Plane of Air Necro Summoning Trick?

jaZZmanian Devil

Sep 13, 2002, 10:52:35 AM9/13/02
Looks like our guild will soon be taking it's first tentative steps into
the Plane of Sky. I've been gathering all the raid information I can on
mobs, tactics, keys, etc. (We're only thinking of trying the first
three... possibly four, the first time, with four groups of lvl 50 to 60
folks.)

However, several sources point out the fact that you may not get enough
keys in one go on some islands for everyone to move to the next. Then
they mention that you may have to do the "necro summoning trick" to move
up without waiting hours for respawns for more keys. But nobody seems to
mention just how this is done!

Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others move up and the
necro somehow can summon you? Makes no sense to my few brain cells.
Anyone recall how this frustrating lack-of-keys thing is handled?

(Note: I've only been to island one and the quest hall, myself.)
--
"Would you care for a sammich?"

John M Clancy

Sep 13, 2002, 11:25:30 AM9/13/02

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Looks like our guild will soon be taking it's first tentative steps into
> the Plane of Sky. I've been gathering all the raid information I can on
> mobs, tactics, keys, etc. (We're only thinking of trying the first
> three... possibly four, the first time, with four groups of lvl 50 to 60
> folks.)
>
> However, several sources point out the fact that you may not get enough
> keys in one go on some islands for everyone to move to the next. Then
> they mention that you may have to do the "necro summoning trick" to move
> up without waiting hours for respawns for more keys. But nobody seems to
> mention just how this is done!
>
> Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others move up and the
> necro somehow can summon you? Makes no sense to my few brain cells.
> Anyone recall how this frustrating lack-of-keys thing is handled?

I assume you get the Necro and Cleric keys. They go up a few islands.
People on island one duel or die and the necro summons the bodies
up and the Cleric rezzes them.

--
Go here and click every day:
http://www.thehungersite.com

Amber Stults

Sep 13, 2002, 11:24:45 AM9/13/02
I'm hoping to go there on Saturday. I will get the full details for you,
but it seems to be dueling, buying a coffin from a vendor on one of the
islands, having your corpse summoned to the next island, and then getting a
Rez.

jaZZmanian Devil

Sep 13, 2002, 11:53:45 AM9/13/02
John M Clancy wrote:

> > Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others move up and the
> > necro somehow can summon you? Makes no sense to my few brain cells.
> > Anyone recall how this frustrating lack-of-keys thing is handled?
>
> I assume you get the Necro and Cleric keys. They go up a few islands.
> People on island one duel or die and the necro summons the bodies
> up and the Cleric rezzes them.

Call me foolish, or what have you, but doesn't the necro have to be with
the deceased person (alive version) and able to target them in order to
summon them? Or does the necro target them first, go to next island and
summon the corpse? Wondering if that corpse summon works from a distance
like that?

Wanbiky Mobmezzer

Sep 13, 2002, 12:05:45 PM9/13/02

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

well, i never thought id contribute anything usefull to this group but here
goes, ou get a paladin, or cleric to stay on the isle where there wasnt
enough keys , now this pally or cler can have a key to go up afterwards or
do like my guild and keep him there just to have when we raid there next
then, that pally or cleric groups with a summoning necro, and the person
without a key, they keyless person /duels someone dies, pallie rezzes him
back into POA then ncro summons, then another cleric rezzes him back to
the corps in the island that everyone else is,

note: take the people with the keys a few islands before doing this or it
can get very expensive ;)

Wanbiky Mobmezzer

Sep 13, 2002, 12:06:24 PM9/13/02
BTW sorry for no punctuation or anything in last post im tired, no coffee
yet, and hungry lol

Jim Monk

Sep 13, 2002, 12:10:54 PM9/13/02

Grr for some reason I seem to be unable to quote.
However cant you do a trick with a group leader left behind adding
members to a group with the necro and the cleric ?
Then the necro F4ing to target the new member ?

Jim

georg

Sep 13, 2002, 12:15:20 PM9/13/02
jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

They have to be grouped with the necro. That's the important thing. With
/makeleader, I can see how this can work like CotH folks.

And now, I'm really happy I gots my clicky robe.

-georg
(For the unaware, the Velious quested robes have right click Conjure Corpse,
which uses stackable coffins to summon bodies)

Dream King

Sep 13, 2002, 12:21:07 PM9/13/02

May want to watch out if you're dueling. You can get aggro from nasty
places. The best thing to do is die to Sirran. That way you'll have more
than 10 minutes to res plus you wont get things like a train of all the
genies from the quest room. Although it's kinda funny seeing them all
come up and whack the people dueling.

Richard

Sep 13, 2002, 12:35:06 PM9/13/02
We did this not too long ago to get to 7th isle for mage crowns.

You need a cleric/pally/necro and a necro/sk on the 7th island, or whatever
destination island.

You need to get grouped with the necro/sk. Several ways to do this. One,
have a wizard on destination island that is grouped with the necro/sk,
wizard jumps off, ports up to first island, invites people who need to be
moved. Two, necro/sk dies on 7th island, gets ported up to first island,
invites someone, makes that someone leader, gets rezzed by
cleric/pally/necro back to destination island. Probably other variations
possible.

Get yourself killed where you are, duel can be a bad idea, I hear it agros
all sorts of fun stuff. We did it by attacking one of the npcs on the first
island. Necro/SK summons corpse, cleric/pally/necro rezzes. Remove from
group, lather, rinse, repeat, until everyone is there. Camp out
cleric/pally/necro and Necro/sk so bridge will remain intact if you want it
for future use. You can camp just the rezzer, as, if the necro/sk dies, the
rezzer can rez him back to be camped at the end of the raid.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Luminary of 55 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

Richard

Sep 13, 2002, 12:36:28 PM9/13/02
"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

It's all the same zone, so long as the necro/sk is grouped with the person,
and that person is in the same zone, he can be targetted, and corpse
summoned. Yes, the corpse summon works at any distance within the same
zone.

Richard

Sep 13, 2002, 12:38:45 PM9/13/02
"Wanbiky Mobmezzer" <Wan...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Yep, I left out the first rez step in my description earlier to get the
person back to PoA without having to port them up again.

Dan Harmon

Sep 13, 2002, 12:50:31 PM9/13/02

> Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others move up and the

> necro somehow can summon you? Makes no sense to my few brain cells.
> Anyone recall how this frustrating lack-of-keys thing is handled?

One cleric & necro have to have keys.

Isle 1: Rezzer A (cleric/pal) (group leader, with Summoner in his group)
Isle Whatever: Rezzer B, A Summoner (necro/sk)

On isle 1:
duel far away from the NPCs (important to avoid an xp loss)
Die.
Rezzer A revives.

On Isle Whatever:
Summoner summons
Rezzer B re-rezzes

Keep in mind you have ONLY 10 MINUTES to revive duels both times.

Wolfie

Sep 13, 2002, 12:54:20 PM9/13/02

"jaZZmanian Devil" wrote

> Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others
> move up and the necro somehow can summon you?

Only 24 people can get keys, and only then as long as no
one is stupid and despawns the key mob. (We had one PoA
newbie despawn the key mob after two keys once...)

For raids bigger than 24, you leave the group leader on
the island where you just got keys, necro and rest of raid
goes to next island's safe spot, everyone else attacks the
key mob (Sirran?) and dies, wizard ports them back in,
group leader invites them back into group, necro targets
as in CotH, summons corpse, cleric rezzes.

It's CotH with coffins and corpses, in general. The only
problem is making the corpses and getting people back into
the zone to have their corpse summoned. Dying is pretty
easy, of course, and getting people back into the zone isn't
an issue as long as you're willing to spend the money for
the ports. Just keep everyone bound in the same zone, usually
Nexus or Nek.

One player in my guild has a 46 cleric and his necro camped
on the 7th island. Both sign in, necro DoTs himself, dies,
appears at his bind spot in Nek, gets ported up to PoA with
a raid, group leader stays on island one, his cleric rezzes
the necro back to the 7th island, everyone in raid commits
suicide on the key mobs, gets ported back, gets invited to
group, necro summons to 7th island, and clerics rez. Instant
7th island raid without ever getting a key and it costs just
two ports. That's a lot easier and faster than fighting all
the way through when your guild wants a few mage epics and
it's relatively painless, especially when the summon is
coffinless and manaless...

Tim Smith

Sep 13, 2002, 1:21:55 PM9/13/02
In article <3D820A09...@stny.rr.com>, jaZZmanian Devil wrote:
> Call me foolish, or what have you, but doesn't the necro have to be with
> the deceased person (alive version) and able to target them in order to
> summon them? Or does the necro target them first, go to next island and

You can target group members by clicking on their names in the group box or
hitting the appropriate F key, so that could be one way to do it.

You can also get a target by /assist on someone who has that target.
Combine that with the group thing, or someone with tracking, or (I've heard,
but don't know the details) some trick with Eye of Zomm, and the Necro
should be able to target everyone.

--Tim Smith

Sean Kennedy

Sep 13, 2002, 1:45:36 PM9/13/02
jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in

It's the work around for the fact that CoTH is disabled there. Bring
many coffins.

You need to advance a cleric and a necro to the next island. The necro
needs to be grouped with someone left behind (as an inviter). The folks
without keys duel/die, the necro summons their corpse, the cleric rez's
them. The cleric can be replaced by a pally.

Some guilds have cleric/necro perma camped on Isle 7 and charge a pretty
penny to bridge guilds up to go after crowns for the mage epic.

Tim Smith

Sep 13, 2002, 2:14:23 PM9/13/02
In article <0Log9.236435$Rx4.2...@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, Wolfie wrote:
> It's CotH with coffins and corpses, in general. The only

I'm curious why this isn't considered an exploit. After all, it is
bypassing content (getting keys for everyone), and the fact that Verant
disabled CotH in the zone shows that they don't want this content to be
bypassed.

--Tim Smith

Dream King

Sep 13, 2002, 2:51:45 PM9/13/02
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

Well considering the vendor on the first island sells coffins...

People have been doing it ever since CoH was disabled. And probably
before that when they nerfed levi. Tjey've had more than enough time to
consider it an exploit or not. Most people usually don't use it to
bypass content since they necrovac to the next island.

James Grahame

Sep 13, 2002, 2:55:21 PM9/13/02

"georg" <theg...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > John M Clancy wrote:
> >
> > > I assume you get the Necro and Cleric keys. They go up a few islands.
> > > People on island one duel or die and the necro summons the bodies
> > > up and the Cleric rezzes them.

Yup, you got it.

> > Call me foolish, or what have you, but doesn't the necro have to be with
> > the deceased person (alive version) and able to target them in order to
> > summon them?

Yes. So as long as they're grouped, and in the same zone, this can
happen. Proximity is not an issue. We do this in The Deep all the time -
person dies at zone-in, comes back, is invited to the necromancer's group by
someone at zone-in, corpse is summoned to raid, person is ressed to raid.

> They have to be grouped with the necro. That's the important thing. With
> /makeleader, I can see how this can work like CotH folks.

Except that it's long, and tedious, and expensive (one stackable coffin
and one peridot per person, vs. one pearl and maybe one peridot).

> And now, I'm really happy I gots my clicky robe.

Congrats!! Skyshrine, PoG or Thurg?

James

Wolfie

Sep 13, 2002, 2:56:31 PM9/13/02

"Tim Smith" wrote

> Wolfie wrote:
> > It's CotH with coffins and corpses, in general.
>

> I'm curious why this isn't considered an exploit. After all, it is
> bypassing content (getting keys for everyone), and the fact that Verant
> disabled CotH in the zone shows that they don't want this content to be
> bypassed.

It's not an exploit; it's just unintended consequences.

An exploit is something that takes advantage of a flaw
in the game and/or zone. A pathing bug, for instance,
that allows you to kill a mob without any risk because
it can't attack you would be an exploit. Moving someone
through a wall or a /camp trick, like the way some people
moved across Siren's Grotto, would be an exploit.

This is just using the spells in an unintended manner.
It's like Feign Death: the designers didn't foresee the
way it'd be used to split mobs when pulling. Using it to
do so isn't an exploit; it's tactics. Same thing here...

If they wanted to make people go through the content, they
could do so fairly simply. All they'd have to do is boot
anyone off an island if they didn't have a key...

Prydan2k

Sep 13, 2002, 3:02:42 PM9/13/02
Has anyone tried the mage spell Call of Hero to summon their party members
to them?

Danny

P.S.: What if the cleric wins the duel vs the necro =P

[51 Wanderer] Jbrone Lowrider <Lords of the Triple Moons>
[51 Vicar] Jbroni Lowrider <Lords of the Triple Moons>
[51 Disciple] Guyko <Lords of the Triple Moons>

Proud Officer and Webmaster (www.lotm.net)

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

Dream King

Sep 13, 2002, 4:08:36 PM9/13/02
"Prydan2k" <Pryda...@hotspam.com> wrote:

>Has anyone tried the mage spell Call of Hero to summon their party members
>to them?
>
>Danny
>
>P.S.: What if the cleric wins the duel vs the necro =P

CoH is diabled in PoA.

Hippie Ramone

Sep 13, 2002, 3:50:04 PM9/13/02
jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:

Try tracking down Adawen's Guide to Sky on the Amicus guild homepage.
heh, don't recall the address at the moment.

Sean Kennedy

Sep 13, 2002, 5:08:54 PM9/13/02

Davian

Sep 13, 2002, 4:32:57 PM9/13/02

> Is this some trick where you duel and consent and others move up and the

> necro somehow can summon you? Makes no sense to my few brain cells.
> Anyone recall how this frustrating lack-of-keys thing is handled?

Call of the Dead Hero.

Kill the player (Don't duel on the first island, most others its ok)

Summon corpse to next island.

Rez corpse.

Loot.

Rebuff.

Yes, this is extremely time consuming, very aggrivating, and (considering
the 80 - 170 pp cost of each coffin) very very expensive.

--
Dearic <Arbiters>

Dwarven Warlord on E'ci

Dan Harmon

Sep 13, 2002, 5:37:55 PM9/13/02

"Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

And if anyone wants to bitch about that, just thank the gods they didn't
disable corpse summoning for the same reasons.

Tim Smith

Sep 13, 2002, 8:09:54 PM9/13/02
In article <TUsg9.621184$2p2.25...@bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>, Dan

Harmon wrote:
> And if anyone wants to bitch about that, just thank the gods they didn't
> disable corpse summoning for the same reasons.

I wonder if they can disable corpse summoning via the spell, without also
disabling it via the /corpse command? Disabling /corpse would be pretty
harsh.

--Tim Smith

georg

Sep 14, 2002, 8:00:31 AM9/14/02
James Grahame <jamesg...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> "georg" <theg...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
> > And now, I'm really happy I gots my clicky robe.
>
> Congrats!! Skyshrine, PoG or Thurg?

Thurg. Jak's guild MQed it for me, since I'm always going on their raids
anyways. =).

-georg

John Muir

Sep 14, 2002, 9:38:04 AM9/14/02
On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:09:54 -0000, Tim Smith
<reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

>> And if anyone wants to bitch about that, just thank the gods they didn't
>> disable corpse summoning for the same reasons.
>
>I wonder if they can disable corpse summoning via the spell, without also
>disabling it via the /corpse command? Disabling /corpse would be pretty
>harsh.

It's not the same mechanic. Certain zones you can only use the spell
to summon corpses to a specific location while the /corpse command
works everywhere.

No technical reason they couldn't stop the spell working in Air
though, the fact that you can vendor coffins in zone tends to suggest
they're quite happy with the status quo.

--
[60 Warder] Schadenfreude (Human) <United Kingdoms>
Bristlebane server