Named Splitpaw gnoll. Fact or fiction?

Frankie

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
I have been hearing rumors of a named, or should I say gnamed, Splitpaw
gnoll -- Kurrpok Splitpaw. Is this true or false? I also hear it drops a
lore item, or magic item like an "eye".

I have spents dozens of hours in Paw. Killing everything from Splitpaws to
Ren'Rex and Necro pets. I have never seen a named "Splitpaw" gnoll.

All information is welcome.

f.

Frankie

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Frankie

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Fong

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Frankie <Fast...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Spoiler ahead

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kurrpok does indeed exist he only appears in the secret chamber in splitpaw.
Ill leave it up to you to find it.ounce you get there there will be 2 doors
one with 3 elites
and another with a small room with 2 elites and a larger chamber with a high
shaman.
Before you do anything kill the 3 elites,look around the room and youll see
a lever
Pull it
Now go back to the large chamber and youll see Kurrpok has taken the place
of the high shaman
Go ahead and kill him but its not over yet the fun part is just beggining
ounce you exit the room youll see a dark elf necro npc and his pet blocking
your exit
his name is Zixx Nenix and killing Kurrpok triggers his spawn
Be warned he is one mean SOB
I hope this helps i know more info couldve been given but i dont want to
spoil everything for you

Good luck and have fun

David A Henry

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Fong wrote:
> Spoiler ahead
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Kurrpok does indeed exist he only appears in the secret chamber in splitpaw.
> Ill leave it up to you to find it.ounce you get there there will be 2 doors
> one with 3 elites
> and another with a small room with 2 elites and a larger chamber with a high
> shaman.

Do you mean to Splitpaw Nobles? I have never seen and Elite anything
there. Is the passage you refer to the underwater one?

> Before you do anything kill the 3 elites,look around the room and youll see
> a lever
> Pull it
> Now go back to the large chamber and youll see Kurrpok has taken the place
> of the high shaman

I have been hunting here for a long time. I have never seen a High Shaman
in the large room. So what does pulling the leaver do? Open a door in the
large room that lets Kurrpok out??? Or magically replaces the Shamen with
Kerrpok? I am guessing this whole chain is broke if the High Shaman is not
there in the first place!?

I have been wondering what that swith did for a long time. Someone thought
it might open something in the Jail Area.

> Go ahead and kill him but its not over yet the fun part is just beggining
> ounce you exit the room youll see a dark elf necro npc and his pet blocking
> your exit
> his name is Zixx Nenix and killing Kurrpok triggers his spawn
> Be warned he is one mean SOB
> I hope this helps i know more info couldve been given but i dont want to
> spoil everything for you

Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman? I, in a group of
three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one slaughter us?

Thanks.

David A Henry
mailto:dhe...@bigfoot.com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~dhenry

DuskRunner

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
David A Henry (A blessed Pine user ;) wrote:

>Fong wrote:
>
>I have been hunting here for a long time. I have never seen a High Shaman
>in the large room. So what does pulling the leaver do? Open a door in the
>large room that lets Kurrpok out??? Or magically replaces the Shamen with
>Kerrpok? I am guessing this whole chain is broke if the High Shaman is not
>there in the first place!?

Kinda. If you pull the lever and no shaman is there, a new shaman is
spawned. Nothing fancy, just a normal shaman. Leave him be and pull the
lever again in a little bit.

It's quickly becoming a semi-camped spot on Xegony, so we have not gone
there in a while. Not to mention we are playing our newer lower level
characters for now.

DuskRunner
--
Jeffryn of Surefall
Wuming of Qeynos

Jim

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

> I have been hearing rumors of a named, or should I say gnamed, Splitpaw
> gnoll -- Kurrpok Splitpaw. Is this true or false? I also hear it drops a
> lore item, or magic item like an "eye".
>
> I have spents dozens of hours in Paw. Killing everything from Splitpaws
> Ren'Rex and Necro pets. I have never seen a named "Splitpaw" gnoll.
>
> All information is welcome.

He does exist, and he spawns in the area underneath the water where the
nobles and shamans spawn (next to a giant snake room).

If he is killed, I understand that the dark elf necromancer Ren Rex then
comes out and wreaks havoc. I haven't seen this behaviour myself, as my
group and I always bailed once Kurrpok spawned.

Now that I'm in the 20's, perhaps I will go back and check it out.

Dundee

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:54:27 GMT, "Jim" <nos...@dont.spam.me> wrote:

>If he is killed, I understand that the dark elf necromancer Ren Rex then

Ren Rex is a gnoll Shaman. He's a wimp. The Dark Elf is Nixx
Somthingorother.... or something like that. He's not a wimp.

>Now that I'm in the 20's, perhaps I will go back and check it out.

If you're on E'Ci and you find the remains of Shen (skull I think),
can I have it?

--
Dundee - http://dundee.uong.com/

Dundee

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:35:39 -0300, David A Henry <he...@universal.ca>
wrote:

>Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman?

Yep.

> I, in a group of three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one
>slaughter us?

Depends on your level. He'll charm, he and his pets are blue to me
(at 25th level), and at one point he'd summoned two of them.

The second time we (Shay's a 25th cleric, I'm a 25th monk) fought him
he wasn't too hard, but I was buffed to the max and had Endure Magic
up. We ignored his pets and went straight for him, and he was only at
half-health because he'd just killed us about 20 minutes before that.

'Pretty tough guy. :-)

Gresh

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
>Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman? I, in a group of

>three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one slaughter us?

Don't try him without a good group level 20 plus. Since there are
typically very few people level 20 plus typicall in Paw, he's a zone
buster. He's level 23 or so, but he'll charm one or more of your
party, and his pet hits for 50 or so max. If you can blast him
quickly you'll do much better.

The one time I encountered him, early on when there were few people in
Paw, he wiped out about 10 people and forced the remaining few to
zone. And stay zoned, for a couple of hours, while amusing himself
with his charmed "pets". Not fun.

Gresh
Qualm, Barbarian Shaman, E'ci

Frankie

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

>Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman? I, in a group of
>three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one slaughter us?

Well, I finally saw Kurrpok Splitpaw today. Killed him twice. Got the ruby
pendant, or his "eye". Zixx did come -- and yes, he did kill me the first
time. He charmed my bard friend who proceeded to slowly kill me.

However, the second time, we pulled Kurrpok out of the area so Zixx spawned
behind us (not a smart spawn point. He does no follow Kurrpok.) We gave
the ruby to the necro the 2nd time and took serious factions hits. Gained a
bit of exp. but rec'd nothing else in return.

f.

Frankie

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
>I have been hunting here for a long time. I have never seen a High Shaman
>in the large room. So what does pulling the leaver do? Open a door in the
>large room that lets Kurrpok out??? Or magically replaces the Shamen with
>Kerrpok? I am guessing this whole chain is broke if the High Shaman is not
>there in the first place!?
>
>I have been wondering what that swith did for a long time. Someone thought
>it might open something in the Jail Area.
>
>> Go ahead and kill him but its not over yet the fun part is just beggining
>> ounce you exit the room youll see a dark elf necro npc and his pet
blocking
>> your exit
>> his name is Zixx Nenix and killing Kurrpok triggers his spawn
>> Be warned he is one mean SOB
>> I hope this helps i know more info couldve been given but i dont want to
>> spoil everything for you
>
>Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman? I, in a group of
>three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one slaughter us?

I assume he means the underwater passage which leads to 2 rooms, first with
3 NOBLES, not elites. And the larger room with 5 or so Nobles and 3 Shaman,
and SUPPOSEDLY 1 High Shaman. I have never seen the High Shaman down here,
nor have I seen a lever. But if Drow Nixx does spawn once the Splitpaw is
killed, that would be trouble for all players in the zone. I know his pet
is level 20 or so, and Nixx is probably level 25+.

But worth dying if Splitpaw carries something good.

f.

Frankie

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

>Is Zixx a LOT harder then the rest of the High Shaman? I, in a group of
>three can take all the rest usualy. Would this one slaughter us?

Well, I finally saw Kurrpok Splitpaw today. Killed him twice. Got the ruby

Frankie

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Frankie

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Jim

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Dundee <Dun...@SPAMSPAMSPAM.COM> wrote in message

> On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:54:27 GMT, "Jim" <nos...@dont.spam.me> wrote:
>
> >If he is killed, I understand that the dark elf necromancer Ren Rex then
>
> Ren Rex is a gnoll Shaman. He's a wimp. The Dark Elf is Nixx
> Somthingorother.... or something like that. He's not a wimp.

Ahh yes, I stand corrected. Nixx Zixx or something stupid like that, right?

> >Now that I'm in the 20's, perhaps I will go back and check it out.
>
> If you're on E'Ci and you find the remains of Shen (skull I think),
> can I have it?

Sorry - I'm on Fennin Ro. I don't even remember where Shen's skull was
acquired from, I got it back when I was 16 or 17. I'm working on the damned
coronet now.