Verant is just absolutely pathetic

Tim Lamb

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
Hmm..where should we start?

Totally overcrowded servers. They stated the optimal number of players
were 1000, yet they were too cheap and lazy to add new servers when needed,
now most servers have 1600 in primetime, and some have over 1900!

Then there's the constant server crashes. Xegony has been taken down two
times today, first for an hour, now it's been down for over and hour again,
and the ETA is another 90 mins!

Then when you get into the game, there's all sorts of nice bugs, like quests
that are broken, and all those nice tracking bugs. Didn't Verant state
monster AI in the game was really smart, where the monster would backstab
the weakest member in a group or some shit? Geez, centaurs can't even walk
out of a fucking barn, and they get trapped in the walls. Yeah, very smart
and advanced AI!

Hurry up and get back from Radio Shack, Brad, so Xegony can get back up.

Malvolin

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99

Tim Lamb wrote in message <7kuu4b$it0$1...@dagger.videotron.ab.ca>...

>Hmm..where should we start?
>
>Totally overcrowded servers. They stated the optimal number of players
>were 1000, yet they were too cheap and lazy to add new servers when needed,
>now most servers have 1600 in primetime, and some have over 1900!

Yeah I know. That's why they've *added* 2 new servers in the past 2 weeks or
so.

Legion

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Whine much? Just quit.

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:50:16 -0600, "Tim Lamb" <tim...@v-wave.com>
wrote:

>Hmm..where should we start?
>
>Totally overcrowded servers. They stated the optimal number of players
>were 1000, yet they were too cheap and lazy to add new servers when needed,
>now most servers have 1600 in primetime, and some have over 1900!
>

>Then there's the constant server crashes. Xegony has been taken down two
>times today, first for an hour, now it's been down for over and hour again,
>and the ETA is another 90 mins!
>
>Then when you get into the game, there's all sorts of nice bugs, like quests
>that are broken, and all those nice tracking bugs. Didn't Verant state
>monster AI in the game was really smart, where the monster would backstab
>the weakest member in a group or some shit? Geez, centaurs can't even walk
>out of a fucking barn, and they get trapped in the walls. Yeah, very smart
>and advanced AI!
>
>Hurry up and get back from Radio Shack, Brad, so Xegony can get back up.

||Legion||

Being crazy used to mean something.
Now everyone's crazy

Jack Benny

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Legion wrote:

> Whine much? Just quit.

Just curious.. but what do *you* do when *you* dont get what you've paid
for?

When one of your friends buys the K3wL l33T new skateboard and gets
shitty bearings and shitty wheels do you tell him to quit whining and
take up bingo?

No. You say: "That sucks, take that shit back and make them fix it."

Verant said the optimal load was *WAY* lower than what they are
running. The boat on most servers has dropped more people than the
Hindenburg and they are not sticking to what they sold *everyone*. You
think they'll stop selling everquest if the servers get so overcrowed
that you cant move? Hell no. They'll keep selling it until we quit
buying it.

It sucks, but that's marketing.

Jack

Vendril

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99

Tim Lamb wrote:

> Hmm..where should we start?
>
> Totally overcrowded servers. They stated the optimal number of players
> were 1000, yet they were too cheap and lazy to add new servers when needed,
> now most servers have 1600 in primetime, and some have over 1900!

Are you really this moronic? They just added another server two days ago, just
as they have been every time it gets crowded... they don't put one up the
instant the servers are crowded, they wait to see if the overcrowding will
persist.

> Then there's the constant server crashes. Xegony has been taken down two
> times today, first for an hour, now it's been down for over and hour again,
> and the ETA is another 90 mins!

Most of the problems are due to ISP's not Verant's hardware specifically. You
can perhaps accuse them of choosing a poor ISP, but that is a different issue...

> Then when you get into the game, there's all sorts of nice bugs, like quests
> that are broken, and all those nice tracking bugs. Didn't Verant state
> monster AI in the game was really smart, where the monster would backstab
> the weakest member in a group or some shit? Geez, centaurs can't even walk
> out of a fucking barn, and they get trapped in the walls. Yeah, very smart
> and advanced AI!

There is quite a bit more to AI than just pathfinding, but I won't bore your
obviously superior intellect with the details.

> Hurry up and get back from Radio Shack, Brad, so Xegony can get back up.

Hurry up and drop your account, moron. Another whiner that offers neither
solutions nor new ideas is the LAST thing EQ and this group needs.

--
Vendril

BanderSnatch

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Actually the optimum is 1500, but could support 2000 easily. I play on
Fennin ro, the most crowded server, and have had no troubles.

GreenKnight

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Biggest problem we have on The Rathe seems to be lag and pl's. Up until
just a few weeks ago (before school got out) the lag was almost nill. I've
changed isp's (3 of them) trying to find a better path to CerfNet and have
run into a dead end. While zone lag is dependant upon the number of
players in it, I am not pleased when having only 10 of us in Mistmore this
morning (there were less than 600 on server) I watch my meter bounce around
10% pl's.

This causes my mana regen to slow to a crawl and spell casting time to be a
joke. It would go a long way toward improving the game play if Verant
would check with their provider and find a way around this. The game
rocks, but when you get killed for no fault of your own, it does take the
fun out of it.

GK 22 Cleric
The Rathe Server

Wwen Delian

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
They need to bring up 2 or 3 servers at once. How fast did Quellious and Prexus
fill up? 2 minutes? This shows how badly these people want more servers, less
crowds, more room. Bring up 3 (including the race war server) at once I say,
not like you all care what I say. :)

"A chicken with its neck wrung is different from a chicken with its head cut
off, but does it matter to the chicken?" Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Kay-Yut Chen - remove ABC in email to reply

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Whiner. They said 1500, never 1000 per server.

And they just added two servers.

>Hmm..where should we start?
>
>Totally overcrowded servers. They stated the optimal number of players
>were 1000, yet they were too cheap and lazy to add new servers when needed,
>now most servers have 1600 in primetime, and some have over 1900!
>

>Then there's the constant server crashes. Xegony has been taken down two
>times today, first for an hour, now it's been down for over and hour again,
>and the ETA is another 90 mins!
>

>Then when you get into the game, there's all sorts of nice bugs, like quests
>that are broken, and all those nice tracking bugs. Didn't Verant state
>monster AI in the game was really smart, where the monster would backstab
>the weakest member in a group or some shit? Geez, centaurs can't even walk
>out of a fucking barn, and they get trapped in the walls. Yeah, very smart
>and advanced AI!
>

>Hurry up and get back from Radio Shack, Brad, so Xegony can get back up.

Kay-Yut

bler

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
>When one of your friends buys the K3wL l33T new skateboard and gets
>shitty bearings and shitty wheels do you tell him to quit whining and
>take up bingo?
>
>No. You say: "That sucks, take that shit back and make them fix it."

No, you buy better bearings and wheels =)

-Bler

Jason Maskell

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
Kay-Yut Chen - remove ABC in email to reply <kych...@hpl.hp.com> wrote in
message news:3780ed17....@news.supernews.com...

> Whiner. They said 1500, never 1000 per server.

Helpful. Attribute that. I'm fairly certain that the original poster can
attribute his, as I do recall seeing that number myself.

> And they just added two servers.

His point was that they weren't added when they were needed, before the old
servers got to 900 in non peak times, and 1500-1900 in peak!

I thought he made some good points, but I also knew when reading it that the
defenders were going to jump in and flame him for his tone.

Jason

Steven Le

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
I play on Xengony because my friend played it(Dumb Idea) now when i
go to the east commons their are 80-60 people and i lag bad. 25-10%
PL :( But in north freeport with 20 people i get 0%PL :)
I sugest you play at off times. That can be hard and some people
can't do that. Heck i can't, only time i can play is prime time and
with 20% PL! But is till fun!

On 25 Jun 1999 20:54:56 GMT, clric...@aol.comNOSPAM (Wwen Delian)

DG

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Don't fret that you chose the wrong server. They all suck at this point of
time because they are all over crowded and they can't seem to do squat about
getting badly needed server up and running. Their shrink wrapped response
seems to be "So and so is fixing their router problem" AKA Verant squeaks
when it walks(misunderstood by some as being clean).

Steven Le <SPAMBLOC...@pdq.net> wrote in message

Steven Le

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:38:44 -0400, "DG" <_va...@concentric.net> wrote:
<snip>

>Don't fret that you chose the wrong server. They all suck at this point of
>time because they are all over crowded and they can't seem to do squat about
>getting badly needed server up and running. Their shrink wrapped response
>seems to be "So and so is fixing their router problem" AKA Verant squeaks
>when it walks(misunderstood by some as being clean).

Some are much less laggy, i know that for a fact. I used to play on
the others.

"they all suck", hardly...
Some are laggy, yes
Some are really laggt, somtimes