Whoa, what just happened here?

Drake

Aug 20, 2001, 12:34:36 PM8/20/01
Hunting in EK for a change of pace yesterday and I'm up towards the
hilly/mountainous area at the gorge leading to HP. I see this one larger
mountain - well maybe not a mountain but it's a LONG way up - and decide to
run up and get a view of the zone as the sun is setting. As I'm nearing the
top of this huge hill, I start seeing some players sitting about med'n -
some names I'd been seeing for awhile toying about with each other in /ooc
alot like raiding parties seem to do when suiting up in zones waiting to go.

Anyway, I get to the top of this hill and there are quite a few /con red
PC's to my 25 druid (everyone is con red to me I think) and a group or 2
running about in wolf form. Of course I'm in wolf form too so I have to
sniff about and investigate as do the other doggies heh. I figure what the
heck and hide/ctrl-b to make up some mana. Cool place to hang out!

Then all hell breaks loose. Something named 'Dark Elf Corruptor' appears
shouting something about everyone dying - RIGHT next to me, oh with a couple
of really tough looking 'Dark Elf Reaver's backing him up. I've never seen
so many colors on my screen from spell effects - stuff was flying
everywhere. The DEC went down first and the reavers were rooted off to the
side, patiently waiting their turn.

After the mop up, the crowd is congratulating one another and I'm sitting
there just blown away, and can only manage "whoa, what just happened here?'.
No one answered so I thought I'd ask here because heck, if that mountain top
belongs to that DEC and whatnot, I'll just avoid it thank you very much.

Dan Dutra

Aug 20, 2001, 3:43:30 PM8/20/01
That's a piece of the Druid epic quest. The corruptor is triggered, and
hopefully killed so that the Druic can loot a piece off of him for his epic.
Much like Miragul in Evrfrost, except he's in a secret cave, so there
shouldn't be any newbie death in that encounter, unless someone pulls him
out of the cave to Fear kite him.

"Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote in message
<snip>

Lokari

Aug 20, 2001, 12:46:21 PM8/20/01
"Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote:

>Then all hell breaks loose. Something named 'Dark Elf Corruptor' appears
>shouting something about everyone dying - RIGHT next to me, oh with a couple
>of really tough looking 'Dark Elf Reaver's backing him up.

>After the mop up, the crowd is congratulating one another and I'm sitting

>there just blown away, and can only manage "whoa, what just happened here?'.
>No one answered so I thought I'd ask here because heck, if that mountain top
>belongs to that DEC and whatnot, I'll just avoid it thank you very much.

Part of the Ranger (I believe) epic weapon quest.

--

www.lokari.net

Lokari

Aug 20, 2001, 2:28:19 PM8/20/01
bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Yes, it's part of both the ranger and the druid epics.

Part of the druid quest too? Dangit, I should have made my guild run
it again so I could get whatever I needed there, as well.

--

www.lokari.net

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 20, 2001, 2:45:53 PM8/20/01

You just witnessed an early part of both of the ranger and druid Epic
quests. The spawn is triggered, so you should only see him in EK if
there are a bunch of level 50ish or higher players around. The ranger
or druid who triggered the spawn of the dark elf corrupter and his
reaver buddies needs a book off of the dark elf corrupter to move
forward in the quest. Since the corrupter has this nasty habit of
despawning rather quickly, the raid party is usually camped on his
spawn point-- to kill him as quickly as possible-- while the
person triggering the quest is on the other side of the zone doing
the hand-in.

--Kohpry Mossarrow, 58th Season Outrider
--Aquilo Phoenix, Povar
--Tentanda Via!

Drake

Aug 20, 2001, 2:57:26 PM8/20/01
"Anne Michelle Forbes" <coppe...@qwest.net> wrote in message

Ah sweet, thanks for the info! I do remember one of the chars /ooc'n asking
if everyone was ready. It was so cool and I couldn't have timed it better
being there to see it, it sounds like. I'm just blown away that as that
badboy pop'd in, I was standing right next to him HIDING and he didn't even
know I was there! Jeesh, my heart was pounding - definitely got my $10
worth this month!

Dan Harmon

Aug 20, 2001, 4:27:49 PM8/20/01

"bizbee" <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Yn erthygl <fgl2ot4chcqi3j4m8...@4ax.com>, sgrifenws
> Lokari <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net>:
> yeah, the first part of both of them parallel each other. that's as
> far as I got before I figured I wasn't interested in getting the
> epic... the demands of hooking up 50/60 people a couple of times
> didn't enthrall me.

Eh, if it inspires you I'll go ahead & say that the only critter that
requires serious tank help is Faydedar. Thirty people including, oh, six or
so level 58+ tanks (rangers don't count :p) and various & sundry healers and
lower level tanks (you can put rangers in this part :) ) should be able to
take him down. If at all possible, 15+ tanks of various levels.

None of the corrupteds should take more than 2 groups. And we did Ulump
with 4 monks (though 3 had to be rezzed during the fight) tanking (levels
46, 50, 51, 59), one cleric (59, no click stick) & one druid healing, and my
enchanter spending all 10 of my peridots on Runes while we had just the one
monk alive. It was a close call. Had we had another cleric I know we would
have been just fine (especially me, I can't afford to throw away 10 'dots
:-p ). Just one more druid instead of that cleric and it would have saved
me a few peridots. :)

Davian

Aug 20, 2001, 6:23:05 PM8/20/01

"Dan Harmon" <deha...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

You forgot Venril Sathair's Remains, which will take two to three groups.

Davian

Aug 20, 2001, 6:27:24 PM8/20/01

"Lokari" <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net> wrote in message

Well, it takes an hour or so for it to reset... additionally, there is more
than a bit of prep work that goes into being ready to run this fight.

I'm not sure if the foraging parts need to be done or not, but you definitely
have to track down that annoying person running around Greater Feydark first,
in order to get the coin that you hand in to start the sequence.

It's not that big of a deal, really. The Dark Elf Corruptor can be done with
a single competent group of low 50's, including an enchanter or a couple
experienced root parkers.

Drake

Aug 20, 2001, 6:35:32 PM8/20/01
"Davian" <dav...@mindspringNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> "Lokari" <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net> wrote in message
> > bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

snip

> It's not that big of a deal, really. The Dark Elf Corruptor can be done
with
> a single competent group of low 50's, including an enchanter or a couple
> experienced root parkers.

Pretty lame then eh Davian?

Davian

Aug 20, 2001, 6:44:21 PM8/20/01

"Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote in message

Not really. It was a moderately fun fight.

Hardly exciting though, compared to taking down the King in Chardok, where
over half of our 36 raiders died before the end of the fight, including both
the main and backup tanks, all of the enchanters except maybe one, and a
majority of the clerics. (The entire herbalist room added from the rear in
the middle of the fight, as well as the three royal guards that were still
alive when a pet ran off and decided to pull the King on its own.)

Sandjumper Jones

Aug 20, 2001, 10:48:24 PM8/20/01
"bizbee" <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> yeah, the first part of both of them parallel each other. that's as
> far as I got before I figured I wasn't interested in getting the
> epic... the demands of hooking up 50/60 people a couple of times
> didn't enthrall me.

Oh come on .. 50 to 60??

There's only a few places where you'll need group help .. There's only a
handful of corrupts high enough to summon (seafury is one) and just one or
two that you can't do solo (seahorse in kedge, corruptor in EK) .. Other
than that, the toughest parts are VS Remains, (overkill with 3 groups of 50+
.. he's a wuss and not anything like the real VS) Ulump Pujik in Swamp of No
Hope, (can be done with 2 tank-heavy groups with clerics backing them up)
and the triggered Faydedar. (not sure how hard he is, haven't gotten to that
point yet. ;)

I'm just a Jade Reaver away from my Elaborate Scimitar, (10dam 30del 10wis)
which means that I'll most likely have it next time my guild raids CoM.

The druid epic is easy compared to a lot of other class', but it's because
we're expected to solo a lot of it. In the end, it's very worth it:

Nature Walkers Scimitar
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 30
DMG: 20
STR: +15 STA: +15 WIS: +20 HP: +10
MANA: +90 SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10
SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Effect: Wrath of Nature
WT: 3.0
Class: DRU
Race: HUM ELF HEF HFL

Wrath of Nature is a 1650 DoT and Snare that lasts 3 minutes.

I've known people that have said it's not worth the time or effort to do it,
and that they'll probably get something better with SoL. Now I see everyone
one of them running around with their Epic or Elaborate, saying how awesome
it is/it's going to be. =)

--
Sandjumper Jones
55th Halfling Preserver

Suineko

Aug 21, 2001, 6:14:02 AM8/21/01

You will need to go to burning woods, talk to telin darkforest,
ask him about the forest, then to Greater Faydark and give the
coin to Faylin Bloodbriar, Then to Kithicor and give the coin
to Giz Xtin and run (A reaver will spawn and not like you
much ;) ) then to burning woods and give to telin again THEN to
Althele in EK and kill the corruptor then to misty thicket and
see Ella foodcrafter , then forage your extremely rare roots
from Innothule, Everfrost, Misty Thicket and the Faydark, combine
them in ellas bowl, then go to CoM and get a jade reave rand
then visit Venril Sathirs remains in karnors keep and hand him
a firefly globe. He drains them dead and respawns as a spirit. Give
him a ressurection scroll. He ressurects himself. Kill Venril Sathir,
and loot your pulsing green stone - there'll be two, so a ranger or
druid on the raid can get one too, and THERE, I think, the ranger
and druid epics pretty much diverge and you're on your own. Sorry ;-)

*deep breath*

Oh, I dont think the druids need the shiny tin bowl once done
with it, but if you do you give it to Jael the Wretched in the Hole
to drive him insane so you can ... umn.. kill him...

Sui

Muz

Aug 21, 2001, 4:16:26 AM8/21/01
This particular part of the epic is not that difficult, no large groups
needed here. When I was helping a friend out, we took the corruptor and the
reavers easy with 2 lvl 60 druids and my 53 mage. My pet tanked and I nuked
while one druid dotted and healed the pet, the other rooted and dotted the
reavers for later. We had no close calls with the pc's, the only death was
the pet on the final reaver. Whole thing could only have taken around 10
minutes, the longest wait was for the corruptor to spawn in the first place.
I'm not sure if this is a random timer, but our questor druid had plenty of
time to gate back to the hill top and prepare.

Jallarzi Sallavarian - 53rd Elementalist
Lamanya Sallavarian - 46th Druid
Jallarzee Sallavarian - 24th Cleric
Jalla Sallavarian - 24th Warrior

Morell-Thule server

Crying Freeman

Aug 21, 2001, 8:26:23 AM8/21/01

Drake <dr...@nospam.org> wrote in message

> Then all hell breaks loose. Something named 'Dark Elf Corruptor' appears
> shouting something about everyone dying - RIGHT next to me, oh with a
couple
> of really tough looking 'Dark Elf Reaver's backing him up. I've never
seen
> so many colors on my screen from spell effects - stuff was flying
> everywhere. The DEC went down first and the reavers were rooted off to
the
> side, patiently waiting their turn.

As you've been told part of an Epic quest, I once sat in on part of one in
Kithicor forest (not sure whose, I know the rogues one is there but I
believe another follows a similar pattern) anyway I was waiting to cross
Kith at night and stood around to watch (I was 36th level at the time) they
pulled to High Pass valley and since I'd gotten buffed (guess I must have
fitted in) joined in the fight with the Undead that ended up there, somehow
I actually got the exp on some of the kills (no idea how I managed that but
I did have a serious haste buff to go on my 26/45 2hder)
From what I remember the first attemp failed and I had moved on from there
as day light was coming but it was quite awe inspiring seeing this huge
group of 50 - 60's barking orders. Been part of a few Epic component quests
since, not quite so awe inspiring now, pretty boring really, so much
standing around asking for new buffs as they fade, was much more fun when I
was mid level, not meant to be there and thought Alacrity was the best haste
buff I could get :¬)

CF

Dan Harmon

Aug 21, 2001, 10:52:46 AM8/21/01

> You forgot Venril Sathair's Remains, which will take two to three groups.

Yeah, 2 groups of tank heavy fairly low-level (low 50s) folks. The one time
I did it we had 3 lowish level groups and we just DECIMATED the guy...dead
within 30 seconds.

On Zeb I've heard of him being up quite often, and apparently no big need to
rush over and kill him immediately. After all, the ubers snub druids and
rangers, so you don't have to compete with them. ;)

Dan Harmon

Aug 21, 2001, 11:02:42 AM8/21/01

"Sandjumper Jones" <@> wrote in message

> and the triggered Faydedar. (not sure how hard he is, haven't gotten to
that
> point yet. ;)

Faydedar is a bitch.

Reaver is a bitch if you have no one experienced in that zone...otherwise
they're pretty easy.

When Black Reavers die they will immediately spawn either another Black
Reaver or a KOS ghost or an indifferent ghost (I forget their names, I've
only seen the KOS one in my 5-6 trips there to do reavers). Generally
you'll get around 2 or 3 BRs then the ghost.

With 4 tanks, 2 clerics, a mage and an enchanter we killed *7* Reavers and
the KOS ghost (much easier than a reaver) plus 3 minor annoyances that all
came at us at once. We were all rather shocked that no one died...I don't
recommend doing that. :)

The reaver drop is not very common. It's entirely possible to kill 8 BRs
and not get one reaver. Luckily there are enough BR spawn points (3 I think
but I'm not a puller) and the respawn time isn't horrible (I've heard 90
minutes...can't confirm that) and there's lots of xp critters to kill around
there to spend the time in between...and other epic critters laying about as
well if you know the zone.

Suineko

Aug 21, 2001, 11:38:07 AM8/21/01

>With 4 tanks, 2 clerics, a mage and an enchanter we killed *7* Reavers and
>the KOS ghost (much easier than a reaver) plus 3 minor annoyances that all
>came at us at once. We were all rather shocked that no one died...I don't
>recommend doing that. :)

Lord Ghiosk or somesuch is the KOS one and drops some nice goodies.

Lord Rak Ashiir is the non KOS one. Dont mess with him unless you have
mages with firepets a lot of clerics and everyone out of his AoE range.

He has like a 1500pt fire based AoE that just *decimates* nice tightly
packed groups of tanks. You dont want to hit him if he pops - train
everyone well, drum it into them, that they MUST see which ghost
name popped from the reaver before they hit attack adn if its him
immediately deselect him as a target and back off.

Sui

Lewis Cunningham

Aug 21, 2001, 3:01:59 PM8/21/01

"Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote in message
> sniff about and investigate as do the other doggies heh. I figure what
the
> heck and hide/ctrl-b to make up some mana. Cool place to hang out!
>
> Then all hell breaks loose. Something named 'Dark Elf Corruptor' appears
> shouting something about everyone dying - RIGHT next to me, oh with a
couple
> of really tough looking 'Dark Elf Reaver's backing him up. I've never
seen
> so many colors on my screen from spell effects - stuff was flying
> everywhere. The DEC went down first and the reavers were rooted off to
the
> side, patiently waiting their turn.
>
> After the mop up, the crowd is congratulating one another and I'm sitting
> there just blown away, and can only manage "whoa, what just happened
here?'.

If I had been there they might not have seen me but I bet they would have
smelled me. I'd have had to make a run to the bank for a change of armor.

First time I saw a gnoll reaver on a run thru ek, I freaked. I was invis and
I heard the "half-elves like you". See the reaver, ahhhhhhhhhh! What do I
do? Ahhhhhh! Accidentaly right clicked, he was blue to me and had no SoW.
If he had been red, time for a new pair of patchwork leggings.

Lewis

Joe D

Aug 21, 2001, 4:20:06 PM8/21/01
bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> IMO, epic quests are all
> the same, regardless of the class.... ten thousand people need to
> gather to kill some uber mob.... it strikes me as a bit lame that they
> aren't tailored to each class a little better... everyone shouldn't be
> required to gather together a small army.. there's other ways of
> offering severe degrees of difficulty.

Yeah. Especially when the difficulty of some of the epics is so far out of
whack compared with the other ones. And then there's the Ragefire camp,
which is a hell in a class all by itself.

But some of the epics are really worth it. The cleric rez stick in
particular is so powerful that you have all kinds of anti-social behavior
going on to get it:
http://pub11.ezboard.com/fwelcometothecrimsondragonsgeneralforum.showMessageRange?topicID=2356.topic&start=1&stop=20

Stick an epic-equipped bard in a group with a bunch of tanks, and watch the
swords fly. But my god the effort for this. There's a bard on Povar that
stayed at level 52 for months, leading one Vox raid after another to get
that scale. He finally got it. He also got damned good at leading Vox
raids. I went on several, and they all succeeded, except one where some
idiot trained the ice giants onto the clerics from behind.

After repeatedly going OOM hasting tanks on raids, I'm actively pursuing the
enchanter epic. Only 5 more drops to go, hoping to get 3 of them done by
this weekend. Then all I have to do is go on a lot of Hate and Fear
raids... Sigh.

Joe D
--
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

dneal1

Aug 21, 2001, 4:47:03 PM8/21/01
> Yn erthygl <9ls2n9$1d0$1...@slb0.atl.mindspring.net>, sgrifenws "Davian"
> <dav...@mindspringNOSPAM.com>:

> >You forgot Venril Sathair's Remains, which will take two to three groups.
> >

> Like I said, I'll pass. I have a couple friends that have done it, and
> it's made me lose even interest all the more. IMO, epic quests are all

> the same, regardless of the class.... ten thousand people need to
> gather to kill some uber mob.... it strikes me as a bit lame that they
> aren't tailored to each class a little better... everyone shouldn't be
> required to gather together a small army.. there's other ways of
> offering severe degrees of difficulty.

If I had been the developer, I'd have made it so each epic's end test, be it
battle or otherwise, had to be soloed by the character going for the epic.
It wouldn't be that hard to have some kind of mystic portal that only admits
a member of the appropriate class who hasn't got an epic yet. Then you
could tailor class-specific problems to each epic, tweaking the design ever
so carefully to ensure that winning is the hardest thing you've done to date
but just barely possible. That would make it much more personal and, IMHO,
much more rewarding. I'm much more of a solo player by inclination, though,
so that probably has something to do with it.

TwoHead

Aug 21, 2001, 5:03:04 PM8/21/01

Good but not evil enough. How about a generic zone used for all epics,
spawned independantly when a final item is turned in just like your
scenario. Character is now teleported into this zone alone, and the
final event begins. For some classes perhaps a single creature to be
dealt with, for others a series of creatures to be dealt with, or for
Rogues perhaps a series of creatures and traps to be avoided. Here's
the evil part.... succeed and you receive your epic reward (note: in
this scenario assume all epic rewards are truly epic.), fail and find
yourself at lvl 25 (don't gasp, I started out thinking permanent death
<EG>). Now having that epic in your hands means something. You stood
alone and faced not only the encounter, but your fears. You risked half
your life or more and came out the victor. Yup, that would be the sort
of thing folks might stand back in awe of when they saw you approach
rather than note which guild did the job.

OK, so my idea of fun is not necessarily everyone's idea of fun hehe.
Yes indeed, I can just see my gaming world now....

Welcome to Realm of TwoHead
There are 2 players in the world!
Otherguy shouts: ACK!
There is 1 player in the world!

th

Dan Harmon

Aug 21, 2001, 5:27:15 PM8/21/01

"dneal1" <macmu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> If I had been the developer, I'd have made it so each epic's end test, be
it
> battle or otherwise, had to be soloed by the character going for the epic.
> It wouldn't be that hard to have some kind of mystic portal that only
admits
> a member of the appropriate class who hasn't got an epic yet. Then you
> could tailor class-specific problems to each epic, tweaking the design
ever
> so carefully to ensure that winning is the hardest thing you've done to
date
> but just barely possible. That would make it much more personal and,
IMHO,
> much more rewarding. I'm much more of a solo player by inclination,
though,
> so that probably has something to do with it.

Ya know, this would be a good idea. But hell, my enchanter would settle for
playing a real role in all of his required encounters. There's a few of 'em
where the most I can do is speed the tanks, clarity the healers and get the
hell out of the way until the fight is done.

How sucky is that?

Celaeno

Aug 21, 2001, 6:59:01 PM8/21/01
You will not evade me, Lokari <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net>:

A couple of my guildies are working on getting to that stage, one of
them killed the corruptor yesterday.
It's important for druids and rangers to note that if they help in
this fight before doing the earlier steps in the quest (handing in
coins to a DE in kith forest), the resulting faction hit will make the
DE in Kith dislike them enough to not give them the quest item.
Or so I heard.

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal druid of Erollisi Marr

Suineko

Aug 22, 2001, 6:48:14 AM8/22/01

>Ya know, this would be a good idea. But hell, my enchanter would settle for
>playing a real role in all of his required encounters. There's a few of 'em
>where the most I can do is speed the tanks, clarity the healers and get the
>hell out of the way until the fight is done.
>
>How sucky is that?

Sucky.

On the other hand, almost every class does go through this at one stage in
their career or another, and it always sucks when it happens to you.

Hell, I know the Enchanter-Envy I've felt being a Ranger sometimes and
seeing groups that just will-not-take-anything-but-an-enchanter-no-matter
-what-we'd-rather-sit-at-the-zone-for-four-hours-thankyou. ;-)

Sui

Dan Harmon

Aug 22, 2001, 11:53:36 AM8/22/01

"Suineko" <s...@black.hole-in-the.net> wrote in message

Hehe you're changing the subject. Overall I'm totally 100% pleased with
being an enchanter. It's even easier for an enchanter to get a group from
level 16-38 than it is for a cleric. From 39-59 for xp groups it's about
even. From 50-60 in raid groups it's clerics and warriors who have the
easiest time, though I've almost never known either class to turn down C2
(mana) or AQ (speed) if offered by a departing enchanter. :p

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 22, 2001, 1:36:37 PM8/22/01
Sandjumper Jones wrote:

> I'm just a Jade Reaver away from my Elaborate Scimitar, (10dam 30del 10wis)
> which means that I'll most likely have it next time my guild raids CoM.

You don't really need a guild raid to get the Jade Reaver, just one
good group of mid 50s. That's how I got mine. The hardest part of
this really is to convince the reavers to drop the dang axe! ;)

What we used for my one-group reaver raids was:

--Level 51+ rogue with 201 skill in lock-picking
--Monk, to FD split mobs
--Warrior, Paladin, or Shadowknight to take the abuse from Reavers
--Cleric for the heavy healing/blindness cure
--Enchanter to control the green trash that came with pulls

--And me, of course!

Though if you can get more to help you, that's cool, too!
A couple of times a wizard and a druid friend of mine came
along solo because they wanted to pitch in to help me finish
any way they could.

Btw, respawn time on the reavers is 2 hours, and be prepared to have
to do this more than once, as the reavers can be very, very cheap
about dropping the piece. I spent a month being a Jade Reaver away
from getting both Earthcaller and Swiftwind because of this and
other raid parties beating me to the reaver spawns on a given day.

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 22, 2001, 1:54:38 PM8/22/01
Joe D wrote:

> Stick an epic-equipped bard in a group with a bunch of tanks, and watch the
> swords fly. But my god the effort for this. There's a bard on Povar that
> stayed at level 52 for months, leading one Vox raid after another to get
> that scale. He finally got it. He also got damned good at leading Vox
> raids. I went on several, and they all succeeded, except one where some
> idiot trained the ice giants onto the clerics from behind.

Heh, you must be refering to Azarion, now a 56 bard who joined our
guild recently. I made one of his raids (the one that failed,
ironically) before I got too high to do them, and I was in his final
Epic raid to kill Trakanon. Was a good fight and the first time
both my guild and Arcis (the two main participants in the raid)
killed Trak.

If only one person could ever own the bard Epic weapon, Azarion would
have a hard time finding worthy competition for the right. Besides
being a rather nice guy and skilled player, the sheer dedication and
sacrifices (literally-- hello Mr. Necro, hee hee) he showed to
completing the quest are epic in themselves.

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 22, 2001, 2:00:05 PM8/22/01
Celaeno wrote:

> A couple of my guildies are working on getting to that stage, one of
> them killed the corruptor yesterday.
> It's important for druids and rangers to note that if they help in
> this fight before doing the earlier steps in the quest (handing in
> coins to a DE in kith forest), the resulting faction hit will make the
> DE in Kith dislike them enough to not give them the quest item.
> Or so I heard.

That's a faction hit easy to fix. Just use wolf form when doing the
turn-in in Kithicor. I did several EK fights before getting the coin
from Kithicor.

Joe D

Aug 22, 2001, 3:26:32 PM8/22/01
Anne Michelle Forbes <coppe...@qwest.net> wrote:
> Heh, you must be refering to Azarion, now a 56 bard who joined our
> guild recently. I made one of his raids (the one that failed,
> ironically) before I got too high to do them, and I was in his final
> Epic raid to kill Trakanon. Was a good fight and the first time
> both my guild and Arcis (the two main participants in the raid)
> killed Trak.

That's him! (This is Pasketti, BTW).

And I'm still bummed I missed that Trak fight. I forget what, but I had
some RL thing to go to that night. I get on the next day, and everyone's
all Trak! Trak! Trak! in /gu...

> If only one person could ever own the bard Epic weapon, Azarion would
> have a hard time finding worthy competition for the right. Besides
> being a rather nice guy and skilled player, the sheer dedication and
> sacrifices (literally-- hello Mr. Necro, hee hee) he showed to
> completing the quest are epic in themselves.

And you couldn't find a better example of what's WRONG with the epics,
either. Here's a guy who delayed his progress in the game for months,
because if he got too high, he'd be SOL on Vox, and have almost no chance of
getting any of the other mobs who drop that scale.

Joe D
--
Loves lies in the heart and tells the truth in noone.

dneal1

Aug 22, 2001, 3:36:10 PM8/22/01
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

Interesting idea, but I for one do not have a tenth the necessary time to
recover from a failure like that. I doubt I'll ever have a character who
reaches 50 at all, never mind repeatedly.

Joe D

Aug 22, 2001, 5:20:04 PM8/22/01
bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, the epic rewards are great, and if doing them is
> your thing, more power to you.. just not for me, and I'm not alone
> from what I gather from others I've talked to in the game.

I wouldn't be going for mine, except that I got sick of going OOM from
hasting all the tanks. So I started the epic.

Joe D
--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when
you make it again.

Celaeno

Aug 22, 2001, 7:14:19 PM8/22/01
You will not evade me, s...@black.hole-in-the.net (Suineko):

Druids don't get the shiny tin bowl.

And you left out going to Merdan Fleetfoot in Surefall to discuss his
lovelife, handing him a Rose of Firiona (foraged in FV), getting a
painting, going to Frontier mountains to give painting to a human
skeleton, get locket from skeleton as it desintegrates, going back to
Surefall to give locket to Niera (Merdan's love interest) in order to
get platinum speckled powder to combine with the clay you get for
giving a dwarf the jade reaver and the bowl pattern you get for
running groceries and junk between Felwithe and Timorous deep.

The epics are the same up to the point where you get the two shiny
stones from Ella and VS. The difference is what you do with them and
what follows them (for druids: cleansing the spirits of the world)

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 22, 2001, 7:58:33 PM8/22/01
Joe D wrote:

> Anne Michelle Forbes <coppe...@qwest.net> wrote:
> > Heh, you must be refering to Azarion, now a 56 bard who joined our
> > guild recently. I made one of his raids (the one that failed,
> > ironically) before I got too high to do them, and I was in his final
> > Epic raid to kill Trakanon. Was a good fight and the first time
> > both my guild and Arcis (the two main participants in the raid)
> > killed Trak.
>
> That's him! (This is Pasketti, BTW).

Heya, Cutey-Gnome! Nice to see you outside of Povar and the EZ
Boards! :)

> And I'm still bummed I missed that Trak fight. I forget what, but I had
> some RL thing to go to that night. I get on the next day, and everyone's
> all Trak! Trak! Trak! in /gu...

Heh, yeah, was the same way over in Aquilo too the next day. Kind
of wish I hadn't been blinded 5 seconds into the fight, I barely
got a glimpse of the beast before the world went black. Next thing
I know, I'm shivering in Kael. ;)

Anne Michelle Forbes

Aug 22, 2001, 8:00:45 PM8/22/01
Joe D wrote:
> bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Don't get me wrong, the epic rewards are great, and if doing them is
> > your thing, more power to you.. just not for me, and I'm not alone
> > from what I gather from others I've talked to in the game.
>
> I wouldn't be going for mine, except that I got sick of going OOM from
> hasting all the tanks. So I started the epic.

How far are you into it, Pasketti? Send me a tell if you need
another warm body to haste. ;)

Suineko

Aug 23, 2001, 5:23:17 AM8/23/01
In article <3b83f7ed...@news.world-online.no>, Celaeno wrote:

>Druids don't get the shiny tin bowl.
>
>And you left out going to Merdan Fleetfoot in Surefall to discuss his
>lovelife, handing him a Rose of Firiona (foraged in FV), getting a
>painting, going to Frontier mountains to give painting to a human
>skeleton, get locket from skeleton as it desintegrates, going back to
>Surefall to give locket to Niera (Merdan's love interest) in order to
>get platinum speckled powder to combine with the clay you get for
>giving a dwarf the jade reaver and the bowl pattern you get for
>running groceries and junk between Felwithe and Timorous deep.

Ooops ;) I'll claim I ran out of breath ;)

>The epics are the same up to the point where you get the two shiny
>stones from Ella and VS. The difference is what you do with them and
>what follows them (for druids: cleansing the spirits of the world)

I know ;) My guildie druids stared at me with extreme envy
as I went to collect swiftwind. I need to get up to hate some time
to get earthcaller.

They generally just need to whomp fayd and get the reaver to drop...

Sui

Joe D

Aug 23, 2001, 1:01:09 PM8/23/01
Anne Michelle Forbes <coppe...@qwest.net> wrote:
> How far are you into it, Pasketti? Send me a tell if you need
> another warm body to haste. ;)

I currently need 5 more things. The guy in Cabilis, the Tangrin in FoB, the
ruby from CoM, and the big bottlenecks, the Hate and Fear drops.

If all goes well, I'll get the ruby this weekend, and Drozlin and the
Tangrin sometime in the next week or so. I'm already going on every Hate
and Fear raid that I can.

And I'll keep that offer in mind! heh.

Joe D
--
You will take a chance in something in the near future.

Dilettante

Aug 24, 2001, 9:10:17 AM8/24/01
Dan Harmon <deha...@bigfoot.com> writes:

>Faydedar is a bitch.
>
>Reaver is a bitch if you have no one experienced in that zone...otherwise
>they're pretty easy.

'kin doddle.

>When Black Reavers die they will immediately spawn either another Black
>Reaver or a KOS ghost or an indifferent ghost (I forget their names, I've
>only seen the KOS one in my 5-6 trips there to do reavers). Generally
>you'll get around 2 or 3 BRs then the ghost.

KOS ghost is Lord Ghiosk, indifferent ghost is Vah'Shiir IIRC. Vah'shiir
has to be the dullest fight ever. The last reaver in the tower spawns
the indifferent Neh'Shiir for the mages. He regularly (for me at least)
seems to drop the Ornate Rune Shield, which casters go all funny over.

>The reaver drop is not very common. It's entirely possible to kill 8 BRs
>and not get one reaver. Luckily there are enough BR spawn points (3 I think
>but I'm not a puller) and the respawn time isn't horrible (I've heard 90
>minutes...can't confirm that)

I've heard two hours myself. Plenty of goos and over crap around to
alleviate the tedium.

--
"Door goes up, door goes down..."
Dilettante

Celaeno

Aug 24, 2001, 6:21:51 PM8/24/01
You will not evade me, s...@black.hole-in-the.net (Suineko):

It's nice to know they have the same bottlenecks as me :)