Ally / Non-KOS in Chardok

Zymyool

Apr 23, 2003, 4:45:13 PM4/23/03
I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you want
to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.

I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
premise...

1) Why?

2) Assuming we have a Non-KOS mage who isn't even -close- to ally, what is
the safest place that they can go in and CoH the force?

[ map: http://members.cox.net/mageknight/images/chardok_path.jpg ]

3) Looking at the map above, the outlined path has the force going up the
gut at (A). The last Chardok raid I went on, they took the north passage
into the Royals area instead of the middle one like the map shows. What
are the benefits of the diferent paths?

4) Again referring to the map, is it possible to pacify all the way to (A)
( except for the problem with the mobs in room (4) )? Have any of you
successfully done this?

I've seen what it takes to get to Ally, and it's fairly daunting to ask
someone to do, so I'm looking for the best solution for a semi-small raid
force ( 16-20 people ) who want the Overking. I have friends in an
alliance that has an Ally mage and Ally rogue. I will probably ask to
borrow them for the raid, but I'm going to plan as if they won't make it.

--

"Your only hope is to find a shiny, black monolith to touch." - TlalocW

Karana Server
Zymyool Level 56 Gnomish Beguiler
Draglorvin Level 31 Dwarven Warrior
Keenfang Level 21 Troll Beastlord

Graeme Faelban

Apr 23, 2003, 4:59:17 PM4/23/03
ple...@reply.in.here (Zymyool) wrote in

> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time
> finally to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news
> - if you want to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but
> also Ally.
>
> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
> premise...
>
> 1) Why?

Why are you going with that premise? I would be quite surprised if that is
the case, but, admittedly, have never tested it. We always have just
fought our way down.

--
Baron Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Oracle of 61 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

Zymyool

Apr 23, 2003, 5:17:18 PM4/23/03
Richar...@netscape.net (Graeme Faelban) done spake :

>ple...@reply.in.here (Zymyool) wrote in
>
>> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time
>> finally to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news
>> - if you want to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but
>> also Ally.
>>
>> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
>> premise...
>>
>> 1) Why?
>
>Why are you going with that premise? I would be quite surprised if that
>is the case, but, admittedly, have never tested it. We always have just
>fought our way down.

Simple - if the premise is wrong, someone will point it out. A lot of
people here thrive on pointing out if someone is wrong, so I have no doubt
someone will speak up if Ally isn't needed.

If it's right, I've already asked the questions I need to ask.

Either way, I'll find out if Ally is needed or not.

I could have asked if it was right first, and then asked my questions after
someone replies "yes", but why break it up into two posts? This way, I'll
find out if Ally is needed, and hopefully get my questions answered.

Devon Bleak

Apr 23, 2003, 6:10:07 PM4/23/03
ple...@reply.in.here (Zymyool) wrote in

> 4) Again referring to the map, is it possible to pacify all the way to

> (A) ( except for the problem with the mobs in room (4) )? Have any of
> you successfully done this?

Was duoing with a bard in there last night trying to get his drop from
Overseer Dal`Guur for the assling illusion mask. We could basically go at
will anywhere we wanted using invis and his lull.

--
Meerina Spawndancer
58 Outrider of Tunare

John Epler

Apr 23, 2003, 9:15:01 PM4/23/03

"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message

> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
> to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you
want
> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.
As far as I know, not true. We did the Overking several weeks back, and I
think that our mage was only indifferent. Though it's possible that I'm
wrong, but I don't believe so.

Doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to me, though I suppose maybe you need
Ally for a key or something?

-Vsove

Joe Bott

Apr 23, 2003, 9:19:28 PM4/23/03

"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message
> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
> to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you
want
> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.

I'm a non-KOS mage, and I'm not ally. I can walk through Chardok wherever I
want, and it freaks people out. :) I've COHed people there just fine.

That is, unless they changed something... I havent been there in a while.
So, unless theres some other reasons for your mage to be ally, youre
probably fine. Trick is finding a mage thats not KOS. I'm only non-KOS
because I was bored and spent weeks PLing some kids in Droga. I dont
remember the exact numbers offhand, but I believe it was roughly 1000
froggie kills to get non-KOS.

Joe

-Martin

Apr 24, 2003, 3:20:29 AM4/24/03
"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message
> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
> to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you
want
> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.
>
> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
> premise...
>
> 1) Why?

Not true.

> 2) Assuming we have a Non-KOS mage who isn't even -close- to ally, what is
> the safest place that they can go in and CoH the force?

X on the bottom map. This is past a locked door fyi (doesnt need non-kos
rogue)
CoH FD classes first (be FD before the coh)
There is 1 roamer here.. the FD classes will get up and fight it when you
start to coh clerics, shamans, warriors etc

> into the Royals area instead of the middle one like the map shows. What
> are the benefits of the diferent paths?

Bypassing the Prince

> 4) Again referring to the map, is it possible to pacify all the way to (A)
> ( except for the problem with the mobs in room (4) )? Have any of you
> successfully done this?

Pacify/invis would work.. however its not guaranteed

-m

Graeme Faelban

Apr 24, 2003, 9:52:00 AM4/24/03

> Richar...@netscape.net (Graeme Faelban) done spake :
>
>>ple...@reply.in.here (Zymyool) wrote in
>>
>>> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time
>>> finally to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing
>>> news - if you want to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS,
>>> but also Ally.
>>>
>>> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
>>> premise...
>>>
>>> 1) Why?
>>
>>Why are you going with that premise? I would be quite surprised if
>>that is the case, but, admittedly, have never tested it. We always
>>have just fought our way down.
>
> Simple - if the premise is wrong, someone will point it out. A lot of
> people here thrive on pointing out if someone is wrong, so I have no
> doubt someone will speak up if Ally isn't needed.
>
> If it's right, I've already asked the questions I need to ask.
>
> Either way, I'll find out if Ally is needed or not.
>
> I could have asked if it was right first, and then asked my questions
> after someone replies "yes", but why break it up into two posts? This
> way, I'll find out if Ally is needed, and hopefully get my questions
> answered.

I cannot concieve of a reason why Ally would be needed. The Mage just
needs to have none of the mobs agro on him, which would require nonKOS
faction. Of course, knowing Sony, there could be some bizzare reason.
I'd give it a try, being prepared to fight your way down instead if it does
not work.

Zymyool

Apr 24, 2003, 10:15:37 AM4/24/03
Richar...@netscape.net (Graeme Faelban) done spake :

>I cannot concieve of a reason why Ally would be needed. The Mage just

>needs to have none of the mobs agro on him, which would require nonKOS
>faction. Of course, knowing Sony, there could be some bizzare reason.
>I'd give it a try, being prepared to fight your way down instead if it
>does not work.

A guy in a friendly guild said they had an Ally mage and Rogue now, so I
asked him if non-KOS was good enough and he said no. When I asked him why,
he said something about the Royals would aggro you for some odd reason. I
wouldn't put it past Sony to try to nerf bypassing content by having all
the sarnaks within an X foot radius aggro when a non-Ally CoH is performed
or something as silly.

Made no sense to me, and I'm mighty glad he was wrong, based on other
peoples' posts.

I've fought to the Overking 2 times, and we're prepared to do it again if
we have to. Avoiding the crap on the way in is nice when you don't have a
clicker, a Necro over 43, or a lot of money for coffins in the first place.

It's gonna be fun.

Zymyool

Apr 24, 2003, 10:21:12 AM4/24/03
jep...@notelusspamplanet.net (John Epler) done spake :

>"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message
>> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time
>> finally to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news
>> - if you
>want
>> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.
>As far as I know, not true. We did the Overking several weeks back, and
>I think that our mage was only indifferent. Though it's possible that
>I'm wrong, but I don't believe so.

Qam told me that your mage was Ally and it was required, although he wasn't
positive why. I was going to see if your mage wouldn't mind helping us
out, but it looks like it won't be needed.

Thanks, V. See ya in game.

Faned

Apr 24, 2003, 10:24:12 AM4/24/03
<ple...@reply.in.here> wrote:
> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
> to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you want
> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.
>
> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
> premise...
>
> 1) Why?

Why indeed. Until you can answer that question, working on the premise that
it's true is kinda silly.

> 2) Assuming we have a Non-KOS mage who isn't even -close- to ally, what is
> the safest place that they can go in and CoH the force?

There isn't one. Trust me. There is a spot where you can potentially call
to, as long as you call everybody that can feign first and then have as many
people called while invisible as possible before somebody's invis breaks and
the fighting starts.

The places I'd recommend for that are either in one of the far corners of
the square by Prince or behind the fakewall in the hallway before King.
Both have advantages and risks.

> 3) Looking at the map above, the outlined path has the force going up the
> gut at (A). The last Chardok raid I went on, they took the north passage
> into the Royals area instead of the middle one like the map shows. What
> are the benefits of the diferent paths?

Nothing. You fight different things. One path might be a bit easier, but
if you're doing the royals (and plan on winning) then nothing else in
Chardok will be difficult enough to matter.

> 4) Again referring to the map, is it possible to pacify all the way to (A)
> ( except for the problem with the mobs in room (4) )? Have any of you
> successfully done this?

You can pacify anywhere the mobs aren't immune. Whether it works or not is
entirely dependent upon the intelligence of your raid force.

> I've seen what it takes to get to Ally, and it's fairly daunting to ask
> someone to do, so I'm looking for the best solution for a semi-small raid
> force ( 16-20 people ) who want the Overking. I have friends in an
> alliance that has an Ally mage and Ally rogue. I will probably ask to
> borrow them for the raid, but I'm going to plan as if they won't make it.

And my absolute best advice is to not plan on CoH'ing at all. It's risky
and completely not necessary. If you've got a force capable of taking the
royals, the stuff on the way down should be a cakewalk.

Zymyool

Apr 24, 2003, 10:32:37 AM4/24/03
vi...@atcheerful.dotcom (-Martin) done spake :

>"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message

>> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
>> premise...
>>
>> 1) Why?
>
>Not true.

Amen.

>> 2) Assuming we have a Non-KOS mage who isn't even -close- to ally,
>> what is the safest place that they can go in and CoH the force?
>
>X on the bottom map. This is past a locked door fyi (doesnt need
>non-kos rogue)
>CoH FD classes first (be FD before the coh)
>There is 1 roamer here.. the FD classes will get up and fight it when
>you start to coh clerics, shamans, warriors etc

This will be fun. We have 1 50+ monk. No high necros. No high SKs.
Well, 2 monks, but he never plays his monk, and is rarely on. Might be
able to get him out of retirement for this.

I guess we'll CoH the FD Monk, the 59 Pally ( with DA? ), me ( 56 Chanter
), 60 Cleric ( DA/DB, assuming it can be canceled ), then the 63 ( not 62,
my mistake ) Ranger to start with.

>> into the Royals area instead of the middle one like the map shows.
>> What are the benefits of the diferent paths?
>
>Bypassing the Prince

http://members.cox.net/mageknight/images/chardok_path.jpg

Any of the 3 ways into the "Castle" from (A) funnel to the same place, so I
don't think that would be the difference. Do any of those 3 paths skirt
the ( debuff? ) trap? Where the hell =is= that trap? Do you remember,
TwoHead? I never saw it when we did your Chardok raid, I just remember
"seeing" it go off and Heebs not being real happy about it.

>> 4) Again referring to the map, is it possible to pacify all the way to
>> (A) ( except for the problem with the mobs in room (4) )? Have any of
>> you successfully done this?
>
>Pacify/invis would work.. however its not guaranteed

It surely would be a scary thing to do with 20 people - 10 of whom aren't
used to doing things NOW and following explicit directions. If for some
reason we can't CoH in ( mage can't make it, etc ), we'll try pacify to get
from 3 to 4, kill the guys in the room, then 4 to (A).

Thanks for the info.

TwoHead

Apr 24, 2003, 1:10:10 PM4/24/03
Zymyool wrote:
> vi...@atcheerful.dotcom (-Martin) done spake :

>>Bypassing the Prince
>

> http://members.cox.net/mageknight/images/chardok_path.jpg
>
> Any of the 3 ways into the "Castle" from (A) funnel to the same place, so I
> don't think that would be the difference. Do any of those 3 paths skirt
> the ( debuff? ) trap? Where the hell =is= that trap? Do you remember,
> TwoHead? I never saw it when we did your Chardok raid, I just remember
> "seeing" it go off and Heebs not being real happy about it.

Since we went to the Prince I'm pretty sure we didn't go that way to
bypass him <g>. Trap seemed to be out in that open area where the three
paths come together. I know the way we went we didn't set it off, just
the puller clearing in front of us from the sound of it.

I'd offer to come help but I'll bet you have this scheduled for some
ungodly early hour by West coast clocks right?

th

Zymyool

Apr 24, 2003, 2:09:34 PM4/24/03
Subtract_the_Twos (TwoHead) done spake :

>Since we went to the Prince I'm pretty sure we didn't go that way to
>bypass him <g>. Trap seemed to be out in that open area where the three
>paths come together. I know the way we went we didn't set it off, just
>the puller clearing in front of us from the sound of it.
>
>I'd offer to come help but I'll bet you have this scheduled for some
>ungodly early hour by West coast clocks right?

I'm sure we will, like 11:00am your time, and with your Friday night RL
"Events", I wouldn't expect you to be there =) Then again, if we are able
to do the CoH, it will knock a few hours off the raid and we may start
later.

I'll give you good notice, though. If we have a TRW, having you click us
all after the corpses are summoned would be nice. I don't see us wiping
except in 3 possible places - the room after that trap, the room where the
last raid wiped, and King's room. We'll only have 2 Chanters if we stick
with Guild people, so keeping that King room locked down won't be that
easy.

Sean Kennedy

Apr 24, 2003, 2:28:52 PM4/24/03

> vi...@atcheerful.dotcom (-Martin) done spake :
>
>>"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message
>>> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
>>> premise...
>>>
>>> 1) Why?
>>
>>Not true.
>
> Amen.
>
>>> 2) Assuming we have a Non-KOS mage who isn't even -close- to ally,
>>> what is the safest place that they can go in and CoH the force?
>>
>>X on the bottom map. This is past a locked door fyi (doesnt need
>>non-kos rogue)
>>CoH FD classes first (be FD before the coh)
>>There is 1 roamer here.. the FD classes will get up and fight it when
>>you start to coh clerics, shamans, warriors etc
>
> This will be fun. We have 1 50+ monk. No high necros. No high SKs.
> Well, 2 monks, but he never plays his monk, and is rarely on. Might
> be able to get him out of retirement for this.
>
> I guess we'll CoH the FD Monk, the 59 Pally ( with DA? ), me ( 56
> Chanter ), 60 Cleric ( DA/DB, assuming it can be canceled ), then the
> 63 ( not 62, my mistake ) Ranger to start with.

Do things in there see invis? If not I think I'd call in the FD'd folks,
then the ones who have improved invis, then folks with standard invis.

I've never done Chardok, but I have CoH'd small raids into areas where
mobs pathed back and forth past us. I got there with Veil up, waited
until the mob was moving away - CoH druid with improved camo, hit the
mod rod, invis again. Wait for mob to move off - CoH tank (the druid
invised him) hit the mod rod - druid heals me, we both invis. Wait
for Mob. Rinse and repeat with the cleric, then other members of the
raid - seems to me an invis broke when we had 8 or so folks up, they
were to keep mobs off me while I CoH'd and the druid healed my Mod rod
damage (this was pre nerf - I'd handed out rods to all and sundry, and
they were returning them to me as I needed them).

Moral of the story, you want to CoH people as quickly as possible after
the people with basic invis start coming in - as you can't use rods any
more for this, I'd suggest you get the mage a backpack of Malachite and
an enshrouded veil. Also - any cleric should cast the Blessing of xxx
on him that stacks with summoned spell haste focus. This way he not
only CoH's faster, but regens mana faster from canabalizing pets.

Hope that is of some help - I realize you're not the mage, and he might
already know this.

TwoHead

Apr 24, 2003, 6:39:36 PM4/24/03
Zymyool wrote:
> Subtract_the_Twos (TwoHead) done spake :
>

>>Since we went to the Prince I'm pretty sure we didn't go that way to
>>bypass him <g>. Trap seemed to be out in that open area where the three
>>paths come together. I know the way we went we didn't set it off, just
>>the puller clearing in front of us from the sound of it.
>>
>>I'd offer to come help but I'll bet you have this scheduled for some
>>ungodly early hour by West coast clocks right?
>

> I'm sure we will, like 11:00am your time, and with your Friday night RL
> "Events", I wouldn't expect you to be there =) Then again, if we are able
> to do the CoH, it will knock a few hours off the raid and we may start
> later.

11am is pretty civilized, its those 9am saturday morning raids I never
seem to be on time for <g>

> I'll give you good notice, though. If we have a TRW, having you click us
> all after the corpses are summoned would be nice. I don't see us wiping
> except in 3 possible places - the room after that trap, the room where the
> last raid wiped, and King's room. We'll only have 2 Chanters if we stick
> with Guild people, so keeping that King room locked down won't be that
> easy.

Just let me know. Might be able to bring an extra enchanter depending
on when you go and what his schedule is or even the rest of my gang if
you want the help. I think we all enjoyed our raids there in the past,
even the wipes heh, and I do owe you for your help still.

th

-Martin

Apr 25, 2003, 6:36:27 AM4/25/03
"Sean Kennedy" <x@n.n> wrote in message

> Do things in there see invis? If not I think I'd call in the FD'd folks,
> then the ones who have improved invis, then folks with standard invis.

Firstly, its just 1 mob. He paths from the corner (around where you'd setup
a raid) into the king room, and then back, continously.

Im pretty sure he sees invis... once you get to the "palace", things like
sneak, invis become very mob-specific.

Anyway he isn't that tough, you just need somebody to tank it while a cleric
is CoH'd in, and monks/sk's are the best choice, they don't need to rely on
healers being there (just FD when low hp, and the next one takes over agro),
plus mend/taps.. should give you enough time to get a tank, cleric, *snarer*
there. Note- if he runs, your dead.

Failing that, the next "safe" spot is around number 7 on the map

-m

-Martin

Apr 25, 2003, 6:43:07 AM4/25/03
"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message > >> I'm going to work on

the premise that this is true. Going with that
> >> premise...
> >>
> >> 1) Why?
> >
> >Not true.
>
> Amen.

Were they refering to things such as traps? I am max ally, and the traps
still hit me. They are just objects on the ground that hit <whoever>,
regardless of faction standing

> This will be fun. We have 1 50+ monk. No high necros. No high SKs.
> Well, 2 monks, but he never plays his monk, and is rarely on. Might be
> able to get him out of retirement for this.

Just gives you more time for tanking while a healer is called in. If you
CoH'd a warrior, then a mage, thats a long time for 1 warrior to fight an
unslowed mob, with zero heals.

> I guess we'll CoH the FD Monk, the 59 Pally ( with DA? ), me ( 56 Chanter
> ), 60 Cleric ( DA/DB, assuming it can be canceled ), then the 63 ( not 62,
> my mistake ) Ranger to start with.

DA is good enough too, CoH the paladin, then cleric, then ranger, then
chanter, thenwhoever. There is no crowd control at this point, its just 1
mob who you must kill, without it running.

> Any of the 3 ways into the "Castle" from (A) funnel to the same place, so
> don't think that would be the difference. Do any of those 3 paths skirt
> the ( debuff? ) trap? Where the hell =is= that trap? Do you remember,
> TwoHead? I never saw it when we did your Chardok raid, I just remember
> "seeing" it go off and Heebs not being real happy about it.

At A, there is only one way into the castle. The 2 side windows are above
the deep pit (not particularly high, but its more than jump range), the
centre doorway is where you run in (theres a trap round here). Its been a
while.. I think the trap is a small dd and a dispell, but I could be wrong.

Once you enter the castle, there are 2 choices. Left (bypass prince) and
right (prince) - they both lead to the same place in the end.

> It surely would be a scary thing to do with 20 people - 10 of whom aren't
> used to doing things NOW and following explicit directions. If for some
> reason we can't CoH in ( mage can't make it, etc ), we'll try pacify to
get
> from 3 to 4, kill the guys in the room, then 4 to (A).

I would never rely on invis/pacify to move a raid. Just bad luck, or the
random duration factor killing people makes it too risky.

-m

Lance Berg

Apr 25, 2003, 7:50:16 AM4/25/03

-Martin wrote:

> I would never rely on invis/pacify to move a raid. Just bad luck, or the
> random duration factor killing people makes it too risky.

We've been using Pacification or Harmony (much cheaper) to move up to the BOT
tower named very successfully. Requires knowing the place, and which mobs the
plan isn't going to work well on, and where stopping points are, but we move 20
or 30 people past dozens of mobs, stopping and fighting a few here, a few more
there, then moving again.

Invis is spottier, but we've used that too in many places, the key again is
short runs where you know what you are moving past. Invis tends to go blinky
for a little while before dropping, if your runs are short you can usually get
past the mobs even if its fading while you run. If thats not possible, or fails
to work out, you just die in place (-not- training the safe spot) and consent a
dragger. Often we do this in places where we are perfectly capable of killing
all the mobs on the way, but just don't want to have to bother doing so; ten
minutes to get into position instead of an hour of mindless lowbie mob killing
is much prefered, even if it does mean a couple people die and get dragged up
and rezzed. The Hole comes to mind as a prime example.

Bergh

Zymyool

Apr 25, 2003, 12:08:21 PM4/25/03
vi...@atcheerful.dotcom (-Martin) done spake :

>> >Not true.
>>
>> Amen.
>
>Were they refering to things such as traps? I am max ally, and the
>traps still hit me. They are just objects on the ground that hit
><whoever>, regardless of faction standing

I think they were just mislead, looking at all the replies.

>> I guess we'll CoH the FD Monk, the 59 Pally ( with DA? ), me ( 56
>> Chanter ), 60 Cleric ( DA/DB, assuming it can be canceled ), then the
>> 63 ( not 62, my mistake ) Ranger to start with.
>
>DA is good enough too, CoH the paladin, then cleric, then ranger, then
>chanter, thenwhoever. There is no crowd control at this point, its just
>1 mob who you must kill, without it running.

Between the Pal, Clc, and Rng, I would hope they can get it snared / rooted
before I get in, so we'll probably send me in after the Rng. Thanks for
poinint out the "running" part ( your other reply ).

>> Any of the 3 ways into the "Castle" from (A) funnel to the same place,
>> so I
>> don't think that would be the difference. Do any of those 3 paths
>> skirt the ( debuff? ) trap? Where the hell =is= that trap? Do you
>> remember, TwoHead? I never saw it when we did your Chardok raid, I
>> just remember "seeing" it go off and Heebs not being real happy about
>> it.
>
>At A, there is only one way into the castle. The 2 side windows are
>above the deep pit (not particularly high, but its more than jump
>range), the centre doorway is where you run in (theres a trap round
>here). Its been a while.. I think the trap is a small dd and a dispell,
>but I could be wrong.

The last raid, we took the right side entrance via Lev and climbing the
wall to the east of it. If there's no real reason to ( like avoiding the
trap which doesn't seem possible ), then we'll go up the gut if we fight
in.

>Once you enter the castle, there are 2 choices. Left (bypass prince)
>and right (prince) - they both lead to the same place in the end.

What are the benefits of going right if you are doing Prince on the way?
Why not go left and set up in the room to the south and pull Prince's room
there?

Unless we have another chanter join who needs Prince, we probably won't hit
Prince on the way in, so this may be moot anyway.

TwoHead

Apr 25, 2003, 1:36:43 PM4/25/03
Zymyool wrote:
> The last raid, we took the right side entrance via Lev and climbing the
> wall to the east of it. If there's no real reason to ( like avoiding the
> trap which doesn't seem possible ), then we'll go up the gut if we fight
> in.

If you are going to give martin all our uber secrets we will have to
blindfold you next time <g>.

As for the trap, we did avoid it going that way but I don't think thats
the primary reason we used that route. The puller was hit by the trap
when someone not with our raid repeatedly triggered it as I recall,
Ziggy may be monitoring this and can perhaps recall this detail better
since I think he gave the guy some crap for doing it so many times.

th

Zymyool

Apr 25, 2003, 2:01:22 PM4/25/03
Subtract_the_Twos (TwoHead) done spake :

>Zymyool wrote:
>> The last raid, we took the right side entrance via Lev and climbing
>> the wall to the east of it. If there's no real reason to ( like
>> avoiding the trap which doesn't seem possible ), then we'll go up the
>> gut if we fight in.
>
>If you are going to give martin all our uber secrets we will have to
>blindfold you next time <g>.

*zips* Just have me cast Whirl/Hurl on myself a few times and dizzify
myself.

>As for the trap, we did avoid it going that way but I don't think thats
>the primary reason we used that route. The puller was hit by the trap
>when someone not with our raid repeatedly triggered it as I recall,
>Ziggy may be monitoring this and can perhaps recall this detail better
>since I think he gave the guy some crap for doing it so many times.

Okay, good to know. I remember Heebs getting smacked by it repeatedly -
now I know why.

Dan Harmon

Apr 29, 2003, 2:54:16 PM4/29/03

"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message

> I put our Chardok raid on hold for a couple reasons but it's time finally
> to gear up for it. Unfortunately, I got some disturbing news - if you
want
> to CoH in, your mage has to not only be Non-KOS, but also Ally.
>
> I'm going to work on the premise that this is true. Going with that
> premise...

It's not true. Last 3 Chardok royals raids I personally COHed my raid in.
My mage is dubious (borderline KOS, unfortunately).

What we did was COH to the hall at the top of the ramp right outside the
King room. On the KING side of the fake wall.

There are 5 roamers but if your mage is talented, he can time it so you
should be able to get at least 2 people in before the first critter is in
aggro range. The order that we always used was:

Enchanter: mezz roamers that show up
Healer: keeps the enchanter alive
High DPS (ranger usually): engage the first critters
Everyone Else.

It's important NOT TO BE IN RAID FUNCTION until you are all down there. It
is EXTREMELY confusing to have to leave raid, find your group leader, get
grouped, and get re-reinvited into the raid.

This is what we found to be easiest:

Create groups at zone in. Get grouped and get buffed.
DISBAND
COH anchor invites folks into the COH group, and they do it in
group-by-group order, COHing the groupleader first. Everyone else is
simply told to disband when they get there and go looking for the group
leader.

The raid leader IS COHed near the start so that he/she can invite the group
leaders as they're COHed and ready.

Dan Harmon

Apr 29, 2003, 3:01:23 PM4/29/03

> I'll give you good notice, though. If we have a TRW, having you click us
> all after the corpses are summoned would be nice. I don't see us wiping
> except in 3 possible places - the room after that trap, the room where the
> last raid wiped, and King's room. We'll only have 2 Chanters if we stick
> with Guild people, so keeping that King room locked down won't be that
> easy.

Breaking the king room with 2 enchanters is doable if they have Fascination
(upgrade ae mez) and glamour of kintaz (because of fast recast time, not
duration or low resist needs)...if you have a druid or enchanter-trained
clerics with their job soley being to keep the enchanter alive. My guild's
problem is lack of shaman and those come in damned handy on King run because
the enchanters will likely be too busy mezzing to slow everything (and
that's absolutely crucial).

If you're farming the King, a single group of 54+ shouldn't have much
trouble keeping the king's room clear, though with that few people you're
going to want to make sure you stagger the AFKs.

If you're going the long way, my guild has lots of experience wiping in the
library. :p We're a lot higher now than before (social guild averaging
level 56+) so we could blow through the library NOW, but I still have
nightmares about that room. :)

The last 3 times we've pulled King room into the hall before, we somehow
ended up with the King. We didn't pacify though...you'll probably want to
consider doing that. :p But expect the King anyway.

Zymyool

Apr 29, 2003, 4:27:19 PM4/29/03
deha...@bigfoot.com (Dan Harmon) done spake :

>Breaking the king room with 2 enchanters is doable if they have
>Fascination (upgrade ae mez) and glamour of kintaz (because of fast
>recast time, not duration or low resist needs)...if you have a druid or
>enchanter-trained clerics with their job soley being to keep the
>enchanter alive. My guild's problem is lack of shaman and those come in
>damned handy on King run because the enchanters will likely be too busy
>mezzing to slow everything (and that's absolutely crucial).

I think we're at 4 50+ shaman, now and 2 can be counted on to be there, I
think. There's a druid in my guild that is always assigned to me and never
lets me die. He's amazing. We'll probably have 3-4 Clerics on the trip,
so that will free up Shamen to slow.

At raid launch, we'll probably have a 57 ENC and a 53 ENC ( that's the way
it's looking, now ). The first time I did Chardok, I was about level 47 or
49 and resists were very very rare for me in King room. I have no idea
why, since they were all red, but the other chanters I talked to before and
after all agreed the resists were abnormally low in there. No complaints.

>If you're farming the King, a single group of 54+ shouldn't have much
>trouble keeping the king's room clear, though with that few people
>you're going to want to make sure you stagger the AFKs.

We'll do him twice, I think. If enough people want to stay for a 3rd, we
can do it, but I don't think people will if we end up having to fight our
way in.

>If you're going the long way, my guild has lots of experience wiping in
>the library. :p We're a lot higher now than before (social guild
>averaging level 56+) so we could blow through the library NOW, but I
>still have nightmares about that room. :)

Our last raid had 2 wipes there. I don't remember what the first one was
caused from, but I think the second one was because of a Sarnak falling in
the pit coming from the room east of the Library and then training the
Overking's room on us. Maybe TH remembers more vividly, it was his Clicky
raid =)

>The last 3 times we've pulled King room into the hall before, we somehow
>ended up with the King. We didn't pacify though...you'll probably want
>to consider doing that. :p But expect the King anyway.

We'll have at least 8 people there that can Pacify. I'm may suggest we
pacify the room ( rogue / bindsight / pacify or wake ) and single King to
the hall. This strat has worked for people before, and if everyone does
their job, it can work for us. It requires more luck than the brute force
method. I'll decide when we get there, depending on how the raid is going.
I don't like doing anything that could potentially aggro the Queen room =)

Thanks for the input here and on your other post.

Dan Harmon

May 1, 2003, 5:23:22 AM5/1/03

> method. I'll decide when we get there, depending on how the raid is
going.
> I don't like doing anything that could potentially aggro the Queen room =)

The ONLY thing that will aggro the Queen room that I've ever seen/heard of,
are raiders who do not hear the instruction: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN
THAT DOOR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RAMP OR WE WILL ALL DIE AND BE PISSED AS HELL
AT YOU. :)