9/28/99 Patch message

Skip Sanders

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
Ok, here's the patch message: (Note an apparent oopsie, they list group
damage being on all, but later say it's only Fennin Ro, for testing.)
-----
September 28th, 7:00am
----------------------

The following changes have been implemented with the latest patch, most
importantly, changes to corpse resurrection. It should be noted that all
corpses generated previous to this patch may not be resurrected, however,
all corpses generated from this point forward may be resurrected with the
changes listed below applying.

- Corpses that are older than 2 hours cannot be resurrected.
- Corpses that are produced from a duel cannot be resurrected after 10
minutes.

General Enhancements

- A Yes/No request window is now brought up when ever turning in the PK note
to the Priest of Discord.
- It is now possible to manually reorganize icons within the spell book.
This may be performed by right-clicking on the currently placed icon (the
icon will then be highlighted), then right-clicking on the desired slot you
wish to move it.
- Pet damage inflicted during PvP combat has been slightly reduced.
- It is now possible to place items marked as "No Drop" in the bank.
- Experience and looting rights is now awarded based on group aggregate
damage (i.e. If a group's combined damage if greater than an individual
player, the group members will be given the exp. and looting rights).
- NPC corpses will only remain for 8 minutes, even while looting.
- If a party member goes link-dead, the remaining members will be notified.
- Pets with less than 20 hit points cannot receive hit point buffs.
- When viewing an invisible PC with See Invisible, the name will be shown in
parentheses over the character.
- All beneficial speed spells may be canceled left-clicking on the spell
icon.

We have also made revisions to the /text command section of the EverQuest
manual.

*Fennin Ro Specific Enhancements*

- Experience and looting rights is now awarded based on group aggregate
damage (i.e. If a group's combined damage if greater than an individual
player, the group members will be given the exp. and looting rights). We
will be gathering the results of this data throughout the day, and if need
be, incorporate this change on other "live" servers.

- The EverQuest Team

--
skip...@san.rr.com

PanX

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
YES!!! I can move the spells! Great, because there is no order
on them now

PanX

Skip Sanders <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

Tim

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
I know...I'm giddy :)

PanX <pan...@NOSPAMpanx.com> wrote in message

Scott

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
THis rocks. I can finally delete some of the spells in my spell book.

David Schrank

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
or at least move them to the bad page

Dan Harmon

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99

Tim <th...@gtpd.com> wrote in message news:7sqn1c$q0c$1...@news.xmission.com...

> I know...I'm giddy :)
>
> PanX <pan...@NOSPAMpanx.com> wrote in message
> > YES!!! I can move the spells! Great, because there is no order
> > on them now

Doesn't take much to thrill the masses, does it?

I'm not insulting anyone, I'm jumping for joy too. :)

Morgan

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
Skip Sanders wrote:

> Ok, here's the patch message: (Note an apparent oopsie, they list group
> damage being on all, but later say it's only Fennin Ro, for testing.)
> -----
> September 28th, 7:00am
> ----------------------

> - Pets with less than 20 hit points cannot receive hit point buffs.
^^^^

We were right, this was displayed backwards.

--
Morgan

Sam Schlansky

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
mor...@brownie.cs.berkeley.edu (Morgan) wrote in
<37F13658...@brownie.cs.berkeley.edu>:

Yep, I knew it was a typo!

It's clearly aimed at the Mistwalker... and probably the spirit of the * flame
effects too, like "spirit of the azure flame"... which I suspect are similar.

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| I speak for myself only unless noted otherwise.