Wish List: Shrink

Michael J. Kaspar

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
You were probably standing in the wrong spot. You need to walk past the
window, then look over your left shoulder from long range into the bank. F9
key 4 times. If your not standing as close as possible to the wall next to
the banker I can see it not working.

--
Michael J. Kaspar
ICQ3025001
Shortest Barbarian On The Block <kaya...@aol.comtwnkthis> wrote in message
> Add to my wishlist that I'd like Shrink to be able to be cast anywhere--or
at
> least add zones where large races can't fit through the doors easily to
the
> list. Not only will it mean visiting Barbarians won't need to go to
Felwithe
> to bank, but in places like Highhold Keep, they won't risk blocking
doorways or
> hallways anymore. (Nor will the occasional troll or ogre who sneaks in.)
>
> (BTW, as for banking through the window in Kelethin, I've never had that
work.)

> <i>There are some things you can't share without
> ending up liking each other, and knocking out a
> twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.</i>
> -- J.K. Rowlings

Shortest Barbarian On The Block

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

Alasdair Allan

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Shortest Barbarian On The Block <kaya...@aol.comtwnkthis> wrote
> Add to my wishlist that I'd like Shrink to be able to be cast
anywhere--or at
> least add zones where large races can't fit through the doors easily to
the
> list. Not only will it mean visiting Barbarians won't need to go to
Felwithe
> to bank, but in places like Highhold Keep, they won't risk blocking
doorways or
> hallways anymore. (Nor will the occasional troll or ogre who sneaks in.)
>
> (BTW, as for banking through the window in Kelethin, I've never had that
work.)

Nor I but its possible for Shamans. Here is what you do :-

Move your character to near where the banker is by tip-toeing around the
side of the bank.

Switch to third person view and target someone who is entering the bank.

Cast Vision on that person to switch your sight to his eyes.

You can then right click the banker when that person approaches.

I initially tried this by just casting vision but the engine appears to
check the character postion too, so you need to be within normal range of
the banker. Vision means you can see him to right click.

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism

Bearil

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Its easier if you cast Vision on the Banker then switch to overhead
view. That way you don't have to camp the random spawn Wood Elves that
use the bank.

Bearil

Ron Cole

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
>Nor I but its possible for Shamans. Here is what you do :-

You don't need spells, just careful positioning, it becomes quite easy with
practice.

_____
| |
| B | P
/ \
/ \
/ \
| |

| |
\ / V
\ /

For the banker or mechants (B) in the back of room like this, you must
stand within normal range for such transactions (P). Then switch to your
4th(? last one before first person) view position, and use the mouse and
view changing buttons to get your point of view (V) to where you can see
the banker through a window. Then, if nobody is blocking you, you can
select the banker/merchant and do business as usual. Also, for some
merchants/trainers that are near the front door, you can click on them
through a crack in the door when its open. The door opening itself is,
unfortunately, not aligned properly to see the merchant, the open door
blocks him.

_____
| |
| |
/ \
/ \
/ \
| |
| |
\ /
P \ | /
\_| __/

Some doors have a wider gap than others, some have no gap at all (*), in
which case I haven't found a way to get to them. The thing to remember is
that you can not have anything between you (P) and your point of view (V),
or the view is moved in front of the blocking object. So, it does take a
little practice to get these tricks to work every time. But my Barbarian
Warrior has no trouble getting everything he needs in Kelethin.

Those ascii diagrams require a fixed width font or they won't make any
sense at all. Variations in line height may cause them to look wrong, but
this does work just fine.

(*) This is yet another example of poor design decisions. There are many
of these huts with the exact same layout, yet the doors, being a separate
object so it can be opened, are not attached via an offset to the hut
object, but placed manually. I imagine if you moved one of the buildings,
the door would still be there, opening and closing in the middle of
nowhere.

Chris 'schnoz' Zeeb

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
It would be nice if Shamans could make a shrink potion with the soon to be
fixed alchemy skill, or perhaps be able to buy such a potion from vendors at
a reasonable price (although I think player made would be much better).

Getting around in dungeons with an ogre or troll in your party is just
painful in every way unless they are shrunk.

Shortest Barbarian On The Block wrote in message
<19991208203248...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...

>Add to my wishlist that I'd like Shrink to be able to be cast anywhere--or
at
>least add zones where large races can't fit through the doors easily to the
>list. Not only will it mean visiting Barbarians won't need to go to
Felwithe
>to bank, but in places like Highhold Keep, they won't risk blocking
doorways or
>hallways anymore. (Nor will the occasional troll or ogre who sneaks in.)
>
>(BTW, as for banking through the window in Kelethin, I've never had that
work.)

Matt Frisch

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:09:04 GMT, "Alasdair Allan"
<postm...@x-static.demon.co.uk> scribed into the ether:

>Shortest Barbarian On The Block <kaya...@aol.comtwnkthis> wrote

>> Add to my wishlist that I'd like Shrink to be able to be cast
>anywhere--or at
>> least add zones where large races can't fit through the doors easily to
>the
>> list. Not only will it mean visiting Barbarians won't need to go to
>Felwithe
>> to bank, but in places like Highhold Keep, they won't risk blocking
>doorways or
>> hallways anymore. (Nor will the occasional troll or ogre who sneaks in.)
>>
>> (BTW, as for banking through the window in Kelethin, I've never had that
>work.)
>

>Nor I but its possible for Shamans. Here is what you do :-
>

>Move your character to near where the banker is by tip-toeing around the
>side of the bank.
>
>Switch to third person view and target someone who is entering the bank.
>
>Cast Vision on that person to switch your sight to his eyes.
>
>You can then right click the banker when that person approaches.
>
>I initially tried this by just casting vision but the engine appears to
>check the character postion too, so you need to be within normal range of
>the banker. Vision means you can see him to right click.

Screw all that effort, walk to the side of the bank, F10 out to the last
view, and roam it until you can see the banker through the window. Click on
him. Bank.

A nuisance, but no spells required, and not dependant on the comings of
another player.