Bind wounds cap skill - Mages

Rod

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
I was thinking. Since magicians can cast bandages since they're about
level 1 (or 4, don't remember). And they can bind wounds earlier than
anyone else, and many more times too (because of cost of bandages for
newbies), shouldn't magicians have a higher bind wound skill cap?
This is just reasonable, I've bound wounds since the char was born,
the rest of the classes depend on magic for that. Magicians should be
the expert binders :)

arion30

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
where do you find that spell in freeport?

Rod <wol...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Dapumkins

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
in all actuallity warriors and rogues as well as mages should have higher
bind wounds since they dont' have heals.

--
Dross Stigmata - 25th level warrior - bertoxxulous
Virex Zavier - 8th level necromancer - bertoxxulous

arion30 <ar...@cybernex.net> wrote in message

Yappie

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
I'd actually like to see EVERYBODY have more powerful bind wounds across the
board. I'd like to see you heal all the way up using bind wound. I'd like
to see heal potions. These would be great money sinks in the economy, and
would make many classes viable solo opportunities. And, the game would be
more FUN! Since this can't be used during combat, it isn't a viable
survival tool, it just lowers the downtime. I like the thought of this,
although we all know that lowered downtime would mean increased
competition...but I'd still like to see it, I can live with the competition.

-Yappie-

DarkHand

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
wol...@mediaone.net (Rod) wrote in <37c87164...@news.secoast.net>:

>I was thinking. Since magicians can cast bandages since they're about
>level 1 (or 4, don't remember). And they can bind wounds earlier than
>anyone else, and many more times too (because of cost of bandages for
>newbies), shouldn't magicians have a higher bind wound skill cap?
>This is just reasonable, I've bound wounds since the char was born,
>the rest of the classes depend on magic for that. Magicians should be
>the expert binders :)

I totally agree, this is for my magician a lifesaver and I use it
constantly on myself and others.. BTW anyone know what the cap is ? I've
been stuck at skill 100 for over 5 weeks and petitioning just results in
"there's no problem, stop bothering us" response.

Jim Williams

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
I still think bind wounds should only work if you have 50% health or better.

Yappie wrote in message ...

>I'd actually like to see EVERYBODY have more powerful bind wounds across
the
>board. I'd like to see you heal all the way up using bind wound. I'd like
>to see heal potions. These would be great money sinks in the economy, and
>would make many classes viable solo opportunities. And, the game would be
>more FUN! Since this can't be used during combat, it isn't a viable
>survival tool, it just lowers the downtime. I like the thought of this,
>although we all know that lowered downtime would mean increased
>competition...but I'd still like to see it, I can live with the
competition.

>-Yappie-

Czervik

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
The cap IS 100, so you top out at +25 hp per bandage. This is the max.
There is no problem. It is not a bug, if they would tell you this
instead of "stop bothering us", then maybe you would stop bothering
them. That would be too easy though.

DarkHand wrote:

> wol...@mediaone.net (Rod) wrote in <37c87164...@news.secoast.net>:
>

> >I was thinking. Since magicians can cast bandages since they're about
> >level 1 (or 4, don't remember). And they can bind wounds earlier than
> >anyone else, and many more times too (because of cost of bandages for
> >newbies), shouldn't magicians have a higher bind wound skill cap?
> >This is just reasonable, I've bound wounds since the char was born,
> >the rest of the classes depend on magic for that. Magicians should be
> >the expert binders :)
> >

> I totally agree, this is for my magician a lifesaver and I use it
> constantly on myself and others.. BTW anyone know what the cap is ? I've
> been stuck at skill 100 for over 5 weeks and petitioning just results in
> "there's no problem, stop bothering us" response.

--
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Dark side, it has a Light side,
and it holds the Universe together."

Reedo

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
Jim Williams <am...@ionet.net> wrote in message

> I still think bind wounds should only work if you have 50% health or
better.

While I agree that this would be great, unfortunately then all of the other
classes would start complaining that Mages are to powerful because they can
bind wounds with their summoned bandages. It could cut down on down time a
lot it you used it right.

--
Mark

For great simple at home income opportunities check these out:
1. You can call 1-800-811-2141 code # 98159
This is the simplest program I have ever seen and you can make thousands!!

2. Check out http://www.24689.com
Get healthy and make thousands at the same time!!

Kendrick A Gold

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99

Yappie wrote:

> I'd actually like to see EVERYBODY have more powerful bind wounds across the
> board. I'd like to see you heal all the way up using bind wound. I'd like
> to see heal potions. These would be great money sinks in the economy, and
> would make many classes viable solo opportunities. And, the game would be
> more FUN! Since this can't be used during combat, it isn't a viable
> survival tool, it just lowers the downtime. I like the thought of this,
> although we all know that lowered downtime would mean increased
> competition...but I'd still like to see it, I can live with the competition.

First of all, how would Verant make any money with a lowered downtime? =)
Secondly, wouldn't clerics be reduced to being low-cost healers? Why not bring
in an enchanter or shaman for safety and buffs instead of the cleric?

Also, I think there are healing potions and they aren't great money sinks, they
are
great money sinkholes!

smiller

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Unless you are a monk... Monks probably cap at 200. (Guessing here.. Don't
know for sure but I have a friend who is at 192 and counting.. -- Mine is
stuck at 100)

DarkHand

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
dh...@erols.com (Czervik) wrote in <37C9D7D2...@erols.com>:

>The cap IS 100, so you top out at +25 hp per bandage. This is the max.
>There is no problem. It is not a bug, if they would tell you this
>instead of "stop bothering us", then maybe you would stop bothering
>them. That would be too easy though.

LOL!

Well it would just be too intelligent of them to just tell me it stops
there! I've even asked if it was because I was capped, just got told they
didn't know what the cap was and to F-off..

BTW, i've already sent in a complaint against that particular guide. but I
don't expect results because that would take guts from Verant.

Rod

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
Czervik <dh...@erols.com> wrote:
That's my point, I'm not saying we should heal more than 50% of the
wounds, but the cap skill should be higher for mages. It wouldn't
affect clerics at all, nobody fights with 50% of health (unless green
victims). Just increase the cap, to say 200 or so. Not because mages
can't heal, but because it makes sense in the Everquest world.