Dark Pact

mida...@my-deja.com

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
This is not a whine, but a request for info and feedback from those
with more information.

On "Patch Day" I logged in as my little necro and experimented
with some of my spells, just like a lot of other people. Most
of the spells appeared to work as advertised in the patch message,

but...

I noticed that when I cast "Dark Pact" I did not take damage
while meditating. Previously, I would take 2 hps per tick while
sitting. Now I take none. I assume the damage portion of the
spell has been cut in half from 4 hps per tick to 2, so that while
sitting, no damage is taken or regenerated.

I have two questions. Can anyone tell if the mana regeneration
portion of the spell has been reduced (nerfed)? I never payed
scrupulous attention to the time difference in mana recovery with
or without the spell while meditating, so I really can't tell.

Verant's next day "emergency" patch message claimed that no spell
effects had changed other than those listed in the previous day's
message, but that some damage effects would change for spells cast
by a PC on himself due to the reduction of spell damage in PVP
situations. Needless to say, I find it hard to believe that PVP
spell damage has been cut in half. I suspect Verant has tinkered
with the Dark Pact spell (series?) deliberately, but simply forgot to
include the change in the patch message.

My other question, of course, is whether anyone seen any changes in
the higher level spells in the same series, such as "Allure of Death".

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Cpl. Punishment

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
To my knowledge the spell damage in PvP situations had been reduced.
Oddly enough this includes self casting so now self casting is no longer
an accurate was to test a spells effectiveness. Unless you're testing for
PvP purposes.)