This is a comlete joke....

Serafino

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Verant, Sony, 989,

This is unreal, and completely unacceptable. Have you gone freaking insane?
Last night was such a successful public relations event that you decide to
do maintenance during prime time the following night!?! You show that
little regard for your paying customers? You are completely off your
rockers, and the bad PR that this game is getting is really a shame because
it is a high quality game being run by a bunch of hacks.

Jeff

Serafino

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Agreed about the hard drive crash....

Disagree about the scheduled maintenance....I read it on eqvault that they
were going to down the server @ 7:00 PST....

Charles B. Naumann

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Christopher Pattillo <patt...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

: (1) Last night they had problems with the hard drive. You cannot blame them
: for that. Yes it was annoying, but you really can't blame them for having
: hard drive drop on the floor. Choosing a poor time to do maintenance, yes,
: you can scream at them about that, though.

Something tells me that last nights hard drive crash was a result of the
maintainance, and that tonights chat server crash has the same root
cause as last nights.

I don't think the login server has ever really worked right. I often
went down in Beta with a fraction of its present load. Strange that
they have such a big single point failure.

Charles Naumann

Christopher Pattillo

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

Serafino wrote in message <7ds5tq$i...@chronicle.concentric.net>...

Two things, although it appears you've already gone ballistic.

(1) Last night they had problems with the hard drive. You cannot blame them
for that. Yes it was annoying, but you really can't blame them for having
hard drive drop on the floor. Choosing a poor time to do maintenance, yes,
you can scream at them about that, though.

(2) I was online when the server crashed. I don't think it was a scheduled
maintenance item. The last thing I saw before the black screen of doom
appeared was the line "Faydark does 32000 points of damage to Faydark" ...
well, I had a feeling something BAD had happened.

That's all I wanted to point out.

Chris "No More Cookies?" Pattillo

someone

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:05:22 GMT, "Christopher Pattillo"
<patt...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

That 32000 is normal for when a pet kills itself. So don't worry about
that.

Christopher Pattillo

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
>Disagree about the scheduled maintenance....I read it on eqvault that they
>were going to down the server @ 7:00 PST....

except everquest.com says 7 *AM* PST ... as opposed to, what, 6:30
(thereabouts) *PM* PST?

I'm just waiting for them to change it on everquest.com to tell us that this
was, indeed, a scheduled maintenance item, and that they're telling us this
several hours after it's already happened.

Christopher Pattillo

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
>Something tells me that last nights hard drive crash was a result of the
>maintainance, and that tonights chat server crash has the same root
>cause as last nights.
>
>I don't think the login server has ever really worked right. I often
>went down in Beta with a fraction of its present load. Strange that
>they have such a big single point failure.

Yer probably right. I know enough about servers to fill a thimble, so I
should learn not to comment on things I don't know about. Thanks for being
gentle and not saying "yer a moron! go back to whatever whole ya crawled
out of!" or something similar.

Chris "Not My Cup of Tea" Pattillo