New shrink item and shamans.

Derek J. Ludwig

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
How about Shrink potions

CG wrote:

> 2nd hand quote from EQStratics from Gordon:
>
> "Yes, we are going to put a shrink item in the game. Furthermore, it will
> allow you to shrink anywhere, not just in dungeons. We'll announce more
> details when it's in Test."
>
> Two suggestions:
>
> 1) If an item will allow shrinking everywhere, please allow the shaman
> shrink spell to shrink anywhere.
>
> or
>
> 2) If that would be unbalancing/strange. (I remember Brad saying that shrink
> was going to be limited because it looked stupid.), then make it a
> self-only spell outdoors. Meaning for example, bind affinity can be used
> on yourself anywhere, but on others only in cities. Make shrink usable on
> yourself everywhere and others only in dungeons.

CG

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00

Roadkill

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
dlu...@xnet.com (Derek J. Ludwig) wrote in <3885F95B...@xnet.com>:

>How about Shrink potions

With a note that says "Drink Me". :)

Roadkill

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00

Lyion

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
In addition it'd be nice to get an Infra/Ultra item for humans.
Especially since GLs or any type of light device doesn't work outdoors.

I realise Cold/Heatstones are summonable, but its not always possible
to find a Magician.

Nan Wang

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
Lyion <rscottN...@senco.com.invalid> wrote:
> In addition it'd be nice to get an Infra/Ultra item for humans.
> Especially since GLs or any type of light device doesn't work outdoors.

> I realise Cold/Heatstones are summonable, but its not always possible
> to find a Magician.

There are infravision items in the game.

Deven Peterson

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00

Lyion wrote in message <004aa0e3...@usw-ex0107-042.remarq.com>...

>In addition it'd be nice to get an Infra/Ultra item for humans.
>Especially since GLs or any type of light device doesn't work outdoors.

There already is :) Its called a glowing band. Ring slot item that allows
infravision.
Got one before I even considered making a non-infra having class, it just
sucks to much to be blind.

Ren of the 39th song

Dorian Brytestar

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
Hehe, I am just waiting for the posts saying that they have nerfed shamans because of
the shrink item..
--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 45 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
"CG" <C@G> wrote in message news:s8btjtp...@news.supernews.com...
:
: 2nd hand quote from EQStratics from Gordon:
:
:
:
:
:
:

WolfStar

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

"Nan Wang" <nw...@shore.net> wrote in message

> Lyion <rscottN...@senco.com.invalid> wrote:
> > In addition it'd be nice to get an Infra/Ultra item for humans.
> > Especially since GLs or any type of light device doesn't work outdoors.
>
> > I realise Cold/Heatstones are summonable, but its not always possible
> > to find a Magician.
>
> There are infravision items in the game.

Also Ultravision items are in the game

Elod

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:23:02 -0800, "Dorian Brytestar"
<ri...@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hehe, I am just waiting for the posts saying that they have nerfed shamans because of
>the shrink item..
>--
>Dorian Brytestar
>Lvl 45 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
>Povar
>"CG" <C@G> wrote in message news:s8btjtp...@news.supernews.com...
>:

If they make the shrink item work anywhere, but leave the spell as is,
then they have nerfed us...

Alasdair Allan

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Elod <Ro...@bleat.com> wrote

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:23:02 -0800, "Dorian Brytestar"
> <ri...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >Hehe, I am just waiting for the posts saying that they have nerfed
shamans because of
> >the shrink item..
>

> If they make the shrink item work anywhere, but leave the spell as is,
> then they have nerfed us...

Don't worry.

Latest word is that the Shrink Potion is a Shaman Alchemy product, the herb
will cost 250pp to make it and it will require a high skill level to
succeed.

So, basically, they may as well not have bothered.

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism

Jeremy Music

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Alasdair Allan <posth...@x-static.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Elod <Ro...@bleat.com> wrote
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:23:02 -0800, "Dorian Brytestar"
>> <ri...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hehe, I am just waiting for the posts saying that they have nerfed
>shamans because of
>> >the shrink item..
>>

>> If they make the shrink item work anywhere, but leave the spell as is,
>> then they have nerfed us...
>
>Don't worry.
>
>Latest word is that the Shrink Potion is a Shaman Alchemy product, the herb
>will cost 250pp to make it and it will require a high skill level to
>succeed.
>
>So, basically, they may as well not have bothered.

Alchemy is still broken. My ogre would not pay more than 5pp for a shrink.
Granted, my ogre is both poor and cheap, but if they can't get a shrink
potion able to be made for less than 10 or 15pp no ogre is going to buy them
and who else is a shaman supposed to sell them to? I'm hesitant to ask what
a SoW potion costs to make. If a SoW potion could be made for 10pp, maybe
even 15pp, and then sold for 20pp or so I think there would be a good player
market for them, but if it's another 250pp potion, why bother. Just /shout
"Ogre wants a shaman to shrink and sow for the next 3 hours, 250pp." Much
more cost effective.

Wyld Knight - wyld.qx.net 3333
http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo
re...@lords.com

Paul Phillips

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Yep, it's worthless. I still see no reason to even invest a single pp
in Alchemy at this time. Sorry, but Alchemy should be cheaper.
Paul

Alasdair Allan wrote:
> Don't worry.
>
> Latest word is that the Shrink Potion is a Shaman Alchemy product, the herb
> will cost 250pp to make it and it will require a high skill level to
> succeed.
>
> So, basically, they may as well not have bothered.
>

> --
> Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
> x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism
> X-Static's Rangers Webzine |Scotland - Country where Smith developed
> http://www.x-static.demon.co.uk/ | the basis of Capitalism

--
----------------------------
When I feel a bit naughty

CG

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

> So, basically, they may as well not have bothered.

Then the simultaniously turned all drops of steel weapons into fine steel
weapons, making all these money sinks significantly more expensive.

CG

CG

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

> If they make the shrink item work anywhere, but leave the spell as is,
> then they have nerfed us...

The shrink item is going to be a potion created for alchemy. It can be used
anywhere its needed. They didn't want it to become a "show off" spell.

CG

CG

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
> even 15pp, and then sold for 20pp or so I think there would be a good
player
> market for them, but if it's another 250pp potion, why bother. Just
/shout
> "Ogre wants a shaman to shrink and sow for the next 3 hours, 250pp." Much
> more cost effective.

For 250pp, any level 20 shaman would happily be your SOW whore for an
evening's worth of play. ;)

Jeremy Music

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00

Exactly.

Alasdair Allan

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
CG <C@G> wrote

Prohibitively to those who might roleplay just a little and don't slay
friendly Dwarves for hours just because they have phat lewt.

mida...@my-deja.com

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
In article <s8enbjm...@news.supernews.com>,

"CG" <C@G> wrote:

> > So, basically, they may as well not have bothered.
>
> Then the simultaniously turned all drops of steel weapons
> into fine steel weapons, making all these money sinks significantly
> more expensive.

They didn't turn all drops of Steel into Fine Steel.

My young troll just looted a "steel" longsword off of an abandoned
basher corpse last night.

Evidently, Verant only wants the druids who kite Bashers to get rich
quick, not the druids who kite Watchmen and Dwarven women. Go figure.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

CG

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00

> > Then the simultaniously turned all drops of steel weapons into fine
steel
> > weapons, making all these money sinks significantly more expensive.
>
> Prohibitively to those who might roleplay just a little and don't slay
> friendly Dwarves for hours just because they have phat lewt.

Yeah, they really phrased that patch wrong. I originally thought that all
steel was removed to slow down plat into the world, then I find out its
really hurting druid kiters the most. ;P

I'm glad they slowed down the Dwarfocide.

CG

RoccoS

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:48:37 GMT, mida...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Evidently, Verant only wants the druids who kite Bashers to get rich
>quick, not the druids who kite Watchmen and Dwarven women. Go figure.

Well....

In the case of the watchmen, at least, players DIE because of the
guards being attacked.

I've killed my share of bashers (not kiting, I play a shaman and don't
need to), and have never seen a single troll player die because of it.

Alasdair Allan

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
CG <C@G> wrote in article <s8pib6...@news.supernews.com>...

> > Prohibitively to those who might roleplay just a little and don't slay
> > friendly Dwarves for hours just because they have phat lewt.
>
> Yeah, they really phrased that patch wrong. I originally thought that all
> steel was removed to slow down plat into the world, then I find out its
> really hurting druid kiters the most. ;P
>
> I'm glad they slowed down the Dwarfocide.

For some reason I am hearing that the Steel weapons still drop. Dunno if
its a mistake on Verant's part or bad coding but it looks like someone
fucked up.

George Ruof

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
"Alasdair Allan" <posth...@x-static.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>CG <C@G> wrote in article <s8pib6...@news.supernews.com>...
>
>> > Prohibitively to those who might roleplay just a little and don't slay
>> > friendly Dwarves for hours just because they have phat lewt.
>>
>> Yeah, they really phrased that patch wrong. I originally thought that all
>> steel was removed to slow down plat into the world, then I find out its
>> really hurting druid kiters the most. ;P
>>
>> I'm glad they slowed down the Dwarfocide.
>
>For some reason I am hearing that the Steel weapons still drop. Dunno if
>its a mistake on Verant's part or bad coding but it looks like someone
>fucked up.

Maybe they "forgot" to export the data again.

--
George Ruof
gr...@pacificnet.net

Gamma