Book passage to Velious?

Pacer Silverfang

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
In Freeport, there is a sign on the boathouse which says "book
passage/Faydwer/Kunark". I was in Erudin tonight. There is also a sign:

Book Passage
Qeynos
Velious

Velious. Hmmm.....

---
Pacer Silverfang, Ranger
Innoruuk

Author Lau

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
It is the volcanlo island in erudit crossing.

Pacer Silverfang <pace...@remove-this.iname.com> wrote in message

Billy Shields

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
Author Lau <aut...@taiyoink.com.hk> wrote:
: It is the volcanlo island in erudit crossing.

No actually Vellious is a whole new continent. It was probably
planned for release in the retail box (note the box says "five
continents") and it is referred to by several NPCs (only in
Everfrost that I've seen so far).

According to the storyline of Norrath, Kunark is the last refuge
of the Combine Empire. If you kill in Sol A or B you'll notice
you'll lose or gain faction with KunarkFireGiants. This seems to
indicate that the FGs have their home in Kunark. The information
about Kunark seems to indicate that there are a lot of giants there
too.

Talk to the barbarian NPCs in Everfrost and they will talk about
Permafrost. They will say that it is the home of the last remaining
Ice Giants. The rest have long since gone to the ice covered
continent of Vellious.

I haven't seen that sign in Erudin but am somewhat surprised its
there. I would've expected the boat there to be from Halas if
anywhere.

Still I doubt we'll see Vellious anytime soon (if at all). Maybe
EQ3?

: Pacer Silverfang <pace...@remove-this.iname.com> wrote in message

:>
:>

Matt Frisch

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:19:05 -0500, "Pacer Silverfang"
<pace...@remove-this.iname.com> scribed into the ether:

>In Freeport, there is a sign on the boathouse which says "book
>passage/Faydwer/Kunark". I was in Erudin tonight. There is also a sign:
>
>Book Passage
>Qeynos
>Velious
>
>Velious. Hmmm.....

Talk to Tundra Jack, he'll mention that the ice giants pulled up stakes and
moved to Velious, the continent is also mentioned in the history of norrath
in the game manual.

Probably never going to make it...the whole place would be incredibly
dull...there is only so much you can do with an icy wasteland.

Memspector

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00

>Book Passage
>Qeynos
>Velious

As I understand it, originally there where going to be five continants, then
they decided to scrunch all the zones into three continants. Kunakr was going
to have the southern stuff and Velious was going to have the Northing zones.
When they released the game with three continants they didn't remove the extra
docks, signs, NPC dialog. It's important to note that the new Kunark expansion
IS NOT the reinstallment of Kunark, it's the addition of newly developed zones
in a continant using the same name as one of the original five.

Fabno Licious

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
Velious is supposedly south of erudin and antonicca, right inbetween them
and south alot if memory recalls right..
but I dont see how a boat could get out of halas. hehe

it should be a velious/erudin and a velious/qeynos passage, there are 2
docks in qeynos anyways.. and in erudin, how could you tell where the boat
is going? theres 1 dock with a dumbshit ferry

--

[33 Enchanter] Fabno (Erudite) <Warriors of Apocalypse>
Erollisi Marr

"Billy Shields" <ran...@opera.iinet.net.au> wrote in message

> Author Lau <aut...@taiyoink.com.hk> wrote:
> : It is the volcanlo island in erudit crossing.
>
> No actually Vellious is a whole new continent. It was probably
> planned for release in the retail box (note the box says "five
> continents") and it is referred to by several NPCs (only in
> Everfrost that I've seen so far).
>
> According to the storyline of Norrath, Kunark is the last refuge
> of the Combine Empire. If you kill in Sol A or B you'll notice
> you'll lose or gain faction with KunarkFireGiants. This seems to
> indicate that the FGs have their home in Kunark. The information
> about Kunark seems to indicate that there are a lot of giants there
> too.
>
> Talk to the barbarian NPCs in Everfrost and they will talk about
> Permafrost. They will say that it is the home of the last remaining
> Ice Giants. The rest have long since gone to the ice covered
> continent of Vellious.
>
> I haven't seen that sign in Erudin but am somewhat surprised its
> there. I would've expected the boat there to be from Halas if
> anywhere.
>
> Still I doubt we'll see Vellious anytime soon (if at all). Maybe
> EQ3?
>
> : Pacer Silverfang <pace...@remove-this.iname.com> wrote in message
> : news:sbumaob...@news.supernews.com...

> :> In Freeport, there is a sign on the boathouse which says "book

> :> passage/Faydwer/Kunark". I was in Erudin tonight. There is also a
sign:
> :>
> :> Book Passage
> :> Qeynos
> :> Velious
> :>
> :> Velious. Hmmm.....

Ian Firth

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
In article <38bf7a78$0$19...@motown.iinet.net.au>,
ran...@opera.iinet.net.au says...

> No actually Vellious is a whole new continent. It was probably
> planned for release in the retail box (note the box says "five
> continents") and it is referred to by several NPCs (only in
> Everfrost that I've seen so far).

My box says "three continents"...

--
Regards,
Ian Firth

Fabno Licious

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
cool, maybe they fixed it.. mine says 5 though.
"Explore five enormous continents, as well as other planes and dimensions,
even underwater zones."

--

[33 Enchanter] Fabno (Erudite) <Warriors of Apocalypse>
Erollisi Marr

"Ian Firth" <i...@divsoft.com> wrote in message

Ecwfrk

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
In article <sbumaob...@news.supernews.com>, pacerdawn@remove-
this.iname.com says...

> In Freeport, there is a sign on the boathouse which says "book
> passage/Faydwer/Kunark". I was in Erudin tonight. There is also a sign:

That's another thing about the expansion. Is the boat ride from BB to FP
going to take even longer now? Instead of just the 15 minutes ride
through OoT you get stuck going all the way to Kunark first?
I'd rather jab myself in the eye with a rusty dagger.

> Book Passage
> Qeynos
> Velious
>
> Velious. Hmmm.....

Velious will probably be the next expansion pack. Then #3 will be the
Alternate Plains expansion. Then it's smooth sailing until the EQ Gold
Deluxe Limited Collectors Edition is released.
Of course you won't "need" to purchace the expansions. Because they won;t
actually change the game mechanics for people buying the expansions. Only
the lands and races they can play. And what levels they can reach. What
spells they can have. Blah balh blah... But they'll be able to use the
new items, they just won't ever be able to kill the new level 52 green to
a 60 MoB that it comes off of.

Panicx

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Nope, two boats at BB..

Edward James Kilsdonk

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
In article <MPG.132b8586d...@news.usenetserver.com>,

Ecwfrk <ecw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>In article <sbumaob...@news.supernews.com>, pacerdawn@remove-
>this.iname.com says...
>> In Freeport, there is a sign on the boathouse which says "book
>> passage/Faydwer/Kunark". I was in Erudin tonight. There is also a sign:
>
>That's another thing about the expansion. Is the boat ride from BB to FP
>going to take even longer now? Instead of just the 15 minutes ride
>through OoT you get stuck going all the way to Kunark first?
>I'd rather jab myself in the eye with a rusty dagger.

The new boats should be leaving from the left-side dock in
Butcherblock - the dock that has the little house and the
fishing NPC.

I do not know the Freeport docks well enough to recall where
the Kunark boat will leave from, but they should be running a
new shuttle from freeport to Kunark as well.

Ted K.
Willaena on E'ci
--
Edward J. Kilsdonk Look, ytte is written in Olde. It muste
Graduate Student, History bee fromme before they invented fpelling.

Joe D

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
Edward James Kilsdonk <ej...@node12.unix.virginia.edu> wrote:
> I do not know the Freeport docks well enough to recall where
> the Kunark boat will leave from, but they should be running a
> new shuttle from freeport to Kunark as well.

Talk to Lenka in the tavern at the docks in Freeport. Ask her about the
[Kunark Run].

What I'm wondering about is, since there will be boats to Kunark from
Butcherblock, Freeport and Qeynos, will it be possible to take the boat from
Qeynos to Kunark, then get on the boat from Kunark to Butcherblock?

Depending on how they route the boats, and the number of docking points on
Kunark, you may be able to short-circuit the walk across Antonica.

Joe D
--
The extreme always makes an impression.

Edward James Kilsdonk

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

I speculate that you will have the choice of walking across
Antonicia or of taking 2 boats and walking around Kunark.

Of course, since the toughest zones on Kunark are supposed to
be at the coast (in order to welcome all the new high-level
visitors) this might not be an attractive alternative.

Ted K.