Fear armor for Rogues!

Frankie

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
Verant's original design for Plane of Fear was to have magical armor drop
for all classes. Rogue only armor was slated to drop from Scarelings.
Unfortunately, this "Woven Shadow" armor has been missing since the zone
opened. No patches have addressed this problem to date. It is a glaring
oversight and it is time for Verant to fix this problem. Lustrous Russet
worked for a while, but now that is gone from the Plane as well. Sure,
rogues that were lucky enough to collect it can keep it -- but we are not
going to settle for this bone. We want rogue only armor returned to the
Plane of Fear.

Please voice your opinion by copying and pasting the above statement and
sending it to:
mailto: eqm...@verant.com
mailto: terr...@verant.com
mailto: rh...@verant.com

Jason Irby

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
Sean wrote:

> I would be happy with critical hits on backstab, backstabs that don't do 7.
> Better piercing weapons, abilities that would attract a group to us.
>
> --
> Sean S. -:- ICQ: 1826323
> Zap small files with Zap `Em - http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem
> Visit www.ZenSearch.com a 100% quality search engine
> EQ Log Renamed: http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem/eq
> (Email: sunymoon <AT> GeoCities >DOT< com )
> "I tell you, there's nothing we're afraid to nerf. :)" - Brad McQuaid;
> Everquest Producer

Err, you're kidding me right? Crit on a backstab? omfg.. that would be too
much damage. I am guessing you're very low level if you think a BS max is 7
damage. hehe

Irbanoz
22 Ogre SK
Cazic Thule

Sean

Drac

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
I think his point was a backstab should always do more than 7.

Sadil
Jason Irby wrote in message <380288A0...@erols.com>...

>Sean wrote:
>
>> I would be happy with critical hits on backstab, backstabs that don't do
7.
>> Better piercing weapons, abilities that would attract a group to us.
>>
>> --
>> Sean S. -:- ICQ: 1826323
>> Zap small files with Zap `Em - http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem
>> Visit www.ZenSearch.com a 100% quality search engine
>> EQ Log Renamed: http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem/eq
>> (Email: sunymoon <AT> GeoCities >DOT< com )
>> "I tell you, there's nothing we're afraid to nerf. :)" - Brad McQuaid;
>> Everquest Producer

Sean

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
Comments below...

You need to shut your mouth because you are making yourself look like a
bloody fool. My rogue at level 22 has, on many occasions landed a 7 point
backstab. And no, I am not fooling around; I would play my rogue [more
often] if there was a chance to land a critical backstab.

Frankie

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
The subject here is Fear armor. If you have nothing intelligent to say on
this subject, please create a new thread.

Sam Schlansky

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
fra...@cinenet.net (Frankie) wrote in
<s04uh5...@corp.supernews.com>:

>Verant's original design for Plane of Fear was to have magical armor
>drop for all classes. Rogue only armor was slated to drop from
>Scarelings. Unfortunately, this "Woven Shadow" armor has been
>missing since the zone opened. No patches have addressed this
>problem to date.

Correct. Rogues were fucked.

>It is a glaring oversight and it is time for Verant to fix this
>problem.

That's not going to happen. The latest plans are for woven shadow to
drop in the Plane of Hate. Yep, whenever it's added, you'll be able to
get your stuff. Whenever that might be.

>Lustrous Russet worked for a while, but
>now that is gone from the Plane as well. Sure, rogues that were
>lucky enough to collect it can keep it -- but we are not going to
>settle for this bone.

Lustrous Russet was a bug, plain n' simple. A stupid little oversight.

>We want rogue only armor returned to the Plane of Fear.

Good luck, because it's not going to happen.

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| I speak for myself only unless noted otherwise.

Marcus Stafford

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Drac wrote:

> I think his point was a backstab should always do more than 7.
>
> Sadil

> Jason Irby wrote in message <380288A0...@erols.com>...
> >Sean wrote:
> >
> >> I would be happy with critical hits on backstab, backstabs that don't do
> 7.
> >> Better piercing weapons, abilities that would attract a group to us.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sean S. -:- ICQ: 1826323
> >> Zap small files with Zap `Em - http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem
> >> Visit www.ZenSearch.com a 100% quality search engine
> >> EQ Log Renamed: http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem/eq
> >> (Email: sunymoon <AT> GeoCities >DOT< com )
> >> "I tell you, there's nothing we're afraid to nerf. :)" - Brad McQuaid;
> >> Everquest Producer
> >>

> >Err, you're kidding me right? Crit on a backstab? omfg.. that would be too
> >much damage. I am guessing you're very low level if you think a BS max is
> 7
> >damage. hehe
> >
> >Irbanoz
> >22 Ogre SK
> >Cazic Thule

His point is that a level 15 rogue has a minimum successful backstab damage of
7, and a level 50 rogue has a minimum successful backstab damage of 7. It just
doesn't make sense. Also, a critical hit on backstab would not be too much
damage. Critical hits go off like 1/50 swings or more, and you rarely get more
than 2-3 backstabs during a group fight. That means that once every 25 fights or
so, a rogue might have a chance of doing double or triple damage on his
backstab, which would still be less damage than a similarly levelled wizard
could dish out several times during the same fight. People tend to think that
backstab is the end-all and be-all of melee damage, but it isn't. There simply
aren't that many high damage piercers.

Fomar

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
Hello Frankie,

For whats its worth. There is a rogue message board called the Safehouse and
someone posted there recently that the reason why Ravenscale looks like
chain instead of Plate is because the scarlings (or whatever appropriate
creature) that was to drop Shadow Armor is now dropping it or will begin
when the Ravenscale patch goes live. Which at last check is still on track
for 10/13/99.

In case your interested the URL for the safehouse is:

http://server3.ezboard.com/bthesafehouse

I believe the thread you will be interested in is under the News or Main
Lounge sections.

Hope this is true and helps.

Naytheous
Rogue - Innoruuk