Shaman Pet Question

Ben

Feb 28, 2001, 6:59:26 AM2/28/01
I'm fast (ahem) approaching 34 when I finally get the kind of pet you can
rely on not to turn around and bite you. The question is, is there any point
in giving a shaman doggie weapons?

Cheers
Ben

Damina

Feb 28, 2001, 7:56:43 AM2/28/01
Only if you just don't feel like destroying it or dropping it... or if
you're encumbered... as far as I know, no weapons will help the doggie
pet... just buff him up and give him some speed. ;)

"Ben" <ben.r...@REMOVETHIS.mailcity.com> wrote in message

Loremaster

Feb 28, 2001, 11:33:15 AM2/28/01
If the shaman pet works like the necro one, then you need to know what the
pet's natural delay is. Equipping it with a weapon won't increase the damage
which is fixed, but equipping it with a faster delay weapon than its natural
delay may speed up its combat. I suggest you check this out on a shaman
board such as at eqshaman.com

Loremaster

"Ben" <ben.r...@REMOVETHIS.mailcity.com> wrote in message

Sean Kennedy

Feb 28, 2001, 8:04:10 PM2/28/01

Loremaster <lorem...@spam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> If the shaman pet works like the necro one, then you need to know what the
> pet's natural delay is. Equipping it with a weapon won't increase the
damage
> which is fixed, but equipping it with a faster delay weapon than its
natural
> delay may speed up its combat. I suggest you check this out on a shaman
> board such as at eqshaman.com
>
> Loremaster

This is incorrect, weapons no longer affect a pet's
delay. As far a damage goes, if the weapon has
a greater damage than 1/2 of your pet's max damage,
then the weapon will boost their damage, otherwise
it doesn't do anything. Finally, for mage pets summoned
with the 24, 29 and 34 spells, they need 2 1handed weapons
to dual wield, for necros I believe it's the 29 and34 pets
only.

Sergey Dashevskiy

Mar 1, 2001, 1:23:25 AM3/1/01
In article <BH9n6.2247$GB4....@news11-gui.server.ntli.net>,
lorem...@spam.ntlworld.com says...

> If the shaman pet works like the necro one,

They don't. Dogs don't dual wield :(

> then you need to know what the
> pet's natural delay is. Equipping it with a weapon won't increase the damage
> which is fixed,

Actually it can for a necro pet, if you find a weapon with base damage
higher than half of pet's normal damage. At mid and high levels that is
close to impossible, but at low levels it's very helpful (giving axe of
iron black to a level 4 pet is awesome)

> but equipping it with a faster delay weapon than its natural
> delay may speed up its combat.

It was fixed about half a year ago and does not work any more. The only
way to decrease the delay of the pet is to cast some haste type spell on
it

Theldios

Mar 1, 2001, 2:19:12 AM3/1/01
Too bad none of that pertains to shaman pets as our pets do not use weapons
at all just keep it nice and buffed and it will do it's job just fine.

Jamar Darkmoon
Shaman of the 45th circle
Luclin

"Sean Kennedy" <kse...@NOSPAM.uswest.net> wrote in message

Matt Frisch

Mar 1, 2001, 5:03:43 PM3/1/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:04:10 -0800, "Sean Kennedy"
<kse...@NOSPAM.uswest.net> scribed into the ether:

>Loremaster <lorem...@spam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> If the shaman pet works like the necro one, then you need to know what the
>> pet's natural delay is. Equipping it with a weapon won't increase the
>damage
>> which is fixed, but equipping it with a faster delay weapon than its
>natural
>> delay may speed up its combat. I suggest you check this out on a shaman
>> board such as at eqshaman.com
>>
>> Loremaster
>>

>This is incorrect, weapons no longer affect a pet's
>delay. As far a damage goes, if the weapon has
>a greater damage than 1/2 of your pet's max damage,

All of this being totally irrelevant, since shaman pets are incapable of
using any kind of weapon period.