Not Going to C5 Support Group <rant, poll>

lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
I've never been to a Converegence. I thought... oh... goody, it's in the SE,
I'll get to go. Nope. Not only do I have the complications of my job, now
that I am seriously dating someone; there is no way I could possibly go
without him. *sigh* Perhaps next year...

there's always next year...

So what's everybody that's not going doing?

^*^ victoria gwaed ^*^
^*^ lilitua...@2die4.com ^*^
^*^ http://www.threethirteen.net ^*^

XloreleiX

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
victoria gwaed wrote:

>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I'm not going mainly 'cos I have tentative major travel/moving plans for this
summer + autumn and I really can't afford it...but I can't say I'm too upset
about missing it. I can't think of anybody going who I'm dying to meet, I'm not
a huge fan of the bands that are playing (well, I like Clan of Xymox, but I've
heard they're not so good live), I *really* detest the authors that will be
present...New Orleans would admittedly be very cool, but I think I'd rather go
on my own sometime. I just don't really deal well with big convention-type
things, I don't think, even if it does involve a bunch of goths. ;)

But...if I can figure out a way to go to autumn Whitby, I will be a giddy girl
indeed...
~Lorelei~
* * * * * * *
"Wow! They have Nick Cave dolls now? I want one!"~Bongwater
"The Betty Ford Clinic--why, it must be the most glamourous
place on earth!"~John Waters~http://members.aol.com/XloreleiX

my little indigo boy

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> there's always next year...
>

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Much as I would've loved to go, I'm not.

It's not even the principle of the thing; it's that it's in New
Orleans, which is my One True Love as far as cities go.

What I'll be doing instead is no doubt far more intriguing than
attending a Convergence;

I'm getting new tires put on my car.

I'm going to Belmar for a couple of hours to watch the Atlantic shimmy to
and fro.

I'm going to sulk because Emily will be out of town with her family.

I'm going to listen to a new Slowdive bootleg that came in the mail
today.[1]

I'm going to maybe get a domain of my own.[2]

Whee.

- chris

> > christopher anderson
>>> ..shine.. *1
>>> http://www.blood-dance.net/~zastur/

[1] Oslo, Norway -- 18 October 1993, if anyone cares.

[2] I'm not going to say what it is because you'll steal it before I can
register it like some tosser did with dubious.org.

olivia

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99

lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

sulking.

--
when you go underground you have to learn to live with the rats
<:3 )---

Lady Greycat

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
> lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:
>
> > So what's everybody that's not going doing?

What I normally do. Just sit around on the computer all weekend and be
bored.

It's just another weekend to me.

Greycat
--
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://greycat.succubus.net

Necr0angel

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
>From: lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} <lilitu...@threethirteen.net>

>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I didn't even consider going, it doesn't interest me.
Large groups of people make me want to find a corner and not talk to anyone but
myself. ;)
I'm doing what I always do, go to classes and sit in front of a computer(either
at home, or in school...the joys of computer classes).
Yep, I'm interesting.
Let the good times roll! Maybe I'll go out on the edge and download a new web
browser that's neither Netscape or IE...WOO! I don't know if I can stand the
excitment! :)

necroangel, being quiet now...
http://www.design-tech.net/necroangel/
"Quit asking me why you moron." - Hojo
"Clearly you were born with limited bandwidth" -Billigotchi
ICQ # 6471503

lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
In article <19990330155917...@ng-fd1.aol.com>,
necr0...@aol.com.die (Necr0angel) wrote:

> I'm doing what I always do, go to classes and sit in front of a computer
(either
> at home, or in school...the joys of computer classes).
> Yep, I'm interesting.
> Let the good times roll! Maybe I'll go out on the edge and download a new web
> browser that's neither Netscape or IE...WOO! I don't know if I can stand the
> excitment! :)

Hrm... maybe you should code a browser... the first web browser by and for
goths.

duchess rufus

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
In article <7dqsts$m40$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, lilituaeternus {victoria
gwaed} <lilitu...@threethirteen.net> writes

>I've never been to a Converegence. I thought... oh... goody, it's in the SE,
>I'll get to go. Nope. Not only do I have the complications of my job, now
>that I am seriously dating someone; there is no way I could possibly go
>without him. *sigh* Perhaps next year...
>
>there's always next year...
>
>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I'm taking the bus to Glasgow for the weekend, to visit with friends,
idley plot and get some much-needed sleep/vacation.

ooo boy, do I need some days off. yes.

duchess rufus, who just loves observing bank holidays.

Kali Nichta

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Celebrating my 26th birthday with people I love. I'll be having just as
much, if not more, fun than everyone in NOLA, baybee.

[[-------[[ Kali Nichta ]]-------]]
http://www.sfgoth.com/~kali | http://www.sfgoth.com/writers
"It was to card magic what the Atlantic Ocean is to wet."
-Neil Gaiman

Lady Lamia

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I'm heading down to Ocean City and stay in a faboo condo, relax and eat
lots of yummy seafood.

=)
Erin
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Iridescent Maroon Sparkles of Glittergoth ~ Designation: 6666969 of Goth
Spirits of the Dead ~ http://internettrash.com/users/ldylamia
a.g.f. Pages ~ http://www.angelfire.com/md/ecullum/agfpages.html

Sheryl Kirby

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> I've never been to a Converegence. I thought... oh... goody, it's in the SE,
> I'll get to go. Nope. Not only do I have the complications of my job, now
> that I am seriously dating someone; there is no way I could possibly go
> without him. *sigh* Perhaps next year...

The only one I've ever been to is the one I organized. :) I'm not sure that
even counts.

> there's always next year...

Or Hallowmas. :)

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Spring Cleaning. Yippee! Plus probably regular weekend stuff... groceries,
laundry, maybe a movie. And rollerderby... I cannot miss rollerderby.

Sheryl
(who is sometimes just too kitchsy for her own good)
--
Hallowmas 1999 - October 29th to 31st, Toronto, Canada
http://www.stainedproductions.com/hallowmas/

Message has been deleted

Greg Clow

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} <lilitu...@threethirteen.net> wrote:

: > Let the good times roll! Maybe I'll go out on the edge and download a new web

: > browser that's neither Netscape or IE...WOO! I don't know if I can stand the
: > excitment! :)

: Hrm... maybe you should code a browser... the first web browser by and for
: goths.

Oh, I can see it now.

Options > Colors >

"Please select your background color. Your options are black, black, black
and black"

"Please select your text color. Your options are black, black, black and
black"

Nope. Don't think it'd work. :)

Greg

mykal d'archangel

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99

> Victoria Gwaed asked:

> >So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I will perhaps clean. Maybe unpack some more (those boxes repack themselves every
night- I swear it!) I'll probably just end up going shopping for a lot of household
things that I really can't afford, but have always wanted. Oh Yeah! I'm going to
paint all of my crappy old wood furniture black. Yup.

Then I'll probably go hang out at the local club on Sunday. I walked in last week,
the lights were going- but no music! They were alll watching The X-Files on the TVs
at the bar.

m d'a
"This is how we make fishcakes..."
http://members.tripod.com/~Mikhaine/shadowsfall/index.html

Gothgirl2k

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
Victoria Gwaed asked:
>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Makeing easter dinner if any body shows up.
I might go to my moms but I bet her boyfriend will be there and I really do not
care for him or how she acts around him.
Maybe a easter egg hunt in the cemetery down the street. At least those friends
can not get up to leave.

the gothic princess<kendy>
I have the boots, the naughty background, and the desire to flirt with
everyone. Now can I be a Spice Girl?????
ICQ# 34063467
(Steal the tiara from my head to reply.)

Hagdrisil

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

>> >So what's everybody that's not going doing?

>I will perhaps clean. Maybe unpack some more (those boxes repack themselves
> every night- I swear it!)

I think your right, I keep finding more boxes full of stuff that I swear I
unpacked already. I moved 2 years ago ;-)

I think my easter is going to be an all-round non-event. No useable wheels (got
to do work to my car) and nobody's coming to visit. Oh well.

Hagdrisil

"Recently gone crazy, having a wounderful trip, wish you were here..."
/^w^\ <=- Dragon on a strafing run.

Gothae Obscurum

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

I'm working in Canada ATM and will be going skiing this weekend.
I have never been skiing before. I anticipate much hilarity at the
expense of my clumsiness.

Cheers

Paul.

--
"Never equate popularity with quality, the two rarely coincide."
Logray MD, R.A.S.C.

Panic Girl

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Lady Lamia wrote:

> lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:
>
> > So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Moping... there's always next year.
PANIC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me life/ Give me pain
Give me my/ Self again
- Tori Amos

lette...@nospamdeathsdoor.com

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:05:17 -0500, gre...@succubus.net (Lady
Greycat) wrote:
>> lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:
>>
>> > So what's everybody that's not going doing?
>
>What I normally do. Just sit around on the computer all weekend and be
>bored.
>
>It's just another weekend to me.

(sigh) Yeah. Fucking ditto.

Letterbomb
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in
the mirror, because I bet that's what REALLY throws you
into a panic. - Jack Handy
HOMEPAGE: www.angelfire.com/ct/letterbomb ICQ: 16386278

BIuAngI

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

Avoid my house. Go clubbing. Hang out with friends. The usual. *shrug*

Gothae Cassus Livor
"Oh yeah, Tinky-Winky's the gay one. The other ones are just sensitive."
The AGF eBay Webring: http://www.angelfire.com/md/blueangel/agf.html
The AGF FAQ: http://www.toreadors.com/gothfash

Jennie Kermode

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:08:35 GMT, lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}
<lilitu...@threethirteen.net> wrote:
>I've never been to a Converegence. I thought... oh... goody, it's in the SE,
>I'll get to go. Nope. Not only do I have the complications of my job, now
>that I am seriously dating someone; there is no way I could possibly go
>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Rufus will be visiting me this weekend, so I'll be kind of busy,
but I do intend to stick around a.g. and post as much as I can. Let's show
that we can keep this place going on our own. You have three days to start
coming up with earth-shatteringly brilliant ideas. :)

Jennie

--
Jennie Kermode http://www.skinner.demon.co.uk/jennie jen...@innocent.com

lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
*thrilled*

Thursday: seeing the Matrix with the boi
Friday: Working on pages, cleaning with the boi
Saturday: Working on pages and cleaning more... thrifting without the boi as
the boi must work and I must shop
Sunday: Going to the wilds of KY to see the boi's rents. I don't want to go...
I don't need another stuffed rabbit, or dog drool on my shoes

Gothae Orior Avia

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

> Avoid my house. Go clubbing. Hang out with friends. The usual. *shrug*--

Sounds like what I'll be doing, sans the clubbing (If only Kent were bigger)

Gothae Orior Avia

"In the end you will submit, it's got to hurt a little bit" -New Order,
Subculture
"God must be an undead cat." -Ren

David Gerard

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:54:34 -0800, olivia <ivy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
:lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

:> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

:sulking.

Working. Friday, Sunday, Monday. Getting paid a shitload.

I need a fucking holiday. Or at least a 'weekend' that's actually two
days next to each other, not a Saturday and a Tuesday.

--
http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/ http://xenu.netizen.com.au/
"The larger a program, the less likely it is to do anything useful whatsoever."

klaatu

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
David Gerard wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:54:34 -0800, olivia <ivy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> :lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:
>
> :> So what's everybody that's not going doing?
>
> :sulking.
>
> Working. Friday, Sunday, Monday. Getting paid a shitload.
>
> I need a fucking holiday. Or at least a 'weekend' that's actually two
> days next to each other, not a Saturday and a Tuesday.

Wow. you _do_ have reasons to mope. Except for the "getting paid a shitload"
part.

--
"We look through a glass but darkly:
What we see is more colored by our beliefs,

Absinthea

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99

lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

My sister is coming to visit for the weekend. Shes a frosh architecture
major and is so *fashionably* lonely and depressed at her school. So we
agreed to take her in and let her join us for Easter (always has been a
pretty significant holiday to our family).

Hubby was going to let me and a pal go to C5, but once I found out that
I was expecting baby #2, I told him that I needed to stay around here.
Also I needed to save some $$ and if I went to C5 I *know* I would have
little self control. I really wouldn't have gone though if he didn't
come with me...but then again it is Easter weekend and like I said its a
holiday that is very big with both our families. We also thought of
taking a family vacation (with AJ) to NOLA during C5 and possibly
attending some of the daytime activities that would be acceptable for AJ
to go to, but then we thought "Nah, need to save $$".

Someday though...someday.

absinthea

LidlAmazon

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
I will be bitter and sulking because I did not find anyone to go with and did
not think I would have the money to go. I probably could have done both. But I
also don't have the right clothes. Or the right job. Well.

CasSandra

T3chroMancer

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
I won't be going. Not that it really came as a suprise, but it still sucks.
I will OTOH, be setting up me L!nux network this weekend, And attending the
first 2600 meeting in this area (wich i'm proud to say i organized). I guess
i'll have enough on my mind to keep "not going" from bothering me.

TechroMancer
T3chroMancer
"Comparing Linux Vs Microsoft for your operating system is like
comparing wether asprin or cyanide is better for a headache."

mykal d'archangel

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99

Jennie Kermode wrote:

> You have three days to start
> coming up with earth-shatteringly brilliant ideas. :)

Gar! Pressure! I can't deal with pressure!
*runs and hides*

Gypsy58381

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
>So what's everybody that's not going doing?

sulking. Gonna road trip to Wyoming (oh, the bloody rapture) for the weekend
and scare ugly cowboys out of the local VI.
::pouting until C6::
~mouse

DarkLife1

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
> lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}did inquire

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

<Crawling out from the rock he's been hiding under...blinks and yawns>

Thursday - sleeping in...
Friday - sleeping in...
Saturday - SCREW New Orleans (no offense); I'm getting up early, slamming down
a couple cups of ridiculously strong coffee, and a friend and I are heading to
Manhattan for a weekend of what I hope will be filled with unrepentant
debauchery and wanton hedonism...
Sunday - sleeping in...

"We use ideas merely to justify our evil, and speech merely to conceal our
ideas." ~ Voltaire, Dialogue XIV.

`Una

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
{victoria gwaed} wrote
> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Well, right now I am reading a.g. and missing my favorite
regulars right now.
*waves to the gals hoping they'll see this when they get back*

Friday, I will be in physical therapy and comparison shopping
with my mother. She's taking me to all the local stores to
price items I need for my posture and sunprotection since
the damned car accident that is STILL having an effect on
my life five months after the fact.

Saturday, I will be reading a.g. and hoping my favorite regulars
are having a good time. I will also be hoping that time goes
quickly until they get back. I will also be working on
finishing up my kickass bodice for the next SCA campout in
two weeks. I'm hand sewing the thing, so it should be done
by then.

Sunday, I will be working on crocheting that wool shawl so
I don't freeze my ass off at that upcoming event. I haven't
touched it since last summer and I merely started it then, so
it will be a miracle if I have it done by then.
Maybe some gentleman will take pity on me and loan me his
cloak ;)

I will also be attending Divergence. I didn't know if it was
happening tonight, so I worked on my homepage instead.
It's alot better than it was when I started it a year ago,
but I still need to add more content. It's getting there.

`Una - the young locust
who has a homepage for her own education and satisfaction
since it never gets any hits ;)
--
Gothae Una Verus
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/delacroix/488/

Margyzr

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
>> lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed}did inquire
>> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

working, so that maybe, just maybe, I can one day AFFORD to go to convergence.
Mars
An angel's arm cannot raise me from the grave
A legion of angels cannot confine me here -Boston Gravestone

LidlAmazon

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
>I will also be working on
>finishing up my kickass bodice for the next SCA campout in
>two weeks

You're wearing a bodice to a sexual compulisve anonymous meeting? And they're
having a campout???

CasSandra

Dmentia

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
lilituaeternus wrote:

> I've never been to a Converegence.

<snip>

> there's always next year...
>

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Friday: Went to see Love & Rockets. Very good show, they played a nice mix
of new and old (which, joy of joys, included "Yin Yang and the Flowerpot
Man"). All looked wonderful, especially Daniel who's wearing his age quite
well. ;) A great show, however, the opening band - a musical plague
called Lenola - sucked. I dunno if they were local (Philly) or on tour
with L&R, but they were the most mismatched opening act that I've seen
since Spiritualized opened for Siouxsie back in 1995.

Saturday: Spent all day listening to CDs and playing Diablo on my
husband's laptop. After a trip to the cinema proved fruitless (all Matrix
tix were sold), we hung out with some of the spouse's relatives who are
visiting from Manila.

Sunday: Plans include Easter dinner with more relatives and watching good
Sunday night TV like the X-Files and HBO's Sopranos.

Dmentia, who's not been to a musical confab since SxSW in 91, where she
learned that Texas is not just for oil magnates and cowboys.

^^ Replace NOSPAM with yahoo to email^^

Sheryl Kirby

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
> > So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Thursday: Hooked off work at noon and met Greg for lunch. Went to the One of a
kind Craft Show where not especially much of anything was one-of-a-kind. More
stuffed bunnies and children's flowery dresses than the eye could see. And
jam. A fuckload of jam. Ended up not buying anything... except jam, but did
find a few things I wanted, in particular a sculpted metal spiderweb necklace
where the web sits across the upper chest and the spider sits on one shoulder.
But at $135, I figured it might be better to think about it a bit first.
Thursday night we hung out with our downstairs neighbors drinking spiked
coffee and chatting.

Friday: I hate religious holidays. Not a damn thing open... watched a "freak"
episode of Jenny Jones about goths and punks that wanted to be famous, then
rented a couple of movies. Watched Homefries.. it's cute, not fabulous, but
pretty cute. Got cranky when my fave Rollerjam team lost to Greg's fave team.
(I'm addicted, what can I say?)

Saturday: Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Met a friend and his new girlfriend
for lunch, then wandered along Queen St looking for fabric. Bought books.
Didn't buy the $90 Leigh Bowery book I really wanted, but will probably go
back for it. (Bowery was a performance artist/club kid in the 80's and used to
appear in magazines like Details and Paper, back before they went all
mainstream.) Found the TaeBo tapes for sale at Blockbuster! Woohoo! Went to a
friend's place in the evening wher we ended up listening to Steinski and the
Mass Media, how old skool! Smoked pot for the first time in about 5 years and
it hit me like a ton of bricks. Had to stop for donuts on the way home. :)

Sunday: Dammit, I will clean out my closet today! And I've got fabric to cut.
Plus there's "Easter" dinner to cook. But it's just Greg and I so it won't be
a big fuss.

All in all, just a regular weekend, pretty much. Admittedly I have spent some
time looking at Ruhiel's and Christine's C5 photos and longing to be there.
<pout> But I hope they're all having a good time, and someone better bring me
back some Blackened Voodoo!

Sheryl

my little indigo boy

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
In this, the Year of Our Lord, Sun, 04 Apr 1999 11:00:20 -0400, the

indefatigable Sheryl Kirby <she...@stainedproductions.com> wrote:

><pout> But I hope they're all having a good time, and someone better bring me
>back some Blackened Voodoo!

Of all the things I miss about New Orleans, Blackened Voodoo
lager has got to be one of the most missed things... *sigh*
That beer is so fuckin' good. *snuffle*

I've been kind of a mess this weekend because I really wanted
to be there but I couldn't afford to go. Ah well.

/me returns to being a mess until tomorrow.

- chris

> > christopher anderson
> > ..needlessly obsessed.. *1
> > http://www.blood-dance.net/~zastur/ <-- new version available!

BIuAngI

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
What I could really go for are some beignets... nothing like waking up and
walking from your hotel to Cafe Du Monde for fresh beignets and cafe au lait to
wake you up. *purrrrrrrr*

my little indigo boy

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
In this, the Year of Our Lord, 4 Apr 1999 18:19:13 GMT, the
indefatigable biu...@aol.compost (BIuAngI) wrote:

>What I could really go for are some beignets... nothing like waking up and
>walking from your hotel to Cafe Du Monde for fresh beignets and cafe au lait to
>wake you up. *purrrrrrrr*

That'd be good, too... Hell, just being there would be enough
for me. But until I can get there, I've got a few boxes of Café du
Monde beignet mix stowed away in my kitchen. ;>

BIuAngI

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
zas...@blood-dance.net wrote:

>In this, the Year of Our Lord, 4 Apr 1999 18:19:13 GMT, the
>indefatigable biu...@aol.compost (BIuAngI) wrote:
>
>>What I could really go for are some beignets... nothing like waking up and
>>walking from your hotel to Cafe Du Monde for fresh beignets and cafe au lait
>>wake you up. *purrrrrrrr*
>
> That'd be good, too... Hell, just being there would be enough
>for me. But until I can get there, I've got a few boxes of Café du
>Monde beignet mix stowed away in my kitchen. ;>

Lucky. I stocked up, and used up all the boxes within half a year. *pout* And
there ain't no damn place around here that sells beignet mix. *poutwhinemope* I
want beignets. *will have undying gratitude for anyone who brings them back
for her hehehe*

my little indigo boy

Apr 4, 1999, 4:00:00 AM4/4/99
In this, the Year of Our Lord, 4 Apr 1999 20:00:35 GMT, the
indefatigable biu...@aol.compost (BIuAngI) wrote:

>Lucky. I stocked up, and used up all the boxes within half a year. *pout* And
>there ain't no damn place around here that sells beignet mix. *poutwhinemope* I
>want beignets. *will have undying gratitude for anyone who brings them back
>for her hehehe*

Last time I checked, you could order beignet mix and coffee
and stuff from the Café du Monde website, http://www.cafedumonde.com/
... same prices as their outlet store on Decatur Street and (I think)
Urselines Street. You just have to pay shipping.
Good thing for me, the A&P in East Brunswick sells "French
Market" brand coffee and chicory. Tastes just like the Café du Monde
stuff. :> Pity it costs about $2 more.

Tetsab

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
lilituaeternus {victoria gwaed} wrote:

> So what's everybody that's not going doing?

Catching up on my (now) 1425 unread messages (down from 2589.. that's
not half bad).

Friday: Celebrated my dad's birthday at a resturbar they have up here
called 'Mudhens', played the NTN triva they have there. Drank vodka..
thought about how bloody fun NOLA would be. Got depressed.

Saturday: Celebrated The Boyfriend's dad's birthday at a resturbar they
have up here called 'Seumus O' Brian's', was the only one who ate (which
was rather weird). Came home looked at Christine/Kermit's & Ruhiel's
pictures. Got depressed.

Sunday: Went over to The Best Friend's house for Easter dinner. Drank
rye.. was already depressed.

Monday: Going back over to The Best Friend's to watch Real Genius and
drink. (Probably get depressed ;)

Inbetween all these days I've listened to 'Louise' by CoX about 17
times. Why? Well #1. Xymox is (as if anyone out there didn't know) the
band performing at C5. #2. 'Louise' is my name, for anyone who didn't
know, and also for anyone who doesn't know, I hate it. (Damn whiney
name.. suits me right now though ;) So if I was there Ron would be
whining it in my face.

Plenty people have mentioned that they've got no problems missing it.
Well I obviously do. :) For a whole bunch of reasons probably compounded
by the fact that I've been to a convergence in the past and had a really
great time and now know most people even better since then.

Right at New Years a bunch of the 'merican net.goths came up and it only
reminded me in technicolour how much fun it is. Incidently incase you're
getting a strange picture of me.. I'm *not* a social person. I have no
problem going to a club alone, sitting, dancing etc.. alone all night.
But there it's different.. the atmosphere, the people, (the bands), just
bring me right out.

And I miss that. :(

Tetsab.

--
1425 Unread Messages In A.G & Counting. 25 Unresponded to in e-mail.
***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---

BIuAngI

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
zas...@blood-dance.net wrote:

>>Lucky. I stocked up, and used up all the boxes within half a year. *pout*
>And
>>there ain't no damn place around here that sells beignet mix.
>*poutwhinemope* I
>>want beignets. *will have undying gratitude for anyone who brings them back
>>for her hehehe*
>
> Last time I checked, you could order beignet mix and coffee
>and stuff from the Café du Monde website, http://www.cafedumonde.com/
>... same prices as their outlet store on Decatur Street and (I think)
>Urselines Street. You just have to pay shipping.
> Good thing for me, the A&P in East Brunswick sells "French
>Market" brand coffee and chicory. Tastes just like the Café du Monde
>stuff. :> Pity it costs about $2 more.

Hrmm... I'll have to look into that. Can't say I was ever really big on
chickoree coffee. *shrug* It's too bitter, I like sweet stuff. Yes, I'm a wuss.
*g*

Ron Cecchini

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99

Tetsab <Antisocia...@see-reply.com> wrote:

> Inbetween all these days I've listened to 'Louise' by CoX about 17
> times. Why? Well #1. Xymox is (as if anyone out there didn't know) the
> band performing at C5. #2. 'Louise' is my name, for anyone who didn't
> know, and also for anyone who doesn't know, I hate it. (Damn whiney
> name.. suits me right now though ;) So if I was there Ron would be
> whining it in my face.

Actually, i *did* whine it in your honor. Just ask ... ... ...

Whoever was standing next to me at that moment when i said:

"This is for Tetsab.", & went into an angst-ridden girlie-swirlie

"Loooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeze..."

Please excuse me (hopefully temporary) brain failure, as my head is
pretty screwed up right now, & my ears haven't recovered from the plane,
and my sinuses have gone belly-up, & ...

][

(who missed all of the Cruxshadows because of a ticket snafu. oh well.)