starting locations

Dapumkins

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
How can I start in a different place after I die?? I've heard the only way
is to get my starting point changed by a wizard or something. I think
that's retarded. No wonder all I ever see is barbarians in everfrost.

Shane Bole

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
only a true spellcaster can bind you elsewhere...

Dapumkins <pum...@mt.net> wrote in message

Angmar

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
You can be bound by a shaman of 14th level or above if it's the everfrost
area you are trying to be bound to. Or any wizard, enchanter, magician,
necro of 12 or more. Also druids and clerics at 14th I believe.... do a /who
shaman and if nothing pops up a /who wizard etc. until you see someone able
to bind, should be very easy by now as there are a LOT of people above 12
and 14 now.

Shane Bole <shan...@home.com> wrote in message

Sivart Llewhtarg

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
you think thats "retarded"? nice to have the old eq-game playing spirit going
on

Daniel Thomas

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
Thus making it new and interesting when you finally get to a new land or a
new race visits yours.

----------
In article <azVQ2.80$E66....@news2.randori.com>, "Dapumkins"

DuskRunner

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
Dapumkins wrote:

> How can I start in a different place after I die?? I've heard the
> only way
> is to get my starting point changed by a wizard or something. I think
> that's retarded. No wonder all I ever see is barbarians in everfrost.

When you first start the character, the game places you in a safe location,
usually near your guildhouse for your class. After the first time you die,
it places you near there, though perhaps in a not-as-safe place. For
instance, human rangers start in Surefall Glade right outside the guild
cabin, but once they die, they start outside in Qeynos Hills a bit aways.

The reason you see a lot of barbarians in Everfrost is because it's the
barbarian homeland.

DuskRunner
--
Jeffryn of Surefall -- Xegony