Gotta love Goblins

no one

Jun 18, 2001, 10:45:55 AM6/18/01
Reached LVL 47 with my Enchanter. Went through lvl 45 hell quicker than I
went through 40 and it's all thanks to those loverly Bloodgill Goblins in
the Lake of Ill Omen.

These critters are absolute pussies.

Starting at lvl 44, get ya best pet and buff him up. Cast Air Elemental and
SoW yourself with a potion and float out to one of the pulls. Swim down and
target a Goblin and cast Tashania just within range. Swim up and lev to
shore and keep going to give a little space to move. Keep clicking Entrance
and when both Gobbos come into range one will mez and the other will come at
you. Now do your stuff, flux back off, root it and cast rampage on your pet
occasionally to stop it from dying. Chuck a DD at goblin and it is dead
within seconds. Debuff the mezzed one. Root it and break mez with DD, then
finish it with pet etc.

Rinse repeat.

With a partner, Wizzy, Mage or Druid etc you can pull all the spawn points
with hardly any down time. I cannot believe the exp that these give. At lvl
47 i get quarter blue bub per two spawn kill and they spawn quickly.

Decent plat, the odd gem, some words and the occasional Harpoon of the
Depths and it is worthwhile for the money as well as exp by the bucket load

Garth H

Jun 18, 2001, 12:29:06 PM6/18/01
Yah LoIO is currently THE place to get XP from about lvl 17 on up. I dinged
my Wizzy twice this weekend 22, and 23 in a couple differnt groups at the
goblin mines.
Once they get too blue/green, camping inside the sarnak fortress works.
After you run that dry head over to do Giants in FM or the SW corner of
Overthere.

Finished with that? Gobby time in LoIO again....

Cltch95

Jun 18, 2001, 4:24:14 PM6/18/01
16% bonus in lake of omen...too bad im not a master swimmer or id be down there
too at lvl 47

Dan Harmon

Jun 18, 2001, 5:26:24 PM6/18/01

"Cltch95" <clt...@cs.com> wrote in message

> 16% bonus in lake of omen...too bad im not a master swimmer or id be down
there
> too at lvl 47

I understand that this is actually a myth.

Simond

Jun 18, 2001, 5:28:42 PM6/18/01

Cltch95 <clt...@cs.com> wrote in message
> 16% bonus in lake of omen...too bad im not a master swimmer or id be
down there
> too at lvl 47

Didn't the xp bonus in LOIO get nuked a few months back?

--
Simond
AKA

Garth H

Jun 18, 2001, 7:33:13 PM6/18/01

> Didn't the xp bonus in LOIO get nuked a few months back?

Well if it did get nuked, then LoIO is still a great place to level.

The only down fall is that you don't learn real dungeon skills there. I have
managed to get some very different groups to Pull like crazy though.
The best skill I am learning in LoIO is Tactics for Group Makeup. You play a
lot different with 3 Wizzys, A Shammy, A Bard, and an Enchanter than you do
with 1 Wizzy, 2 wars, a CL, a rouge, and an SK.

The 3 Wizzy group dropped Mobs fast, Like less than 15 Seconds a Mob, but
when we were OOM, things came to a stand still.

Needless to say, LoIO is still a great place to get xp...so long as you are
learning how to work together too.....

Tim Smith

Jun 19, 2001, 12:24:15 AM6/19/01
On 18 Jun 2001 20:24:14 GMT, Cltch95 <clt...@cs.com> wrote:
>16% bonus in lake of omen...too bad im not a master swimmer or id be
>down there too at lvl 47

There has never been a 16% bonus in Ill Omen. There used to be a 33%
bonus, but when the ZEM's were retuned a few months ago, Ill Omen's ZEM
was changed to 75, just like most other outdoor zones.

--Tim Smith

Dan Day

Jun 19, 2001, 1:37:39 AM6/19/01
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:56:45 -0400, DaFox <Super...@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
>Tactic was to dive down with DMF on, break the double spawns with Screaming Terror,
>pull one with Vamp-curse (or BoD when I hit 49), surface and run to shore to pet, sic
>pet when the gob came out of the water, then stick darkness and fear, back off pet
>(for max exp at L 50+) and dot to death. I had JBoots so I could easily out run them
>and swim skill was 190ish at the time, so I could out swim them too.

Hehe -- that's way too complicated.

My Paladin dinged to 50 (soloing) by just swimming down to where the
Bloodgill Goblins live (while wearing a Fishbone Earring, which gives
permanent Enduring Breath), and simply beating them to death one after
another.