insta-cast devices

Adam Russell

Aug 7, 2001, 10:31:28 AM8/7/01
Just got my staff of temperate flux (bout time im 44), and I'm loving it.
It doesn't have a large effect (-6heat,cold when cast on myself) but it just
seems so cool to click it and have it go off with no delay. Can anyone tell
me any other items I might want to get that are insta-cast? Are there any
that actually do damage?(even small damage is fine) My character is a gnome
wizard of 44th level.

Dream King

Aug 7, 2001, 11:20:20 AM8/7/01
"Adam Russell" <ad...@speakeasy.org> wrote:

Bracer of uh.. Something.. I think it's a dwarf quest or maybe the
gnome pirate guys. It has a 12pt DD damage right clicky. I don't know if
it's insta-cast but I would think so.

Bracer of the Hidden - Insta-cast see invis

earring from Grachnist - insta-cast Grim Aura

Jboots - insta-cast sow

frost giant beards/dwarf beards - Insta-cast str buff - 5 charges

coldain ring quest > 8 (maybe 7 can't recall) - insta-cast damage
shield

That's all I can remeber off the top of my head.

Kilmir

Aug 7, 2001, 11:24:34 AM8/7/01
And the mage summoned items are inst-cast as well. Lev ring and enduring
breath stone.

As for a right-click-not-insta-cast try a Velium Ball. Lame damage and you
need level 40 to use it, but it's great doing damage without using mana :)

It actually helped a few times when my pet was down and I was oom. Even the
insignificant damage can be enough after a long fight..

"Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

Dark Tyger

Aug 7, 2001, 11:28:01 AM8/7/01
morp...@cent.com (Dream King) wrote:

> Bracer of the Hidden - Insta-cast see invis

Egh, someone tried to crash me out with one of those once. Chain-cast
on me. Probably about 50 casts in 10 seconds...

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Change "mindspring.com" to "knology.net" to email

The night is my companion...solitude my guide.

Dan Day

Aug 7, 2001, 2:47:40 PM8/7/01

Lizard Blood Potion -- instant cast of "Cazic-Thule Gate" (it
teleports you to the top of the Wizard portal in Cazic-Thule),
one charge.

I *always* keep one of these on me as an insurance policy.
If things are really going to hell in a spot where CR is
going to be messy, just click your heels together three
times and say, "there's no place like Cazic-Thule, there's no..."

Since it's instant-cast, it gets you out of trouble even
when everything in the dungeon is beating on you, it
can't be interrupted. I used one just yesterday when
I was swarmed in the deepest part of the Temple of
Droga (Chief room).

Just make sure that being in the middle of a bunch of
cranky lizards isn't worse than where you're escaping out of.
But even so, CR in CT is probably a lot better than wherever
you just came from.

Tim Smith

Aug 7, 2001, 4:46:15 PM8/7/01
"Adam Russell" <ad...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
>seems so cool to click it and have it go off with no delay. Can anyone tell
>me any other items I might want to get that are insta-cast? Are there any
>that actually do damage?(even small damage is fine) My character is a gnome
>wizard of 44th level.

Acumen Mask, which you get from another quest either from the same NPC
that gave you the Staff of Temperate Flux quest, or perhaps from an
NPC next to that one, has right-click effect of Gaze. Although this
line of spells is widely considered to be useless because of the
clipping plane, it turns out it does actually let you see some things
farther away. Mobs are clipped closer in than the clipping-plane, and
with Gaze (or similar spells), you can see mobs farther away. This
can be quite useful when hunting in wide open places, such as OT.

Acumen Mask also is a nice +INT mask, so you'd probably want it even
without the right-click effect.

--Tim Smith

Sean Kennedy

Aug 7, 2001, 10:59:22 PM8/7/01

Tim Smith <t...@tzs.net> wrote in message

For mages, Earthen boots with right click invis to animals. Instant
pet killer for when they disappear and you don't want a train.

Sikk Puppy

Aug 8, 2001, 1:25:20 AM8/8/01
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:31:28 -0700, "Adam Russell"
<ad...@speakeasy.org> wrote:

Its not insta cast, but darn cool anyway.

Blazinf Bracer of Fennin Ro Effect:Firebolt

Darn handy if you are a warrior. its a 3.5 Sec or so cast time, but a
great tool to pull with if you are out of arrows or just cant be
bothered lugging a bow around anymore.

Unfortuately it drops off Zordak Ragefire. And he is kinda rare. In
any case my Warrior has one, and uses it all the time.
Ray Whiteman
a.k.a Sikk Puppy
sikk_...@hotmail.com

Kilmir

Aug 8, 2001, 3:44:45 AM8/8/01
"Dan Day" <d...@firstnethou.com> wrote in message

> Lizard Blood Potion -- instant cast of "Cazic-Thule Gate" (it
> teleports you to the top of the Wizard portal in Cazic-Thule),
> one charge.

Where do you get these potions? Are they a drop from one of the Lizards or
from a specific one?

Dan Day

Aug 8, 2001, 3:41:06 PM8/8/01
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:44:45 +0200, "Kilmir" <nos...@kill.com> wrote:
>> Lizard Blood Potion -- instant cast of "Cazic-Thule Gate" (it
>> teleports you to the top of the Wizard portal in Cazic-Thule),
>> one charge.
>
>Where do you get these potions? Are they a drop from one of the Lizards or
>from a specific one?

It's the common drop from the Cazic Cenobite, which spawns
in the Avatar of Fear room in Cazic-Thule. (Ravenscale Boots
are his rare drop.)

The good news is that he's not noticeably tougher than most
of the other lizards in the zone. The bad news is that the
Avatar of Fear sometimes spawns in the same room, and he
*will* kick your butt even if you can solo any other 3 mobs
in the zone simultaneously.

Alternately, you can buy the potion at auction for about
250-400p.