Are all the class specific boots this shitty?

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Word from the rangers glade is that the ivy boots are AC 10 +5sta, and this is
one of the hardest ivy quests, requires a lot of time and a lot of plat. I also
know the cleric boots are AC 10 +sv poison or something shitty like that, this
one takes hours to do and hundreds of plat as well. In the time it takes to
get the ivy boots you could have 3 pairs of dwarven work boots. What are the
boot stats on the other class specific armor? Just curious.

Michael Youngblood

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
The Shaman boots are just as bad AC 10 +5Str. What the hell do I need
streingth for PLEAS CHANGE THIS TO WIS. Just thought I would throw that in
just in case Brad reads this.
Lakars-Shamn Quellios
Abe <abebl...@aol.comgotohell> wrote in message

Gordon Chapman

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On 20 Oct 1999 14:41:08 GMT, abebl...@aol.comgotohell (Abe) wrote:

>Word from the rangers glade is that the ivy boots are AC 10 +5sta, and this is
>one of the hardest ivy quests, requires a lot of time and a lot of plat. I also
>know the cleric boots are AC 10 +sv poison or something shitty like that, this
>one takes hours to do and hundreds of plat as well. In the time it takes to
>get the ivy boots you could have 3 pairs of dwarven work boots. What are the
>boot stats on the other class specific armor? Just curious.

Actually the Cleric boots are AC9 not 10 and they're +5 sv disease
(UTTERLY pointless to a class that has the cure disease spell)

G.

--

Software engineering is an ongoing battle between software
engineers constantly striving to create bigger and better

Right now the Universe is winning.

Gordon W. Chapman
--Lead Artist
--Climax Group
--gor...@climax.co.uk

Temujin Khan

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even WEEKS! And
when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat equivelant
to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST, rangers
have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything practically
HANDED to you on a silver tray!

Vaedar Soulreaver

bec

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Thats a bunch of crap that rangers have it easy. We are the most
nerfed class thier is. Your just a jerk. The only reason you are
trashing rangers is cause you heard that Brad plays one.

What they need to do is nerf the shadowknights. You have it way to
easy.

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:43:04 -0400, Temujin Khan <tem...@nccoast.net>

Gordon Chapman

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
wrote:

>Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even WEEKS! And
>when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat equivelant
>to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST, rangers
>have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything practically
>HANDED to you on a silver tray!
>
>Vaedar Soulreaver

I wouldn't go that far, but the general consensus seems to be that of
all the new class specific armour quests (of the classes that used to
have access to Rubicite), rangers do seem to have it a lot easier than
the stump sitting clerics, the absent tree hunting shamans, the SKs
who can never FIND their quest NPCs because they're killed as soon as
they spawn and the rogues who still have to camp CT for their armour.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:15:33 GMT, bec2dont...@frontiernet.net
(bec) wrote:

>Thats a bunch of crap that rangers have it easy. We are the most
>nerfed class thier is. Your just a jerk. The only reason you are
>trashing rangers is cause you heard that Brad plays one.
>
>What they need to do is nerf the shadowknights. You have it way to
>easy.

Yeah, there's a well reasoned and thought out post (nice grammar too)

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
>Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even WEEKS!
>And
>when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat
>equivelant
>to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST,
>rangers
>have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything
>practically
>HANDED to you on a silver tray!

So why flame me? I'm not complaining, I don't really care, I was just curious
of the stats from other boots. And if camping 9 hours for a fucking thistle
brownie, waiting 10 hours to get a group together to kill meldrath, killing a
level 38 hard as hell kick your ass all over the place griffon, killing brownie
outcasts for 15 hours and STILL not have the arrows I need, camping a rare
spawn in oot for at least 10 hours, have an NPC in rathe mountains who NEVER
spawns, killing goblins for 5 hours and not once finding an inferno goblin
wizard is EASY. Well fuck off, eat shit and die. I've quested easily over 30
hours and only have 2 pieces of my ivy armor and I'm happy as hell. If you put
in half that time you'd have at least 2 pieces of your fucking precious
shadowknight armor. Yes, you caught me in a bad mood. Ignore the run-on.

Temujin Khan

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
For your information, moron, there have only been TWO pieces of Darkforge armor
found on ALL the servers combined. Yes, you read that right. TWO. Meanwhile, i'm
seeing rangers running around in FULL Ivy armor. I don't think I will be the one
eating shit because you just got your mouth crammed full of it.

Vaedar

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

>For your information, moron, there have only been TWO pieces of Darkforge
>armor
>found on ALL the servers combined.

What you've gone on every server and asked every single shadowknight if they've
found some armor?

>Yes, you read that right. TWO.

So why haven't you gotten those two. I only have two after about 50 hours
questing. How long did you quest? Or did you just give up immediately cause you
read the quests were so hard? Go sit your ass in Cazic thule for 50 hours and
you'll get your armor.

>Meanwhile, i'm
>seeing rangers running around in FULL Ivy armor.

Because Shadowknights aren't a common class. Rangers are everywhere, and there
are a lot of high level rangers. I doubt any ranger has a full set yet. People
are getting close but not quite, the boots were only gotten yesterday. And the
pants are a near impossible camp.

I don't think I will be the
>one
>eating shit because you just got your mouth crammed full of it.

All talk asshole. Like I said, go sit your ass in cazicthule for 50 hours and
you'll get your armor. But no you'd rather complain that it's too hard, why
does verant fuck the shadowknights, we have to camp so long. Screw the whining
and just go do it.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On 20 Oct 1999 16:40:25 GMT, abebl...@aol.comgotohell (Abe) wrote:

>So why flame me? I'm not complaining, I don't really care, I was just curious
>of the stats from other boots. And if camping 9 hours for a fucking thistle
>brownie, waiting 10 hours to get a group together to kill meldrath, killing a
>level 38 hard as hell kick your ass all over the place griffon, killing brownie
>outcasts for 15 hours and STILL not have the arrows I need, camping a rare
>spawn in oot for at least 10 hours, have an NPC in rathe mountains who NEVER
>spawns, killing goblins for 5 hours and not once finding an inferno goblin
>wizard is EASY. Well fuck off, eat shit and die. I've quested easily over 30
>hours and only have 2 pieces of my ivy armor and I'm happy as hell. If you put
>in half that time you'd have at least 2 pieces of your fucking precious
>shadowknight armor. Yes, you caught me in a bad mood. Ignore the run-on.

The clerics still have to kill meldrath and his sentries, they also
have to kill a lvl 40 polar bear AND his lvl 47 NPC master, they have
to spend 8 hours staring at NOTHING waiting for a bag to appear (for
at LEAST 4 of the quests), they have to find and kill several
wandering random spawn high level mobs (and we don't have TRACK so we
just have to wander the area and hope we get lucky), for one item we
need to be able to remain underwater for sustained periods of time,
and since we don't get enduring breath, we're SOL there, and ALL to
get armour that's got WORSE AC than rubicite and that looks almost
exactly like bronze.

Nobody has it easy, but rangers have a distinct advantage with their
tracking skill (at least you know when your mob spawns), every other
class has to just wander and hope.

At the end of the day, this shouldn't degenerate into arguments about
which class has the shittier quests, but should come together into a
unified voice screaming "HEY BRAD! ALL THE QUESTS ARE SHITTY! FIX
THEM!"

Temujin Khan

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Ok shit-for-brains. I DO happen to be one of the single shadowknights who has a
piece of Darkforge. I got the greaves. I have spent everynight, since the last
patch, for about 8 hours per night and have gotten THREE pieces of decayed armor.
Decayed armor is only one part of the quest and each piece of finished darkforge
armor requires 2 pieces of decayed armor, the right and the left. Plus, it is ALL
random. Random mob, random location, and random drops of decayed. You do the
math. I simply got extremely lucky to loot the right and left legplates. So now,
let's see. That's 7 days, at 8 hours a day (from 3pm to 11pm)...that comes to, yes
56 hours I think. So yes, I think I have exceeded your 50 hour requirement for
"having tried the quests". If you don't believe me, check out the EQ Shadowknights
forum at EQSS. I post as Veadar. I've been around the block, kid, anything you
have to say is nothing I haven't heard before.

Vaedar Soulreaver

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
>At the end of the day, this shouldn't degenerate into arguments about
>which class has the shittier quests, but should come together into a
>unified voice screaming "HEY BRAD! ALL THE QUESTS ARE SHITTY! FIX
>THEM!"

On the contrary, I like the quests. All the quests have long boring
camps/waits. I'm having fun. Like I said I've spent at least 50 hours JUST
questing for my armor, I have 2 pieces, and I'm having a blast. I guess it's
just the way you play the game, I spend most of my time questing anyway, I was
level 26 for a month because I was questing and running around a lot. I know
the stats on the cleric armor sucks, that should be rectified, throw in some
wisdom at least. Remember this armor is rubicites replacement, you had to camp
for hours and hours to get it, so why complain about campign h ours and hours
for the replacment?

Gordon Chapman

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On 20 Oct 1999 17:32:01 GMT, abebl...@aol.comgotohell (Abe) wrote:

>wisdom at least. Remember this armor is rubicites replacement, you had to camp
>for hours and hours to get it, so why complain about campign h ours and hours
>for the replacment?

Because when you're spending hours and hours in CT camping for
Rubicite you're getting experience AND loot, you're not just sitting
in a cabin waiting for a bag to appear on the ground.

That's not a quest, it's an exercise in tedium

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
>Because when you're spending hours and hours in CT camping for
>Rubicite you're getting experience AND loot, you're not just sitting
>in a cabin waiting for a bag to appear on the ground.
>
>That's not a quest, it's an exercise in tedium

Good point. By all means complain, maybe they'll make things easier for you,
I'll continue to have fun regardless.

Dorian Brytestar

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Just curious, were you this way before all the camping and questing, or have they
just gotten to you?

Dorian Brytestar
Still looking for a bear in a cave after 3 days 8 hours each day.

Temujin Khan <tem...@nccoast.net> wrote in message
: Ok shit-for-brains. I DO happen to be one of the single shadowknights who has a

:
:
:
:

Nutritech Corp.

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Bahahahahahaha

bec <bec2dont...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> Thats a bunch of crap that rangers have it easy. We are the most
> nerfed class thier is. Your just a jerk. The only reason you are
> trashing rangers is cause you heard that Brad plays one.
>
> What they need to do is nerf the shadowknights. You have it way to
> easy.
>

> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:43:04 -0400, Temujin Khan <tem...@nccoast.net>

> wrote:
>
> >Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even
WEEKS! And
> >when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat
equivelant
> >to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST,
rangers
> >have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything
practically
> >HANDED to you on a silver tray!

Nutritech Corp.

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
heehee

Dorian Brytestar <ri...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Abe

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
> I DO happen to be one of the single shadowknights who has a
>piece of Darkforge. I got the greaves.

<rest snipped>

And you're complaining why? I have a bracer and tunic after doing as much
camping as you. You have greeves and you're on your way to 2 more pieces of
armor. Seems like our quests require about the same amount of camping. Well
isnt' that odd, I don't seem to be complaining but you are. *yawn*

Tim

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Oh help me, my sides are splitting, "You have it way to easy."(referring to
Shadowknights) lol, help hehe.

tsintse

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Ok I'm not gonna sit here and listen to some ranger tell me I have it easier
than them ...

1 - Your quest armor is not only awesome, (same ac as SK plate even though
its chain plus useful stat adjustments... have you even SEEN you breast
plate? its AWESOME) YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET IT

2 - One word.. HEAL

3 - Duel wield, critical hits with bows, higher skill caps

4 - More weapons armor and quests, in fact we dont even come close to you in
these catagories... theres a couple nice sk only weapons but you wont see
them till lvl 35+ and lvl 50 MAYBE for the soul leech

5 - Yer not KOS but just about every NPC in the game

I could whine and biatch more but I won't cuz I generally love playing my
shadowknight... but we have in general been totally ignored in this game and
have been trying to get some sort of balance with the other classes.

And don't get me started about pets :-p

PS HAVE any of you Sk's out there had any luck getting the DF armor... I've
killed a bunch of crusaders and have yet to get a single piece of decaying
armor...

Tsintse M'Llamajah lvl 38 HUMAN SK
Bertoxx

Nasty Composer

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Fuck off Limy!! Yeah you! Gordon! Fuck off!

Gordon Chapman wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:15:33 GMT, bec2dont...@frontiernet.net
> (bec) wrote:
>

> >Thats a bunch of crap that rangers have it easy. We are the most
> >nerfed class thier is. Your just a jerk. The only reason you are
> >trashing rangers is cause you heard that Brad plays one.
> >
> >What they need to do is nerf the shadowknights. You have it way to
> >easy.
> >

> Yeah, there's a well reasoned and thought out post (nice grammar too)

Kirk Cooper

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:25:39 GMT, gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman)
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:43:04 -0400, Temujin Khan <tem...@nccoast.net>

>wrote:
>
>>Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even WEEKS! And
>>when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat equivelant
>>to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST, rangers
>>have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything practically
>>HANDED to you on a silver tray!
>>
>>Vaedar Soulreaver
>>

>I wouldn't go that far, but the general consensus seems to be that of
>all the new class specific armour quests (of the classes that used to
>have access to Rubicite), rangers do seem to have it a lot easier than
>the stump sitting clerics, the absent tree hunting shamans, the SKs
>who can never FIND their quest NPCs because they're killed as soon as
>they spawn and the rogues who still have to camp CT for their armour.
>
>G.

No, not really, because at best, all of the ranger armor pieces
require the death of 2 different lvl 38+ creatures, usually residing
on different continents. In the case of two of these creatures, they
are ultra rare NPCs. The problem is not the difficulty exactly, but
the difficulty versus the actual benefit of the armor. Imagine if the
screaming mace quest required that a Hill Giant and a the avenging
Catliff had to be killed to finish it, but the stats were unchanged.
Also remember that rangers, although a good class, are not capable of
absorbing or dealing out a lot of damage, and cannot heal more than
aobut 30pts per cast. It may seem easy to casting classes to kill
these creatures, because casters can cause more damage and/or recover
hitpoints faster than the melee classes can. As to having NPCs killed
out from under you, just last night I was in Steamfont, where a druid
was offering to sell the ranger armor tunic for 1300 pp, but was
ignoring requests from rangers to help obtain the quest item.
Rangers also have the same problem with the quest NPC's getting
blasted before they can even get to them. As long as any class can do
the quests, and the NPCs required have valuable items besides the
quest components, these situations will occur. There are issues with
all the quests, and pointing fingers at other classes saying, "You got
it easy!" doesn't help the situation, it just obscures the real
issues.

Donny Trimm

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
That shitty? That's about as good as Darkforge Greaves!!!! Damn the
Shadowknights got screwed.

Dan Bongard

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
abebl...@aol.comgotohell (Abe) writes:

> Word from the rangers glade is that the ivy boots are AC 10
> +5sta, and this is one of the hardest ivy quests, requires
> a lot of time and a lot of plat. I also know the cleric boots
> are AC 10 +sv poison or something shitty like that, this
> one takes hours to do and hundreds of plat as well.

Rubicite took hours to camp, was heavily overcamped, and
couldn't be bought for any amount of money. So what's the
problem, again?

> In the time it takes to get the ivy boots you could have
> 3 pairs of dwarven work boots.

Dwarven work boots were better than Rubicite boots, too. So
what the fuck are you whining about?

-- Dan

Joseph M Leonard

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
When I saw the stats on the ivy boots I dropped the quest like a bad
habit. No thanks. hehe

--
Joe
Maelfyn Sinifay 43rd ranger Fennin Ro

David D.

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:41:01 GMT, kco...@dsl-only.net (Kirk Cooper)
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:25:39 GMT, gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman)
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:43:04 -0400, Temujin Khan <tem...@nccoast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hours? HOURS? Getting the shadowknight boots could take DAYS...even WEEKS! And
>>>when we DO get them, I can assure you that they will be AC 9 and a +stat equivelant
>>>to your "shitty" +5 stamina...i.e. WORSE than YOUR boots. Jesus CHRIST, rangers
>>>have it so easy you have all become accustomed to having everything practically
>>>HANDED to you on a silver tray!
>>>
>>>Vaedar Soulreaver
>>>

>>I wouldn't go that far, but the general consensus seems to be that of
>>all the new class specific armour quests (of the classes that used to
>>have access to Rubicite), rangers do seem to have it a lot easier than
>>the stump sitting clerics, the absent tree hunting shamans, the SKs
>>who can never FIND their quest NPCs because they're killed as soon as
>>they spawn and the rogues who still have to camp CT for their armour.
>>
>>G.
>

> No, not really, because at best, all of the ranger armor pieces
>require the death of 2 different lvl 38+ creatures, usually residing
>on different continents. In the case of two of these creatures, they
>are ultra rare NPCs.

Grimfeather is hardly ultra rare. His spot has a 10 minute spawn
time, and 50% of the time he spawns in it. Killed him back to back
just the other day.

David D.

Dorian Brytestar

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
LOL 10 minutes???, the other day he spawned back to back 3 times, our group was glad
he didn't show up the 4th we were out of mana!

Now if the glacial ice bear would spawn like that =)

--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 35 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
David D. <ag...@again.com> wrote in message
: On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:41:01 GMT, kco...@dsl-only.net (Kirk Cooper)

:

Gordon Chapman

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:53:47 -0700, "Dorian Brytestar"
<ri...@nospam.com> wrote:

>LOL 10 minutes???, the other day he spawned back to back 3 times, our group was glad
>he didn't show up the 4th we were out of mana!
>
>Now if the glacial ice bear would spawn like that =)

Apparently Tarskuk (named cyclops) spawns so frequently people are
/shouting throughout the neighbouring zones for rangers to come loot
the damn cyclops charm so they can get rid of some of the corpses.

I can well believe it, in a group of high 20s we killed him 3 times
back to back.

This takes the piss.

Abe

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
>I can well believe it, in a group of high 20s we killed him 3 times
>back to back.
>
>This takes the piss.

True Tarskuk is common but that's only half the quest. Half you gotten a rune
of ivy from an usher? It took me about a week of camping the SR to get the
rune. True Grimfeather is common, but that's only half the quest. Half you
gotten a flaming heart from solusekA? I tried for about 7 hours with no luck.
Half is easy, half is difficult. You must look at the whole quest, not just one
part.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
On 28 Oct 1999 14:28:13 GMT, abebl...@aol.comgotohell (Abe) wrote:

>True Tarskuk is common but that's only half the quest. Half you gotten a rune
>of ivy from an usher? It took me about a week of camping the SR to get the
>rune. True Grimfeather is common, but that's only half the quest. Half you
>gotten a flaming heart from solusekA? I tried for about 7 hours with no luck.
>Half is easy, half is difficult. You must look at the whole quest, not just one
>part.

Yes, but for the rest of us, BOTH parts are hard, even items that
spawn on the ground take 8 hours to show up.

The glacial bear that BOTH the clerics and shamans are waiting for is
a right royal piss take, the other half of that quest involves us
killing a minotaur sentry over on faydwer that never shows up either.

Abe

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

>The glacial bear that BOTH the clerics and shamans are waiting for is
>a right royal piss take, the other half of that quest involves us
>killing a minotaur sentry over on faydwer that never shows up either.

I wasn't trying to show that the other quests are easy I was showing that the
ranger quests are harder than people are suggesting. I know the other classes
quests are pretty fucked up.