Hill Giants

CJBeal

Feb 19, 2002, 12:40:54 AM2/19/02
Is hunting HGs still a good way to make money? I've read suggestions that
the amount of plat for loot from them has been reduced. Any truth to that?

If so, any other suggestions for good places for xp/loot for a ranger around
40 lvl?

Ben Haddick

Feb 19, 2002, 3:22:04 AM2/19/02

"CJBeal" <cris...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

They never have been very good money, all the idiots just get sucked in by
the "OMG he drops a lot of plats" factor, there's a bazillion better ways to
make money out there. Such as crystal caverns geonids, or just hunting
normally to get levels so you can hunt in places like Chardok, Sebilis and
Karnors for the rareish drops and make 4k at a shot selling them.

Max

Feb 19, 2002, 5:09:58 AM2/19/02
I've not heard they drop any less. But they spawn very slowly and there's
usually some competition grabbing them, especially the higher levels just
passing by. I'd rather get a group and go raid some places that give
experience at the same time.

-M

Bill and Diane Bradley

Feb 19, 2002, 7:34:55 AM2/19/02
FWIW, I dropped three hill giants in rathe mountains last night...each had a
fine steel weapon, either a rune or words, and an average of 2pp each...same
I could get from ulthorks WAY easier, or even the myriad giants in great
divide...not worth it in my opinion. On the other hand, the day before I
killed two (had never before and was high enough to solo them now), and one
had 29pp and one had 34 pp...and both had roughly double that in gold...but
I agree with the others here, better ways to make plat that is MUCH less
competitive with others...

Shane Bole

Feb 19, 2002, 7:55:06 AM2/19/02
rangers... I'm not sure, as I havent played them, but there is this hill
giant in OOT named Gornit. He is normal HG levels (I forgot but something
like 32-38) and if im ever going by and hes not camped i just take him cause
im bored... drops normal HG loot, up to 40pp and sometimes a FS weapon. also
good thing to do while reading books, but he has kind of a short spawn
time... like I said, I havent played a ranger before, so give it a shot.
Sharing isnt worth it, you can probably make more money killing stuff in
south karana than that

--

AFK [55 Enchanter] Fabno Licious (Erudite)

Faned

Feb 19, 2002, 11:07:07 AM2/19/02

John

Feb 19, 2002, 11:17:47 AM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:34:55 GMT, "Bill and Diane Bradley"
<sh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>but
>I agree with the others here, better ways to make plat that is MUCH less
>competitive with others...

What's the best way for a lvl 32 Druid (with relatively low-mid WIS)
to make some plat?

Where's the best loot (in a place where I could survive)?

Thanks for any info you can give!

Ben Haddick

Feb 19, 2002, 12:14:47 PM2/19/02

"Shane Bole" <shane0009@remove-this@home.com> wrote in message

> rangers... I'm not sure, as I havent played them, but there is this hill
> giant in OOT named Gornit. He is normal HG levels (I forgot but something
> like 32-38) and if im ever going by and hes not camped i just take him
cause
> im bored... drops normal HG loot, up to 40pp and sometimes a FS weapon.
also
> good thing to do while reading books, but he has kind of a short spawn
> time... like I said, I havent played a ranger before, so give it a shot.
> Sharing isnt worth it, you can probably make more money killing stuff in
> south karana than that

The thing about Gornit is that he's a resistant assed bastard, I had trouble
soloing him at 40 as a druid with above average gear, he'd resist about 75%
of my roots (mana free though,so not that big a deal, just annoying as hell)
and without Ro's fiery sundering he resisted about 40% of my Immolates
(don't even ask about nuking him) and since I can't debuff MR, he resisted
maybe 25% of my Drones of doom (cast, since I'm too low to use my ES arms),
at least he didn't take so long that ensnare wore off though.

Needless to say, it took a LONG time to kill the bastage (as in about 8
minutes) and then med til he spawned again only got me up to 4 bubbles of
mana, so I had to wait with him sitting there to engage again, and keep
getting worried one of the seafurby hunters would gank him.

Oh, not to mention that he kept dropping gimp ass loot (3pp!! w00t!).

Anyway, I've found that the highest end animals in Stonebrunt (Mature/Elder
pandas especially) have about a 25% chance of dropping a very nice gem, I've
gotten black pearls, fire opals and star rubies off of them.

Ben Haddick

Feb 19, 2002, 12:35:17 PM2/19/02

"John" <sp...@spam.com> wrote in message

Well, either get a group for geonids (don't even think about soloing one),
or group for HGs in Rathe, it may not be great but it's money.

Or better yet, just level normally, loot what you can get, and then make
money later.

Or my method, buy cheap shit in EC and sell it for exorbitant prices. (I
love it when idiots sell coldain skin stuff for 1500) the hot sellers that
I've found recently are: (with prices on Tarew Marr)

Cobalt, any piece, especially bracer and boots for the non-rare pieces (IE
the BP and legs) (approx 3-5k per piece on gloves/arms/boots, 5-8k on bracer
and helm, 60-80k on BP, and the legs are NOT sold due to the invis effect,
thus essentially priceless or pay your first, and second born for one if
somebody is selling)
Coldain skin gloves/boots (3k each)
Eboots (slightly tapering off though in demand in the last week or 2) (can
get 3k but usually offers are about 2500)
Fungi tunics (were up to 27k after luclin "nerf", now back down around 22k)
Jade reavers (epic ripoff bastards) (every time I've seen one for sale it's
been around 30k or more)
Jaundiced bone bracer (JBB)(if you have one, ask as much as you can) (I've
seen them as low as 12k, and up to 30k)
Elder Spiritist Arms (ES arms)(paid 2k for mine, I don't trade these, too
rare to buy regularly and I plan to use mine as soon as I make 45)
Centi swords (long or short) also tend to be easy to sell, although they've
fallen a LOT in price lately

At any rate, my equipment is listed at
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=39316
I have no higher level characters, I don't do long camps for rare items, and
the only things that I've been given were the veil and nathsar bracer (the
same person that gave me those items gave an RL friend of mine a sash of the
dragonborn), and I looted the Elder wolf hide and totem of warrior spirit
personally, everything else droppable I've bought in EC. (Granted though, it
does help to have friends who loan you money for quick upgrade buy new
stuff/sell old stuff)

Valien

Feb 19, 2002, 2:43:15 PM2/19/02
>It's reduced after every patch. As a matter of fact, after the next
>patch, when you kill one, 20pp will be taken from your bank account.

LMAO!!!!

<------(--o
Valien Stillwater
Disciple of the 52nd Drunken Bout
Brother of the Lost Circle
<Elementals of Tomonari>
Innoruuk
o--)------>

"[He] lacks the wit and understanding of irony that separates cantankerous from crackpot."
- - Arolpin

Tom

Feb 19, 2002, 3:21:05 PM2/19/02
"bizbee" <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Yn erthygl <u742peo...@corp.supernews.com>, sgrifenws "Ben
> Haddick" <bhad...@SPAMISBADhotmail.com>:
>
> You're telling me that there's places I can make <more> than nearly
> 750pp/hr... and <JUST PLAIN HUNTING> will do this, even though I won't
> see the money until much later when I can do raids... if I can find
> one to go on? What about <today>?
> Great... rare drops, roll for ownership in a group of six... you could
> literally go without EVER winning that 4K item....

750pp per hour? Let's assume 20pp off your average hill giant (there are
lot of poor HGs remember). That means you're killing 37.5 HGs every hour or
one every 96 seconds. Do HGs even spawn at that rate? And it can be done
in competition with all the other little doggies and finger wigglers running
around the mountain top, not to mention the exp groups?

Brian Hance

Feb 19, 2002, 3:40:00 PM2/19/02
<sh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>FWIW, I dropped three hill giants in rathe mountains last night...each had a
>fine steel weapon, either a rune or words, and an average of 2pp each...same
>I could get from ulthorks WAY easier, or even the myriad giants in great
>divide...not worth it in my opinion.

I dropped two giants they other day, and both of them dropped 30ish
plat and a FS weapon. From my observations, they tend to drop plat in
streaks. You'll go for half an hour only getting 3 or 4 plat a kill,
then blammo, they all start dropping 30.

The only problem I see is that if you play during peak hours, Rathe
Mountains are way to competitive. And if a necro is in the zone,
forget about it. One high level necro and two high level druids can
keep the whole HG area totally clean.

--
Brian Hance
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself.

Brian Hance

Feb 19, 2002, 3:57:17 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:21:05 GMT, "Tom" <toms...@att.net> wrote:

>750pp per hour? Let's assume 20pp off your average hill giant (there are
>lot of poor HGs remember). That means you're killing 37.5 HGs every hour or
>one every 96 seconds. Do HGs even spawn at that rate? And it can be done
>in competition with all the other little doggies and finger wigglers running
>around the mountain top, not to mention the exp groups?

Well, there seems to be about 5 HG's up at any given time and they're
on a 6 minute timer (I think!), that would be 40 to 50 HG's an hour.
If you play VERY late it is possible to be the only one there
occasionally.

Now, my druid can't kill all the HG's at once (I haven't tried
quadding them yet..... hurm....) but I've seen necro's do four at a
time without breaking a sweat and ending the fight at BETTER than 50%
mana.

Friggin Necro's.

;-)

Faned

Feb 19, 2002, 4:15:42 PM2/19/02
<bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:34:55 GMT, "Bill and Diane Bradley"
><sh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>FWIW, I dropped three hill giants in rathe mountains last night...each had a
>>fine steel weapon, either a rune or words, and an average of 2pp each...same
>>I could get from ulthorks WAY easier, or even the myriad giants in great
>>divide...not worth it in my opinion.
>
>I dropped two giants they other day, and both of them dropped 30ish
>plat and a FS weapon. From my observations, they tend to drop plat in
>streaks. You'll go for half an hour only getting 3 or 4 plat a kill,
>then blammo, they all start dropping 30.
>
>The only problem I see is that if you play during peak hours, Rathe
>Mountains are way to competitive. And if a necro is in the zone,
>forget about it. One high level necro and two high level druids can
>keep the whole HG area totally clean.

Yeah, until someone who knows how it works comes along and the necro and
both druids run screaming to the zoneline with too many HGs for them to
handle in tow. :)

Jam

Feb 19, 2002, 4:22:59 PM2/19/02
> Cobalt, any piece, especially bracer and boots for the non-rare pieces (IE
> the BP and legs) (approx 3-5k per piece on gloves/arms/boots, 5-8k on bracer
> and helm, 60-80k on BP, and the legs are NOT sold due to the invis effect,
> thus essentially priceless or pay your first, and second born for one if
> somebody is selling)

DAMN, wish cobalt was at those prices on my server. Gloves/arms/boots
are 3-5K, and got those for my warrior, am looking for bracer at the
moment, auctioning 12K cash for them, then had a guy trying to get 30K
fo them, thats WAY over what i wanna pay for a bracer (single one, not a
pair).

> Fungi tunics (were up to 27k after luclin "nerf", now back down around 22k)

Had to pay 30 for mine, still sell for 30-35 on my server. Still dont
think that a small "nerf" like that should warrant a 10K price increase,
but what the hell, needed one.

> Jade reavers (epic ripoff bastards) (every time I've seen one for sale it's
> been around 30k or more)

Hehe, seem them for 18 on my server, but still a lot of money for a epic
drop that are reasonably easy to get.
Just need to convince my guild to go to CoM (hehe, need 4 epic pieces
now, jade reaver one of them, believe it or not).

--
Hesten Gnyffa
Level 52 druid

Nancy Durgin

Feb 19, 2002, 4:37:40 PM2/19/02
In article <fn757uggetf7m2044...@4ax.com>,
bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Yn erthygl <Wvpc8.6$0C1....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
>sgrifenws "Max" <max...@portvista.com>:
>The spawn rate seems to be related to the number of people hunting
>them... when there's no one around, there don't seem to be many
>giants, when the area is crowded, they're all over the place. I don't
>know if this is true, just an observation.

Basically everything that wanders around on the top of the hill in the
middle of the Hill Giant valley (Rathe Mountains) is a Hill Giant
Placeholder. Basilisks, lizards, giant skels, cyclops... If somebody
kills those, there will be plenty of Hill Giants spawning. If nobody
is killing those, then the Hill Giant spawns will peter out.

I spent some time there with my level 60 ranger leveling my low-40's
druid. I just wandered around on the top of the hill killing
everything that moved, and plenty of HG's spawned. Plenty for me and
for the other hunters in the zone.

As I recall when we used to hunt there in my 30's-40's, it was a real
pain to try to kill the basilisks and lizard men, because they would
run and randomly teleport around the zone. I think the pathing in
that zone has been fixed since then, though, since I didn't have any
trouble (granted now they don't really have time to run, since they go
down in a couple swings ;-P

Anyway, the HG spawn rate isn't really a function of how many people are
hunting them, it's a function of how many people are killing the
PH's....

Nancy

--
---
Nancy Durgin

Nancy Durgin

Feb 19, 2002, 7:16:02 PM2/19/02
In article <qpo57ushoboc1coht...@4ax.com>,
bizbee <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Yn erthygl <a4ugj4$frr$1...@usenet.Stanford.EDU>, sgrifenws
>n...@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Nancy Durgin):

>>Anyway, the HG spawn rate isn't really a function of how many people are
>>hunting them, it's a function of how many people are killing the
>>PH's....
>
>That does make sense, except I never kill them, and I've been the only
>person in the zone with a fair giant spawn going on, almost like it's
>on a timer or something. Maybe a combination of the two, or
>something... you know, like if something isn't killed within a certain
>length of time it despawns.. I dunno...

Hmm it's possible certain spawn points always spawn a hill giant or
something, or that they have a really high probability of spawning a
hill giant. I do know that killing the PH's definitely results in a
larger supply of HG's than not killing them.

Ben Haddick

Feb 19, 2002, 7:41:46 PM2/19/02

"bizbee" <tub...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Yn erthygl <u742peo...@corp.supernews.com>, sgrifenws "Ben
> Haddick" <bhad...@SPAMISBADhotmail.com>:
>

> You're telling me that there's places I can make <more> than nearly
> 750pp/hr... and <JUST PLAIN HUNTING> will do this, even though I won't
> see the money until much later when I can do raids... if I can find
> one to go on? What about <today>?
> Great... rare drops, roll for ownership in a group of six... you could
> literally go without EVER winning that 4K item....
>
> I'll stick to Rathe Mts, thanks.

Rathe is fine if I need say 200pp NOW, but for long term plans, I make
around 100 - 300 an hour just hunting (low end usually when solo, higher
with a group). I actually make less than that *trying* to hunt HGs because
of all the fucktards running around on top of that hill.

Besides, on Tarew Marr, Rathe is always filled with a bunch of gimp assed
bastards who feel the need to root every giant up on the hill so no one else
can pull one.

Shane Bole

Feb 20, 2002, 4:56:06 AM2/20/02
wow, I kill that guy so easy... I have a pet but he is known to suck. I cast
tash but I still dont have any trouble if I dont cast. To get past the
wandering sea furies, I just sit near the coast, on that little hill farhter
away from the pirate camp, looking down at Gornit. Only thing I have to
worry about then are buff beggars, but if they come to me its ok... that and
kiters

--

AFK [55 Enchanter] Fabno Licious (Erudite)

"Ben Haddick" <bhad...@SPAMISBADhotmail.com> wrote in message

jaZZmanian Devil

Feb 20, 2002, 7:50:45 AM2/20/02
Tom wrote:
> 750pp per hour? Let's assume 20pp off your average hill giant (there are
> lot of poor HGs remember). That means you're killing 37.5 HGs every hour or
> one every 96 seconds. Do HGs even spawn at that rate? And it can be done
> in competition with all the other little doggies and finger wigglers running
> around the mountain top, not to mention the exp groups?

I think you're forgetting the fine steel drops. Granted, as a Troll I
had a convenience advantage because I could bank/sell in Ogguk, but I
would keep all the FS for our group in weight reducing containers, and
also keep all the gold (not just plat) and sometimes even *silver* that
dropped. Then, when I was totally overweight, just jog over to Ogguk
with Sow and dump all the weapons on a vendor and change everyone's
silver/gold in for plat at the bank. 750 PP per hour might be a tad high
for our experience there, but three of us often would take home over
1000 plat after a few hours in one session.
--
jaZZ md
- - - -

Thurgadin Quest Armor Guide:
http://myweb.servtech.com/~thegeorg/eq/thurgadin.htm

jaZZmanian Devil

Feb 20, 2002, 7:55:54 AM2/20/02
bizbee wrote:
> >Is hunting HGs still a good way to make money? I've read suggestions that
> >the amount of plat for loot from them has been reduced. Any truth to that?
> >
> It's reduced after every patch. As a matter of fact, after the next
> patch, when you kill one, 20pp will be taken from your bank account.

Not exactly, but close. Instead of given the HG's backstab, they gave
them pickpockt. Now, not only will they drop only copper, they will pick
up to 20 plat and other small coin off you during the fight. Then they
won't drop it back when you loot them either.

Mentahurin

Feb 20, 2002, 7:59:50 AM2/20/02

LOLOLOL Riiiiggghhhtttt....
You must have us confused with some girly types like rouges, warriors,
wizzies and the like.
And how many HG would that be to send us screaming to the zone???
3? 4? 5?
Have handled 3 perhaps 4 would be better and thanks for the free pull,
Unless of course they dont bite on the bait and kill you instead.....
That would be nice entertainment

Tom

Feb 20, 2002, 9:11:45 AM2/20/02
> Yn erthygl <tqe57uoqld0ui3cm1...@4ax.com>, sgrifenws
> Brian Hance <bha...@net-prophet.com>:

> >On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:21:05 GMT, "Tom" <toms...@att.net> wrote:
> >
> >>750pp per hour? Let's assume 20pp off your average hill giant (there
are
> >>lot of poor HGs remember). That means you're killing 37.5 HGs every
hour or
> >>one every 96 seconds. Do HGs even spawn at that rate? And it can be
done
> >>in competition with all the other little doggies and finger wigglers
running
> >>around the mountain top, not to mention the exp groups?
> >
> >Well, there seems to be about 5 HG's up at any given time and they're
> >on a 6 minute timer (I think!), that would be 40 to 50 HG's an hour.
> >If you play VERY late it is possible to be the only one there
> >occasionally.
>
> I have no problem making that kind of money (of course, the giants
> need to be there), but then I'm not level 35... the thing that's kind
> of funny is that even if you're only capable of pulling out 200pp/hr,
> or even <100>pp/hr (I should hope three giants an hour wouldn't be too
> much for Tom), you'll be hard pressed to find any other place in the
> game that will be better. Of course the planes and a few other
> high-level zones may do better than 100pp/hr, but I doubt that there
> are any that a level 40 could go to and stay alive.

My 52 paladin with ghetto gear can make about 180pp per hour farming HGs.
And there's almost always competition on my server, even during off-hours.
He can make up to 150pp per hour crawling in Sol A, that's the only other
good spot I've found (having a merchant to offload all that FS and ore helps
immensely). I still think 20pp, including FS, words, and other loot is
about average for HGs but I admit I haven't collected statistics (I'm also
destroying silver and copper and converting the coins to rubies with the gem
merchant in zone so I lose some money there; you druids can just port to
Misty and have a banker right near by :p).

LarryLard

Feb 20, 2002, 9:13:46 AM2/20/02
"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Tom wrote:
> > 750pp per hour? Let's assume 20pp off your average hill giant
(there are
> > lot of poor HGs remember). That means you're killing 37.5 HGs every
hour or
> > one every 96 seconds. Do HGs even spawn at that rate? And it can
be done
> > in competition with all the other little doggies and finger wigglers
running
> > around the mountain top, not to mention the exp groups?
>
> I think you're forgetting the fine steel drops. Granted, as a Troll I
> had a convenience advantage because I could bank/sell in Ogguk, but I
> would keep all the FS for our group in weight reducing containers, and
> also keep all the gold (not just plat) and sometimes even *silver*
that
> dropped. Then, when I was totally overweight, just jog over to Ogguk
> with Sow and dump all the weapons on a vendor and change everyone's
> silver/gold in for plat at the bank. 750 PP per hour might be a tad
high
> for our experience there, but three of us often would take home over
> 1000 plat after a few hours in one session.

As a non-troll you would have had the advantage of using in-zone
vendors, assuming we are still talking about Rathe Mountains =) They
also sell peridots which are useful for 'banking' silver/copper/gold
even at only a small loss.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please.

Rhand Kinslayer

Feb 20, 2002, 9:34:21 AM2/20/02
"Mentahurin" <Menta...@home.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:15:42 GMT, fa...@wyld.wox.org (Faned) wrote:
>
> ><bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote:
> >>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:34:55 GMT, "Bill and Diane Bradley"
> >><sh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

<snip>

> >>The only problem I see is that if you play during peak hours, Rathe
> >>Mountains are way to competitive. And if a necro is in the zone,
> >>forget about it. One high level necro and two high level druids can
> >>keep the whole HG area totally clean.
> >
> >Yeah, until someone who knows how it works comes along and the necro and
> >both druids run screaming to the zoneline with too many HGs for them to
> >handle in tow. :)
>
> LOLOLOL Riiiiggghhhtttt....
> You must have us confused with some girly types like rouges, warriors,
> wizzies and the like.
> And how many HG would that be to send us screaming to the zone???
> 3? 4? 5?
> Have handled 3 perhaps 4 would be better and thanks for the free pull,
> Unless of course they dont bite on the bait and kill you instead.....
> That would be nice entertainment

Oh I've seen a high level necro getting pounded and drop dead a few feet
from where I was because someone was killing a lot of PH's.. Tainted plus
about 6 HG's were there..

/em considers those lizards just shooting practice...

Rhand

Faned

Feb 20, 2002, 11:16:14 AM2/20/02

And why would they kill me? And why would that, even if it were possible,
entertain you?

You have issues.

Ben Haddick

Feb 20, 2002, 11:54:46 AM2/20/02

> wow, I kill that guy so easy... I have a pet but he is known to suck. I
cast
> tash but I still dont have any trouble if I dont cast. To get past the
> wandering sea furies, I just sit near the coast, on that little hill
farhter
> away from the pirate camp, looking down at Gornit. Only thing I have to
> worry about then are buff beggars, but if they come to me its ok... that
and
> kiters
>
> --
>
> AFK [55 Enchanter] Fabno Licious (Erudite)
------- ^^^
Ahem. Yes, Killing green things is easy, usually.

I have no problems with the furbies, its just that gornit himself doesn't
like to die all that fast.
And actually I prefer to sit at the little peninsula just down shore from
the pirate camp, and look across the water to Gornit's spawn point, then
just take a step forward to stand in the water and engage Gornit with snare.

-Martin

Feb 20, 2002, 1:00:32 PM2/20/02
> I have no problems with the furbies, its just that gornit himself doesn't
> like to die all that fast.

Heh weird, my magician finds Gornit much easier then the furbys.. hmm maybe
I'll give them a shot when I next log him on, when I have somebody with me
to bail me out (getting a rez in oot sucks ass!)

-m
brother grandmaster
prexus

James Grahame

Feb 20, 2002, 2:44:37 PM2/20/02

> bizbee wrote:
> > >Is hunting HGs still a good way to make money? I've read suggestions
that
> > >the amount of plat for loot from them has been reduced. Any truth to
that?

> > It's reduced after every patch. As a matter of fact, after the next
> > patch, when you kill one, 20pp will be taken from your bank account.
>
> Not exactly, but close. Instead of given the HG's backstab, they gave
> them pickpockt. Now, not only will they drop only copper, they will pick
> up to 20 plat and other small coin off you during the fight. Then they
> won't drop it back when you loot them either.

Silly Jazz. EVERYONE knows pickpocket loot isn't taken from the player's
loot pool!

James

John M Clancy

Feb 20, 2002, 2:54:59 PM2/20/02

"Nancy Durgin" <n...@Xenon.Stanford.EDU> wrote in message

I can atest to this as well. I joined a group of friends in RM one time
and asked them how the loot was going and they all complained that Verant
'must' have nerfed the giant spawn because they were geting very
few giants. I do a /who all and see there are about 20 people in the zone,
hmm, then I look around and see about 30 trash mobs walking around the hill.
"Hey guys lets take out the trash and see if the giants spawn more" So
we begin a whole sale slaughter and Lo and Behold more giants start
popping! =)

It may have been a coincidence but it at least passed the time between
HG waves if it didn't. Besides those lizards drop bronze weapons. I am
a loot whore and sell everything. With charsima gear and buying and
selling items to the vendors in the zone to convert the copper up I bet
I make 10-15% more money than most people.

--
Go here and click every day:
http://www.thehungersite.com

Joe D

Feb 20, 2002, 3:12:10 PM2/20/02
John M Clancy <sp...@spark.com> wrote:
> I can atest to this as well.

M3 T00!

When I was around level 19 or so, I discovered that I could easily solo the
basilisks in HG valley with my pet. Great experience, and was just the
booster I needed to start playing the enchanter more often.

The fun thing was that after I'd been doing it for an hour or so, the hill
giants started getting more and more common. People in the zone were
actually /shouting about the amazing number of hill giants.

Joe D
--
Everything is a figment of your imagination...

Sean Kennedy

Feb 20, 2002, 6:23:04 PM2/20/02
"Tom" <toms...@att.net> wrote in

I can tell you that gornit averaged 25pp (includinge PP, GP and
FS, all silver and other junk destroyed). I averaged 9 gornits
an hour (less than 1 min kill time) I was there long enough to
put together 6k for my T-boots. I averaged 225pp an hour.

As I side effect I went from 1/2 bub into 44 to 3.5 bubbles into
45.

Ben Haddick

Feb 20, 2002, 6:33:26 PM2/20/02

"-Martin" <Martin...@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in message

Er, actually I meant I had no problems evading the furbies, I don't bother
killing them, the loot isn't that remarkable.

Morelyn

Feb 21, 2002, 8:48:04 AM2/21/02

I've been hunting the seafuries recently and the loot _can_ be quite
good. They'll drop those 50+ pp gems or jewelry maybe one time in six
(rough guess). Get lucky and you'll come away with a nice chunk of
change.

Eric F

Feb 21, 2002, 12:17:34 PM2/21/02
"Mentahurin" <Menta...@home.com> wrote in message

Ahem. At 51 my Wizard could quad them. I hate the terrain though and it's
often too crowded.

Anyone

Feb 20, 2002, 1:24:29 AM2/20/02
I can take my mage there at lvl 51 and make 400 - 600 an hour IF its late at
nite. I never proven this but it seems like the HGs drop more pp around 4 am
EST. Plus I summon weight reduction bags so I can loot all the FS weapons
and sell them. And yes I can take on more than one at a time. Basically I
let the pet solo and keep the pet well buffed. Usually its non stop killing
for about 30 minutes then time to med up again.
Personally when I just want quick easy cash I do this. I do not like sitting
in GF try to sell stuff, and I still occasionally get XP off of these guys.
Another nice site is the grimling caves in Katta, the gems and runes sell
quite well not to mention what tailors will pay for the ore.

"Tom" <toms...@att.net> wrote in message