Big Honkin' Gigantic Patch

Brian Hance

May 8, 2002, 8:58:38 AM5/8/02
Patch Messsage for:

May 8th, 2002. 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Items **

- We've made some changes that will cause a few proccing items to be
out of charges after the patch. Players with such items will need to
petition and ask a GM to swap the item out with a new one
- Focus items using the "Naki's Pernicity" effects should now be
working as intended
- Focus items that affect a spell's duration should now work for
clickable items
- It should be impossible to equip an item that will reduce your hit
points by more than your maximum hit points. Also, hit point
reduction items should not lower hit points below 1
- Tinkered Compass now adds the appropriate bonus to the sense heading
skill
- Hit point bonuses on food items should be working

** Spells **

- Higher level familiars should once again survive when their masters
go invisible, Abscond or Evac
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Lesser Familiar mana
regeneration component from working
- Familiars no longer cause damage to their master upon death
- Familiar buff remains after the caster uses the /pet get lost
command to remove the visual representation
- Torrent of Fatigue should be working properly now
- Allure of the Wild has had its level cap raised to make it a useful
upgrade
- Umbra has been improved to give a slightly higher AC benefit
- A character can no longer trade with an NPC when invisible.
Character must turn visible before starting the trade
- Characters can no longer scribe a scroll that they can't cast due to
deity restrictions
- Invisibility should now remain after a link death
- Theft of Thought will no longer give mana when cast on PC classes
that do not have mana (in PvP or in a duel)
- Drain/Share spells can no longer be cast on players on blue servers,
and can no longer be cast on group members on PvP servers. Spells
Affected: Succession of Shadows, Crippling Claudication, Mind Wrack,
Degeneration, Zevfeer's Theft of Vitae, Torrent of Hate, Torrent of
Fatigue, Torrent of Pain
- Spirit Armor scroll no longer lists Shadowknights as a class that
can use it (they couldn't anyway)
- Bard AE songs now have vertical limit of 50 feet. This is also the
case for Mass Group Buff
- Gating and porting while in tree form should no longer cause crashes
- Removed all "Begins to cast X spell" text from procs
- Resurrection request box will now reset if you open another window
while it is up, preventing a problem where a character is unable to be
resurrected if he has the res box up and he loots a mob or opens a
trade window
- Fixed a bug with lifetaps that would cause people around a lifetap
to see, "You feel drained..." instead of "Fippy feels drained..."
- Issues with Healing seeming to be delayed have been fixed (see Spell
Filters)
- Fixed a bug that was causing "soandso's song ends" to show up as
"he's song ends" if the bard was targeted, "it's song ends" if not
targeted
- Divine Glory received a small upgrade to make it more in line with
the spell series

** Spell Filters **

- Issues with healing seeming to be delayed should be fixed. The
problem was with filters that allowed players to ignore spells that
were hitting them. The following changes were needed to fix this
issue
- Player characters will now always see spells that hit them and
spells they cast
- Players with the Group option set for PC spells will see the start
spell casting messages for people in their group and they will also
see when member of their group are hit with spells
- Players with the ALL option will still see all PC spells and spell
hits

** Spell Stacking **

General stacking changes: Some buffs were not being allowed to stack
which now will stack, and other buffs were being allowed to stack
which should not have.

For example, many stacking problems with spells that have a See
Invisible or Levitate component are now gone (e.g. Dead Man Floating),
while a number of stacking exploits that granted too much
regeneration, too much offense (ATK), too large of a damage shield, or
too many hit points have been fixed. Here are some of the details:

- Vision abilities (natural or spell-granted) should no longer cause
spells to fail to take hold
- Bard songs should in general overwrite fewer spells

- Harness of Spirit no longer stacks with spells that grant Strength
or Dexterity boosts. It was never intended to do so
- Harness of Spirit and Avatar should now stack properly
- Call of the Predator and Warder's Protection should no longer stack
- Arch Lich should no longer overwrite innate racial vision abilities
- Levitate and Dead Man Floating should no longer conflict
- Dead Man Floating should no longer conflict with any vision
abilities (natural or spell granted)
- Spirit of Eagle should no longer cancel Levitation/Levitate spells
- Fixed a stacking exploit with Armor of Protection and Armor of the
Risen
- Focus of Spirit should no longer overwrite Visions of Grandeur
- Focus of Spirit should now stack with the Whistling Fists effect
- "Circle of" Druid spells should no longer stack with their Resist
counterparts.
- Shroud of Spirits and the Cloak of the Akheva should stack properly
now
- Cantata of Soothing should no longer overwrite Clarity spells
- Cantata and Chorus of Replenishment should no longer overwrite
Acumen
- Bladecoat no longer overwrites Clarity II
- Lower level druid group buffs should now be less likely to overwrite
higher level buffs
- Avatar and Force of Nature will no longer stack
- Ancient Feral Avatar should now stack properly

** Alternate Advancement **

- Improved Familiar should now be better than Greater Familiar
- Fixed a bug with Permanent Illusion that was causing the caster to
see his illusions drop when zoning, even if others continued to see
the illusion
- Trolls and Iksar no longer receive double regeneration ability from
AA abilities
- The Archetype skill Casting Deftness will no longer supercede the
Class specific Quick Buff casting time reducing skill. Note that at
this time there is a maximum benefit to casting time bonuses of a 50%
reduction
- Casting deftness was changed to reflect the increases presented by
the in-game help (5, 15 and 25%)
- Turn Summoned should now work on all summoned creatures, not just
pets. The text should correctly say that there is only one level for
this ability
- Improved Reclaim Energy now works with the epic pet
- Fixed a crash bug caused by Call Corpse
- Alternate Advancement abilities that affect a spell's duration
should now work for clickable items
- Quick Summon should now work for Call of the Hero and Manifest
Elements
- Quick Summon also changed to match the benefits presented by the
in-game help

** Skills **

- Increased the velocity tolerance for the Hide skill. This may
slightly improve the functionality of the Evade skill
- Poison should no longer be interrupted
- Sneak only breaks when a character is hit, not when he hits someone
- Fixed a bug that was causing a problem when Pick Pockets was used
before Beg had refreshed. Beg and Pick Pocket use the same timer, so
now using Beg or Pick Pocket will cause both buttons to gray out
- A message is now displayed and skills are properly reset when a
rogue breaks sneak and/or hide because he is looting a corpse
- Beastlords should function like other hybrids when casting in melee

** Zones **

- The Hole now uses Kunark-level Mez/Charm/Taunt rules
- Petrified humerus should now be available
- Zones where mounts cannot be summoned will now remove mounts when
they enter the zone
- High level NPCs can now be taunted in Cazic Thule
- Random frame lag in Guktop and Oasis should be fixed
- Fixed a pathing problem in Tenebrous Mountains
- Fixed a pathing bug in Paludal Caverns
- Fixed pathing exploits in Chardok
- Fixed a pathing exploit in Cazic Thule
- Fixed a pathing exploit in Acrylia
- Fixed a pathing bug in the Tower of Frozen Shadow
- Fixed a pathing bug in Fungus Grove
- Fixed a spot where characters could get stuck in Twilight Sea
- Moved the Permafrost 'safe point' closer to the zone line
- Addressed an issue with an aggressive NPC that appeared outside of
the Arx Building in Sanctus Seru
-Modified the Vyzh`dra the Cursed spawn trigger to make the various
incarnations more accessible
-Modified several NPCs in the temple of Ssraeshza to address the
disparity between melee and caster effectiveness in the zone

** Quests **

- Adjustments have been made to the 8th Coldain Prayer Shawl quest
- High Priestess Alexandriana should be working properly now

** Tradeskills **

- Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might
be able to get you started on your way
- Added Mortar and Pestle to a Thurgadin merchant
- Rubbing Alcohol is now available from a vendor in Thurgadin

** Guilds **

- Fixed many bugs with the guild system, for example: GMs can now
rename guilds without the need to destroy and recreate them, guilds
can have names that share the first 15 characters with another guild
(they couldn't before) and people should no longer experience random
guild kickouts when a guild on their server is deleted/reformed.

** Pets **

- A character may now have a horse, a pet and an Eye of Zomm at the
same time
- /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a
"not a legal target" message
- Pets will once again tell you who they are attacking by sending its
master a /tell
- Pet attack animations should now be working for all pets

** Chat Channels **

- Players can specify a chat channel as their default channel using
the /channel commands (e.g. /channel chat mychannel)
- The 'old' method for setting the default channel is also now saved
in the INI file
- Kick and Invite should be working for chat channels

** Horses **

- Potions now work while on a horse
- Skeletons can now ride horses (meaning: PCs should be able to mount
and ride horses while changed into a skeleton)

** Miscellaneous **

- Fixed a bug that was causing the AFK flag to sometimes not be
visible to players entering a zone after it was turned on
- Made some adjustments to factions to make Beastlords, Druids and
Rangers (as well as small adjustments for Vah Shir) a little better
liked by animals (those that don't adhere to a faction)
- No updates are sent when the player character is not moving, saving
resources. We've also increased the rate that position updates are
made by moving player characters, using up some of those saved
resources but making movement a bit smoother
- Stationary NPCs should no longer warp when they aggro/summon
- NPCs who shout names while they Death Touch should be fixed
- Teleports arriving in some zones should spread the arrivals out a
bit more. Affected zones are Nexus, Skyfire, Emerald Jungle,
Butcherblock Mountains, South Ro, Greater Faydark, Tox, North Karana,
West Commons and Lavastorm
- Fixed the bug that was preventing players from seeing the "your
spell is interrupted" or the NPCs spell interruption message
- Fixed the issue with boats depositing players at the safe point of
the zone after zoning
- Fixed the strange floating NPC bug (seeing NPCs floating in the air
after zoning)
- /cry is now working
- /consent %t should allow the consented character to drag your corpse
- Target Nearest NPC (F8 by default) has been fixed.

** Sullon Zek Rules Change **

We have increased the number of character that can be created on an
account to three. These characters, however, must be on the same team

** Firiona Vie Rules Changes **

Since the launch of Firiona Vie we have had tremendous support for
this special server from players who want a very roleplaying immersive
environment. Players have made numerous suggestions to tweak the
ruleset a little more. We have taken many of those suggestions and
made changes accordingly.

We will be keeping the following rules intact:

* /ooc will remain unavailable to remind people that acting in
character is strongly recommended.
* The Common language will remain out, to help maintain the feeling of
race-based community and to allow people to continue to roleplay
someone with a native tongue.
* The Trivial Loot Code and all of the special rules for no-drop items
will remain. This has worked out nicely for the sense of community on
the server.
* The one character per account restriction will remain.

However, we will be removing the following restrictions:

* Anonymous/roleplay flags will no longer be required. They will
remain available, but forcing anonymity on characters was causing
undue problems finding groups and other such things that are essential
to enjoyable gameplay.
* The language learning limit/speed restrictions will be removed.
While the idea of limited languages seemed like a good idea, this is
another item that was just making it too hard to actually play the
game. Roleplayers that don't want their characters to be overly
literate always have the option to play their characters that way.
* /shout and /auction have returned to unrestricted use to allow
easier grouping and selling. People are welcome to filter those
channels if they prefer not to see them, but the benefits of having
them availabe is just too great. /ooc will remain disabled on this
server. Obviously, acting in character on any channel is strongly
recommended.
* Alignment restrictions has been removed. Forced restrictions for
grouping make playing the game too much of a chore. Characters,
however, may always decide who they wish to group with based on any
factors the character perceives. If your Dark Elf won't group with a
paladin, he doesn't have to (and shouldn't). If your cleric of
Quellious wants to heal a necromancer because healing people is the
right thing to do for him, then you should be able to do so. But not
allowing these things is a restriction on your ability to play that
character 'in-character', and a real hindrance to general gameplay.

Again, it's important to understand that this is still a roleplaying
preferred server. The rules that we are changing were often as much of
a restriction to one's ability to roleplay as they were a help. And
the artificial barriers to grouping, especially the trouble created in
just finding a group, needed to be removed to allow people to actually
play the game.

--
Brian Hance
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself.

Dak

May 8, 2002, 9:31:30 AM5/8/02
Thank god! Just yesterday morning I was in Skyshrine and one group member
went LD, went vis, and trained half the CY on him.

Wolfie

May 8, 2002, 9:31:36 AM5/8/02

"Brian Hance" wrote

> - It should be impossible to equip an item that will reduce your hit
> points by more than your maximum hit points. Also, hit point
> reduction items should not lower hit points below 1

Say goodbye to Ulthork Hide Tunic fun...

> - Familiars no longer cause damage to their master upon death
> - Familiar buff remains after the caster uses the /pet get lost
> command to remove the visual representation

The second change is helpful once the first is done, but I
was under the impression that having a familiar was
supposed to have a risk factor...

> - A character can no longer trade with an NPC when invisible.
> Character must turn visible before starting the trade

So much for bypassing faction issues that way...

> - Bard AE songs now have vertical limit of 50 feet. This is also the
> case for Mass Group Buff

Gotta wonder what inspired that change. I'm hoping it fixes
some of the nasty aggro bugs I've seen in certain zones due
to AoE bard songs, however.

> - Issues with Healing seeming to be delayed have been fixed (see Spell
> Filters)

Wheee!

> - Players with the Group option set for PC spells will see the start
> spell casting messages for people in their group and they will also
> see when member of their group are hit with spells

Ah, more combat spam to deal with...

> General stacking changes: Some buffs were not being allowed to stack
> which now will stack, and other buffs were being allowed to stack
> which should not have.
>
> For example, many stacking problems with spells that have a See
> Invisible or Levitate component are now gone (e.g. Dead Man Floating),
> while a number of stacking exploits that granted too much
> regeneration, too much offense (ATK), too large of a damage shield, or
> too many hit points have been fixed. Here are some of the details:

I guess listing them all is too much trouble...

> - Call of the Predator and Warder's Protection should no longer stack

So does this fix the ranger's stacking issues? :)

> - Trolls and Iksar no longer receive double regeneration ability from
> AA abilities

That's gonna piss some people off...

> - Increased the velocity tolerance for the Hide skill. This may
> slightly improve the functionality of the Evade skill

Happy rogues...

> - The Hole now uses Kunark-level Mez/Charm/Taunt rules

I'd guess that'll affect some of the XP farming...

> - Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
> along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might
> be able to get you started on your way

Wow...

> - /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
> tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a
> "not a legal target" message

Zlandicar might live a few minutes longer now. I know of at
least one guild that has used that method of finding out if
he's spawned or not.

> - Pets will once again tell you who they are attacking by sending its
> master a /tell

Again? I don't remember them doing that...

> - Players can specify a chat channel as their default channel using
> the /channel commands (e.g. /channel chat mychannel)

Woohoo!

> - No updates are sent when the player character is not moving, saving
> resources. We've also increased the rate that position updates are
> made by moving player characters, using up some of those saved
> resources but making movement a bit smoother

And increasing lag a bit more...

> - Teleports arriving in some zones should spread the arrivals out a
> bit more. Affected zones are Nexus, Skyfire, Emerald Jungle,
> Butcherblock Mountains, South Ro, Greater Faydark, Tox, North Karana,
> West Commons and Lavastorm

I guess they got tired of CS rezzes for the people falling to their
deaths at those portals...

All in all, a good patch, on paper, IMO.

Adam

May 8, 2002, 9:56:09 AM5/8/02
> - /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
> tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a
> "not a legal target" message

Ah well time to dust off the rangers and park them in zones to check on
spawns.

Nice little "exploit" for checking on big mobs.

kevandlou

May 8, 2002, 10:18:12 AM5/8/02

"Brian Hance" <bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote in >

<snips>

> ** Zones **
>
> - The Hole now uses Kunark-level Mez/Charm/Taunt rules

This statement is confusing me utterly, particulary the mez element.

Last time I was in the hole my mez seemed the same as anywhere else....

Cheers

Kev

Rhand Kinslayer

May 8, 2002, 10:49:31 AM5/8/02
> ** Items **

> - Focus items using the "Naki's Pernicity" effects should now be
> working as intended

I am not aware of an actual problem with it, but it might clear up some
inconsistencies with some tests.

> - Focus items that affect a spell's duration should now work for
> clickable items

Good, now just hope the 10 casttime restriction is also removed for
everything except CH so I can get some seconds off that robe and pants
click.

> ** Spells **

> - Invisibility should now remain after a link death

Great boon for mages, considering we have no other defenses after LD except
gate.

> - Removed all "Begins to cast X spell" text from procs

Humm, don't know if I'm too happy about that one. I have all my item effects
close to eachother and in the heat of a battle I have been known to try to
cast Burnout3 on the MT or Reclaim Energy when I tried to DS my pet. Getting
the message in the box helped me to react quick before I even looked at my
spellcast bar.

> ** Spell Filters **

> - Player characters will now always see spells that hit them and
> spells they cast
> - Players with the Group option set for PC spells will see the start
> spell casting messages for people in their group and they will also
> see when member of their group are hit with spells
> - Players with the ALL option will still see all PC spells and spell
> hits

Wow, this is a good improvement. Although it might result in some extra spam
it's useful for most classes to know what spells are being cast around
him/her. Mostly a boon for healer classes to know when a cure spell is
needed (especially blindness in CoM 8D ), but also useful for buffers for
instance.

> ** Spell Stacking **
>
> General stacking changes: Some buffs were not being allowed to stack
> which now will stack, and other buffs were being allowed to stack
> which should not have.
>
> For example, many stacking problems with spells that have a See
> Invisible or Levitate component are now gone (e.g. Dead Man Floating),
> while a number of stacking exploits that granted too much
> regeneration, too much offense (ATK), too large of a damage shield, or
> too many hit points have been fixed. Here are some of the details:

Too bad of the DS stack, but we already knew it was very close to an
exploit.
The stacking of levitate was a mjor issue for me as a mage. I normally have
levitate on almost always. A DMF or SoE drive-by buff would drop me directly
to the ground until I zoned. I myself have encountered moments that a SoE
buff literally killed me because I was too far off the ground (and just a
wee bit encumbered :)

> ** Alternate Advancement **

> - Turn Summoned should now work on all summoned creatures, not just
> pets. The text should correctly say that there is only one level for
> this ability
> - Improved Reclaim Energy now works with the epic pet

> - Alternate Advancement abilities that affect a spell's duration
> should now work for clickable items
> - Quick Summon should now work for Call of the Hero and Manifest
> Elements
> - Quick Summon also changed to match the benefits presented by the
> in-game help

Great. Good bugfix for the quick summoning, don't know if anybody actually
trained Turn Summoned for the all of 1 or 2 50+ zones that have summoned
creatures in the first place.
Still no bugfix for Frenzied Burnout or some improvements on the elemental
forms though.

> ** Zones **
>
> - The Hole now uses Kunark-level Mez/Charm/Taunt rules

Is this a good thing? Our guild has been hunting there a lot lately and we
didn't encounter much problems. Not really tried charming anything there,
but mez and taunt worked fine enough for us.

> - High level NPCs can now be taunted in Cazic Thule

Tanks keeping the mobs away from the casters. Good.
Hmm, possible mage-solo spot at entrance now? The mobs not sticking to the
pets was a major problem.

> - Fixed a pathing problem in Tenebrous Mountains
> - Fixed a pathing bug in Paludal Caverns
> - Fixed pathing exploits in Chardok
> - Fixed a pathing exploit in Cazic Thule
> - Fixed a pathing exploit in Acrylia
> - Fixed a pathing bug in the Tower of Frozen Shadow
> - Fixed a pathing bug in Fungus Grove

I know of the TM problem (pet couldn't get into the cave) and the Chardok
exploit(s).
The rest probably were bugged, but the most known zone isn't there, Hate
(2nd floor).

Anyway, a good start at least.

> -Modified several NPCs in the temple of Ssraeshza to address the
> disparity between melee and caster effectiveness in the zone

Hmm, let's check what exactly they did before judging this one...

> ** Quests **
>
> - Adjustments have been made to the 8th Coldain Prayer Shawl quest

8th! Woot !

> ** Tradeskills **
>
> - Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
> along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might
> be able to get you started on your way
> - Added Mortar and Pestle to a Thurgadin merchant
> - Rubbing Alcohol is now available from a vendor in Thurgadin

1000? Damn, that's a lot. Off to eqtrader and re-print every trivial list I
guess..

> ** Pets **
>
> - A character may now have a horse, a pet and an Eye of Zomm at the
> same time

Good.

> - /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
> tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a
> "not a legal target" message

Damn, now I need to swim down to Phinny and Undertow to check if they're up
again. Too bad, it really helped to check on named spawns in a zone.

> - Pets will once again tell you who they are attacking by sending its
> master a /tell

Good !

> - Pet attack animations should now be working for all pets

Too bad there aren't any more animations then the standard ones, but seeing
them do anything is a nice bugfix.

> ** Chat Channels **
>
> - Players can specify a chat channel as their default channel using
> the /channel commands (e.g. /channel chat mychannel)
> - The 'old' method for setting the default channel is also now saved
> in the INI file
> - Kick and Invite should be working for chat channels

Great. Setting a default chat channel for raids means I don't need to rework
every announcement button every single raid.

> ** Miscellaneous **

> - Teleports arriving in some zones should spread the arrivals out a
> bit more. Affected zones are Nexus, Skyfire, Emerald Jungle,
> Butcherblock Mountains, South Ro, Greater Faydark, Tox, North Karana,
> West Commons and Lavastorm

"spread the arrivals" ? Seems like an improvement, but I think I'll see
people being put under the earth the coming next weeks :-/

> - /cry is now working

It wasn't?

> - Target Nearest NPC (F8 by default) has been fixed.

Finally.. now to improve /assist to react somewhat faster and targetting is
about as good as it can get.

Well, all in all a very interesting patch. I myself am gone for 5 to 6 days
so I won't be around to see the mess and hopefully return to an enriched
environment :)

Cheers,

--
Rhand Kinslayer
58 mage Antonius Bayle

Dark Tyger

May 8, 2002, 11:11:56 AM5/8/02
Brian Hance <bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote:

>- Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
>along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might
>be able to get you started on your way

/mourn Denmother's sanity

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Email me at comcast.net
=^..^=

"This is espresso, kid. It's, like, coffee-zilla"
-Dean, The Iron Giant
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=133230

Wolfie

May 8, 2002, 11:24:58 AM5/8/02

"Rhand Kinslayer" wrote

> > - Focus items that affect a spell's duration should now work for
> > clickable items
>

> > - Removed all "Begins to cast X spell" text from procs
>
> Humm, don't know if I'm too happy about that one. I have all my item
effects
> close to eachother and in the heat of a battle I have been known to try to
> cast Burnout3 on the MT or Reclaim Energy when I tried to DS my pet.
Getting
> the message in the box helped me to react quick before I even looked at my
> spellcast bar.

Until the servers come back up we can't be positive, but the
patch message itself (as cut above) clearly seperates procs
and clickable items. A proc is a combat spell (you hit an
orc pawn for 12 pts; you begin to cast Velium Shards...)
and is different that a clickable spell (you being to cast Reclaim
Energy.) Or at least that's how I see it...

> Wow, this is a good improvement. Although it might result in some extra
spam
> it's useful for most classes to know what spells are being cast around
> him/her. Mostly a boon for healer classes to know when a cure spell is
> needed (especially blindness in CoM 8D ), but also useful for buffers for
> instance.

I've been perfectly able to see "XXX has been blinded" without
seeing "XXX begins to cast Blindness." Seeing the mob cast
is spam; seeing the effect isn't. And I'm not sure how that
affects buff classes...

> > - The Hole now uses Kunark-level Mez/Charm/Taunt rules
>
> Is this a good thing?

Probably not if your group or raid was barely able to handle the zone
as it was. If you were overpowered before, you should still be.

Vladesch

May 8, 2002, 11:59:50 AM5/8/02

"Brian Hance" <bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote in message

> Patch Messsage for:
>
> May 8th, 2002. 3:00 am
> ------------------------------

<big snip>

uh oh, better find something else to do for the rest of the week.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

May 8, 2002, 12:29:57 PM5/8/02
On Wed, 08 May 2002 13:31:36 GMT, "Wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net> wrote:

|> - Call of the Predator and Warder's Protection should no longer stack
|
|So does this fix the ranger's stacking issues? :)

Yes, it does, Warder's Protection won't be cast at all now....

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) heff...@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"It's better some times if we don't get to touch our dreams."
-- Harry Chapin

hughes

May 9, 2002, 5:11:13 AM5/9/02
> This statement is confusing me utterly, particulary the mez element.
>
> Last time I was in the hole my mez seemed the same as anywhere else....

At the top wont matter a bit. Deeper it will matter alot. Antonica zones are
coded so that high level uber mob types(thus unmezzable with dazzle) are set
at level 53 plus. In kunark and later this is set at 57+. Deep in the hole
many mobs are random levels 51-54 inclusive or 50-53 inclusive. No longer
will every other or every 4th mob of a certain type atempt to snack on the
chanter who has no defense after a mez attempt that had no chance. Hope that
cleared up any confusion.

hughes

May 9, 2002, 5:12:33 AM5/9/02

was also used to pull many diffrent types of mobs with little or no risk
:( I guess they eventually figured it out what we where doing with all the
lvl 1 necro pets :)

Richard

May 9, 2002, 10:34:12 AM5/9/02
"hughes" <hugh...@nospamearthlink.net> wrote in message

I found it quite handy a few times for finding mobs I needed.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Mystic of 53 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

Celaeno

May 9, 2002, 7:33:09 PM5/9/02
You will not evade me, Brian Hance <bha...@net-prophet.com>:

>- It should be impossible to equip an item that will reduce your hit
>points by more than your maximum hit points. Also, hit point
>reduction items should not lower hit points below 1

>- A character can no longer trade with an NPC when invisible.

>Character must turn visible before starting the trade

>- Call of the Predator and Warder's Protection should no longer stack

>- "Circle of" Druid spells should no longer stack with their Resist
>counterparts.

>- /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting

>tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a
>"not a legal target" message

Who else thinks we have a Verant lurker? :)

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal preserver of Erollisi Marr

Celaeno

May 9, 2002, 7:33:10 PM5/9/02
You will not evade me, Dark Tyger <dark...@nowhere.com>:

>Brian Hance <bha...@net-prophet.com> wrote:
>
>>- Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
>>along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might
>>be able to get you started on your way
>
>/mourn Denmother's sanity

Definitely.
Spent last night exping and listening to others on the tradeskill
channel who were experimenting. Celestial temper is sheer evil, even
compared with the 8th shawl (and here we'd thought they'd learned when
they removed gem requirements from the cultural smithing armors).
I am really going to look into the stuff in the Liber Brassica books,
it looks like a potential fun quest - and it has a recipe for Lucky
Cabbage! (Those books were definitely written by someone who reads the
Druid's Grove, and not just because of the cabbage)
Also planning on cooking up a real feast one day :)

Celaeno

May 10, 2002, 7:42:11 PM5/10/02
You will not evade me, cel...@choklit.nospam.org (Celaeno):

>I am really going to look into the stuff in the Liber Brassica books,
>it looks like a potential fun quest - and it has a recipe for Lucky
>Cabbage! (Those books were definitely written by someone who reads the
>Druid's Grove, and not just because of the cabbage)

Boy was I ever right about it being a fun quest :) :) :)

David Navarro

May 10, 2002, 8:37:08 PM5/10/02
Celaeno wrote:

> You will not evade me, cel...@choklit.nospam.org (Celaeno):
>
>>I am really going to look into the stuff in the Liber Brassica books,
>>it looks like a potential fun quest - and it has a recipe for Lucky
>>Cabbage! (Those books were definitely written by someone who reads the
>>Druid's Grove, and not just because of the cabbage)
>
> Boy was I ever right about it being a fun quest :) :) :)

Argh, will you at least tell us where it *starts*? =)

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Human Wanderer, 51 - Fennin Ro

"You are a nut! You are crazy in the coconut!"
The Avalanches: Frontier Psychiatrist

Celaeno

May 11, 2002, 7:40:20 PM5/11/02
You will not evade me, David Navarro <da...@alcaudon.com>:

>Celaeno wrote:
>
>> You will not evade me, cel...@choklit.nospam.org (Celaeno):
>>
>>>I am really going to look into the stuff in the Liber Brassica books,
>>>it looks like a potential fun quest - and it has a recipe for Lucky
>>>Cabbage! (Those books were definitely written by someone who reads the
>>>Druid's Grove, and not just because of the cabbage)
>>
>> Boy was I ever right about it being a fun quest :) :) :)
>>

>Argh, will you at least tell us where it *starts*? =)

Doesn't start anywhere. Make (or have someone make for you):
a bottle of demi-sec champagne, a mistletoe cutting sickle, a golden
idol of Tunare, a star ruby gem encrusted stein, a blessed fishing
rod, a ceremonial solstice robe, some sort of halfling pie (don't know
name yet), a Misty Thicket picnic, and a lucky cabbage.
Then, burn it all to ashes in a forge as a holy sacrifice.

Richard

May 13, 2002, 10:03:45 AM5/13/02
"Celaeno" <cel...@choklit.nospam.org> wrote in message

Ouch. That is one pricey quest. Have fun with it.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Mystic of 53 seasons, Erollisi Marr

Tainniel, Halfling Warrior of 26 seasons, Erollisi Marr

Ganwein, Wood Elf Ranger of 14 seasons, Erollisi Marr

Vardan, Dwarf Paladin of 15 seasons, Erollisi Marr

Jim Monk

May 13, 2002, 10:15:40 AM5/13/02

Note that this has now been completed.
See eqtraders or the druid's grove for details.
Also note that the rewards may be changing next patch...

Jim

jaZZmanian Devil

May 13, 2002, 10:32:13 AM5/13/02
Richard wrote:

> > a star ruby gem encrusted stein, a blessed fishing rod,

Excuse me if this is old news, but is that blessed fishing rod,
perchance, one that never breaks? I'd be interested if it is, as my
wizard plans on being the first grandmaster fisherman in our guild. he
he. Don't ask. I'm just a sadist.
--
jaZZ md
- - - -

Celaeno

May 15, 2002, 7:53:57 AM5/15/02
You will not evade me, "Richard" <richar...@netscape.net>:

>"Celaeno" <cel...@choklit.nospam.org> wrote in message

>> Doesn't start anywhere. Make (or have someone make for you):

>> a bottle of demi-sec champagne, a mistletoe cutting sickle, a golden
>> idol of Tunare, a star ruby gem encrusted stein, a blessed fishing
>> rod, a ceremonial solstice robe, some sort of halfling pie (don't know
>> name yet), a Misty Thicket picnic, and a lucky cabbage.
>> Then, burn it all to ashes in a forge as a holy sacrifice.

>Ouch. That is one pricey quest. Have fun with it.

Yeah, well, I was about to get cracking on it when I found out that
only the first completion of the quest was special. So, now I am
waiting to see what the reward is changed to after patch. I don't need
the earring and if the other means of getting the scroll are to go to
a vendor or something...
(Speaking of unneeded earrings, I got a sarnak earring of station last
night. Tried to have a guildie run there and get it, but he didn't
make it in time and I looted it myself with 1 second to spare. Wearing
it would be a downgrade since it has no hp/mana, so I think I'll just
wear it when I want to make tanks cry or something *evil grin*)

-Martin

May 15, 2002, 9:09:45 AM5/15/02

> (Speaking of unneeded earrings, I got a sarnak earring of station last
> night. Tried to have a guildie run there and get it, but he didn't
> make it in time and I looted it myself with 1 second to spare. Wearing
> it would be a downgrade since it has no hp/mana, so I think I'll just
> wear it when I want to make tanks cry or something *evil grin*)

I spent a whole week in the omen fort (chancellor room) slaughtering every
sarnak I could find, hoping for earrings of station, and hand woven legs
(nice fire resist legs) when i was 50 something (may even have been 60)

And I got a grand total of zero items :(

-m
sensei grandmaster
prexus

James Grahame

May 15, 2002, 1:09:20 PM5/15/02

"-Martin" <vil...@cheerfuldot.com> wrote in message

My baby mage bought her Hand Woven Legs off a vendor. Good price, too!
;-)

James

Celaeno

May 16, 2002, 7:34:00 PM5/16/02
You will not evade me, "-Martin" <vil...@cheerfuldot.com>:

>I spent a whole week in the omen fort (chancellor room) slaughtering every
>sarnak I could find, hoping for earrings of station, and hand woven legs
>(nice fire resist legs) when i was 50 something (may even have been 60)
>
>And I got a grand total of zero items :(

Aw. A necro had one drop last night as he was soloing zone out. Only 4
people in the zone and nobody wanted it, so it rotted.

Last night I also found out that a level 60 cleric can cast heroism on
me and overwrite my natureskin. Bah.

Richard

May 17, 2002, 9:16:42 AM5/17/02
"Celaeno" <cel...@choklit.nospam.org> wrote in message

I have noticed lately that Bih'Li overwrites higher level SoWs now. I used
to constantly have to tell everyone I was casting and if they wanted it, to
drop SoW. It does not overwrite SoE or Wolf form however. Of course, now I
have to make sure that everyone actually wants it before I cast it in group,
not that I've ever had anyone complain, well except for a bard, but they
don't count.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Mystic of 53 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

Celaeno

May 18, 2002, 7:39:49 PM5/18/02
You will not evade me, "Richard" <richar...@netscape.net>:

>I have noticed lately that Bih'Li overwrites higher level SoWs now. I used
>to constantly have to tell everyone I was casting and if they wanted it, to
>drop SoW. It does not overwrite SoE or Wolf form however. Of course, now I
>have to make sure that everyone actually wants it before I cast it in group,
>not that I've ever had anyone complain, well except for a bard, but they
>don't count.

I can't remember the last time I cast pack spirit, but I seem to
recall it overwriting regular sow even then. Nowadays, people tend to
want SoE from me instead of SoW.
Pet peeve: people who beg for wolf form and forget to click off sow
first or don't notice they still have it up (however that's possible)

Richard

May 20, 2002, 9:25:25 AM5/20/02
"Celaeno" <cel...@choklit.nospam.org> wrote in message

I just found out last night, that it did overwrite Wolf Form on a level 57
druid. I think that Verant, once again, big surprise, needs to take a look
at spell overwriting issues.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Mystic of 54 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The

Richard

Jun 17, 2002, 9:23:07 AM6/17/02
"ravinwulf" <ravin...@netscape.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 May 2002 07:25:25 -0600, "Richard"
> <richar...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>

> >I just found out last night, that it did overwrite Wolf Form on a level
57
> >druid. I think that Verant, once again, big surprise, needs to take a
look
> >at spell overwriting issues.
>
> Yep, and group wolf form overwrites any other wolf form, regardless. I
> hate having to recast Form of the Howler after giving out group wolf.
> =P
>
> Mey

Update, I talked to the person, and it did not overwrite the Wolf Form, she
had just lost it as I was casting, so was just coincidence. I don't know
one way or the other if it overwrites it at the moment.