Halfling Quest(ion)

Richard Ashkettle

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
The squad ring gives ya a slight bit of regeneration. It's not great, but
it REALLY does improve your faction in Rivervale. BTW, it takes a bit more
than 500 beads/sashes to succeed, and remember that killing ol' Gunrich
lowers that faction rating considerably. I didn't know that at first, and
spent a long time recovering from all the times I killed the poor bugger.

Craig wrote in message <36FFD491...@home.com>...
>Has anyone completed the squad ring quest (killing all the goblins
>turning in the war beads)? Is it worth the effort???????
>
>Fyggin (on Povar)

ken

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
It require few hundred kills, and remember that journey is part of reward.

Craig

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99

Craig

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Ok, let me ask you this. When I turn in 10 beads, the old sheriff
there doesn't acknowledge some of them (about 70%). But I have noticed
that now when he does ackowledge it and gives me silver, he sometimes
gives me an item (like a tunic or gloves). First, do they "count" if he
doesn't give me any silver or anything, and second, does it mean im
getting close now that, occasionally, he gives me an item as well???

Also, what does an "improved" faction standing really mean? Do i get
better deals at the merchants or what?????

Fyggin.

Richard Ashkettle wrote:

> The squad ring gives ya a slight bit of regeneration. It's not great, but
> it REALLY does improve your faction in Rivervale. BTW, it takes a bit more
> than 500 beads/sashes to succeed, and remember that killing ol' Gunrich
> lowers that faction rating considerably. I didn't know that at first, and
> spent a long time recovering from all the times I killed the poor bugger.

Craig

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
I know. I'm not looking for a "quick fix". God, knows i've killed what
seems like hundreds already. I just wish there was some way for me to
know whether im getting close. I'm tired of typing "/say Ghobber Am
I one with the wall?" and just getting the old "you're in good standing
with the guard. Keep up the good work and we'll talk again" or something
like that, %^) I wish it would just tell me if im getting close.....

ken wrote:

> It require few hundred kills, and remember that journey is part of reward.

Remus Shepherd

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Craig <ar...@home.com> wrote:
> Ok, let me ask you this. When I turn in 10 beads, the old sheriff
> there doesn't acknowledge some of them (about 70%). But I have noticed
> that now when he does ackowledge it and gives me silver, he sometimes
> gives me an item (like a tunic or gloves). First, do they "count" if he
> doesn't give me any silver or anything, and second, does it mean im
> getting close now that, occasionally, he gives me an item as well???

> Also, what does an "improved" faction standing really mean? Do i get
> better deals at the merchants or what?????

> Fyggin.

Hi, Fyggin! Totto here. :)

I've seen a player get his squad ring. He was a 12th level warrior. :/
So it'll probably take that long, of killing nothing but goblins and orcs
(and the occassional Bug Dude for experience) to get it. Note that, besides
the warbeads, turning in the Orc Centurion's belt is another way to improve
your standing dramatically.

I've never gotten an item from Sherrif Roglio. He always gives me
silver, though, 100% of th time. You are giving him only Runnyeye Warbeads,
correct? Not the Shattered kind? If you're getting items, I'd bet you're
getting close, but I really don't know for sure.

Improved faction means that certain NPCs will like you better, and some
will hate you more. :) It doesn't help prices at merchants. It does help
you find quests, however...some NPCs won't talk to you about their quests
unless you have good standing with them. I don't know any NPCs that hate
goblins other than the halflings of Rivervale, so I'm not sure it's really
going to help much anyway.

... ...
Remus Shepherd (re...@netcom.com)

katana@

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:57:06 GMT, Craig <ar...@home.com> wrote:

>I know. I'm not looking for a "quick fix". God, knows i've killed what
>seems like hundreds already. I just wish there was some way for me to
>know whether im getting close. I'm tired of typing "/say Ghobber Am
>I one with the wall?" and just getting the old "you're in good standing
>with the guard. Keep up the good work and we'll talk again" or something
>like that, %^) I wish it would just tell me if im getting close.....

If you're close to level 12, you're getting close.

This quest was the first I signed up for, right after creation. Same
was true in P4. I got my ring both in P4 and in final (a couple days
ago) at level 12.

That was by concentrating almost solely on killing orcs and gobs and
turning in non-shattered beads and orc belts as soon as I was strong
enough to hunt them.

ERobert483

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
Damn, Just buy the damn ring like I did, Sheesh. Too much work, IMHO. Let the
busy folk do it for ya.

Of course, Im sure it can be enjoyable to kill 200 goblins and orcs. I've
killed my share at Butcherblock andFaynark.

-Radagorn