JYHAD: 9/24/94 Design Team Rulings

1 view

Tom Wylie

Sep 26, 1994, 6:01:12 PM9/26/94

1) In Section 7.2.2 Minion Cards, it says the same action modifier or
reaction card cannot be used twice in the same action by the same MINION,
but in Sections 13.2 and 14 it says the same card cannot be used twice in
the same action by the same PLAYER. Which is correct?

Minion is correct. The same action modifier or reaction card may
not be played by the same Minion in the same action.

2) In Section 12.3.1 Minion Actions/Recruit Ally, it says allies can
block and bleed. Are these the only actions they can take, i.e., can
allies be equipped, employ retainers, or encounter vampires in torpor?

Allies can be equipped as they are minions, they may employ human
retainers (it says so in the second sentence of Employ Retainer), but
they cannot encounter vamps in torpor, (16.3 says only vamps may do so)

3) In section 13.3.2 Stealth and Intercept, it says that if the intercept
of the minion attempting to block is less than the the stealth of the
acting minion, the blocking minion is left untapped, and another minion
may attempt to block. Please confirm that the acting minion would still
enjoy any increased stealth, and the second attempt to block would have
to match that increased stealth.

The acting minion would still enjoy all benefits derived from the
action modifiers played earlier.

4) In the FAQ, it says that if one contested unique location is
burned,then all cards contesting the location are burned. Why?

This is a mistake. Contested cards may not be affected by any
card that does not specifically do so.

5) How fast are cards replaced? For example, suppose I play an Action.
Do I immediately draw a card to replace it, so that if it were an
appropriate Action Modifier, could I apply that to the Action?

Action cards are replaced immediately after they are played. You
can use the drawn card to modify the action.

6) Sudden Reversal doesn't retroactively undo the card being burned, it just
gives the master's controller any pool back, right? So for example, if I
use Sudden Reversal to burn someone else's out-of-turn card as they play it,
they would still lose their next master phase, right?

This is correct. It still counts as being played for Giant's
Blood or out of turn Master cards.

7) If the superior version of Form of Mist is used, then the action resumes
with another +1 stealth stacked on top of it, right? So any previous
stealth would be in effect, Dawn Operation would still apply if the action
is blocked a second time, and so on?

This is correct. All previous stealth bonuses still apply.

8) OK, so it's been established that I could use Govern the Unaligned, or
a similar action, to put blood on someone else' uncontrolled vampire.
Would that vampire pop out at the end of my influence phase, or at the
end of the other player's influence phase?

The vamp would pop out at the end of it's Methuselah's influence.

9) Are multiple Fames cumulative?

Multiple Fames are not cumulative, just like for Army of Rats.

/*
** More errata, basically.
*/

10) OK, so if Obedience is used, then the vampire which was blocked cannot
perform the same action again that turn.

- -> Is each type of bleed considered a different action? For example, if
a vampire was blocked from Computer Hacking and Obedience was then used,
would it be able to use Social Charm later that turn?

Each type of Bleed is a different action.

- -> Suppose the blocked vampire was trying to rescue a vampire from torpor.
I assume the actual action here was "encounter a vampire in torpor",
not "rescue a vampire from torpor" or "rescue vampire V from torpor", and
thus it couldn't try to rescue or diablerize anything else that turn?

You can try to rescue a different vampire. Each action is very
specific, ie rescue "Rikki" from torpor.

Tom Wylie rec.games.deckmaster Network Representative for
aa...@hal.com Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Kevin Maroney

Sep 27, 1994, 12:23:51 AM9/27/94
Has there been an absolutely-final, we-really-mean-it ruling on Rotscheck?

Also, I now have the corrected rules. (Thanks, WotC!) Any hope of a delta
list-- the changes from the original rulebook?
--
Kevin J. Maroney|k...@panix.com|Proud to be a Maroney|Proud to be a Yonker
Never send money to someone who has the language skills of a rutabaga.

Jack Roberts

Sep 27, 1994, 8:03:48 PM9/27/94
k...@panix.com (Kevin Maroney) writes:
> Has there been an absolutely-final, we-really-mean-it ruling on Rotscheck?

what on earth is Rotscheck?

Tom Wylie

Sep 28, 1994, 1:07:14 AM9/28/94
Kevin Maroney <k...@panix.com> wrote:
>Has there been an absolutely-final, we-really-mean-it ruling on Rotscheck?

Not so far as I know, sadly.

>Also, I now have the corrected rules. (Thanks, WotC!) Any hope of a delta
>list-- the changes from the original rulebook?

I suspect we'll want to put the rulebook through another iteration or two
of changes before issuing a delta list. This of course assumes that there
will be more changes, but it certainly needs them...

Tom Wylie rec.games.deckmaster Network Representative for
aa...@hal.com Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

also the Network Representative for alt.games.jyhad