WWGS & Hasbo Announce Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures

BA

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
White-Wolf Game Studios, in partnership with Hasbro, is proud to anounce the
creation of Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures. Now Vampire fans of all
ages can thrill to the adventures of Axel Blood and his band of Anarchs as they
struggle to free Dark City from the repressive forces of Prince Vlad
Pretentious. This concept will be supported not only by a full line of action
figures, vehicles and playsets, but also t-shirts, posters, an Image comic book
and a cartoon series.

The first wave of action figures is scheduled for an August 28th release and
will include:

Axel Blood
He's the Gothic-Punk rebel of the World of Darkness. The brooding and moody
loner who leads Axel's Anarchs The Brujah anti-hero who's here to bring down
The Man! He is AXEL BLOOD!
Includes black leather trenchcoat, silver plated katana, and twin matching
Glock pistols.

Werner Purefang
Axel's friend and companion, the Gangrel Native American Viking biker warrior
Werner uses his mystickal shaman powers and werewolf magick to aid the Anarchs
in their battle against Prince Vlad.
Includes Souix war bonnet, Viking battle axe, and Grand Klaive.

Koodles MacManson
The kooky and lovable Malkavian clown, Koodles has joined Axel's Anarchs to
save his friends, the Fae, who are threatened by the forces of Banality that
work through Prince Vlad.
Includes straight-jacket, fright wig, clown shoes, and enchanted chainsaw.

Appolyon Deathtongue
The Shock Rock Renegade, Deathtongue the Nosferatu is here to freak the
mundanes and destroy all of the Beatiful People! Satan is his master and OZZY
RULZ!!!
Includes electric guitar/battle axe, spiked shoulderpads, shotgun, and
extending tongue action.

Raven Bloodwynd
Prince Vlad's Toreador ally, the beautiful and sexy Raven is the owner of the
Succubus Club. But Raven is also secretly in love with Axel Blood, drawn like a
moth to the flame of his brooding and rebellious attitude.
Includes glass of bloodwyne, removable leather catsuit, and silver katana.

Varney von Crowley
The anal retentive Tremere sorcerer von Crawley uses his banal European blood
magick to enforce the Prince's will throughout the city.
Includes sword cane, ghouled black cat, spell book, and magick amulet.

Vlad Pretentious
The evil manipulative Ventrue Prince of Dark City, Vlad ruthlessly destroys all
who stand in his way. Only Axel Blood can stand against him.
Includes silver broadsword, black steel armor, and Uzi.

Ghoul Warrior
One of Prince Vlad's legion of blood-bound minions.
Includes shotgun and sword.

Each figure is $7.99

The second wave is set for an October 30th release:

The Blood Bikes
Three unique motorcycles, each with an exclusive action figure
~Axel's Bloodbike, includes exclusive Axel Blood Biker figure, with leather
jacket and shotgun.
~Werner's Wolfcycle, includes exclusive Werner Purefang Biker figure with
Viking helmet and spear.
~Ghoul Chopper, includes exclusive Ghoul Biker figure with submachine gun.
$13.99 each.

The Anarch Assault Van
Now Axel's Anarch's can take it to the Man with both guns blazing! Comes
complete with machine guns and rocket launchers, includes exclusive Madeline
Cross Caitiff figure with AK-47 and broadsword. The back of the van has room
for 2 Blood Bikes.
$19.99

The Prince's Battle Limo
Prince Vlad prowls the streets of Dark City in his armored luxury sedan. Limo
transforms into urban assault vehicles. Includes exclusive Ghoul Driver figure
with submachine gun and billyclub.
$19.99

Shipping Dec 4th

The Succubus Club Action Playset
Its the place where the world's movers and shakers come to deal. Its where
anyone who's anyone is seen. Its where vampires rule the night. It's the
Succubus Club. Hunt among the beautiful people on the dance floor, sip
bloodwyne at the bar, or conduct your business in the private upstairs room.
This massive playset includes exclusive Ghoul Bartender, Ghoul Bouncer, and
Raven Bloodwynd Hostess figures.
$79.99

Future releases will include Kayin ibn Adnan, the bloodthirsty Assamite
Assassin; Starlina Nytewynd, the Gypsy Ravnos thief and mystick; Giustino
Giovanni, the necromantic banker, and Varney von Crawley's Chantry (with
exclusive Gargoyle Guardian figure).

Pepsi 128

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
*Blink Blink Blink*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In article <20000401033336...@ng-fh1.aol.com>,
barmo...@aol.com.nospam says...

--
Pepsi 128
(AKA Bryan)

Bobby Hitt

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
Dammit! How long do I have to wait for Lirpa Loof, Koodles' cuddly little
Pooka friend?

:)

Bobby Hitt
-=- Bobby's Page O' Various RPG's -
http://members.xoom.com/semichrist/rpg.htm
-=- Bobby's Page O' Various Images - http://members.xoom.com/semichrist

Tenzhi the Ti Hsien

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
On 01 Apr 2000 08:33:36 GMT, barmo...@aol.com.nospam (BA) wrote:

What an elaborate April Fools' hoax.

Alexander Bateman

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
I just don't believe Hasbro Would'nt let them do a Setite,
Its a sad time we live in.

Alex

BA <barmo...@aol.com.nospam> wrote in message

Olof Jönsson

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
BAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Oh man...

I got tears in my eyes from laughing...

Peace!

Kodiak

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00

In article <38e5d...@news2.cluster1.telinco.net>, "Alexander Bateman" <alexande...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> I just don't believe Hasbro Would'nt let them do a Setite,
> Its a sad time we live in.

They will. They'll just reycle the old Serpentor figures and give them a new
paint job.

-----

Kodiak

"You called me strong, you called me weak,
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times
I never let you down
..
If I go crazy then will you still
Call me Superman
If I’m alive and well, will you be there
Holding my hand"

-- 3 Doors Down, "Kryptonite"

Kodiak

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00

Hey, you forgot to include "Emmanuel Lewis Liu" the mysterious
Asian-American Salubri Warrior midget with Kung-Fu Action Grip.

Ryan Clarke

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
Dear BA,

You forgot about the Indian Tzimsce torturer action figure.

I believe his name is "Sili Putti". He comes in a convenient egg shaped
coffin, your choice of colour! Shape him anyway you want! Available now!

All my best,

Ryan Clarke

SFryar

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
LMAO!!!! That was a hilarious April Fool's Day prank!

Thanks for making my day with a good laugh! Well done. ;)

StephiLyn

fnhe...@my-deja.com

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00

That IS a good one. This is pretty good too, check it out:

http://www.effenheimer.com

It keeps your happy... happy

In article <20000401223821...@ng-fc1.aol.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Robin Lim

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00

BA <barmo...@aol.com.nospam> wrote in message
> White-Wolf Game Studios, in partnership with Hasbro, is proud to anounce
the
> creation of Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures. Now Vampire fans of
all
> ages can thrill to the adventures of Axel Blood and his band of Anarchs as
they
> struggle to free Dark City from the repressive forces of Prince Vlad
> Pretentious.

April Fools, everybody.

I would have bought it, if you didn't call the Prince Vlad Pretentious, and
claimed Hasbro was putting them out.

Rob

Lord Stevil the Parakeet Shaman

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
to barmo...@aol.com
barmo...@aol.com.nospam (BA) wrote:

> White-Wolf Game Studios, in partnership with Hasbro, is proud to
> anounce the creation of Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures. Now
> Vampire fans of all ages can thrill to the adventures of Axel Blood
> and his band of Anarchs as they struggle to free Dark City from the
> repressive forces of Prince Vlad Pretentious.

<snip>

*Wipes tears from eyes, grins sheepishly at lab monitor and other
students in university lab who think he's gone insane.*

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while here. Bravo, BA. Good
show!

-- Lord Stevil the Parakeet Shaman

Deirdre M. Brooks

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00

Robin Lim wrote:

> April Fools, everybody.
> I would have bought it, if you didn't call the Prince Vlad Pretentious, and
> claimed Hasbro was putting them out.

I refer you to Breedbook Corax, under their opinions of Vampires.

Also to the alternate character creation rules in the Vampire STH. :-)

--
Deird'Re M. Brooks | xe...@teleport.com | cam#9309026
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

Robin Lim

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00

Deirdre M. Brooks <xe...@teleport.com> wrote in message

> Robin Lim wrote:
> >
> > April Fools, everybody.
> > I would have bought it, if you didn't call the Prince Vlad Pretentious,
and
> > claimed Hasbro was putting them out.
>
> I refer you to Breedbook Corax, under their opinions of Vampires.
>
> Also to the alternate character creation rules in the Vampire STH. :-)

Yes, but I don't think the Hasbro marketing department would approve a name
like Vlad Pretentious. Maybe Vlad Praetorius :)

Rob

Sylvia A. King

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
And what about Sturn Wyrmscowl, Corrupted Get of Fenris and his Black Spiral
Dancer First Team Death Squad? it comes complete with interchangeable Bane
Mutations!

Ryan Clarke <re...@home.com> wrote in message

§pectreWolf

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
to Robin Lim
Kewl. Well, i would have bought it except that the Gangrel ha da Grand Klaive
and did "werewolf magic". that gave it WAY away

Robin Lim wrote:

> BA <barmo...@aol.com.nospam> wrote in message

> > White-Wolf Game Studios, in partnership with Hasbro, is proud to anounce
> the
> > creation of Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures. Now Vampire fans of
> all
> > ages can thrill to the adventures of Axel Blood and his band of Anarchs as
> they
> > struggle to free Dark City from the repressive forces of Prince Vlad
> > Pretentious.
>

> April Fools, everybody.
>
> I would have bought it, if you didn't call the Prince Vlad Pretentious, and
> claimed Hasbro was putting them out.
>

> Rob

bruce ramsay

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
what a evil and deviant joke
gotta be a malk in there somewhere
keep the peace

BA <barmo...@aol.com.nospam> wrote in message
> White-Wolf Game Studios, in partnership with Hasbro, is proud to anounce
the
> creation of Vampire: The Masquerade Action Figures. Now Vampire fans of
all
> ages can thrill to the adventures of Axel Blood and his band of Anarchs as
they
> struggle to free Dark City from the repressive forces of Prince Vlad

Tom Knight

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
God-dammit I'd BUY these! Satirical White-Wolf action figures market so far = 1.
Total monetary holdings of said market = £14.76 and a single (1) Worther's
Original toffee. Bugger. I'm off to find some modeling putty. And await the Ring
Of True Magery (with undermounted Primium chainguns) set.

--

- A.I.N.O.M.

Cyberpunk: Putting the funk into dysfunctional

"The closest that can be seen to an awareness of natural selection in the
role-playing community is that guys know they should play Vampire if they want to
meet chicks" - Greg Chaltham

Austin Loomis

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
Okay, the line-up described in the original article would, indeed, qualify
in most states as Good Old-Fashioned Nightmare Fuel. This doesn't,
however, mean the idea of a World of Darkness action figure line is wholly
without merit.

How many of you would pay good money for a reasonably respectful figure
line (preferably from a "collector's market" company like McFarlane or
Moore, I suspect) of the WoD's signature characters?

For that matter, how many would appreciate figures from the "World of
Heroes" as I call it? (Own your own Divis Mal figure? Buy me some of
that!)

Just an opinion (poll), worth what you paid for it.

Austin, and good day.

Robin Lim

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00

Austin Loomis <ze...@fnord.io.com> wrote in message

> Okay, the line-up described in the original article would, indeed, qualify
> in most states as Good Old-Fashioned Nightmare Fuel. This doesn't,
> however, mean the idea of a World of Darkness action figure line is wholly
> without merit.
>
> How many of you would pay good money for a reasonably respectful figure
> line (preferably from a "collector's market" company like McFarlane or
> Moore, I suspect) of the WoD's signature characters?

As I mentioned in another message (WW marketing guys take notice), I'd buy
them.

> For that matter, how many would appreciate figures from the "World of
> Heroes" as I call it? (Own your own Divis Mal figure? Buy me some of
> that!)

Nah. None of the Aberrant characters resemble my PC.

Rob