140 hour Rage camp

Jeff Hoppe

Jul 23, 2001, 3:04:18 PM7/23/01
Yes due to the naggy bug of resetting the timer, I believe I hold the record
for the longest Rage camp in existence.

If any of you hear of a longer time, please post.

To any or all Verant folk, what did I ever do to you?

Cadfael 59 Cleric of Erollisi Marr
Affliction

James

Jul 23, 2001, 7:06:23 PM7/23/01

Jeff Hoppe wrote in message ...

You wanted something they feel should be limited in numbers on all
servers. That was your crime.

What gets me is, McQuaid reads the newsgroup. I imagine he might even
cruise server-specific boards if he gets time. He KNOWS the horror stories.
He KNOWS how brutal this is, not just for the cleric, but for the cleric's
friends and the cleric's guild. Every server has at least one story of
massive conflict that extends well after the Ragefire incident, or massive
tragedy (our server, where Ragefire fell INTO THE WALL after a 60 hour
camp - so sorry, start over). And yet they still cling to the idea that the
number of res sticks should be limited or the game will be horribly broken.

The game is broken with them, but not in the way VI thinks. The
sprinkler is a REQUIREMENT for membership in top guilds - try and tell a
guild that you intend to never get yours, and see what they say in response.
The number of people backlogged will NEVER decrease - with two coming into
being per week, and with roughly one in seven high-level players having to
be clerics, the number of new epic-capable clerics is outpacing the number
of clerics leaving the queue. The conflicts this quest is causing are
customer service nightmares - on my server, /who all son of a bitch returns
the guild that had Rage fall into the wall, they tellbombed the GM so badly.
On other servers, Rage conflicts have led to training after training in an
effort to "get even". The sprinkler has caused about as much high-end
conflict as Venril Sathir ever did.

Change it. Make Rage a standard turn-in triggered spawn, and change
something else to compensate. Make Rage tougher than the General. Make other
steps tougher. Nerf the right-click res to the level 49 spell. Make the
sprinkler unable to be activated until level 56. Something. Anything.
Please.

James

Magpie13

Jul 23, 2001, 7:48:50 PM7/23/01
It's all those drive-by heals and buffs you give out. Remember:

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

See you in the trenches!

Drywit

<snip>

Graefaxe

Jul 23, 2001, 8:08:34 PM7/23/01

"Jeff Hoppe" <jhoppe1...@home.com> wrote in message

I had that name on Seventh Hammer. They changed it to Cadfaelx after about
4 sessions and 6 levels. I hated the new name so deleted the character. Of
course, he too was a cleric.

Jeff Hoppe

Jul 23, 2001, 9:42:46 PM7/23/01
LOL Thanks Dry )

"Magpie13" <magpie1...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Jeff Hoppe

Jul 23, 2001, 9:44:33 PM7/23/01

"Graefaxe" <GoAwayIdo...@SPAMMENOT.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Alas. Maybe that is why I had a hard camp, at least I get to keep the name.
:)

The one time it was discussed with me, I brought up the rules state "no
names from popular literature" I am able to prove the Cadfael series was
never popular. ;)

Cadfael

Graefaxe

Jul 23, 2001, 11:17:38 PM7/23/01

> The one time it was discussed with me, I brought up the rules state "no
> names from popular literature" I am able to prove the Cadfael series was
> never popular. ;)
>
> Cadfael

I've gone to Kadfail. Not the same, but I'll live. The books should be
much more popular than they are, though. Too English mystery for some, I
guess. Either that, or they make people think too much (that's my guess).

Celaeno

Jul 25, 2001, 6:53:31 PM7/25/01
You will not evade me, "Magpie13" <magpie1...@pacbell.net>:

>It's all those drive-by heals and buffs you give out. Remember:
>
>No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
>
>See you in the trenches!
>
>Drywit

Remember when you told everyone I could port to Permafrost?
When they were still discussing if there WAS a port there 10 minutes
later, Zavijah told the zone to ask you about it... >:)

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal druid of Erollisi Marr

Cam

Jul 26, 2001, 2:26:21 PM7/26/01
Ive never heard of those books, sounds interesting though.

"Graefaxe" <GoAwayIdo...@SPAMMENOT.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nee

Jul 27, 2001, 8:03:29 AM7/27/01

Cam wrote in message <3b6061fb$0$18894$1dc6...@news.corecomm.net>...
How popular does that have to be? I think I remember Cadfael being a fairly
popular TV series here in Blighty, not my cup o tea though. But still
'Popular' :)

Jeremy Music

Jul 27, 2001, 11:00:27 AM7/27/01

My guild camped Ragefire for several clerics in a row recently. On the
second cleric's turn, started when the servers came up from a patch, we took
out Nagafen, kept FGs clear, and the servers came down for an emergency
patch. Then we took out Nagafen, kept FGs clear, and the zone crashed.
Then we took out Nagafen, kept FGs clear, and Rodcet Nife, specifically, was
brought down for maintenance. Then we took out Nagafen, kept FGs clear, and
the zone crashed. Then we took out Nagafen, kept FGs clear, and _finally_
got Ragefire. In all nearly a week's worth of time spent trying to get
Ragefire with someone in the lair or clearing it 24/7.

Oh yeah, then we took out Nagafen after the next patch to do the next
cleric's Ragefire camp, cleared FGs, and the zone crashed. Took out
Nagafen, cleared FGs, and the servers were brought down for an emergency
patch. Not quite as bad, but still ridiculous.

(Getting hard to take Nagafen, thank goodness for twinks)
re...@lords.com