Faction of Bankers?

Rob Rimbold

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00

I've got a Dark Elf Necromancer, and am wondering if I'll ever be able to bank
in a place other than Neriak.

Bankers don't seem to share the same factions as merchants in the couple places that
I've raised my faction (Kelethin and Kaladim). Is it possible to raise your faction with
a banker? If so, where, and how?

BTW: I've learned that it *is* possible to max out your faction. I no longer receive
positive faction messages from killing Orcs in Greater Faydark or Crushbone, since
my faction there is as good as it can get - Dubious. :-)

Dacaur

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
I have a dark elf in rivervale (had to kill A LOT of gobs, the guards look
at me warmly now....) I cannot buy or sell anything there yet, but I CAN
bank...... hell if you can get a HALFLING to bank you, anyone will (you the
whole dark elves eating halflings and all...)

Rob Rimbold <rim...@gate.net> wrote in message

John

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00

> bank...... hell if you can get a HALFLING to bank you, anyone will (you
the
> whole dark elves eating halflings and all...)

And damn, they taste great.

-Vsove

Rob Rimbold

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

Answering my own question, in part, I've discovered that I can bank in North Freeport
with a Dubious faction to the banker there.

Do any of you other DE Necros have a list of places that you've successfully or
unsuccessfully banked? What factions were involved?

Ray Rocker

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <39850017...@gate.net>, Rob Rimbold <rim...@gate.net> wrote:

>Answering my own question, in part, I've discovered that I can bank in North
>Freeport with a Dubious faction to the banker there.
>
>Do any of you other DE Necros have a list of places that you've successfully
>or unsuccessfully banked? What factions were involved?

There is a banker in the Qeynos Aqueducts, in the Human necro/SK
guild area. If you're not familiar with that zone, get a map,
because it's quite literally a maze down there. Factions for
most NPCs in the zone start out dubious or apprehensive for
DE necros.

Also, banking in Oggok is no problem. Grobb is probably OK too,
but I've not tried.

--
Ray Rocker
roc...@datasync.com

Dagoril

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
> Do any of you other DE Necros have a list of places that you've successfully or
> unsuccessfully banked? What factions were involved?

Only places with screwy banker factions that I have encountered, are
Halas and Oggok. The Halas banker will even attack barbarians, if they
do the wrong quests too often. This does not affect Dark Elf necros, as
they can't get into Halas to bank anyway. There seems to be no way to
raise faction there.

The Oggok bank is safe for DEs, but you will note that he cons
differently than the merchants. I think he is Ogre Shadowknight faction,
but am not sure.

By far the hardest part of banking as a dark elf, is dealing with the
npcs in between the gates and the bank :)

--Dag

GirlPlayer

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
I never tried Halas, but my DE necro could bank in Grobb and
Oggok with no problems. Everyone there conned dubious.

Using the bank in Qeynos would have saved a LOT of problems,
especially when I was hunting on the plains and someone gave me
1000 silver... *sigh*

If you went to Kunark, I think you could use the ogre outpost
there...? They *do* have a bank, right? :) It's never been a
concern to my lizard shaman, but it would be good to know.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Skip Sanders

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

"GirlPlayer" <nakimeN...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

> I never tried Halas, but my DE necro could bank in Grobb and
> Oggok with no problems. Everyone there conned dubious.
>
> Using the bank in Qeynos would have saved a LOT of problems,
> especially when I was hunting on the plains and someone gave me
> 1000 silver... *sigh*
>
> If you went to Kunark, I think you could use the ogre outpost
> there...? They *do* have a bank, right? :) It's never been a
> concern to my lizard shaman, but it would be good to know.

Well, if you're high enough level, say, 38+, you can bank in Runnyeye. Too
high for the goblins to aggro on you, and they have a banker.

MadBomma®

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

"Skip Sanders" <skip...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

I banked there today with a level 35 necro that conned the green banker as
"ready to attack".

Dan Day

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 18:43:01 GMT, "John" <vsove...@no.sp.am.stratics.com>
wrote:

Like chicken?

--
"How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the
plain Meaning of Words!"
--Samuel Adams (1722-1803), letter to John Pitts, January 21, 1776

Dan Day

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:42:49 -0400, Rob Rimbold <rim...@gate.net> wrote:

>I've got a Dark Elf Necromancer, and am wondering if I'll ever be able to bank
>in a place other than Neriak.

They'll welcome you with open arms in the outpost in The Overthere
(in Kunark). It's an "evil" outpost.

Dream King

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
>Well, if you're high enough level, say, 38+, you can bank in Runnyeye. Too
>high for the goblins to aggro on you, and they have a banker.

The banker will usually aggro on you though, which sometimes makes a
few of the goblins around him mad and they'll attack too. I was there at
50 and they attacked me. Not that they are any sort of a problem though.

John Muir

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:38:08 GMT, d...@firstnethou.com (Dan Day) wrote:

>>I've got a Dark Elf Necromancer, and am wondering if I'll ever be able to bank
>>in a place other than Neriak.
>
>They'll welcome you with open arms in the outpost in The Overthere
>(in Kunark). It's an "evil" outpost.

There is now a Banker in the Qeynos sewer system for evil races and
classes which is handy for DEs. My Human Necro is indifferent in the
Qeynos Bank proper as well so they may be on the beta-neutral faction
even though the rest of my Qeynos faction has long since been hosed.

--
Venemous Mynx
Necromancer of 44 Souls

Lance Berg

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

John Muir wrote:

> There is now a Banker in the Qeynos sewer system for evil races and
> classes which is handy for DEs. My Human Necro is indifferent in the
> Qeynos Bank proper as well so they may be on the beta-neutral faction
> even though the rest of my Qeynos faction has long since been hosed.

Discovering this has made my new human SK a delight to play,
its like High Keep; a combat zone with a banker and merchants
in zone, no more zoning in and out just to clear out loot. In
fact, at his level, the fact that one of the merchants has some
rawhide pieces means he _rarely_ leaves the aqueduct at all,
the money sink is handy too. If there was a food and drink
source, he'd probably come out of the sewers at 10th level
as white as a slug.

Nektu, Fifth Night
Pente, 18th Element

Dagoril

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
> Using the bank in Qeynos would have saved a LOT of problems,
> especially when I was hunting on the plains and someone gave me
> 1000 silver... *sigh*

My DE necro used the bank in Qeynos, when he was still KOS to the guards
in there. He would hide down under the arena, where the evil warriors
are (watch out for the chyk IN the arena hehe...she cons dubious but
will attack if she sees you). Run into the bank invis, bank quickly,
invis again and run back under the arena. Guards and OrderOfThree NPCs
do wander around outside the bank, and I'm pretty sure they will attack
thru the walls of the bank. Having fd memmed is probably a good idea,
but I never had a problem in there.

Now that there is a bank in the sewer, evil races have it easy. When I
was young, we had to walk for MILES just to get to a bank!!....haha

--Dag

Dan Day

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:31:31 -0400, Lance Berg <emp...@success.net> wrote:
>Discovering this has made my new human SK a delight to play,
>its like High Keep; a combat zone with a banker and merchants
>in zone, no more zoning in and out just to clear out loot. In
>fact, at his level, the fact that one of the merchants has some
>rawhide pieces means he _rarely_ leaves the aqueduct at all,
>the money sink is handy too. If there was a food and drink
>source, he'd probably come out of the sewers at 10th level
>as white as a slug.

I spent four full levels (22-26) "out in the field" in Overthere
and Warsliks Woods, never once visiting a bank or merchant
(as a Paladin I'm unwelcome in the Overthere outpost, and
the run to FV seemed too long and dangerous). But I got
by okay with visits from Iksar friends who shuttled food
and supplies to me, and exchanged small coins for large.

It was fun seeing how long I could stay "in the woods",
but by the time I finally made the run to the FV town and
bank, I got this odd feeling that I really needed a shower. :-)

Simond

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
Just as a FYI, but I did the 'Initiate's Symbol of Justice' quest at the
weekend with Morrighan, and one of the faction messages for part of the
quest (the 'Wanted Poster' delivery part) was:
'Your faction with Bankers got better'

--
Simond AKA
Morrighan, Barbarian Shaman, Vallon Zek