Vulak makes a comeback

Ridah

Jul 24, 2002, 9:14:45 AM7/24/02
Guild Afterlife succesfully completed the Ring of Vulak and behold Vulak
spawned, died and droppped new spells.

Ancient Aegolism and Ancient Burnout V

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/

Ben wilson

Jul 24, 2002, 9:36:04 AM7/24/02
In article <9Lx%8.487215$o66.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Ridah
<ri...@nospam.bigpond.net.au> writes

Before people in capable guilds across all server start harassing their
officers to go back there 'because it's working now!', bear in mind it's
not as rosy as it seems.

The ring war has been done around 50 times, several in the last week.
This is only the second time Vulak has spawned, the other time being a
bugged spawn in the middle of the raid. According to the dev team
(second hand, can't cite I'm afraid) this is 'working as intended' and
that completing the ring only gives a CHANCE for Vulak to spawn.

3 hour ring war for a ~1/20 chance at the mob you want to spawn? Only if
there's nothing else to do, thx.

--
***********************
* Demorgoth Demonia *

Wolfie

Jul 24, 2002, 10:08:14 AM7/24/02

"Ben wilson" wrote

> 3 hour ring war for a ~1/20 chance at the mob you want to
> spawn? Only if there's nothing else to do, thx.

Well, you probably are really busy doing something useful
like farming key components, right? :)

Ben wilson

Jul 24, 2002, 10:32:12 AM7/24/02
In article <ixy%8.121388$XH.28...@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, Wolfie
<bgbd...@gte.net> writes

LMAO! good point! ):oP

James Grahame

Jul 24, 2002, 4:00:14 PM7/24/02

"Ben wilson" <bwi...@armoury1.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <9Lx%8.487215$o66.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Ridah
> <ri...@nospam.bigpond.net.au> writes
> >Guild Afterlife succesfully completed the Ring of Vulak and behold Vulak
> >spawned, died and droppped new spells.
> >
> >Ancient Aegolism and Ancient Burnout V

Cool, so ancient spells really WERE put in game (although only on one
mob, contrary to initial promises). Too bad Ancient Burnout is broken due to
the pet haste cap problem.

> Before people in capable guilds across all server start harassing their
> officers to go back there 'because it's working now!', bear in mind it's
> not as rosy as it seems.

We have enough new members that a trip to NToV will always benefit us.
And it's fun to beat up the old loot pinatas one more time! (I love that
term, "loot pinata", by the way.)

> The ring war has been done around 50 times, several in the last week.
> This is only the second time Vulak has spawned, the other time being a
> bugged spawn in the middle of the raid. According to the dev team
> (second hand, can't cite I'm afraid) this is 'working as intended' and
> that completing the ring only gives a CHANCE for Vulak to spawn.

Leave it to Verant to find a way to mess up content to the point of
being unpalatable again. Maybe they could also have a chance that, instead
of Vulak, Lord Inquisitor Seru or any of the named from Inner Acrylia could
spawn at the end?

James