How should I play my druid?

1 view

katman...@my-deja.com

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
I have levelled my Druid to 6 through a combo of
newbiw gardens and grouping. However, everytime I
try to solo, I get killed by things as low as
Centurions. I imagine my AC is too low, but I
can't get the cash to move up to leather
because...I get killed too quickly.

Is there a way to play a Druid solo or am I only
good in a group?

Rowaniel
Q Server

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Gladimir

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
You can solo just about any class, but you have to choose your fights VERY
carefully. I am not sure what the best strategies for a Druid are, or even
if the best strategies are available to you at level 6; but I wouldn't give
up on grouping. Try and solo some easy blues when you can't find a group,
but keep trying to find groups. Maybe you'll stumble onto a good one, which
will make this game that much better for you.

- Gladimir, Barbarian Shaman of Clan Blackwatch, Cazic-Thule

Donavan

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Quick easy way to solo your lower level druid:

Snare your target, run away and nuke... Repeat until he is weakened some
then close in for melee to finish him off.

Note I said SNARE not ROOT!

<katman...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

diana

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
I love that snare with damage.

Donavan wrote in message
<7ov4rc$f0v$1...@ssauraaa-i-1.production.compuserve.com>...

Donavan

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
no no no! That is not snare and lasts for only seconds! The "snare" and
its newly fixed upgrade "ensare" last from aroudn 2 minutes. Contrary to
what GZ has said druids do NOT have the best roots in the game! We have
some of the worst.

diana <di...@dimensional.com> wrote in message

Faeri Min

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Agreed. I even find the level 29 (?) ensnare, to be useless. Lasts from 2
seconds to 2 minutes, but more often I get the 2 second version. Snare,
lowly level one snare, lasts 2 minutes every time it sticks. Level 34 now
and I open almost every fight with a level one spell.

Faeri Min
34th level druid
Mithaniel Marr

Donavan <donav...@cs.com> wrote in message

Donavan

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
GZ made a stemant that he had made some changes to ensare... Haven't heard
anything yet about how it works now.

Faeri Min <fa...@4est.com> wrote in message

Timothy J Parker

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
Faeri Min wrote:

> Agreed. I even find the level 29 (?) ensnare, to be useless. Lasts from 2
> seconds to 2 minutes, but more often I get the 2 second version. Snare,
> lowly level one snare, lasts 2 minutes every time it sticks. Level 34 now
> and I open almost every fight with a level one spell.
>
> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Faeri Min
> 34th level druid
> Mithaniel Marr
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Me too! Most usefull spell I ever bought. Still using it successfully at 31!

Brian Hance

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:09:57 -0400, "Donavan" <donav...@cs.com>
wrote:

>no no no! That is not snare and lasts for only seconds! The "snare" and
>its newly fixed upgrade "ensare" last from aroudn 2 minutes. Contrary to
>what GZ has said druids do NOT have the best roots in the game! We have
>some of the worst.

I dunno. Me and my level 15 Wizard buddy both use our root spells.
His fails more than half the time. Mine works about 3/4 of the time.

Hell, I made it to 13 just using the old Root/Nuke combo.

---
Brian Hance bha...@primenet.com
"You know the information superhighway," I said. "Where they spent
twenty billion dollars so millions of people could wind up endlessly
debating who was the better STAR TREK captain?"
Kinky Friedman from THE LOVE SONG OF J. EDGAR HOOVER