A seriously frustrating yet funny story

Nathanial

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
Ok, I play a dwarven cleric that I have struggled to a measely lvl 11. I
was hunting in befallen when I noticed that my inventory was full. No
problem I thought I'll just run to the Inn and sell a few items. Off I
go trotting to the Inn as fast as my little stubby legs will take me. I
reach the Inn with no problems, but here is where the real story begins.
There I am minding my own dwarven business, when I here "Your presence
is an insult to us all!" blah blah blah...I think to myself doh there
goes some evil character that got to close to the guard there in West
commons...I then see Militia Colin slashes you for 24 points...Militia
so&so(the other guard) slashes you for 19 points...At this point I am
bewildered....I have run to those guards many times for saftey from the
beasts of that zone. Well one cons blue to me & the other white, but
with both of them on me they make short work of me...after all I am only
a cleric. I sit there looking at my Loading please wait screen wondering
what happened. I finsh zoning back to my bind spot which happend to be
at the East Freeport gate, as soon as I zone there I hear "Your presence
is an insult to us all" All I can think of is Oh crap!!! Well what
followed was not suitable for viewers under the age of 21...it was the
biggest slaughter I have ever seen as I was killed over & over &
over...the guards were too fast to dispatch me I couldn't even /q out of
the game, I had to shut down my comp completely. When all was said &
done I had lost 2 levels worth of xp.
I logged on with another character & did a /petition & waited for 3
hours, but never got a response....so I logged off. I log back on later
this evening & get an almost immediate response from a GM saying she
will help me get away from those evil guards. So, she goes about killing
all the guards & tells me ok log in with that character all the guards
in that area are dead. I log in & hear "Your presence is an insult to us
all" all I can do is watch as the carnage begins again.... I get away
after the fourth kill, & send a message to the GM saying "umm apparently
that didn't work becasue I was just slaughtered again" I get the reply
"Sorry about that I was in the wrong area". TO make an already long
story short, she teleport me to West Commons where I originaly died &
resurrects my original corpse giving me my original level back short of
half a bubble of xp.

Now that was one hell of a day my friends.

Binadar 11th level cleric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Guru

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
While I normaly find Trolls Smelly, abrasive and Rude, I met (sort of) a
Troll who managed to find a place close to my heart. I'll attempt to relate
his story, which consists mostly of my supposition. This poor Troll, who's
name I cant remember (ok..maybe not THAT close to my heart) Had recently had
himself Bound in RiverVale. Why? I dont know, but we can assume that he
thought that he had raised his faction enough that the cute little halfling
"Zorro" guards wouldn't kill him. When I got there, A scene of carnage
enough to turn a hardened adventurer's tummy had taken place. I counted a
grand total of 27 corpses. Apparently he had enough Hps to take a couple of
guard hits as his corpses had some good seperation, and it looks like he
made for both exits from rivervale, neither with much success. My sad
little "Griffawn-at-the-Binding-spot" episode had nothing on this poor
fella. *sigh*

Nessus of Veeshan
Nathanial <ra6...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Hearding

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99

Nathanial <ra6...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I play a dwarven cleric that I have struggled to a measely lvl 11. I
> was hunting in befallen when I noticed that my inventory was full. No
> problem I thought I'll just run to the Inn and sell a few items. Off I
> go trotting to the Inn as fast as my little stubby legs will take me. I
> reach the Inn with no problems, but here is where the real story begins.
> There I am minding my own dwarven business, when I here "Your presence
> is an insult to us all!" blah blah blah...I think to myself doh there
> goes some evil character that got to close to the guard there in West
> commons...I then see Militia Colin slashes you for 24 points...Militia
> so&so(the other guard) slashes you for 19 points...At this point I am
> bewildered....I have run to those guards many times for saftey from the
> beasts of that zone. Well one cons blue to me & the other white, but
> with both of them on me they make short work of me...after all I am only
> a cleric. I sit there looking at my Loading please wait screen wondering
> what happened. I finsh zoning back to my bind spot which happend to be
> at the East Freeport gate, as soon as I zone there I hear "Your presence
> is an insult to us all" All I can think of is Oh crap!!! Well what
> followed was not suitable for viewers under the age of 21...it was the
> biggest slaughter I have ever seen as I was killed over & over &
> over...the guards were too fast to dispatch me I couldn't even /q out of
> the game, I had to shut down my comp completely. When all was said &
> done I had lost 2 levels worth of xp.

Have you tried to fight the guard in West Commons that cons blue? I did. I
soothed the other and started bashing the blue one. It wasn't pretty. I
used Divine Aura, but a little too late. I was down below two bubbles and
running slow. I died about 2 steps from the zone boundary.

So have you been fighting guards? Or maybe done something to change your
faction status...or was it just some weird occurrence?

John Bellando

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
Hail!
Was this on the Bristlebane server by chance? I was in Freeport when the
call went out that the guards were dead for a short time. If not then a
similar thing happened to someone last night, after the guards were dead,
there was a rampaging necromancer or shadowknight and his pets running
around outside the gate as well. Was a total blast!
Harliquinn