I STILL NEED CHANNELWOOD HELP!!!

1 view

rich

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
i've done everything you've said-routed the water, listened for water,
closed the door, but there are STILL clicks when the handle goes down. the
elevator has a square carved out of it to act as a window and has a pulley
system out front (is this the right elevator?)
HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptor

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
Rich,
Why don't u try routing it to the other elevator and try it. Have a good
look around.
rgds Raptor
rich <rfam...@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message

David

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
rich wrote:

> i've done everything you've said-routed the water, listened for water,
> closed the door, but there are STILL clicks when the handle goes down. the
> elevator has a square carved out of it to act as a window and has a pulley
> system out front (is this the right elevator?)
> HHHEEELLLPPP!...

Whether it is the right elevator or not it should work regardless if

[spoilers]
the water is turned on, routed to it, and you've closed the door before
pulling the lever. Take one step out of the elevator and listen for the
motor chugging away. If you don't hear it you either don't have the
water turned on or it isn't routed correctly. You may be standing on an
adjacent path to where the water is routed.

My advise: Walk the pathway alongside the pipe all the way back to the
windmill checking each valve at the intersections. You should know
which way the valve needs to be set. If you don't then experiment with
it. Back at the water tank make sure the spigot is turned
counterclockwise.

David

Bill Card

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
"rich" <rfam...@suffolk.lib.ny.us> writes:

>i've done everything you've said-routed the water, listened for water,
>closed the door, but there are STILL clicks when the handle goes down. the
>elevator has a square carved out of it to act as a window and has a pulley
>system out front (is this the right elevator?)

>HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>!!!!!!!!!!!
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem pretty frantic. May I ask if you have been able to make any of
the elevators work?

(spoiler)

If this is the first elevator that you've tried, the problem could be
either at the source or in the pipes.

At the source, it is very hard to tell if the water is on or off--the
spigot looked the same either way to me. So check the distribution, and
hit the spigot once (ie. assume it is 'off' and hit it once to turn it
'on').

I also went around behind the tank, and held the red-brown lever for about
thirty seconds, in the belief that that ewither primed the pump or allowed
the tank to fill. Then all the elevators worked

If this is not the first elevator you've tried, then the problem must be
in the distribution. Note that there is a leak in the piping, over to the
left, and you must isolate that section before some other branches will
hold water.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill Card