Abashi: ENCHANTERS EXIST TOO!

Michael Jacobs

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Why have all the posts about the change to pets made by Verant and Abashi
only focused on the Necros and Mages. There are 3 int-based pet users and
yet because Enchanters didn't scream our heads off on every b-board in site
we get ignored??

Enchanter Animations are the weakest pets around and now they get WEAKER?
Why don't enchanter pets get some nice new ability like the proc'd powers of
the necor 44+ pets? Necros complain and they get a whole new line of spells
in the next patch and Enchanters get no compensation whatsoever??

Beyond pets we have other major issues that we all presumed Verant was aware
of and was fixing on their own timescales but I'm beginning to think Verant
has forgotten us.

1) Item Enchantment : The spells (mana series of potions) were aded for this
MONTHS ago, yet no actual item enchantments exist bar the test case (Wu's
Fighting gauntlets). Furhtermore the Wu's gauntlets were a BAD
implementation as the recipe and obtaining the materials are more complex
than 50% of the quests in the game and yet result in a worthless item.
While super powerful item enchantments at level 49 SHOULD recuire obtaining
exotic materials and take on a quest-like atmosphere...the level 12 item
shouldnt require the resources of a level 40+ encahnter to do.

2) Speed buffs. With the proliferation of Haste items in the game (every
melee class gets an ultra haste item in Sky plus all the other swords, belts
etc) and the existance of the Haste "cap" which prevents weapons from
getting any faster after a certain point the Encahtner Quickness series
(Quickness, Alacrity, Celerity, Swift like the Wind) is rapidly becoming
useless. There isnt a single tank with level 49-50 equipment who actually
benefits fully from having Swift like the Wind cast on them instead of
Celerity or Alacrity or Augmentation. Swift like the Wind has been turned
from the ultimate attack buff into a waste of mana unless you cast it on a
person wearing newbie equipment. There seems little point in making anymore
"speed" buffs for the 50+ expansion unless this haste cap is made more
forgiving (i.e. allowing Spells to push someone past the barrier that exists
from item benefits)

3) Mem blur effects : One of the classic enchanter abilities and now
rendered useless as the one high level zone where it could be used to good
effect (Plane of Sky) the spells are uncastable. Reocurring Amnesia (Even
though it was pathced a week ago) STILL doesnt do more than one memory blur
pulse. I can punch a snake for 1 damage, cast Reoc on it and it stops
attacking just like with mem blur. I immediately hit the snake again for 1
point and it never gets blurred again!!! The spelll lasts for 30 seconds
yet only does 1 actual memory blurring pulse!
Then we have the area effect Mem blur spells at level 39 and 49 which are
IDENTICAL in effect. Blanket of Amnesia would be useful as the ultimate
crowd control if it was mem blur + AE mesmerize...instead its just a AE
mesmerize thats slightly larger in effect than the level 39 spell. The
level 39 spell already being large enough to affect any decent sized battle
already. Furhtermore the effect on the AE mem blurs are not simultaneous
and so useful in many situations.

Example : I cast Blanket of Forgetfullness on a battle which is going badly
and in which clerics are getting attacked instead of tanks. The three mobs
efected are effected in sequential order so Mob 1 gets blurred then mob 2
gets blurred a micro second later but mob 1 NOTICES this spell attack on Mob
2 and so attacks me as I'm the only person on his hate list now. End result
is that Area effect mem blur makes one mob (the last effected) clear its
memory and attack the nearest fighter and ALL THE REST are now aggr on the
enchanter who cast the spell and promptly kill him/her.

4) Illusions : Everytime we enchanters figure out how to use an illusion to
deceive a mob and act as a scout by carefully using faction spells + natural
faction + illusions this ability gets removed!!! What great damage were
non KOS encahnters using illusion magic causing in Hate? Was killing
dragons SOOO much easier because Enchanters could walk around one by
clouding its mind? Illusions were a powerful and SUBTLE tool that have been
reduced to comedy relief only. The only truly useful illusions now are Air
and Water elemental because they give personal levitation and water
breathing without reagents needed. Illusion werewolf is an impressive
fighting buff...pity its castable only on self ... does Verant expect 44+
enchanters to melee??

5) Mana debuffs. LONG AGO we had our Mana Sieve spell nerfed because it was
too powerful in PvP play. Then later all spells were changed for PvP in a
broad sweep yet Mana Sieve remains useless for anything but PvP play. NPCs
have a nearly limitless mana supply and regen mana VERY fast. Mana Sieve
should be a VERY VERY powerful debuff when cast on mobs to account for this
huge NPC mana pool and the regen rate of NPC casters.

6) RUNE and Berserker spirit spells. These got a "appearance nerf" MONTHS
ago when the "Magical skin" combat message were removed. Now we can't tell
when were getting hit but the Rune is protecting us because we see NO
MESSAGE. Furthermore we cast this spell on tanks and they also receive no
message that indicates its working. I know his hit points arent dropping
like a rock because the mob is chewing away at the Rune...yet for all the
tank knows he's just not getting hit.
Berserker spirit recently got changed froma 250 point rune-like effect to a
200 point effect and NO MESSAGE appeared in the patch text to indicate it.

So Gordon, Brad, Verant in general. Were you planning on EVER addressing
these issues. Do we have to scream like bloody banshees to get some of
these things to get looked at? Some of them are MINOR things (the magical
skin messages) while others are Long Term things that seem stalled (Item
Enchantment) and others are a case of Enchanters being overlooked
(Animations getting hurt by the recent change when already the weakest pet)

andrus

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
because you can still solo ghoul arch magi in lower guk. so shut up!,
before you get nerfed.

AD

M Lawrence

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Great post! Ignore the moron crying about the ghoul magi. Big fucking
deal. I doubt the ass even read through your whole post!

Brian Pass

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
I agree totally. I have a level 11 Enchanter who discovered last night
that
my Mircvl's Animation pet is now green to me. I am now having trouble
dealing with blue mobs and we all know how popular Enchanters are in
low level groups (NOT).

--
--------------

Brian Pass
photonic at mediaone dot net
to reply remove _brian from my address in the reply field
Michael Jacobs <mja...@astro.umn.edu> wrote in message

Moira

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Then there is the problem of enchanters being told not to charm creatures in
highly camped areas by GM's on Mithaniel Marr (construed as Kill Stealing in
an FFA area and apparently merits a slap on the wrist).- So bad pets, can't
use charm - tons of fun!

Brian Pass <photoni...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Antheus

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
I'm enjoying lvl 15 .. really great lvl to have a useless pet and a
useless charm spell =)

Antheus
Samare
Quelliuos

Sergey Dashevskiy

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
In article <aWYk4.115$l%1.2...@news.uswest.net>, mja...@astro.umn.edu
says...

> Why have all the posts about the change to pets made by Verant and Abashi
> only focused on the Necros and Mages. There are 3 int-based pet users and
> yet because Enchanters didn't scream our heads off on every b-board in site
> we get ignored??
>
> Enchanter Animations are the weakest pets around and now they get WEAKER?
> Why don't enchanter pets get some nice new ability like the proc'd powers of
> the necor 44+ pets? Necros complain and they get a whole new line of spells
> in the next patch and Enchanters get no compensation whatsoever??

Actually enchanter animations have very close to maximum damage output
of all pets. They are mainly not used very much because they cannot be
controlled. That can cause some major problems in dungeons
Necros and mages main speciality is pets. That's why they are the only
ones that get focus objects. Without a pet they are pretty much as good
as not there :) Enchanters are mostly used for their buffs and crowd
control, maybe secondary DoTs, but not summoned pets :)

Erik Halvorsen

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:44:01 -0500, Sergey Dashevskiy
<xi...@tcimet.net> wrote:

>In article <aWYk4.115$l%1.2...@news.uswest.net>, mja...@astro.umn.edu
>says...

>> Why have all the posts about the change to pets made by Verant and Abashi
>> only focused on the Necros and Mages. There are 3 int-based pet users and
>> yet because Enchanters didn't scream our heads off on every b-board in site
>> we get ignored??
>>
>> Enchanter Animations are the weakest pets around and now they get WEAKER?
>> Why don't enchanter pets get some nice new ability like the proc'd powers of
>> the necor 44+ pets? Necros complain and they get a whole new line of spells
>> in the next patch and Enchanters get no compensation whatsoever??
>

>Actually enchanter animations have very close to maximum damage output
>of all pets. They are mainly not used very much because they cannot be
>controlled. That can cause some major problems in dungeons
>Necros and mages main speciality is pets. That's why they are the only
>ones that get focus objects. Without a pet they are pretty much as good
>as not there :) Enchanters are mostly used for their buffs and crowd
>control, maybe secondary DoTs, but not summoned pets :)

Maybe we like to group, and buff some once in a while, but not all the
time, would have been good to have something better then. Why is there
so few of us at higher level around? Cause very few have the time
required and patience to play the enchanter, We make others look good,
but suck ourselves. I guess the average enchanter have more than 70
days played to get to level 50, leaving very little time for trying
out other classes and having fun in general.

Erik Halvorsen

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
Thanks for explaining that, do we have any other non-enchanters there
that wants to explain why our pets suck, and what we are used for?

Or maybe a level 1-12 enchanter want's to tell us why we are totally
overpowered with Charm, and clarity?

Thanks thanks and thanks.

Hedda Casanovadottir
(bows her way out of there backing, with a wide smile plastered all
over her face in blissful gratitude that her oracle has spoken)

<xi...@tcimet.net> wrote:

>In article <aWYk4.115$l%1.2...@news.uswest.net>, mja...@astro.umn.edu
>says...

>> Why have all the posts about the change to pets made by Verant and Abashi
>> only focused on the Necros and Mages. There are 3 int-based pet users and
>> yet because Enchanters didn't scream our heads off on every b-board in site
>> we get ignored??
>>
>> Enchanter Animations are the weakest pets around and now they get WEAKER?
>> Why don't enchanter pets get some nice new ability like the proc'd powers of
>> the necor 44+ pets? Necros complain and they get a whole new line of spells
>> in the next patch and Enchanters get no compensation whatsoever??

Corey Nelson

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
>I guess the average enchanter have more than 70
>days played to get to level 50

Not at all true, a friend on Xegony has around 30!
Corey

Osmosis

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
the <average> enchanter, not the powergaming enchanter...

Cogg - level 36, 52 days played

On 01 Feb 2000 18:40:21 GMT, rpgma...@aol.com07NOSPAM (Corey Nelson)
wrotf:

Nick Adams