Ignoring Weapon Upgrades for Paladins and SKs

yukit...@my-deja.com

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
OK, so there we are hanging out in Fear and lo and behold that new
rogue rapier drops. 10 24 with some minor stats bonuses. Wow, great
weapon. Continue on.. whoa, we get a really cool ranger weapon weapon,
with decent dmg delay, 7 22 I think, but it does a 150 dmg DD. Damn.
Next day, two more fluxblade axes, another rogue piercer... Then we
get a warrior only weapon 9 25, and a warrior only shield?!?!?! Uh,
warriors don't even use shields... On top of that add the really nice
new rogue piercer from Kedge and the complete and utterly awful
two handed sword from Kedge, the Lamentation Blade. See a pattern?
And then notice the fact that _no_ weapons that shadowknight and
paladins routinely use were given any new graphics while _every_ warrior
weapon did... Axe of Slayers, Executioner Axe, Painbringer, Runed
Falchion, SSOY, etc, etc...all have new graphics. What of the Mithril
Two Hander? Looks like a rusty two hander, still. Paladins and
Shadowknights are forced to use a two handed weapon if they want to
deal out comparable, but less damage than the other classes. I'm tired
of Verant dangling the Fiery Avenger in front of us like a carrot when
it's unobtainable... no, I did _not_ buy Brad's BS line about the quest
being in the game.. "revamped" means either added or needs to be fixed.
Paladins and Shadowknights are being entirely forgotten in the creation
of new weapons, and it's really angering me. I'm using a weapon I got
more than 4 months ago, my Mithril Two Hander. Yes I love it, but it's
dated and just doesn't do enough damage anymore compared to all the
other melee classes with all their new toys. PLEASE do something about
this complete lack of new, worthwhile Two Handed weapons for Paladins
and Shadowknights. No, the Holy Partisan of Underfoot (14 46) is not
going to cut it, damnit.

Yukitaro Antslayer, KEG GM, The Rathe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Brian Wallace

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
Bingo.

You describe my exact feelings when discovering the new weapons in Fear,
I agree 100% with everything you said.

Just some numbers to add to this discussion:
Vox, Nagafen, and Fear (including CT and Draco), the nastiest
things/places in the game, and the best items. There is a total of TEN
(at least) nice high-level melee-class weapons. Every melee class is
represented in these weapons except Paladins.

Now that Hate is open, will there be a worthwhile paladin weapon found
there? Perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath.

"I'm tired of Verant dangling the Fiery Avenger in front of us like a
carrot when it's unobtainable..."

I'm tired of people telling me that an item that existed in the Beta of
the game, weilded by a God should be relevent.

Lola Whiteheart, Solusek Ro

Goku

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
WTF IS THIS TOPIc..Lets count em 1, 2, 3, 4 5 HOLTY SWORds

not 1 not 2 but 5 55555 holy swords..

o ya 3 ranger weapons...

100000 war weapons...

Tinanen