newbie questions

1 view

Mads Jacobsen

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
I have been playing for like 3 days and have a lot of questions...

To start in the easy end...
I hear a lot of talk about nodrop, lore and the likes things for equipment.
Could someone please explain to me what that means...

Imotep

xiranos

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
a no drop item is just that, you can't drop it. to get rid of it, you must
destroy it. Lore items you can only have one of in you inventory at a time.

Mads Jacobsen <mads...@kollegiegaarden.dk> wrote in message

Dan Harmon

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

Mads Jacobsen <mads...@kollegiegaarden.dk> wrote in message
> I have been playing for like 3 days and have a lot of questions...
>
> To start in the easy end...
> I hear a lot of talk about nodrop, lore and the likes things for
equipment.
> Could someone please explain to me what that means...

no-drop means that if you pick it up, it's yours. You can'd do a danged
thing with it (unless it's part of a quest) except hang onto it and use it,
or Destroy it.

Lore means that you may own only one of that item, either on you, or in the
bank (1 total).

Marc Fuller

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Mads Jacobsen wrote:

> I have been playing for like 3 days and have a lot of questions...
>
> To start in the easy end...
> I hear a lot of talk about nodrop, lore and the likes things for equipment.
> Could someone please explain to me what that means...
>
> Imotep

NoDrop items can not be dropped, traded, or sold. You can destroy them, bank
them, or give some of them (quest-related ones, at least,) to NPCs. However,
you can't give them to another player, ever. I'm pretty sure that if you have a
bag with a NoDrop item in it, the bag becomes NoDrop as well.

Lore items are set so that you can only carry one of them at a time. If you try
to loot a second one, I believe it currently says that you cannot loot it, and
pops it back on the mob. I haven't tested it myself. (It used to just vaporize
the one you attempted to loot.)

Currently, Lore and NoDrop are mostly attached to either quest items (you want
the reward, then do the quest yourself,) or extremely powerful items, such as
Planar armor.

Marc Fuller

Dorian Brytestar

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
There are items that are out there that once you pick them up, you cannot drop them
or give them to anyone.. Your food and drink you start the game with are like that
(weapon also). Lore means that you can only have one of those items at one time, in
your bank or with you on your character.

BTW, you eat food automatically, and cannot starve to death but you get food back up
to lvl 4 when you get nothing when you die .

Alcohol is not the same as drink either =) (don't listen to the Dwarves out there)
must be water, or milk..
--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 47 High Elf Cleric of Tunare

"Mads Jacobsen" <mads...@kollegiegaarden.dk> wrote in message

: I have been playing for like 3 days and have a lot of questions...

:
:

J Chang

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

"Mads Jacobsen" <mads...@kollegiegaarden.dk> wrote in message
> I have been playing for like 3 days and have a lot of questions...
>
> To start in the easy end...
> I hear a lot of talk about nodrop, lore and the likes things for
equipment.
> Could someone please explain to me what that means...

No Drop items are those that you cannot trade to another player, sell to a
vendor or drop on the ground. You can experiment with this with your newbie
food or weapon. Attempt to put it on the ground and you'll get a message
saying that you cannot. The only way to get rid of no drop items is to
either destroy it, or hand it to an NPC.

Lore items are items that you can only possess one. For instance, you
newbie training tunic or robe would be a lore item. Although it's unlikely
that you'll get another one, if you did you would still only have one. At
this point, I assume that the lore item will vanish if you attempt to add it
to your inventory, provided that you already have a copy of it. Otherwise
you might get a message that prevents you from taking it. I'm not
particularly sure as I've never bothered to pick up a duplicate lore item.

The last attribute that you didn't mention was Magic items. If a weapon is
magical, then you can use it to strike magic creatures who cannot otherwise
be struck without magic. If gloves are magic, I believe it makes your
hand-to-hand combat able to strike magic creatures as well. Otherwise, I
don't know the extrinsic value of having magical armor.

j chang
Perpetual Newbie

> Imotep

Richie Alvey

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Players once linkdead become NPC's... can you trade them No Drop Items?

Richie

Dan Harmon

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00

Richie Alvey <nat...@tqci.net> wrote in message

> Players once linkdead become NPC's... can you trade them No Drop Items?

You can give it a shot, but I'm guessing no. Let us know what you find out.
:)

Dorian Brytestar

Richie Alvey

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Dammit.. didn't even get a chance to try it out =((. Heheh I was too busy
looking for a burnt out lightstone hehe.

Richie

"Dorian Brytestar" <ri...@nospam.com> wrote in message