New magician spells?

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
Just curious if any early achievers have run around and spotted these spells
that are supposed to be in the new patch? What are they, what level, etc.?

Looks like a sweet patch for the enchanters and magicians, heh heh. Better
for soloing also, with the reduced death penalty.

On an unrelated note, I just got off the turnip truck last night in Freeport
and spent 25 pp on a skull I hold in my hand that gives me +20 mana. Was I
"took" or was this a fair price? I had no idea, but it seemed like a cool
thing to have. I've got plats burning a hole in my bank vault.

Jeff K.

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99

>Just curious if any early achievers have run around and spotted these
spells
>that are supposed to be in the new patch? What are they, what level, etc.?

I'm wondering if anyone has any clue about the "minor spells" our elementals
are supposed to cast now. My level 8 earth elemental doesn't seem to cast
any. Is it only at higher levels? That would seem to make sense, since the
level 8 pets are fairly effective throughout the four level cycle - even
with my magician at level 11 his pet serves him very well. Or perhaps earth
elementals don't get the spells since they have the highest HP's and damage
of the lot.... any info at all would be welcomed. :)

Jeff K.
Nystramo on Cazic-Thule
GM
Clan Axepeak

Dan Mendro

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99

My friends Water elemental, kept making himself fade.

Bob Richardson

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
I just picked up a new spell: Staff of Tracing.
It's a lvl 8 Magician Spell, costs 20 mana summons a Magic Staff with Damage
7 delay 40, one more damage and the same delay as a worn great staff.

I bought it in Erudis at the Library, I know it's new because it wasn't
there two days ago when i was checking prices. It also looked like they had
more Higher level weapon summoning spells, as well as the new names for
summon blade and summon spear.

> Just curious if any early achievers have run around and spotted these
spells
> that are supposed to be in the new patch? What are they, what level, etc.?

Jeff K.

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99

Bob Richardson wrote in message ...

>I just picked up a new spell: Staff of Tracing.
>It's a lvl 8 Magician Spell, costs 20 mana summons a Magic Staff with
Damage
>7 delay 40, one more damage and the same delay as a worn great staff.
>
>I bought it in Erudis at the Library, I know it's new because it wasn't
>there two days ago when i was checking prices. It also looked like they had
>more Higher level weapon summoning spells, as well as the new names for
>summon blade and summon spear.

Excellent! One of my few gripes was that magicians could only summon
piercing weapons, which isn't all that useful for your party members who
aren't rogues. If there are some one hand slashing weapons that can be
summoned that would be great news.

David Schrank

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
I looked for summon spells for magicians over level 24 and found a
few
elemental spells above that level now. That's a good thing and was the
most
important fix Imo. Pets seem the same at level 12. Saw a bunch of staff
spells. I
have no idea what they are. this patch has motivated me to play my 15th
level
magician again though. They do seem to listen to input.