Alchemy.....now working???

Ben Wilson

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
I just started to log on, and the patch message had an addition:

December 9th, 2:00pm
--------------------

On the patch message yesterday, we forgot to mention that Shamans may
now train in Alchemy.

- The EverQuest Team

Is it true?
Anyone tried it?
What nice new things can you do with it?
--
Demorgoth Demonia
<Desecrated Temple>

Adar

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

Ben Wilson <B...@armoury1.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> I just started to log on, and the patch message had an addition:
>
> December 9th, 2:00pm
> --------------------
>
> On the patch message yesterday, we forgot to mention that Shamans may
> now train in Alchemy.
>
> - The EverQuest Team
>
> Is it true?
> Anyone tried it?
> What nice new things can you do with it?

Kinda. You can now *train* in it, but the potion list stayed the same, as
did the prices (ie, don't bother.)

Brudo (E'ci)
Loredaeron (E'ci)

Nutritech Corp.

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Which Brad has already stated he is unhappy with...

Adar <ad...@spamaway.mindspring.com> wrote in message

demonik...@demonic.com

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Ben Wilson <B...@armoury1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
BW: Is it true?
BW: Anyone tried it?
BW: What nice new things can you do with it?

Raise your skill! No new potions have been added.

~*Megwedariel Drakonblayde*~ | <= *unguilded* =>
Wood Elf Warrior of Kelethin, The Rathe (Level 50)
Motto: Tanks do it better.

Froggy

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
There has been NOTHING added. It's just been fixed so you can actually
train in it now at level 25 and above.

Froggy

Ben Wilson wrote:

> I just started to log on, and the patch message had an addition:
>
> December 9th, 2:00pm
> --------------------
>
> On the patch message yesterday, we forgot to mention that Shamans may
> now train in Alchemy.
>
> - The EverQuest Team
>
> Is it true?
> Anyone tried it?

> What nice new things can you do with it?

Alasdair Allan

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Adar <ad...@spamaway.mindspring.com> wrote
> Ben Wilson <B...@armoury1.demon.co.uk> wrote

> > Is it true?
> > Anyone tried it?
> > What nice new things can you do with it?
>
> Kinda. You can now *train* in it, but the potion list stayed the same, as
> did the prices (ie, don't bother.)

Ha! So funny.

I walked back to Halas with Eduin (all the way now the fucking wormhole is
fixed - stupid fuckers Verant) and trained. It looks like the skill starts
at 1 with the first training point not 25 as I was able to keep training.

Unfortunately the reagest I'd piled up (mainly undead froglok tongues) had
been sold off when I'd needed bank space and nothing seemed to be happening
with Alchemy so I wasn't able to practise.

Later, I spoke to a Shaman who was trying the trade. He was selling the
Ultravision potions and found *very little* interest when he tried to offer
them for 25pp each.

I asked how much it was costing him to make them - including failures 112pp.
Also the level 1 and 2 potions (based on price) are trivial at 20 skill and
the level 3 and 4 potions are *broken*. Good old Verant.

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism

Author Lau

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
The news said you can put training point in Alchemy. No means you can get
anything from Alchemy.

LOOK DOWN ON THE WORDS!
It is the way of Verant.

Sam Schlansky

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
postm...@x-static.demon.co.uk (Alasdair Allan) wrote in
<01bf454e$8e5ba6c0$c40201c0@dell40>:

(snip)

>Later, I spoke to a Shaman who was trying the trade. He was
>selling the Ultravision potions and found *very little* interest
>when he tried to offer them for 25pp each.
>
>I asked how much it was costing him to make them - including
>failures 112pp. Also the level 1 and 2 potions (based on price) are trivial at
>20 skill and the level 3 and 4 potions are *broken*. Good old Verant.

So?

Verant knows the skill is useless. I imagine that properly implementing
something like alchemy takes a bit of thought. Of course when they do fully
implement it I FULLY expect the skill to be as "useful" as create poison, but
you never know.

At least it WORKS now... they'll get around to making it viable later,
hopefully. Hopefully before my second character hits 50, anyway.

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| I speak for myself only unless noted otherwise.