NEW ZONE out!? Not that it matters - releasing zones one at a time could be a BAD idea!

Matrixgold

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99

This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
eqvault is a reliable site.

"New Zone
Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "

Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.

Now the question is, where is it and what levels is it for? I'm sure
this info will soon be up on one of the sites...

Matrixgold - 16th Level High Elf Wizard - Tarrew Marr (Currently in
Oasis)

Skip Sanders

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
I would tend to doubt the message strongly, unless your latest patching
downloaded some large files with a name related to that. 'New Zone' means
at least two, probably three, new files in your EQ directory, the zone data,
shape data, and sound data.
---------------------
Matrixgold <matri...@usa.net> wrote in message

Yon Lew

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Matrixgold <matri...@usa.net> wrote:

> This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
> within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
> eqvault is a reliable site.

> "New Zone
> Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
> wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
> zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "

> Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
> to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
> matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
> at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
> be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
> the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.

> Now the question is, where is it and what levels is it for? I'm sure
> this info will soon be up on one of the sites...

I was on last night when the announcement went out. As far as I can
remember (I was pretty tired) the new zone is for mid to high level
people, and it's supposed to have some pretty cool items in it.

If I wasn't hallucinating, I think the announcement also mentioned that
lower guk had been tweaked and that the items mobs carried had been
similarly tweaked. It did seem to me that armor was much, much easier to
find on the orcs at Highpass.

Glen K

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
On Thu, 20 May 1999 15:29:21 GMT, matri...@usa.net (Matrixgold)
wrote:

>This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
>within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
>eqvault is a reliable site.
>
>"New Zone
>Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
>wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
>zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "
>
>Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
>to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
>matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
>at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
>be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
>the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.
>
>Now the question is, where is it and what levels is it for? I'm sure
>this info will soon be up on one of the sites...
>

>Matrixgold - 16th Level High Elf Wizard - Tarrew Marr (Currently in
>Oasis)

I wouldn't worry about too many people in this zone. First off the
name is Nagafen's LAIR. And secondly when I went in there I was
greeted with a nice smack in the face from a Greater Kobold for 61
damage (I am level 22). Needless to say I zoned out immediately.

Joseph Davis

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
I was on at the time the system wide message occured and can confirm it.
Sure the zones will be crowded for awile but it will relieve the stress on a
couple of overcrowded areas at least for the short term. Hopefully before
the interest dies out new areas will be added before the race to the NEW
MOTHERLOAD becomes jaded.

Regards to all from

Ardagast 7th circle Wizard (Solusek Ro)

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Yon Lew wrote in message <4FW03.713$x11....@wormhole.dimensional.com>...

>Matrixgold <matri...@usa.net> wrote:
>
>> This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
>> within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
>> eqvault is a reliable site.
>
>> "New Zone
>> Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
>> wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
>> zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "
>
>> Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
>> to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
>> matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
>> at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
>> be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
>> the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.
>
>> Now the question is, where is it and what levels is it for? I'm sure
>> this info will soon be up on one of the sites...
>
>I was on last night when the announcement went out. As far as I can
>remember (I was pretty tired) the new zone is for mid to high level
>people, and it's supposed to have some pretty cool items in it.
>
>If I wasn't hallucinating, I think the announcement also mentioned that
>lower guk had been tweaked and that the items mobs carried had been
>similarly tweaked. It did seem to me that armor was much, much easier to
>find on the orcs at Highpass.

I was on last night also and heard the announcement. Anyone know where this
new zone is, and what they mean by "mid-level" players?

Kevy D

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Could you tell us where is it?????

On Thu, 20 May 1999 17:32:25 GMT, not@home (Glen K) wrote:

>On Thu, 20 May 1999 15:29:21 GMT, matri...@usa.net (Matrixgold)

>wrote:
>

>>This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
>>within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
>>eqvault is a reliable site.
>>
>>"New Zone
>>Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
>>wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
>>zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "
>>
>>Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
>>to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
>>matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
>>at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
>>be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
>>the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.
>>
>>Now the question is, where is it and what levels is it for? I'm sure
>>this info will soon be up on one of the sites...
>>

>>Matrixgold - 16th Level High Elf Wizard - Tarrew Marr (Currently in
>>Oasis)

Steve Totschek

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Basiclly they redid all the monsters and loot in Souldung A . Before
it was a 35th lvl on up. Now its a lower lvl dungeon. Maybe 25th on
up. Goblins instead of kobolds.

Matrixgold

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99

From Eqvault.com

"UPDATE: I've received several follow-up emails to this post, as it
turns out it is not a new zone. Verant renamed Solusek B to Nagafen's
Layer. Sorry for the confusion! "

Maybe they'll start confirming things themselves before posting them
as news...

Mike Wilson, UCE Account

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Skip Sanders <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> I would tend to doubt the message strongly, unless your latest patching
> downloaded some large files with a name related to that. 'New Zone' means
> at least two, probably three, new files in your EQ directory, the zone data,
> shape data, and sound data.

IT is true. I was on last night when he announced this among other things.

(why is leaving all the quoted text at the bottom of a message becoming the
standard now, ever everyone so lazy now?)

--
---
Mike Wilson, http://www.drwho.org http://www.pobox.com/~mwilson

Gresh

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
It's not a new zone, it's a reworked existing zone. Someone said it was
one of the Solusek zones, A or B. They redesigned it for "mid-level"
chars, levels 25 to 35 I think Aradune said. They also reworked Guk.

Gresh
Qualm, Barbarian Shaman, E'ci

apt...@earthlink.net

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
On Thu, 20 May 1999 09:17:50 -0700, "Skip Sanders"
<skip...@san.rr.com> wrote:

Hi, I might be wrong about this, but I've visited Nagafen's Lair in
Lavastorm (a week and a half ago). I've been told this is the
very,very hard Solusek Eye B Zone. Just FYI, there was a Greater
Kobold in the entrance that was a happy bright red to my level 19
necromancer...

Syph on E'ci

>I would tend to doubt the message strongly, unless your latest patching
>downloaded some large files with a name related to that. 'New Zone' means
>at least two, probably three, new files in your EQ directory, the zone data,
>shape data, and sound data.

>---------------------
>Matrixgold <matri...@usa.net> wrote in message
>>

>> This is a quote from eqvault.com, which was just posted on their site
>> within the hour. I'm not sure that it's true, but probably is as
>> eqvault is a reliable site.
>>

>> "New Zone
>> Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system
>> wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new
>> zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational. Thanks Kelleton! "
>>
>> Now, what does this mean? Well, that anyone and everyone will be there
>> to check it out (provided they can survive there, well, no that won't
>> matter either probably). IMHO they should open new zones at LEAST 2
>> at a time, 3 if possible. Even if this means waiting. The masses would
>> be split amongst them, plus they'd be spending a good deal of time (in
>> the old zones) travelling to check out the new ones.

Skip Sanders

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99

Mike Wilson, UCE Account <uce_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Skip Sanders <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> > I would tend to doubt the message strongly, unless your latest patching
> > downloaded some large files with a name related to that. 'New Zone'
means
> > at least two, probably three, new files in your EQ directory, the zone
data,
> > shape data, and sound data.
>
> IT is true. I was on last night when he announced this among other things.
>
> (why is leaving all the quoted text at the bottom of a message becoming
the
> standard now, ever everyone so lazy now?)

And of course, today, they got around to explaining that they had NOT
'added' a zone at all, they just changed around the name and mobiles and
such of an existing zone. So no, it was not true, any more than adding new
NPC's or quests to a zone is 'creating a new zone'.

Kevin

May 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/21/99
Nobody has said a word about the Mistmoore announcement. It's back, too.