clarification on newbies

DisGrunTled

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
well i looked back n i saw that some of you say newbies suck.....
well i hate to piss in your eye but here are the facts:
OF COURSE NEWBIES SUCK OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT BE NEWBIES!!!!!!
thank you for waiting, we will now return you to your regular broadcast

--
Remington Chang aka Disgruntled
remi...@fnmail.com

Klaas

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
DisGrunTled wrote:

> well i looked back n i saw that some of you say newbies suck.....
> well i hate to piss in your eye but here are the facts:
> OF COURSE NEWBIES SUCK OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT BE NEWBIES!!!!!!
> thank you for waiting, we will now return you to your regular broadcast

Though the phrase "(blank) sucks" implies that they hold little or no
value as a person. Yes, they can suck at starcraft (but not necessarily
- newbie just means new at something) but to say "(blank) sucks" is a
personal attack that cannot be tolerated? Do you want to be responsible
for the diminuation of their personal worth?!?!?? OH, the huMANity!!!!!!

-MIke

Magicalist

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

I know. There's not a fine line, but a big red line between some one who
plays Starcraft occasionally for fun and someone who uses the ladder as a
status symbol.

DisGrunTled <remi...@fnmail.com> wrote in message

> well i looked back n i saw that some of you say newbies suck.....
> well i hate to piss in your eye but here are the facts:
> OF COURSE NEWBIES SUCK OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT BE NEWBIES!!!!!!
> thank you for waiting, we will now return you to your regular broadcast

Steve L

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Well, I think a newbie becomes between newbism and professionalism is when
you can get 30-50 wins with only about half of that in losses. Just my
opinion, and remember, KYSOTI !

*KYSOTI means Keep Your Stick On The Ice

--

Mr. Steve Signing out!
--Steve

Chaos-san

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
How about if you can get 25 wins with only 1 loss?

--
Chaos-san
Leader of the dreaded SCV squad.

"Never argue with a moron, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat
you with experience."

Shadowy Paradox

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 22:38:14 -0300, Klaas <kl...@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

<snip>

>Though the phrase "(blank) sucks" implies that they hold little or no
>value as a person. Yes, they can suck at starcraft (but not necessarily
>- newbie just means new at something) but to say "(blank) sucks" is a
>personal attack that cannot be tolerated? Do you want to be responsible
>for the diminuation of their personal worth?!?!?? OH, the huMANity!!!!!!

black holes suck.

Shadowy Paradox + Do not meddle in the affairs of cats,
FuzzyGeek + for they are subtle and will piss on
sha...@ix.netcom.com + your computer. - Bruce Graham
Running at the speed of light through the valley of time

Klaas

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99

> black holes suck.

Listen you: black holes have a distinct and ordered purpose in the
universe. Don't you DARE diminish their sense of personal validity!

-Mike

:)

DisGrunTled

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
howbout if u can get X wins with 2x discs???
hehehehe

DisGrunTled

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
yeah so do vacuums....
some blow too!

Chaos-san

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Hey I represent that remark. Accually it's not quite 2x desconnects but
it's like x/2 It's my crappy ISP, I swear, but hey, I don't have to paay
for it so I'm not arguing.

--
Chaos-san
Leader of the dreaded SCV squad.

"Never argue with a moron, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat
you with experience."

Rubber Ducky

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Then you need to stop playing 3on1comp rushes on blood bath. If you are
not. then good for you.

DisGrunTled

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
hey me tooo
actually my record is like 8-2-4
i have UMASS and they have drop times, even if the students are all gone...
I never get the busy signal but i still get dropped

> Hey I represent that remark. Accually it's not quite 2x desconnects but
> it's like x/2 It's my crappy ISP, I swear, but hey, I don't have to paay
> for it so I'm not arguing.
>

> --
> Chaos-san
> Leader of the dreaded SCV squad.
>
> "Never argue with a moron, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat
> you with experience."
>

> DisGrunTled wrote in message <01beaef0$1f28bc60$0ab37780@oemcomputer>...
> >howbout if u can get X wins with 2x discs???
> >hehehehe

Chaos-san

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Good for me than, Rushing is boring. Escpecially in X vs 1 cpu games.

--

Rubber Ducky wrote in message <3758A379...@wtd.net>...

>Then you need to stop playing 3on1comp rushes on blood bath. If you are
>not. then good for you.

DisGrunTled

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
oh i know
x = - 4
right????
huh huh?

Chaos-san

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
He said something about stop playing 3 vs 1 cpu rush game. I said that
rushing is boring since the game ends too fast and also I said I don't like
playing any type of ally game against 1 cpu. I also don't like games with
overwheming odds against the cpu.

--
Chaos-san
Leader of the dreaded SCV squad.

"Never argue with a moron, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat
you with experience."

Sam Furlonger

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
i totaly dissagree, the only way to safley pick a good player on bnet is to
check their ladder record, anyone who has a few ladder wins is no longer a
newbie.

On impression i would rate a player with 5 ladder wins and 15 ladder losses
better than a player with 100 normal wins, 20 losses and no ladder record..

why? because there are people who spend thier time playing the cpu's in
those 3v1 blood bath rush games...

also, a player that plays only in 2v2, 3v3 matchups etc, playing in the
public forum (hopefuly not bgh maps) is damn good if they can get even a
60 - 40 record, no matter how hot you are, getting a crap twammate ensures a
fairly certain death.

--

Carpet Wax
++ ONE OF ITS LEGS ARE BOTH THE SAME ++

DisGrunTled

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
i know ill make a level where u start out in a pit and u have to be terran
to get out, then ill put minerals on top so that one SCV you make can get
them and then you can make
then you can get a couple marines and find there pits!!!!!!!!!!

Chaos-san

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
I made a map once where all the gas was locked behind the minerals. It made
for some interesting play as no one had units high in the tech tree until
later. Also it required a lot of micro management of your SCVs to mine one
of the patched faster so you can get to the gas first. I did find several
flaws. One guy was in a pit like area and basicallyu couldn't do anything
since he was zerg.