XP Modifier zones

Melvin F

Jul 15, 2003, 6:52:24 PM7/15/03
Been reading this group for a while now. Sounds like EQAtlas might be out
of date with the XP bonus zones.

Does anyone know of a listing of these zones? Or post a listing here? I
love grouping (or soloing for that matter) in these zones. I actually feel
I'm making progress.

Sean Kennedy

Jul 15, 2003, 7:27:06 PM7/15/03
m_fr...@hotmail.com (Melvin F) wrote in

Exp bonus is a misnomer.

Each zone has a Zone Experience Modifier
attached to it. It is a whole number that
is part of the base xp formula for a mob
(Mob_Level^2 * ZEM * Group_Bonus)

Zones such as DL have a ZEM=75,
the Hole is 100, UP is 90, Tier
1 planes are now 119 (used to be
145 before the recent changes)

Most of the ZEM's are listed at
http://www.knightsofloyalty.com/expcalc.php
in the dropdown box at the top.

Melvin F

Jul 15, 2003, 10:38:12 PM7/15/03
Sweet. Thanks man!

x@n.n (Sean Kennedy) wrote in

Steve

Aug 1, 2003, 12:42:50 PM8/1/03
That's some interesting info in that drop down. Crushbone and Befallen have
the same zem as PC and Kurns is only 10 less too. Could probably do well
going newb zone > kurns/CB > PC. Kurns is such an easy zone too with the
tiny agro range of the mobs. Wonder what Sony bases the ZEM on? Zone
difficulty is definately not the answer

"Sean Kennedy" <x@n.n> wrote in message

Sean

Aug 1, 2003, 2:00:35 PM8/1/03
"Steve" <iams...@internode.on.net> wrote in

> That's some interesting info in that drop down. Crushbone and Befallen
> have the same zem as PC and Kurns is only 10 less too. Could probably
> do well going newb zone > kurns/CB > PC. Kurns is such an easy zone
> too with the tiny agro range of the mobs. Wonder what Sony bases the
> ZEM on? Zone difficulty is definately not the answer

Well, pre-PoP, in general Dungeons got bigger ZEM's than
open zones. There was a point a while back (the exact
timing escapes me) when SOE made a big push to get people
under 30 into dungeons. This was when they expanded the
cleric rezzes down to 14, and gave Paladins earlier rezzes.
They also introduced low level evacs and summon corpse.
Finally, they boosted the ZEM on under 30 dungeons (CB and
Befallen come in this category apparently). I think there
are 3 reasons PC sees so much traffic and the others don't:
First, location; PC is simply the easiest of the zones to
get to, considering you can bind 10 seconds away. Second
is word of mouth. Early on in SoL PC was near abandoned,
I leveled my kitty BL in there without anyone sharing the
zone with me for large blocks of time, then the word got
out about the xp there, and it became flooded. Last is
the fast spawn timer in PC. It's so fast that just 5 or
6 shiknar spawn was enough to keep a cleric I was PL'ing
fighting constantly. I want to say 7minutes on those.

--
Mairelon Snapbang, Arch Convoker of Lanys T'vyl

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=701866

Roger Bonzer

Aug 2, 2003, 3:03:53 AM8/2/03
In article <7VxWa.735$BV5....@news.uswest.net>, Sean <x@n.n> wrote:
>"Steve" <iams...@internode.on.net> wrote in
>
>Finally, they boosted the ZEM on under 30 dungeons (CB and
>Befallen come in this category apparently). I think there
>are 3 reasons PC sees so much traffic and the others don't:

[snip: location, word of mouth, respawn rate]

Actually, I think the biggest reason is lots of static spawns with really
fast respawns. The bandit camps can easily hold two groups of six each,
full time, no waiting for a group of L16-19s, or one good group of L23s,
for example. The only place in the old world I get the same kind of rush
from is the Crushbone Throne Room. 3 mobs pop, you jump on them, while
you're handling those, 2 more show up, etc. And the action is almost
nonstop. Compare this to Trainer Hill, where you clear the whole hill then
wait. And wait. For more orcs to show up. Yawn. The fast, fast, fast
spawn/kill rate means xp shoots through the roof, and that's why folks
keep coming back.

Another useful side effect is that, since there are so many adds at PC
(and CB throne room), you can't really solo (ignoring ultra-twinks). You
need to have a full group for heals, nukes, tanking, etc. Anything that
teaches the important skills at low levels is a good thing, IMO :)

Roger Bonzer | There's this guy. And he falls in a vat of
mino...@hurloon.net | radioactive chemicals and instead of getting
| superpowers like you'd expect, he just dies.
| -- Ronnie, Zot #31

Darktyger

Aug 2, 2003, 4:53:11 AM8/2/03
On 2 Aug 2003 02:03:53 -0500, mino...@agora.rdrop.com (Roger Bonzer)
wrote:

>Another useful side effect is that, since there are so many adds at PC
>(and CB throne room), you can't really solo (ignoring ultra-twinks).

Feh. Back before the hordes flooded PC to the point where it was
impossible, I managed to solo pulls from the edges of the bandit camps
just fine with my bard, and she wasn't "ultra-twinked" by a long shot.
When you get away from the bandit camps, there are plenty of spots to
easily solo in PC, all with decent respawn rates.
--
Dark Tyger, keeper of the Nerf Railgun(tm)
Kahir Rhom, Vah'shir Primalist of the 54th calling - Tunare

"To live,
is so startling,
it leaves time for little else"
-Emily Dickinson

Roger Bonzer

Aug 2, 2003, 6:19:47 PM8/2/03
In article <osumiv803effkumt0...@4ax.com>,

Darktyger <dark...@overthere.nothere> wrote:
>On 2 Aug 2003 02:03:53 -0500, mino...@agora.rdrop.com (Roger Bonzer)
>wrote:
>
>>Another useful side effect is that, since there are so many adds at PC
>>(and CB throne room), you can't really solo (ignoring ultra-twinks).
>
>Feh. Back before the hordes flooded PC to the point where it was
>impossible, I managed to solo pulls from the edges of the bandit camps
>just fine with my bard, and she wasn't "ultra-twinked" by a long shot.

Cool! Good for you! I bet bards/chanters/clerics (and any others I'm not
thinking of who get the lull line) can single pull from the bandit camps.
As long as they get lucky and don't get one of those aggro-the-whole-camp
lull resists. Most everyone else just doesn't bother soloing bandit camps
because you can't make the 50' run back to the zone line.

>When you get away from the bandit camps, there are plenty of spots to
>easily solo in PC, all with decent respawn rates.

Yep. Pretty much *all* of PC seems to have really fast respawn rate. Which,
in my opinion, is what gets you so much xp.

Graeme Faelban

Aug 4, 2003, 9:48:41 AM8/4/03
mino...@agora.rdrop.com (Roger Bonzer) wrote in

> In article <osumiv803effkumt0...@4ax.com>,
> Darktyger <dark...@overthere.nothere> wrote:
>>On 2 Aug 2003 02:03:53 -0500, mino...@agora.rdrop.com (Roger Bonzer)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Another useful side effect is that, since there are so many adds at
>>>PC (and CB throne room), you can't really solo (ignoring
>>>ultra-twinks).
>>
>>Feh. Back before the hordes flooded PC to the point where it was
>>impossible, I managed to solo pulls from the edges of the bandit camps
>>just fine with my bard, and she wasn't "ultra-twinked" by a long shot.
>
> Cool! Good for you! I bet bards/chanters/clerics (and any others I'm
> not thinking of who get the lull line) can single pull from the bandit
> camps. As long as they get lucky and don't get one of those
> aggro-the-whole-camp lull resists. Most everyone else just doesn't
> bother soloing bandit camps because you can't make the 50' run back to
> the zone line.
>
>>When you get away from the bandit camps, there are plenty of spots to
>>easily solo in PC, all with decent respawn rates.
>
> Yep. Pretty much *all* of PC seems to have really fast respawn rate.
> Which, in my opinion, is what gets you so much xp.

No, the xp modifier in PC is amazing. When I solo, I pull mobs as fast
as I can handle them, regardless of the zone, so, I can state quite
categorically that PC has an amazing xp modifier. The xp per kill there
is just insane compared to just about any other place I can solo at those
levels.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Venerable Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons