List of XP bonuses

Big Yager

Nov 5, 2003, 2:08:38 PM11/5/03
Is there a master list out there (hopefully on a forum or site) that
lists zones with their corresponding XP bonuses? I've only been able
to dig up this:

Droga increased by 12%
Nurga increased by 12%
Solusek's Eye (SolA) increased by 13%
Najena increased by 13%
Befallen increased by 13%
Paw increased by 13%
Permafrost increased by 13%
Kaesora increased by 18%
Qeynos Catacombs increased by 20%
Runnyeye increased by 20%
Kerra Ridge increased by 20%
The Hole increased by 25%

But these are only the increases SoE has made and not the actual
values themselves (unless these were given the standard bonus prior to
this upgrade).

Thanks.

Graeme Faelban

Nov 5, 2003, 3:36:37 PM11/5/03
odd_...@yahoo.com (Big Yager) wrote in

Snagged off some website I was pointed to from here, don't have the URL.

Acrylia, 90
AirPlane, 75
Akanon, 100
Akheva, 85
Arena, 75
Bazaar, 75
Befallen, 160
Beholder, 75
Blackburrow, 100
Bothunder, 119
BurningWood, 75
Butcher, 75
Cabeast, 75
Cabwest, 75
Cauldron, 75
CazicThule, 85
Charasis, 85
Chardok, 85
CityMist, 85
CobaltScar, 75
Codecay, 119
Commons, 75
Crushbone, 160
Crystal, 85
Dalnir, 75
Dawnshroud, 75
Dreadlands, 75
Droga, 89
Dulak, 85
Drunder, 75
EastKarana, 75
EastWastes, 75
Echoc, 80
Ecommons, 75
EmeraldJungle, 75
ErudnExt, 75
ErudnInt, 75
ErudsXing, 75
Everfrost, 75
FearPlane, 75
Feerrott, 75
FelwitheA, 125
FelwitheB, 125
FieldOfBone, 75
Firiona, 75
FreportE, 75
FreportN, 100
FreportW, 75
FrontierMtns, 75
FrozenShadow, 85
Fungusgrove, 75
Gfaydark, 75
Greatdivide, 75
Griegsend, 90
Grimling, 80
Grobb, 125
Growthplane, 75
GukBottom, 80
GukTop, 150
Gunthak, 85
Halas, 125
HatePlane, 75
Hatesfury, 85
Highkeep, 75
Highpass, 80
Hohonora, 111
Hohonorb, 111
Hole, 100
Hollowshade, 75
Iceclad, 75
Innothule, 75
Jaggedpine, 75
Kael, 75
Kaesora, 100
KaladimA, 125
KaladimB, 125
Karnor, 85
Katta, 85
Kedge, 125
KerraRidge, 100
kerraridge2, 100
Kithicor, 75
Kurn, 150
LakeofIllOmen, 60
LakeRathe, 75
Lavastorm, 75
Letalis, 75
Lfaydark, 75
Maiden, 75
MischiefMaze, 75
Mischiefplane, 75
Mistmoore, 75
Misty, 75
Mseru, 75
Nadox, 75
Najena, 100
Necropolis, 75
Nektulos, 75
NeriakA, 100
NeriakB, 100
NeriakC, 100
Netherbian, 80
Nexus, 75
Nightmareb, 119
NorthKarana, 75
Nro, 75
Nurga, 89
Oasis, 75
Oggok, 100
OOT, 75
Overthere, 75
Paineel, 75
Paludal, 160
Paw, 90
Permafrost, 90
Poair, 119
Podisease, 119
Pofire, 119
Poinnovation, 119
Pojustice, 119
Poknowledge, 75
Ponightmare, 119
Postorms, 119
Potactics, 119
Potorment, 119
Potranquility, 75
Povalor, 119
Powar, 119
Powater, 119
Qcat, 96
Qey2HH1, 75
Qeynos, 75
Qeynos2, 75
Qeytoqrg, 75
QRG, 75
Rathemtn, 75
Rivervale, 100
Runnyeye, 100
Scarlet, 75
Sebilis, 85
Shadeweaver, 75
Shadowhaven, 100
SharVahl, 75
Sirens, 85
Skyfire, 80
Skyshrine, 85
Skyshrine2, 85
Skyshrine3, 85
Skyshrine_Lower, 85
Skyshrine_Upper, 85
Sleeper, 90
SoldungA, 130
SoldungB, 80
Solrotower, 119
SolTemple, 75
SouthKarana, 75
Sro, 75
Sseru, 75
Ssratemple, 100
Steamfont, 75
Stonebrunt, 75
SurefallGlade, 100
Swampofnohope, 75
TempleRo, 75
Templeveeshan, 75
Tenebrous, 75
TheDeep, 85
TheGrey, 65
Thurgadina, 85
Thurgadina1, 85
Thurgadinb, 85
Timorous, 75
Tox, 75
Trakanon, 75
Twilight, 75
Umbral, 90
Unrest, 130
Veeshan, 75
Veksar, 100
Velketor, 85
Vexthal, 75
Wakening, 75
Warrens, 150
WarsliksWood, 75
Westwastes, 85

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Venerable Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons

Phaedra

Nov 5, 2003, 4:14:34 PM11/5/03
Here is some info on the subject.

http://www.rpgexpert.com/441.html

"Big Yager" <odd_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

kaev

Nov 5, 2003, 11:26:41 PM11/5/03
bizbee wrote:

> On 5 Nov 2003 20:36:37 GMT in
> <Xns942A8A74345Bri...@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
> <Richar...@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:

> <snip>
> What is it that these numbers represent, anyway? I've seen this
> before, but had no idea what the score was....

Basic XP formula for mobs is something like (MobLevel * MobLevel * ZEM),
where ZEM is those numbers. The basic result gets modified depending on
mob level relative to player level when awarded (ignoring group XP split
and bonus here). There's a cap on the max award (IIRC the best XP is
for mob level = player level + 2, so red cons give no more XP than high
yellows), a reduction if the mob is light blue, or reduction to zero if
is green, an increase if the player is over L50 and the mob is "close"
to the players level (-4 to +2, or something like that), ... I think
that's all of them.

Oh, so the advantage of knowing those numbers is that if you know that
in zone X the XEM is 75 and in zone Y the ZEM is 100 you'll be able to
get 33% more XP in zone Y for kiling the same level mob. So if mobs
are equally plentiful and killable zone Y lets you gain XP faster over
time than zone X (but if there're 6 bazillion players competing for
spawns in zone Y you might well be able to gain XP faster in zone X).

kaev

Adam Russell

Nov 5, 2003, 11:57:05 PM11/5/03

"bizbee" <tub...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> On 5 Nov 2003 20:36:37 GMT in
> <Xns942A8A74345Bri...@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
> <Richar...@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:
>
> <snip>
> What is it that these numbers represent, anyway? I've seen this
> before, but had no idea what the score was....

That last one is kind of weird. I was under the impression that soe never
gave out that information and it was gotten by player analysis. But you
cant even get xp in the arena afaik. So where did that number come from?

Beal

Nov 6, 2003, 9:53:44 AM11/6/03
"Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<bockb5$1dpinc$1...@ID-122512.news.uni-berlin.de>...

Are there any quests that can be completed in any zone? You usually
need to do a turn-in to a particular NPC in a particular zone, but if
you could do a quest in the Arena, you could determine the ZEM there.
Another way would be to attend an event where exp was earned for a
GM-MOB kill.

In any case, it is also possible that whoever originally created this
list started with a spreadsheet of all zone names and set the
"default" ZEM to 75. Since he found no ZEM for the Arena, he just
left it at the default.

Sean Kennedy

Nov 6, 2003, 10:09:22 AM11/6/03
> "bizbee" <tub...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> >Acrylia, 90
>> >AirPlane, 75
>> >Akanon, 100
>> >Akheva, 85
>> >Arena, 75
>> <snip>
>> What is it that these numbers represent, anyway? I've seen this
>> before, but had no idea what the score was....

The basic formulas for xp go as follows -

Where -
ZEM = Zone Experience Modifier
ML = Mob Level
GB = Group Bonus (1)
HCB = High Con Bonus (2)
N = number of players in group
S = sum of levels in group
PL = player level
B = Base mob xp (3)
XP = Xp awarded to player (4)

(1) For (N=1, GB=1.0; N=2, GB=1.2, N=3, GB=1.4;
(N=4, GB=1.6; N=5, GB=1.8; N=6, GB=2.16)

(2) HCB = 1 if ML < 55 or PL < 50 or PL-ML > 5
else
HCB = 1.95 + ((ML - (PL-5)) * .13)

(3) B = ML*ML*ZEM*GB

(4) XP = B * (PL + 5) / (S + (N*5)) * HCB

Empirically this appeared to be true -

While PL'ing in the Hole (ZEM = 100) I saw the
expected XP gain from the PL'ee's with this formula.

--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang of Lanys T'vyl

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=701866

Graeme Faelban

Nov 6, 2003, 10:27:10 AM11/6/03
Sean Kennedy <x@n.n> wrote in news:Cutqb.1$WS....@news.uswest.net:

First time I've seen the whole thing written out, even though I knew all
the pieces. Nicely done.

Drood918

Nov 6, 2003, 1:50:17 PM11/6/03
Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<Xns942B55FCE5D51ri...@130.133.1.4>...

Based on this formula what is the exp number value for each level? I'm
curious, I have to try this :) This would help so i can figure out how
many mobs till I level :)

Graeme Faelban

Nov 6, 2003, 2:49:48 PM11/6/03
william...@cingular.com (Drood918) wrote in

It's posted somewhere on the web, but I'm too lazy to search it out.

Sean Kennedy

Nov 6, 2003, 2:59:57 PM11/6/03

> Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote in message

Where
PL is Player level
M is the modifier (1)
R is the race penalty

XP to get through a level is
PL*PL*PL*1000*M*R

M is the tricky one.
It used to be that
M = 1 for levels 1-24
M = 1.1 for 25-29
M = 1.2 for 30-34
M = 1.3 for 35-39
M = 1.4 for 40-44
M = 1.5 for 45-50

This caused the famous "Hell Level" effect

To get from 24 to 25 the amount of xp needed (for humans) was
(24^3*1000*1.0*1.0) - (23^3*1000*1.0*1.0) or
13,824,000 - 12,167,000 = 1,657,000

But to get from 25 to 26
(25^3*1000*1.1*1.0) - (24^3*1000*1.0*1.0) or
17,187,500 - 13,824,000 = 3,363,500

Then from 26 to 27
19,333,600 - 17,187,500 = 2,146,100

So, every time the modifier went up, there was a hell level
where you needed to make up the difference in the modifier times
your total xp to that point.

They smoothed this progression out,- the amount of xp to get from an
old hell level to the level just prior to the next one is the same as
it used to be, but it is distributed more evenly so there is no hell
level. The last level needs more xp than it used to, the hell level
less. It's probably done with another modifier based on level, but
I don't know the precise mods.

Silver Wolf

Nov 6, 2003, 9:27:44 PM11/6/03
"Big Yager" <odd_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Here's another site:
http://www.knightsofloyalty.com/expcalc.php

Big Yager

Nov 7, 2003, 10:08:39 AM11/7/03

> Where -
> ZEM = Zone Experience Modifier
> ML = Mob Level
> GB = Group Bonus (1)
> HCB = High Con Bonus (2)
> N = number of players in group
> S = sum of levels in group
> PL = player level
> B = Base mob xp (3)
> XP = Xp awarded to player (4)
>
> (1) For (N=1, GB=1.0; N=2, GB=1.2, N=3, GB=1.4;
> (N=4, GB=1.6; N=5, GB=1.8; N=6, GB=2.16)
>
> (2) HCB = 1 if ML < 55 or PL < 50 or PL-ML > 5
> else
> HCB = 1.95 + ((ML - (PL-5)) * .13)
>
> (3) B = ML*ML*ZEM*GB
>
> (4) XP = B * (PL + 5) / (S + (N*5)) * HCB
>
> Empirically this appeared to be true -
>
> While PL'ing in the Hole (ZEM = 100) I saw the
> expected XP gain from the PL'ee's with this formula.

Excellent stuff. Thanks.

Vladesch

Nov 9, 2003, 12:59:11 AM11/9/03
"Graeme Faelban" <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote in message

Im surprised with some of these values. Airplane, fearplane and hateplane
seem a bit low at 75. Air and hate still need a wizzy to get you there, and
fear IS hard for the average mob level.
Most of the cities have a decent modifier. Kaladim particularly high. (who
hunts in kaladim?)
TheGrey at 65? Hello? Shouldnt that make it at least a little higher than
the average zone?
Veeshan 75? hmm its a hard zone to get to, and its a bad zone to wipe in.
Should be at least 100.
Crushbone 160? I dont see any justification to this.
Guktop 150. I dont see that its all that hard. OK so dungeons are harder,
but I see plenty of dungeons with much less than 150.

Davian

Nov 9, 2003, 3:15:37 AM11/9/03

"Vladesch" <do...@spam.me> wrote in message

> Im surprised with some of these values. Airplane, fearplane and hateplane
> seem a bit low at 75. Air and hate still need a wizzy to get you there,
and
> fear IS hard for the average mob level.
> Most of the cities have a decent modifier. Kaladim particularly high. (who
> hunts in kaladim?)
> TheGrey at 65? Hello? Shouldnt that make it at least a little higher than
> the average zone?

No. The mobs there are actally very easy. It was the first place AE
killing made it's reappearance during luclin.

> Veeshan 75? hmm its a hard zone to get to, and its a bad zone to wipe in.
> Should be at least 100.

Generally not an experience zone. It was added to be a raid zone.

> Crushbone 160? I dont see any justification to this.
> Guktop 150. I dont see that its all that hard. OK so dungeons are harder,
> but I see plenty of dungeons with much less than 150.

They were to solve a problem. Newbies were not going to dungeons, they
were all leveling up single pulling in Lake of Ill Omen. So Verant tried
to make dungeons more newbie friendly. They revamped the rezes so clerics
got them much earlier, added low level summon corpse and low level
evacuates, and last but not least, gave everything considered a "newbie
dungeon"... Crushbone, Blackburrow, Upper Guk, Kurn's Tower, Paudal Caverns,
etc... an absurdly high experience modifier.

--
Dearic - Level 65 Overlord on E'ci
Talynne - Level 61 Assassin on E'ci

Sean Kennedy

Nov 9, 2003, 9:38:31 AM11/9/03
"Vladesch" <do...@spam.me> wrote in

under 30 dungeons all got an extraodinary boost when they put inthe
low level rezes, succors and summon corpse spell. It was part of their
attemp to encourage people to leave the safe old outdoor grind.

42

Nov 9, 2003, 8:55:36 PM11/9/03
Sean Kennedy wrote:

And begin the sale-old indoor grind. :( Most days you can wander CB
entirely unmolested simply because there is almost nothing left to kill.

kaev

Nov 9, 2003, 9:35:54 PM11/9/03
42 wrote:

Well, since nobody in this sub-thread can be bothered to snip, I
guess I'll chime in with a "me too".

:-p

Ben Sisson

Nov 10, 2003, 2:24:18 AM11/10/03
From the shadows, the mysterious kaev <tos...@nottospam.net> (if that
IS his real name) conspiratorially whispered:

I agree.

--

Ben Sisson

1 flask of holy water: $11
1 modified crossbow: $50
1 pointy wooden stake: $1

7 seasons worth of memories of the best show on TV: priceless

Graeme Faelban

Nov 10, 2003, 10:09:43 AM11/10/03
42 <us...@example.net> wrote in news:seCrb.356672$pl3.352434@pd7tw3no:

> Sean Kennedy wrote:
>
>> "Vladesch" <do...@spam.me> wrote in
>>
>>>"Graeme Faelban" <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote in message

<snip huge ass list of zone ZEMs>

>>>Im surprised with some of these values. Airplane, fearplane and
>>>hateplane seem a bit low at 75. Air and hate still need a wizzy to get
>>>you there, and fear IS hard for the average mob level.
>>>Most of the cities have a decent modifier. Kaladim particularly high.
>>>(who hunts in kaladim?)
>>>TheGrey at 65? Hello? Shouldnt that make it at least a little higher
>>>than the average zone?
>>>Veeshan 75? hmm its a hard zone to get to, and its a bad zone to wipe
>>>in. Should be at least 100.
>>>Crushbone 160? I dont see any justification to this.
>>>Guktop 150. I dont see that its all that hard. OK so dungeons are
>>>harder, but I see plenty of dungeons with much less than 150.
>>>
>> under 30 dungeons all got an extraodinary boost when they put inthe
>> low level rezes, succors and summon corpse spell. It was part of
their
>> attemp to encourage people to leave the safe old outdoor grind.
>
> And begin the sale-old indoor grind. :( Most days you can wander CB
> entirely unmolested simply because there is almost nothing left to
kill.

Sheesh people, snip a bit. I mean I realize that every word I post is of
extraordinary importance and all, but...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Venerable Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons

Tainniel Fleabane, Halfling Warrior of 31 seasons
Giluven, Wood Elf Druid of 26 seasons

Graefaxe

Nov 10, 2003, 11:36:59 AM11/10/03

:
: Sheesh people, snip a bit. I mean I realize that every word I post is of

: extraordinary importance and all, but...
:
: --
: On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
: Venerable Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons
: Tainniel Fleabane, Halfling Warrior of 31 seasons

Someone named Fleabane seems to have a heightened opinion of himself... Oh,
a halfling. That explains it.

Tony Evans

Nov 10, 2003, 3:17:05 PM11/10/03
Ben Sisson wrote:

please snd me ur list

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Stan Nicholls [http://www.stannicholls.com]

Graefaxe

Nov 10, 2003, 3:54:09 PM11/10/03

"Tony Evans" <tony@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
:

Oooh... U r l33t (or is that f-33t?).

Rastus

Nov 10, 2003, 10:55:56 PM11/10/03
I believe this is the correct way to troll...

: )

"Graefaxe" <Grae...@hotZZZmail.com> wrote in message

Lewzephyr

Nov 11, 2003, 8:58:30 AM11/11/03
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 01:55:36 GMT, 42 <us...@example.net> blathered:

>Sean Kennedy wrote:

<<<snip extremely long un needed quote>>>

>> under 30 dungeons all got an extraodinary boost when they put inthe
>> low level rezes, succors and summon corpse spell. It was part of their
>> attemp to encourage people to leave the safe old outdoor grind.
>
>And begin the sale-old indoor grind. :( Most days you can wander CB
>entirely unmolested simply because there is almost nothing left to kill.

and this has been this way for how many years? Ever since I've been
playing, this is a big possibility in Crushbone... my point, is that
this has nothing to do with any ZM changes..

42

Nov 11, 2003, 8:25:02 PM11/11/03
Lewzephyr wrote:

You sort-of missed my point. CB has always been pretty much over-camped,
and safe for newborns, as you observed... upping the ZEM on it was
utterly counter-intelligent.

Lewzephyr

Nov 12, 2003, 9:37:40 AM11/12/03
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:25:02 GMT, 42 <us...@example.net> blathered:

>Lewzephyr wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 01:55:36 GMT, 42 <us...@example.net> blathered:
>>>

>>>And begin the sale-old indoor grind. :( Most days you can wander CB
>>>entirely unmolested simply because there is almost nothing left to kill.
>>
>> and this has been this way for how many years? Ever since I've been
>> playing, this is a big possibility in Crushbone... my point, is that
>> this has nothing to do with any ZM changes..
>
>You sort-of missed my point. CB has always been pretty much over-camped,
> and safe for newborns, as you observed... upping the ZEM on it was
>utterly counter-intelligent.

I can see clearly now that the rain is gone....