Sigh, major shaman nerf.

Ian Fan

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Ok, this has to be the lamest and most severe Shaman nerf of all time.

The lowering of Togor's Insect's effectiveness, Togor's was pretty much the
best spell a shaman had. It was one of the few things that made us useful
other than Talisman (for HP) and Strength (for ATK). It was one of the
things the shaman could hold onto and call his own, and say proudly when a
enchanter was around to tell him not to cast his level 44 slowing spell
because ours was better. Now, enchanters can slow as much or better than a
shaman.. not to mention other things. The justification is very lame in my
eyes, it was done just so the lvl 51+ spells *might* be more effective than
the original Togors. Why not just leave Togors alone, and make the lvl 51+
slowing spells *more* effective (instead of making current spells *less*
effective) - Abashi once said, I do not recall the post.. but he replied to
someone (regarding class balance) and said something like "It would not be
practical to nerf something just to make something else more powerful or
balanced." Well, thats what just happened..

Giving Malosi to Magicians was yet another nef, one of the most useful
shaman combat spells (even though it pretty much had to be used with a
enchanter).. this is another spell that made the shaman stand out, but now
Magicians get the same spell, at the same level (49).

Lowering Strength.. yet another major one, some people may argue its
effectiveness but in my opinion it was very useful for melee classes since
it helped them hit alot more because of the increased atk, because of this
it would help alot more against higher level (red) mobs. The reasoning for
this is that the x y z a b c oh it doesnt matter.. was screwed up in the
beginning and then was never looked upon till now, a full year after the
game's release. I wouldn't care if the game was released with it giving 50
or whatever str, but now that it is what it is after a year, I do care.
After a full year of retail release and over a year of beta testing you
didnt have someone check over the spells to make sure they were correct?

The manastone nerf I can live with, since we have Cannibalize (or is Verant
nerfing that too to make another spell almost exactly the same 'worthwhile'
to use?)

The disease nerf I lived with, I kited quite abit, because I could never
find groups earlier on - and this was a major hit.. yet that I lived with.

The pet nerf, that was ..ok.., even though I used it often in permafrost
because my DD there was worthless. The thing that bothers me regarding this
is, enchanter pets were never nerfed.. Wasn't this change supposed to be
directed at all pets? Or was that just another error in putting in the data
also?

The guise nerf (casting time of about 6 seconds) was just a pain in the
ass.. yet I lived with it.

But this nerf, this has to be the WORST series of nerfs Shaman's have ever
recieved. And whats worse is it has the worst justification for being
nerfed.

Oh well, thats just my opinion. And it won't do anything to change this and
it wont mean anything to anyone at Verant.

Erik Halvorsen

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

>The pet nerf, that was ..ok.., even though I used it often in permafrost
>because my DD there was worthless. The thing that bothers me regarding this
>is, enchanter pets were never nerfed.. Wasn't this change supposed to be
>directed at all pets? Or was that just another error in putting in the data
>also?

The Enchanter Pet WAS nerfed, and still has half the HP's of
shaman/necro pet, we still can't command them, and have to use much of
our mana buffing them for them to be any help at all, personally I
don't use it much.

The thing worth a complaint here was Togor's and I agree about that,
it really sucks to be a level 50 shaman now.

Lol.

Hedda

Sergey Dashevskiy

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
Actually what scares me about the Togor's nerf is that it was only
reduced by 5%, still leaving it the best attack speed debuff in the
game. And it gets TWO upgrades in 50+ levels. I wonder what will the
second be? A two minute stun? :)

In article <89qibb$j5r$1...@dagger.ab.videon.ca>, i...@v-wave.com says...

> The pet nerf, that was ..ok.., even though I used it often in permafrost
> because my DD there was worthless. The thing that bothers me regarding this
> is, enchanter pets were never nerfed.. Wasn't this change supposed to be
> directed at all pets? Or was that just another error in putting in the data
> also?

Ian Fan

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
No, it wasn't nerfed.

Enchanter pets used to have a max hit of 51 or 52hp, at the same time, necro
and mage pets hit for a max of 70, and shamans a max of 57.

Post patch, enchanter pets hit the same.. for a while these pets were awsome
because it had a very (relatively) low mana cost - 300, compared to 500 and
550 for other classes. And it was very common for them to do 4x53, with dual
daggers +SLW.

Erik Halvorsen <erik.ha...@jernia.no> wrote in message

> >The pet nerf, that was ..ok.., even though I used it often in permafrost
> >because my DD there was worthless. The thing that bothers me regarding
this
> >is, enchanter pets were never nerfed.. Wasn't this change supposed to be
> >directed at all pets? Or was that just another error in putting in the
data
> >also?

Erik Halvorsen

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
The patch were necro pet's were nerfed about a month ago, nerfed the
chanters as well, giving the pets weapons no longer lowers their
delay, and increase their output. Our pets are wimps, and only worth
it for their taunt ability, at higher levels we don't use our pets to
deal damage, unless you're talking of charmed mobs, or at early
levels, where it's pretty much needed to solo.

Hedda

Sergey Dashevskiy

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
In article <38c5b810...@news.eunet.no>, erik.ha...@jernia.no
says...

> The patch were necro pet's were nerfed about a month ago, nerfed the
> chanters as well, giving the pets weapons no longer lowers their
> delay, and increase their output.

It increases their output by making them dual wield

> Our pets are wimps, and only worth
> it for their taunt ability, at higher levels we don't use our pets to
> deal damage, unless you're talking of charmed mobs, or at early
> levels, where it's pretty much needed to solo.

Actually, chanter pets are pretty decent, given a right situation.
Snare/fear, have pet help ranger

> Hedda

Ian Fan

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
I am talking about months ago, about 5 months ago. At higher levels, I beg
to differ; a lvl 49 enchanter's pet with slw and daggers used to kill a SF
cyc in about 90seconds.. and all the enchanter had to do was cast beserker
spirit on it once or twice.

> The patch were necro pet's were nerfed about a month ago, nerfed the
> chanters as well, giving the pets weapons no longer lowers their

> delay, and increase their output. Our pets are wimps, and only worth

> it for their taunt ability, at higher levels we don't use our pets to
> deal damage, unless you're talking of charmed mobs, or at early
> levels, where it's pretty much needed to solo.

Alasdair Allan

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Ian Fan <i...@v-wave.com> wrote
> Lowering Strength.. yet another major one, some people may argue its
> effectiveness but in my opinion it was very useful for melee classes since
> it helped them hit alot more because of the increased atk

Fucking moron.

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism

Alasdair Allan

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Erik Halvorsen <erik.ha...@jernia.no> wrote

> The patch were necro pet's were nerfed about a month ago, nerfed the
> chanters as well, giving the pets weapons no longer lowers their
> delay, and increase their output. Our pets are wimps, and only worth
> it for their taunt ability, at higher levels we don't use our pets to
> deal damage, unless you're talking of charmed mobs, or at early
> levels, where it's pretty much needed to solo.

Your inability to play an Enchanter is well known from other threads.

So fuck off and learn some play skills.

Ian Fan

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Yeah ok, fuck you too.