Been to the lake

SuperSizeMe

May 8, 2001, 10:55:20 AM5/8/01
and seen the light and it isn't in the Lake of Ill Omen. My little pearl
for darkies in their late teens early 20's is the OT. I can't understand
why everyone thinks the LOIO is the place to be if you are a dark race and
want to fight in Kunark at this level.

Right near the outpost is a stretch of land going east all the way to the
sarnak fort that is full of sabretooths, rhinos, cockatrice, sarnaks,
succulants just ripe for the pickins.

1) Bound in outpost, so a CR is a mere 10-30 sec run. CR to LOIO is a
terror filled event.
2) bank in outpost
3) merchants in outpost
4) guards at outpost who will help with overpulls, or trains
5) Rhinos drop horns at times that sell for 2.5pp. I usually can get 4 or
so before I return to sell
6) no add ons... I repeat... nothing will aggro you there except maybe
sarnaks and I never had that happen. I've had tigers and cockatrice
literally run me over while I was fighting one of their brethren and they
kept on walking.
7) Zone is half as full as LOIO and most of those are ledgers lvl 30 and
above on the other side of the zone.
8) That area is always empty... rarely do I see another player fighting
there.
9) Can usually find a few people in zone who will group (although not as
easy as LOIO), but I'm at the level where I'm soloing here now anyway.
10) can sit and med wherever w/out looking over your shoulder. One time I
was at 1 bub health and saw a rhino. Ran near him, bandaged and sat. He
took off, I followed a bit, sat some more. Did this almost all the way
across the plains, before I had enough health to take him down. Can't say
that for the lake.

BTW: If you play on Drinal, then this area is a bad place to hunt... Bad,
bad, bad I tell you. You should go to the LOIO, much better hunting grounds
;-)

Javan

May 8, 2001, 11:00:52 AM5/8/01
One of the main reasons for the Lake being so popular is that it is
considered a newbie zone, so creatures have a modifier to xp. So if I kill
9 level 20 creatures in LOIO you'd need to kill 10 level 20 creatures in OT
to get the same xp. Also the Sarnak fort is a nice steady supply of mobs to
kill, with predictable behavior.

I'm not say either is better, but thats why (in my opinion) more people hunt
the lake.

(also, the dragoons scare away the light folks)

"SuperSizeMe" <ne...@avaya.com> wrote in message

SuperSizeMe

May 8, 2001, 11:26:02 AM5/8/01
Yeah, I like the fort... fun place to group and neat to look at, but I'll
gladly kill one more mob in OT.

J. Manz a.k.a. Naduah

May 8, 2001, 11:29:24 AM5/8/01
When I was level 18 I went to Kunark. Got a bind in OT and loved it. Made
a killing in plat. The Coctrice drop the beak, over a pp for each one, and
most of the time they drop about a pp too. Sarnak drop coin, rings, and
random stuff, but hey its cash. The DE merchant that is in the building
across from the bank gives better prices than the clockwork ones, from my
experience. Now that I've made 40 its time to move on to see some more of
the world, but I made a ton of cash in the Overthere.

Naduah

Richard

May 8, 2001, 12:22:18 PM5/8/01
"SuperSizeMe" wrote:

> and seen the light and it isn't in the Lake of Ill Omen. My
> little pearl for darkies in their late teens early 20's is the
> OT. I can't understand why everyone thinks the LOIO is
> the place to be if you are a dark race and want to fight in
> Kunark at this level.

Actually, I had heard that LoIO was the place for *good* races to hunt in
Kunark. Merchant at the Windmill, can bind and bank at FV (if you don't
mind the scary run through the drachnids), and a variety of monsters for
late teens / early twenties.

I've hunted in the OT and managed to lose all the XP I gained to the *&%^
Dragoons. When I turn 50 there's gonna be some payback. :)

> BTW: If you play on Drinal, then this area is a bad place to hunt

I'm a Drinalite, too. What's your char name?

-Richard

Monual - 30 Cleric on Drinal
Sterman - 13 Wizard on Drinal

Dan E.

May 8, 2001, 1:25:44 PM5/8/01
On Tue, 08 May 2001 14:55:20 GMT, "SuperSizeMe" <ne...@avaya.com>
wrote:

>and seen the light and it isn't in the Lake of Ill Omen. My little pearl
>for darkies in their late teens early 20's is the OT. I can't understand
>why everyone thinks the LOIO is the place to be if you are a dark race and
>want to fight in Kunark at this level.

Oh sure, tell everyone.

Now the place will be full of tourists. :(

Dan E.

"I wanted to play MouseTrap. You roll your dice, move your mice and
no one gets hurt." - Bob

Ladyfae

May 8, 2001, 1:28:22 PM5/8/01
Ok I have been to OT and LOIO both are great zones for exp and pp, but I
have one big, huge, did I mention BIG problem while in Kunark. VIDEO LAG.
Can anyone give me advice as to how to get better perfomance out of my vid
card?
Specs:
Voodoo 2
128mb RAM
AMD 400

I have my clip plane all the way up, and I can't remember what other
settings are important right now, sorry not a techie (

Thanks for the help in advance,
Feya

Feyaluara Oceanfae
Magician of 25 Orbs
Sun Tzu Council
The Nameless

Simond

May 8, 2001, 1:46:08 PM5/8/01

Javan <math...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> One of the main reasons for the Lake being so popular is that it is
> considered a newbie zone, so creatures have a modifier to xp

<snip>

Didn't that get nerfed a patch or two ago?

--
Simond
AKA

SuperSizeMe

May 8, 2001, 2:17:09 PM5/8/01
There is video lag in some zones in Kunark... WW comes to mind due to the
animation of the trees, and some people are protesting Verant by not going
to those zones. I personally haven't had trouble in any Kunark zones other
than WW.

As for things you can try:
more RAM
change resolution
Don't play in fullscreen mode

Is the lag so bad it is unplayable?

GP

May 8, 2001, 2:23:23 PM5/8/01
try Warsliks.... the trees are frame rate death

loved the zone, but couldnt stay :(

only think I can say is try turning off 3D Sky.... I was in WW when I did
and I havent turned it back on yet, seems to have helped everywhere else I
go

-Garysau
30 DE SK
CT OOO

"Ladyfae" <lad...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

Dark Tyger

May 8, 2001, 2:23:10 PM5/8/01
"SuperSizeMe" <ne...@avaya.com> wrote:

>There is video lag in some zones in Kunark... WW comes to mind due to the
>animation of the trees, and some people are protesting Verant by not going
>to those zones. I personally haven't had trouble in any Kunark zones other
>than WW.
>
>As for things you can try:
>more RAM
>change resolution
>Don't play in fullscreen mode

Fullscreen mode makes no difference. I haven't noticed any noteworthy
difference with resolutions. Best suggestion I'd have would be to
upgrade the video card. Even just going from VooDoo2 to 3 made a
noticeable difference for me. ( I can get more than 1 fps in Burning
Woods now with clip all the way down. ;-p )

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Change "mindspring.com" to "knology.net" to email

The night is my companion...solitude my guide.

SuperSizeMe

May 8, 2001, 2:26:49 PM5/8/01

The goons bother the people on the ledge endlessly. Always hearing shouts
about them coming through. I can imagine what a pain in the a** they are.

I play a troll SK named Bagbkabau D'vine of 22 something or others

Flex Mentallo

May 8, 2001, 4:53:58 PM5/8/01
ne...@avaya.com (SuperSizeMe) wrote in
<sNTJ6.202183$o9.28...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>:

>4) guards at outpost who will help with overpulls, or trains

Hm. I've been in the Overthere for a bit with a teens group of DE's (where
we *never* overpulled--it's virtually impossible for a group of four 18's).
Over the weekend, I decided to solo a bit with my 18 Enchanter DE. I tried
charmed pets, and, as usual, got my own personal train out of it.

I decided that my mana was too low for comfort, and ran for it. "Help, Mr
Cliff Golem!" Nothing. I'm pretty sure that I was in the Iron Guardian's
aggro range, too. So I frantically memblurred (interrupt... interrupt...
yay!), and managed to live. So I dunno: the guards might help with Sarnaks
or rhinos (I have seen dragoons whomping on rhinos), but against
succulents, tigers, or cockatrices, they seem not to care much.

(I also love the fact that the family language filter makes them little
chickens into "mrglatrices"...)

--
Flex Mentallo
Man of Muscle Mystery

Dan Day

May 8, 2001, 5:47:51 PM5/8/01
On Tue, 08 May 2001 17:40:58 GMT, Avenger <news1r...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

>I would like to be there to see the look on his face when he zones into
>Skyfire.

And why would he do that? Admit it, you just looked at a map of
OT and made a stupid, senseless comment about something you saw on the
map but of which have no real understanding.

You have, yet again, revealed that you don't actually play
the game, you just pretend to. Or at the very least are a newbie
and are pretending more knowledge than you actually have.

But then we knew that already.

Elliot Williams

May 8, 2001, 9:05:00 PM5/8/01

"Ladyfae" <lad...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

You say you have your clipping plane way up, shouldn't it be way down?
It reduces your visibility of course, but should put less strain on
your video card.

Dave Cheeseman

May 9, 2001, 4:40:11 AM5/9/01
I am relieved to hear I am not alone in this! Firiona Vie is the worst for
me.

Jim Monk

May 9, 2001, 7:48:08 AM5/9/01

SuperSizeMe wrote:

> I play a troll SK named Bagbkabau D'vine of 22 something or others
>
> Richard wrote in message <9d96f...@news2.newsguy.com>...

> >Monual - 30 Cleric on Drinal
> >Sterman - 13 Wizard on Drinal

Yay go Drinal
Anson 24 Cleric
Kendred 14 Warrior
Laffiette 9 Druid

Jim Monk

Celaeno

May 9, 2001, 9:21:56 AM5/9/01
You will not evade me, "Richard" <ste...@qwest.net>:

>I've hunted in the OT and managed to lose all the XP I gained to the *&%^
>Dragoons. When I turn 50 there's gonna be some payback. :)

50? The general can easily make level 55 characters run for the zone
with a sliver of life.
However, if you get high enough and can get a good group... I'd love
to go after the rest of them myself >:)

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal druid of Erollisi Marr

Boat

May 9, 2001, 3:41:29 PM5/9/01
Golems always helped me, no matter what mob i was fighting there.. ; )

Boat! : )

Anne Michelle Forbes

May 9, 2001, 4:38:21 PM5/9/01
Celaeno wrote:

> You will not evade me, "Richard" <ste...@qwest.net>:
>
> >I've hunted in the OT and managed to lose all the XP I gained to the *&%^
> >Dragoons. When I turn 50 there's gonna be some payback. :)
>
> 50? The general can easily make level 55 characters run for the zone
> with a sliver of life.
> However, if you get high enough and can get a good group... I'd love
> to go after the rest of them myself >:)

Hee hee, finally got revenge on the General and his pals last week
when we were pulling an Epic quest mob from Overthere for two
magicians. The whole zone was cheering at us when we got done
spanking the inky bastards. ;)

--Kohpry Mossarrow, 55th Season Outrider
--Aquilo Phoenix, Povar
--Tentanda Via!

RantBait

May 9, 2001, 4:37:14 PM5/9/01
There is no exp modifier in Lake of Ill Omen. If you read the patch
message that talked about the new exp modifiers it says that zone like
lake are too crowded therefore dungeons will have exp mods so that more
people will use them instead of place like the lake and oasis.

Faalkin

In article <sNTJ6.202183$o9.28...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>,
ne...@avaya.com says...

TwoHead

May 9, 2001, 4:49:03 PM5/9/01
RantBait wrote:

> There is no exp modifier in Lake of Ill Omen. If you read the patch
> message that talked about the new exp modifiers it says that zone like
> lake are too crowded therefore dungeons will have exp mods so that more
> people will use them instead of place like the lake and oasis.

Doh! All zones have a modifier value and LoIO already has a very high
one. The message you saw was probably reflecting the fact that while
some under used dungeons were receiving a boost to their modifiers,
other zones with high populations would remain the same.

th

Dark Tyger

May 9, 2001, 10:15:05 PM5/9/01
RantBait <1@2.3> wrote:

>There is no exp modifier in Lake of Ill Omen. If you read the patch
>message that talked about the new exp modifiers it says that zone like
>lake are too crowded therefore dungeons will have exp mods so that more
>people will use them instead of place like the lake and oasis.

No, if you read the patch message, it said dungeons would have a
HIGHER xp modifier to encourage people to use them...

Anita Lauro

May 10, 2001, 12:20:50 AM5/10/01
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

> Doh! All zones have a modifier value and LoIO already has a very high
> one. The message you saw was probably reflecting the fact that while
> some under used dungeons were receiving a boost to their modifiers,
> other zones with high populations would remain the same.

Some time I'd like to see the source of this information. I personally don't
see a difference between levelling in LOIO or FoB or OT. With my Iksar monk
I can usually get 1/2 blue bubble of exp soloing blue mobs just about
anywhere. Yeah, that's not a whole lot of exp, but I've got that racial
penalty working against me. Whether it's Iksar recruits in LOIO or forest
giant evergreens in WW. It's exactly the same in both places. If one has an
advantage, it's got to be very slight (i.e. not noticeable). Today I nearly
finished level 31 killing giants in WW.. just as fast as I got through 29 in
LOIO.

But.. this one "fact" causes LOIO to be one of the most heinously
overcrowded zones in the game. On Lanys there are always more than 100
people in the zone in the evening. The most I saw was 126 and that was on a
weekday night! The people seem to be getting ruder and ruder as well..
including kiting bloodgill goblins right through where other people were
hunting. Nothing more distracting than wondering if you'll get killed by a
high red while you're just minding your own business.

Anyhow.. now that I've gotten through hell I think I'm FINALLY through with
LOIO. And, if I level another Iksar up I'll use the giant fort and brutes in
WW for exp. Much more enjoyable than LOIO. For sure! :-)

Anita

Elliot Williams

May 10, 2001, 11:20:43 AM5/10/01

"Anita Lauro" <NOadl...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

It was verified with showeq a long time ago. When calculating the exp
for a mob, the level is squared and multiplied by a zone constant. If
I recall correctly it was 100 for newbie zones, 80 for dungeons, and
75 for outdoor zones. As a result, a level 20 mob in LoIO is worth
40,000 exp, the same level mob in OT would be worth 30,000 exp.

Anita

May 10, 2001, 11:37:22 AM5/10/01
>===== Original Message From "Elliot Williams" <su...@look.ca> =====

>It was verified with showeq a long time ago. When calculating the exp
>for a mob, the level is squared and multiplied by a zone constant. If
>I recall correctly it was 100 for newbie zones, 80 for dungeons, and
>75 for outdoor zones. As a result, a level 20 mob in LoIO is worth
>40,000 exp, the same level mob in OT would be worth 30,000 exp.

Well, if this newbie zone thing is correct, then Field of Bone, Warsliks
Woods, Swamp of No Hope and LOIO all have the same exp modifier. They *all*
have newbie areas in them. I still think I got the same 1/2 blue bubble in
OT
that I did in LOIO.

How about Greater Faydark? Everfrost? Both have newbie zones. And, I always
seemed to get WAY more exp in Crushbone than in GFay. From what you're
saying,
you'd get more exp in GFay.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter - LOIO is so over-camped
that
I'd say that the exp comes out the same in the end.

Anita

TwoHead

May 10, 2001, 12:43:59 PM5/10/01

Actually all three of the Kunark zones you mention have very nice
modifiers. I don't remember the numbers because they really don't
matter to me, but they were parsed with
ShowMeEQI'mTiredAndIWantToGoToBed or some other such tools. The reason
LoIO gets more than the other two has a lot to do with location. Its
very near to both Cabilis and FV so lots of folks have access to it and
just like SK or Oasis, there seem to be a lot of folks who want to go
where there are a lot of folks. When I play the lizards I sort of like
Warsliks since its an underused zone for the most part, between the
location and the moving trees that keep a lot of folks out a good combo
can tear up camps all day there.

th

Anita

May 10, 2001, 12:50:41 PM5/10/01
>===== Original Message From bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> =====

>I leveled my Iksar in LOIO, and in several days of hunting I seldom,
>if ever, saw any other players, not until I hit about ten and started
>wandering further out into the zone. Newbies don't camp. Only a very
>small part of this zone is a newbie zone I doubt that they'd have any
>kind of exp modifier for this area, since most people there aren't
>newbies... where did you see info saying there <is> one? It's not on
>their list of modifiers for underused zones, for obvious reasons.

The newbie area is definitely under-utilized in LOIO. I went there to get a
sabertooth cat canine, and that's about it until level 22 or so.

But, the mid-20's areas are WAY camped. I did okay at the goblin mines for a
while, until it started being the popular PL area. I did level 30 at the
lake
due east of the FM zone. I had to buy SoW potions in order to be able to get
mobs. I'd sometimes be competing with 3 other groups there.

And, then there were the two level 39 bards kiting multiple bloodgills. That
was the icing on the cake for me. While I had never even seen a bloodgill up
until that point, these 2 idiots were kiting *in* the same area where high
20's were fighting. Literally running in circles around me. Sometimes
picking
up a skeleton which would later get trained on someone. When I asked the
first
to stop, he ignored me. When someone shouted about getting trained by a
bloodgill, the 2nd basically said "tough." The first two people to go on my
"no favors, no ports, no rezzes for life list." :-)

Anyhow.. I wasn't the one saying that there WAS more exp in LOIO, I was the
skeptic. I made another post with my findings. :-)

Anita

May 10, 2001, 1:02:06 PM5/10/01
>===== Original Message From Subtract_the_Twos =====

>Actually all three of the Kunark zones you mention have very nice
>modifiers. I don't remember the numbers because they really don't
>matter to me, but they were parsed with
>ShowMeEQI'mTiredAndIWantToGoToBed or some other such tools.

No, actually they don't! :-) See my other post for the link. I think what
probably happened is Verant bumped up the exp so they'd get more people to
come to Kunark. Now that Kunark is nicely populated, I think they adjusted
it
back down (LOIO at least).

Warsliks is an excellent zone. It made me feel sick when I first went there
(those d*mn trees), but I'm used to it now. The giant fort is great exp and
I'd definitely recommend it over LOIO. Plus, for Iksar, the vendors for
selling loot are much closer.

Celaeno

May 10, 2001, 7:06:18 PM5/10/01
You will not evade me, Anne Michelle Forbes <coppe...@quest.net>:

>Hee hee, finally got revenge on the General and his pals last week
>when we were pulling an Epic quest mob from Overthere for two
>magicians. The whole zone was cheering at us when we got done
>spanking the inky bastards. ;)

Even though it wasn't on my server: YAY! :)

Jeremy Music

May 11, 2001, 11:19:06 AM5/11/01
Anita Lauro <NOadl...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message
>
>> Doh! All zones have a modifier value and LoIO already has a very high
>> one. The message you saw was probably reflecting the fact that while
>> some under used dungeons were receiving a boost to their modifiers,
>> other zones with high populations would remain the same.
>
>Some time I'd like to see the source of this information. I personally don't
>see a difference between levelling in LOIO or FoB or OT.

Well of course you don't see a difference between the lake and Field of
Bone. Duh, it's another newbie zone. I have no clue with regards to OT, as
I haven't hunted there a whole lot.

>Whether it's Iksar recruits in LOIO or forest
>giant evergreens in WW. It's exactly the same in both places.

Well duh, Warslik's Woods is another newbie zone. :)

re...@lords.com

Anita Lauro

May 11, 2001, 3:51:39 PM5/11/01
"Jeremy Music" <re...@darkstar.qx.net> wrote in message

> Well of course you don't see a difference between the lake and Field of
> Bone. Duh, it's another newbie zone. I have no clue with regards to OT,
as
> I haven't hunted there a whole lot.

The Overthere doesn't have a newbie zone.

And, Lake of Ill Omen doesn't have any zone experience modifier per the
following link:

http://eqzem.cjb.net/

So, newbie zones have nothing to do with it.

Anita

Elliot Williams

May 11, 2001, 8:04:59 PM5/11/01

"Anita" <Jor...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message

The problem is you aren't operating in a vacuum when you compare exp
from one zone to the next. When in CB, you probably have a steadier
stream of mobs to kill than you would have in Gfay. So of course you
would gain exp faster. As well, mobs in CB, even if they share names
with those in Gfay, are often higher level, and therefore worth more
exp. The orc pawns aggro in Gfay, you have to kill them for less exp
even though they cause you more downtime. I found it much easier to
find singles inside Crushbone, in Gfay I seemed to always pull
multiples, which would cause more downtime or even death. However, if
you run an experiment, kill several even cons in Gfay and the same
number in Crushbone, you will get more exp for the Gfay kills.

It is not easy to tell by just killing a mob, if you watch the exp
bars they are not perfect at representing exp gains, I have seen a
quarter of a blue bubble for a kill and a half a blue bubble for a
kill of the same level. Perception is just not reliable enough. In OT
you may have a steadier stream of mobs, less competition for kills,
perhaps less over pulls, and the end result might well be that you
gain exp faster than you would in LoIO. That doesn't change the fact
that an equal level mob in a newbie zone is worth more than one in a
wilderness zone.

All the zones you mention above are newbie zones, and they all have
higher modifiers than any wilderness zone. They also used to be higher
than any dungeon zone, though that did change with the exp bonuses
added a few months back. Even so, most newbie zones are still higher
than most dungeons. Also, all newbie zones do not have the same
modifiers.

Here is a link to an older article about Exp in general, there is a
section on the Zone Experience Modifiers (the same ZEM mentioned in
the producer's letter when they upped it for several under used
zones): http://www.eqguide.com/articlesold/showeq.html

After all is said and done though, you are right, the modifiers are
not nearly as important as finding a good hunting ground. Oasis is one
of the most popular zones, it has no bonuses, just the 75 ZEM that
most outdoor zones have, but it has tons of easy to kill solo mobs.
Ditto Southern Karana, people hunt there because Aviaks are easy to
kill and don't aggro unless attacked.

Anita Lauro

May 12, 2001, 8:44:34 AM5/12/01

"Elliot Williams" <su...@look.ca> wrote in message

> All the zones you mention above are newbie zones, and they all have
> higher modifiers than any wilderness zone. They also used to be higher
> than any dungeon zone, though that did change with the exp bonuses
> added a few months back. Even so, most newbie zones are still higher
> than most dungeons. Also, all newbie zones do not have the same
> modifiers.

It looks like the newbie zone modifiers went away, perhaps with the
experience system changes back in January. After more digging, I found out
that the base ZEM used in ShowEQ is 75, and the numbers listed on the page
at http://eqzem.cjb.net/ are added to that 75 base. The "newbie" zones in
Freeport, GFay, and Nek Forest all are shown with a 0% bonus. Prior to being
nerfed, LOIO had a 33% bonus, resulting in a ZEM of 100. There were a few
posts on Hackersquest about the easy experience in LOIO being removed.

> However, if you run an experiment, kill several even cons in Gfay and the
> same number in Crushbone, you will get more exp for the Gfay kills.

This is incorrect. GFay has a 75 ZEM, and Crushbone 80 ZEM. But, frankly,
can we really see the difference that 6.66% makes in our levelling? I doubt
it. On the other hand, I think that getting 33% more experience in LOIO
would have been noticeable.

I'm not trying to be the great arguer of ZEM's and whatnot. But, it seems
like many things about EQ are stated as "fact" over and over again when they
are not. Or, the information is out-dated. Heck, this may have all been
changed in the last patch, and only those people running ShowEQ (not me)
would know about it.

Anita

Tim Smith

May 15, 2001, 3:48:37 PM5/15/01
On Sat, 12 May 2001 00:04:59 GMT, Elliot Williams <su...@look.ca> wrote:
>than most dungeons. Also, all newbie zones do not have the same
>modifiers.
>
>Here is a link to an older article about Exp in general, there is a
>section on the Zone Experience Modifiers (the same ZEM mentioned in
>the producer's letter when they upped it for several under used
>zones): http://www.eqguide.com/articlesold/showeq.html

That article has a lot of mistakes in it. It's OK up to the point where
the author says "This leads to a few direct conclusions" (except for
botching group XP bonus completely). After that point, the author goes
on to draw conclusions that directly contradict the information earlier
in the article!

--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

May 16, 2001, 2:09:50 AM5/16/01
On Tue, 08 May 2001 14:55:20 GMT, SuperSizeMe <ne...@avaya.com> wrote:
>1) Bound in outpost, so a CR is a mere 10-30 sec run. CR to LOIO is a
>terror filled event.

Yeah, running all the way from the next zone (FM) is a chore!

>2) bank in outpost
>3) merchants in outpost

Merchants with about the worst prices in the game. Remember, we are
evil, and Verant interprets that as "should be gratuitously screwed",
so our outpost in Kunark overcharges and underpays. Compare to the
outpost in FV, where the good people get reasonable prices.

>4) guards at outpost who will help with overpulls, or trains

Even better...the guards don't have their guard flag set, which means
they follow the normal mob rules for kill credit. If a guard jumps into
your fight, you still have a chance of getting XP for the kill!

--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

May 16, 2001, 2:16:26 AM5/16/01
On Tue, 08 May 2001 18:26:49 GMT, SuperSizeMe <ne...@avaya.com> wrote:
>The goons bother the people on the ledge endlessly. Always hearing shouts
>about them coming through. I can imagine what a pain in the a** they are.

That's cause those people are idiots who seem to have never heard of the
concept of having someone pull the mobs to a safe spot to fight.

--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

May 16, 2001, 2:13:43 AM5/16/01
On Tue, 08 May 2001 18:17:09 GMT, SuperSizeMe <ne...@avaya.com> wrote:
>There is video lag in some zones in Kunark... WW comes to mind due to the
>animation of the trees, and some people are protesting Verant by not going
>to those zones. I personally haven't had trouble in any Kunark zones other
>than WW.

The tree animation doesn't cause video lag. The video lag in those
zones is caused by the number of polygons, not how they move. Those
zones have many more trees than old world zones, and the trees have more
polygons.

--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

May 16, 2001, 2:21:23 AM5/16/01
On Wed, 09 May 2001 13:49:03 -0700, TwoHead <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote:
>Doh! All zones have a modifier value and LoIO already has a very high
>one. The message you saw was probably reflecting the fact that while
>some under used dungeons were receiving a boost to their modifiers,
>other zones with high populations would remain the same.

LoIO has a ZEM of 75. It used to be 100. I don't know which patch
lowered it.

--Tim Smith

Sandjumper Jones

May 16, 2001, 3:06:34 AM5/16/01
"Tim Smith" <t...@halcyon.com> wrote in message

BUT, if the trees weren't animated, they'd cause less lag. =)

--
Sandjumper Jones
54th Halfling Wanderer

John Burton