Magikarp?

DUDE

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
is magikarp worth training? all it can do is splash, and that does nothing.
It can't even learn water stuff like water gun or bubble beam...

dud...@hotmail.com

Tim Gwinnett

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Said DUDE:

> is magikarp worth training? all it can do is splash, and that does
nothing.
> It can't even learn water stuff like water gun or bubble beam...

God, yes. Either train it lots by putting it at the top of the list, and
then changing pokémon as your first action in every battle, or dump it in
the daycare centre until it reaches level 20. At which point it will evolve
into the supper-powerful Gyarados. A truly excellent and atrocious pokémon.
--
- Tim (cut the "crap" to e-mail)

Now playing: No!

DON'T visit the Millennium Dome. This waste of Ł750 million tax money must
NOT be visited. See http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/brainspiller/dome.html

Visit the One Minute Silence homepage:
http://www.oneminutesilence.net

Or,
http://www.pitchshifter.com
http://www.bubblegun.com
NOW, I said.

Phantom6

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99

DUDE wrote in message <4Ee94.14723$xC4....@newshog.newsread.com>...

>is magikarp worth training? all it can do is splash, and that does nothing.
>It can't even learn water stuff like water gun or bubble beam...
>
>dud...@hotmail.com

Well, At level 15 MagiKarp learns tackle... Then many sailors say that
MagiKarp does something many paople fear...

It evolves into the Dragon Gyarados and learns bite. Yes Gyarados on of the
most powerful Pokemon in the game. Mines at the same level as My Pikachu
and it has 147 hit points, They are both at level 40 and my pikachu has 90
hp

Phantom6 Phading out.

Canabals agree, A sandwhich just isn't a sandwhich without the tangy zip of
dave.

Hound Fan

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 02:22:32 -0000, "Tim Gwinnett"
<tim.gw...@crapnet.ntl.com> wrote:

>Said DUDE:

>> is magikarp worth training? all it can do is splash, and that does
>nothing.
>> It can't even learn water stuff like water gun or bubble beam...
>

>God, yes. Either train it lots by putting it at the top of the list, and
>then changing pokémon as your first action in every battle, or dump it in
>the daycare centre until it reaches level 20. At which point it will evolve
>into the supper-powerful Gyarados. A truly excellent and atrocious pokémon.

You know, it seemed pretty obvious to me when I first tried "splash"
with a magicarp that the evolved form must be something special. I was
NOT disappointed with my Gyrados, and he was one of the cornerstones
of the team I sent up against the Elite Four +1. Mine has learned a
set of water, poison, ice and dragon moves that provide a great amount
of versatility.

Hound Fan

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:15:02 GMT, Someone
<som...@argo60SECSnet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3866dd6a...@news.rcn.com>, jntu...@hygenarg.pbz (Hound

>Does Magikarps attack splash do anything?

Not a thing except kill time. I just let magicarp fill in the first
slot on my list and brought up a more suitable pokemon for each
individual battle. The wait was worth it, though!

Drew Thomas

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99

>moves that provide a great amount
>of versatility.

A Geodude trained to eight or nine levels above the others also provides
a great amount of versatility, Geodude kicks serious butt against
Electric Pokémon...he's definitely gonna be in my Elite Four team!
--
Grats, Drew Thomas

"There are two kinds of people I never get involved with: serial killers and
people who spell 'thanks' with an x." -- Jonathan Creek

Hey! Think it's a hoax? Go to http://www.hoaxkill.com! If it's not there,
register it!
Don't do business with spammers!

Roland Le Good

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
In article <4Ee94.14723$xC4....@newshog.newsread.com>,
"DUDE" <dud...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Subject: Magikarp?
>From: "DUDE" <dud...@hotmail.com>
>Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 01:59:28 GMT
>Newsgroups: alt.games.pokemon

>is magikarp worth training? all it can do is splash, and that does nothing.
>It can't even learn water stuff like water gun or bubble beam...
>

>dud...@hotmail.com

Magikarp is the worst Pokemon in the game. It eventually learns tackle, and
on lvl 20 evolves into Gyarados. Gyarados is one of the best Pokemon in the
game and definately worth training. Bit of an Ugly Duckling really...

Drew Thomas

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99

>Magikarp is the worst Pokemon in the game. It eventually learns tackle, and
>on lvl 20 evolves into Gyarados. Gyarados is one of the best Pokemon in the
>game and definately worth training. Bit of an Ugly Duckling really...

I'm sure that was deliberate...a nice surprise for the persistent people
who refused to accept that Magikarp was s**t.

Nathan

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
why not golem?
Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> >moves that provide a great amount
> >of versatility.
>
> A Geodude trained to eight or nine levels above the others also provides
> a great amount of versatility, Geodude kicks serious butt against
> Electric Pokémon...he's definitely gonna be in my Elite Four team!

Drew Thomas

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
I never evolve my Pokémon until level fifty or so, so they know their
best attacks.

Roland Le Good

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
In article <C578BcAR...@michthom.demon.co.uk>,
Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Subject: Re: Magikarp?
>From: Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk>
>Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 13:36:17 +0000
>Newsgroups: alt.games.pokemon

>I never evolve my Pokémon until level fifty or so, so they know their
>best attacks.

But when the Magikarps best attack is tackle...
It also has Splash which does *nothing*

Ian Bassi

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00

Roland Le Good <rol...@minuet.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <C578BcAR...@michthom.demon.co.uk>,
> Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Subject: Re: Magikarp?
> >From: Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk>
> >Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 13:36:17 +0000
> >Newsgroups: alt.games.pokemon
> >
> >I never evolve my Pokémon until level fifty or so, so they know their
> >best attacks.
>
> But when the Magikarps best attack is tackle...
> It also has Splash which does *nothing*
if you use it against weak firepokemon it does damgae to them

Steve Brunton

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00

Ian Bassi <Bass...@Btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Roland Le Good <rol...@minuet.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > In article <C578BcAR...@michthom.demon.co.uk>,
> > Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >Subject: Re: Magikarp?
> > >From: Drew Thomas <dr...@michthom.demon.co.uk>
> > >Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 13:36:17 +0000
> > >Newsgroups: alt.games.pokemon
> > >
> > >I never evolve my Pokémon until level fifty or so, so they know their
> > >best attacks.
> >
> > But when the Magikarps best attack is tackle...
> > It also has Splash which does *nothing*
> if you use it against weak firepokemon it does damgae to them

No it dosnt. Thats the point. Splash does nothing.
--
Steve Brunton, Sunderlands resident pokemon master ;)