10/28/99 Patch Message

Skip Sanders

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Ok, Here's today's patch message, lots of stuff:
--------
October 28th, 7:00am
--------------------

*General Enhancements*

User Adjustable Clipping-plane

We have recently implemented a user adjustable clipping-plane. This will
allow players with higher-end hardware to move out the distance at which the
3D world geometry is drawn into view, as well as the ability for players
with lower-end hardware to pull this distance in, to further improve
frame-rate. To utilize this new feature, you may do so by adjusting the
clipping-plane slider bar located in the "Options"-"Display" directory,
in-game. Sliding the bar left will reduce the distance at which the
geometry is drawn in to view, whereas sliding the bar to the right will
expand this distance. The following rules apply as to which zones the
adjustable clipping-plane may be used in:

- The clipping-plane can be pushed back in outdoor zones only.
- Zones designed with heavy fog (e.g. tox, innothule, etc), the
clipping-plane can only be adjusted slightly.

Additional chat filters have been added to filter out any unwanted text.

*Zone Enhancements*

Kedge Keep has been enhanced with both new items and creatures. Please keep
in mind, Kedge Keep was tested thoroughly in-house only, therefore, some
additional tuning enhancements may need to be made now that it is available
on the live servers.

*Class Enhancements*

Warrior - % increase on critical hits
Rogue - +8 poison resistance
Paladin - +8 disease resistance
Ranger - +4 Fire +4 Cold resistance
ShadowKnight - +4 Poison +4 Disease resistance
Monk - +8 Fire resistance

Shadowknights may now use the following spells:

- LifeTap may now be cast at level 9.
- LifeSpike may now be cast at level 15.
- LifeDraw may now be cast at level 30.

The LifeTap, LifeSpike, and LifeDraw spell scrolls may be purchased from any
ShadowKnight spell vendor.

To make room for these new spells, the following spells are no longer
available for ShadowKnights:

- Reclaim Energy
- Mend Bones
- Voice Graft

*Spell Enhancements*

- Level 35+ casters will now automatically meditate while sitting.

- Invoke Fear (Necromancer, Enchanter, SK, and Cleric) has both had it's
casting time and mana cost reduced.
- Charm spells now message the message when they break (Enchanter, Bard,
Necromancer, Druid)
- Magician pets now have new spells.
- Ensnare (Druid) has had it's casting time reduced.
- High level Necromancer and Magician pets now look different.
- Illusions (Enchanter) have had their duration increased.
- Tishan and Markar's Clash spells (Wizard) have had their casting times
reduced.
- Some in-game Bardic instruments have had their stats increased to
appropriate levels. Items effected are the Minotaur horn, Small Brass
Trumpet, and the Drum. Some non-magic instruments have been made magic.
These are the Mistmoore Battle Drums, the Lute of the Gypsy Princess and
Kelin's Practice Lute.
- Bards with magic gloves and magic instruments may now punch creatures that
require magic to damage.

*New Emote Animations*

The following emotes now have unique animations:

/bored /yawn /agree /amaze
/boggle /gasp /apologize /plead
/grovel /applaud /clap /bleed
/hungry /blush /cackle /chuckle
/giggle /snicker /cough /burp
/cringe /duck /curious /puzzled
/stare /dance /veto /disbelief
/snarl /glare /peer /whistles
/drool /kneel /point /shrug
/ponder /raise /ready /salute
/shiver /tap /thanks /bow

*Item Enhancements*

- A number of existing high-level weapons models have been replaced with
new, much more visually appealing versions.

*Trade Skill Enhancements*

Enhancements have been made to the Tinkering trade skill to facilitate
underwater breathing.

- The EverQuest Team

--
skip...@san.rr.com

Randy Neumann

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for those of
you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.

"Skip Sanders" <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

bmc...@no.spam.ca

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Here's hoping my Ebony Blade is black now ;)

- Boone

>Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for those of
>you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.

E*Borg

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
In article <rWZR3.1171$5e2.1...@newsr1.san.rr.com>,

"Skip Sanders" <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote:

> *New Emote Animations*
>
> The following emotes now have unique animations:
>
> /bored /yawn /agree /amaze
> /boggle /gasp /apologize /plead
> /grovel /applaud /clap /bleed
> /hungry /blush /cackle /chuckle
> /giggle /snicker /cough /burp
> /cringe /duck /curious /puzzled
> /stare /dance /veto /disbelief
> /snarl /glare /peer /whistles
> /drool /kneel /point /shrug
> /ponder /raise /ready /salute
> /shiver /tap /thanks /bow

Dumb question: Does anybody have an updated list of all emotes in the
game?

--Brikk Hauss (Ogre Warrior 23 on Bertoxx)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Austin Powers

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Yeah and maybe the blackened iron bastard sword will actually be black in
appearance.

<bmc...@no.spam.ca> wrote in message

Joe D

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Skip Sanders <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> *Trade Skill Enhancements*

> Enhancements have been made to the Tinkering trade skill to facilitate
> underwater breathing.

Scuba tanks?

Joe D
--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Zor

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Bah, I just want a fine steel Fine Steel Great Staff. This wooden one
sucks...

Austin Powers wrote in message
<7va0bf$647$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

>Yeah and maybe the blackened iron bastard sword will actually be black in
>appearance.
>
><bmc...@no.spam.ca> wrote in message
>> Here's hoping my Ebony Blade is black now ;)
>>
>> - Boone
>>

>> >Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for
those
>of
>> >you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.

>with

bal...@my-deja.com

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

> Dumb question: Does anybody have an updated list of all emotes in the
> game?
>
> --Brikk Hauss (Ogre Warrior 23 on Bertoxx)
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

http://everquest.gamestats.com/emotes.html

Shrike

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Randy Neumann wrote:

> Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for those of
> you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.

Well, Druids got dick-all in this patch, so I hope people are happy
now... :-P

--

Hanrahan, Druid in Fennin Ro, Griffin Snack.

"Remember, you reap what you SoW."

Randy Neumann

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
I got a 25 druid too, so I feel your pain.

"Shrike" <shr...@alcaudon.com> wrote in message

Shortest Barbarian On The Block

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
> Dumb question: Does anybody have an updated list of all emotes in the
> game?

They get added to your readme file every time there's a patch :)

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Cthulhu rose up and ate him.

Brian Cully

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
In article <381834...@alcaudon.com>, Shrike <shr...@alcaudon.com> wrote:
>Well, Druids got dick-all in this patch, so I hope people are happy
>now... :-P

Yep, we monks get everything again. I love how every single patch
always has stuff for us in it, then I can laugh at the casters who
never get anything, especially druids.

Archi Tuttle
Monk at Large
Innoruuk

Bill Sears

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Shrike wrote:
> Well, Druids got dick-all in this patch, so I hope people are happy
> now... :-P

Actually I'm happy that nothing else was taken away from us. ;)

I'd really like some new quests and maybe a couple of bones thrown our
way to make up for what we have lost.

But I'm sometimes just happy to not attract the attention of the gods,
because once they focus on you who knows what might happen.

Bill

Faeri Min

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
What are you talking about? Casting time for Ensnare was reduced. 8-p

Btw, does anyone actually use Ensnare? The one time I tried it it damn near
got me killed.

> Randy Neumann wrote:
> >
> > Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for
those of
> > you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.
>

> Well, Druids got dick-all in this patch, so I hope people are happy
> now... :-P

Victor

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99

Shrike wrote:

> Randy Neumann wrote:
> >
> > Would be nice if my GZ looks gigantic when I log in later ) j/k for those of
> > you that will tell me it doesn't fit into that category.
>
> Well, Druids got dick-all in this patch, so I hope people are happy
> now... :-P

As someone else put it, they got "a weiner sandwich, hold the bread."

I'd settle for a few more quests that druids of the non-halfling varieties can do
for items, as opposed to class enhancements.

E*Borg

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
In article <19991028171113...@ng-fe1.aol.com>,

kaya...@aol.comtwnkthis (Shortest Barbarian On The Block) wrote:
> > Dumb question: Does anybody have an updated list of all emotes in
the
> > game?
>
> They get added to your readme file every time there's a patch :)

I have a readme file? <G>

--Brikk