Etched Peridot of Nature

jaZZmanian Devil

Nov 16, 2001, 6:33:51 AM11/16/01
In case you looted one of these and are hanging on to it, this just in
from Absor:

ETCHED PERIDOT OF NATURE

Some of you may have discovered this item recently. It's been found on
dead Shadow Men since the last patch. Most likely you are wondering what
it is…

It's a mistake.

It's a quest item for Shadows of Luclin that accidentally started
showing up on Shadowed Men. It can't be equipped, has no magical bonuses
of any sort and is worth only a few gold pieces to merchants.

So with the next patch we are going to delete them completely from the
current world. So I suppose it would be a good idea to sell off any that
you have before the next patch. Let the merchants take the loss.

--
jaZZ md
- - - -

James

Nov 16, 2001, 5:49:56 PM11/16/01

jaZZmanian Devil wrote in message <3BF4F99F...@stny.rr.com>...

>In case you looted one of these and are hanging on to it, this just in
>from Absor:
>
>ETCHED PERIDOT OF NATURE
>
>Some of you may have discovered this item recently. It's been found on
>dead Shadow Men since the last patch. Most likely you are wondering what
>it is…
>
>It's a mistake.
>
>It's a quest item for Shadows of Luclin that accidentally started
>showing up on Shadowed Men.

This is a first: screwy loot tables for an expansion happening before
the expansion even comes out. Does anyone doubt there'll be problems on day
one NOW?

James

Eleena

Nov 16, 2001, 7:44:22 PM11/16/01

"James" <jamesg...@home.com> wrote in message

> jaZZmanian Devil wrote in message <3BF4F99F...@stny.rr.com>...
> >In case you looted one of these and are hanging on to it, this just in
> >from Absor:
> >
> >ETCHED PERIDOT OF NATURE
> >
> >Some of you may have discovered this item recently. It's been found on
> >dead Shadow Men since the last patch. Most likely you are wondering what
> >it is.

> >It's a mistake.
> >
> >It's a quest item for Shadows of Luclin that accidentally started
> >showing up on Shadowed Men.
>
> This is a first: screwy loot tables for an expansion happening before
> the expansion even comes out. Does anyone doubt there'll be problems on
day
> one NOW?
>
> James

You know what would be really, uh, interesting? If everything the first day
or 2 was only dropping cloth. I heard when Kunark came out the Necklace of
Singularity and other nice items were dropping from easier then intended
mobs. Similar things with Velious. Some claim it was intentional to "draw"
people to the new world. Sure would be different to have all the "me-first"
style powergamers hit the new zones and get squat.

But, to answer the question, yes there will be problems day1. There is just
WAY too much stuff going in at once to get it all right. Thats why they
have 300,000 testers that will hit it at once =)

I'm still getting it though

James

Nov 19, 2001, 3:24:17 PM11/19/01

Eleena wrote in message ...

>"James" <jamesg...@home.com> wrote in message
>> jaZZmanian Devil wrote in message <3BF4F99F...@stny.rr.com>...
>> >In case you looted one of these and are hanging on to it, this just in
>> >from Absor:
>> >
>> >ETCHED PERIDOT OF NATURE
>> >
>> >Some of you may have discovered this item recently. It's been found on
>> >dead Shadow Men since the last patch. Most likely you are wondering what
>> >it is.
>> >
>> >It's a mistake.
>> >
>> >It's a quest item for Shadows of Luclin that accidentally started
>> >showing up on Shadowed Men.
>>
>> This is a first: screwy loot tables for an expansion happening before
>> the expansion even comes out. Does anyone doubt there'll be problems on
>day
>> one NOW?
>
>You know what would be really, uh, interesting? If everything the first
day
>or 2 was only dropping cloth.

Like the Warders did in Sleeper's for a while? ;-)

>I heard when Kunark came out the Necklace of
>Singularity and other nice items were dropping from easier then intended
>mobs.

NoS dropped off The Kly, the boss mob in Dalnir. As Dalnir was at Kunark
release:

-the goos near The Kly had Vox's breath weapon
-The Kly was an insanely rare pop. Most estimates of how long it would take
to get a NoS were around the same as the camp time for JBoots when they
dropped in Najena.

The goos having the Vox breath weapon was a mistake, so they corrected
it. After VI figured out it was becoming Drelzna II down there with the
silly camps, they moved the NoS to Drusella Sathir in Howling Stones. IIRC
she's roughly a 24 hour spawn, loads the NoS as a rare drop, and is not
"casually campable" like The Kly was.

Now, the one item that *was* dropping off the wrong mob was the Jewel
Encrusted Ring (or a similar name). Stats were Ac 10 STR 7, again IIRC.
Dropped off giants, and apparently should not have. My theory is that it's
the reward for the complete Overthere Hammer quest, but I have no way of
testing that.

> Similar things with Velious. Some claim it was intentional to "draw"
>people to the new world. Sure would be different to have all the
"me-first"
>style powergamers hit the new zones and get squat.

Velious did have them get squat, in a way. The one "mistake" item that
dropped was the Yelinak sword, the Griffin whatever. It was dropping off
regular Sentries. And VI did the right thing, for once: they changed all
copies of the sword to the items that should have dropped. Now, the first
people in Velious did get to take advantage of very high drop rates on PoG
and Kael armour, but that's not an actual item database error.

>But, to answer the question, yes there will be problems day1. There is
just
>WAY too much stuff going in at once to get it all right.

What amazes me is that the one thing that players seem to focus on - the
loot tables - aren't gone through with a fine-tooth comb before release.

>I'm still getting it though

So am I. Gotta get there and get the extra loot on day one! 8)

James

sanjian

Nov 21, 2001, 12:02:18 PM11/21/01

> >I'm still getting it though
>
> So am I. Gotta get there and get the extra loot on day one! 8)

I'll be there first day, but not so I can loot the place, but so I can start
my Vah Shirr.

sanjian@wido(you know the drill)maker.com
http://www.widomaker.com/~sanjian
President P.A.C. Order of the Mallet

Smile -- Ruka
Rhythm -- Corvette
Dignity -- Extra
Guts -- Layla
Relax -- Parapu
Kokoro -- Shion
Believe in yourself -- Yuri

James

Nov 21, 2001, 3:00:28 PM11/21/01

sanjian wrote in message ...

>"James" <jamesg...@home.com> wrote in message
>
>> >I'm still getting it though
>>
>> So am I. Gotta get there and get the extra loot on day one! 8)
>
>I'll be there first day, but not so I can loot the place, but so I can
start
>my Vah Shirr.

There's this really neat trick you can do in crowded areas, where you
can jump on top of someone and not fall back to the ground because of all
the players in the area. As of SoL, I believe this will be called "Vah Shiir
crowd surfing". Enjoy! 8)

On a more serious note, I really hope people who just want to play a
Beastmaster do the sensible thing and start one of the other races that can
be Beastmasters, rather than Vah Shiir. There's a lot of people that want to
be cats, and the crowding WILL be terrible.

James

sanjian

Nov 23, 2001, 11:40:47 PM11/23/01
"James" <jamesg...@home.com> wrote in message

That's why I'm going shammy. That, and pets really don't interest me. Seem
like they always have a tendancy to get their masters in trouble, or piss of
enchanters.