Is there some BIG PLOT in Everquest? I like to think so....

Merana

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
I am asking this question because of some other thread that went about
wandering npc's.
Indeed, there are a lot of wandering npc's and they seem to travel wide
distances and also talk a lot amongst
themselves. Quit often this intrigues me. I cant recall any of these
dialogues right now, but sometimes i hear things that seem to implicate more
than the the old "sigh, i wish someone would get rid of that rat in the
basement for me". Take for instance Sir Edwin Motte, who
you can see walking through the qeynos hills, but apparently also sometimes
is in freepor.
When i was near the docks in freeport, near that inn where you can hear the
mysterious music, i heard: "sir edwin motte begins casting a spell" or
something, so he was there allright. I couldnt find him. I always wondered
if there
is a secret dark guild near that inn? And take Qeynos: there are a couple of
quests there, involving corrupt guards i think, but i have never seen a
solution to them. The body that was disposed off by some guard? Kane Bayle?
Trumpy? So i like to think there is a big plot to
everquest, probably more than one, that noone yet knows, definately not the
level 40-50 guys, because they have been to busy killing, looting and
leveling. Its just so frustrating that a lot of quests seem broken, so the
motivation to realy get into some serious questing is lacking, i guess. But
im still having my hopes up high and think that every silly "messenger" type
quest is part of something bigger (i.e deliver this note to soandso). And as
long as im thinking this, Everquest is still more to me than mobs, more
mobs, and even more mobs(and the other players off course). On the other
hand, if those big plots become
known, what more is there to do in EQ? So i probably am wrong about this. So
probably best for me if noone answers to this thread. But i'm still
wondering what other people think about the big picture.

Greetings, fellow adventurers.

Grove, druid, who is planning to solve the mystery once he has both his
tracking skill and teleport spells. Boy, am i going to travel Norrath!

SJ@homedontspamme.com Paul J

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
This is very interesting. I was in Splitpaw killing Rin Rexx and the
SplitPaw guy, when I got the Ruby Pendant off of him, that drow popped up
and killed everything in sight. This guy had a pet and magical skin. After
he killed us he said "The Circle will be most pleased"

Merana <mm.u...@wxs.nl> wrote in message

Remus Shepherd

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Merana <mm.u...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> is a secret dark guild near that inn? And take Qeynos: there are a couple of
> quests there, involving corrupt guards i think, but i have never seen a
> solution to them. The body that was disposed off by some guard? Kane Bayle?
> Trumpy? So i like to think there is a big plot to
> everquest, probably more than one, that noone yet knows, definately not the
> level 40-50 guys, because they have been to busy killing, looting and
> leveling.

Heh, heh, heh...

After exploring the politics of Freeport, I've relocated to the Qeynos
area and have unraveled some sinister plans there. Yes, definitely, there
is something going on with Kane Bayle and Trumpy... :) Boy, I'd hate to
have Antonius's job.

The thing about all these subplots in Norrath, though, is they're all
static. Lucan will still be selling Freeport out to the Dark elves this
time next year. Unless, of course, Verant plans on actively evolving the
plotlines. Don't know where they'll find the time...

.... ...
Remus Shepherd (re...@netcom.com)

FireSong

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99

Paul J <Paul SJ@homeDONT SPAM ME.com> wrote in message

> This is very interesting. I was in Splitpaw killing Rin Rexx and the
> SplitPaw guy, when I got the Ruby Pendant off of him, that drow popped up
> and killed everything in sight. This guy had a pet and magical skin.
After
> he killed us he said "The Circle will be most pleased"

The Circle of Unseen Hands. There are several of their members concealed
around the world. Most of them are extremely dangerous. Visit Highpass and
go to the top floor and last door of the inn farthest east. If you are
anything but a DE or
Necromancer be prepared to run #)

Aaranrahl Blazethorn