Bound in Swamp?

jaZZmanian Devil

Mar 30, 2001, 8:16:05 AM3/30/01
This was a "Hey! Wait a minute!" moment. My new troll's bind point is in
the newbie area of Innothule swamp near the bashers. That's not a city
zone! How can I be bound there??
--
Jakys Lv'Tyrr, the Mad Monk of Qeynos
Monk of 22 Seasons, Silent Fist

Crying Freeman

Mar 30, 2001, 8:59:25 AM3/30/01

jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> This was a "Hey! Wait a minute!" moment. My new troll's bind point is in
> the newbie area of Innothule swamp near the bashers. That's not a city
> zone! How can I be bound there??
> --
Starting bind points are often not city zones. Dark Elves, although starting
in Neriak (commons) are actually bound outside the city in Nektulos Forest.
Cannot rebind there tho'

CF

Lokari

Mar 30, 2001, 11:15:01 AM3/30/01
"Crying Freeman" <fre...@108dragons.clara.co.uk> wrote:

>> This was a "Hey! Wait a minute!" moment. My new troll's bind point is in
>> the newbie area of Innothule swamp near the bashers. That's not a city
>> zone! How can I be bound there??

>Starting bind points are often not city zones. Dark Elves, although starting

>in Neriak (commons) are actually bound outside the city in Nektulos Forest.
>Cannot rebind there tho'

Likewise, the dwarves starting bind point is outdoors in front of
Kaladim. And I tested the hell out of that bind point my first several
weeks of play!

--
We now return to our regularly scheduled sig.
www.lokari.net

Mark A. Rimer

Mar 30, 2001, 11:49:12 AM3/30/01
> This was a "Hey! Wait a minute!" moment. My new troll's bind point is in
> the newbie area of Innothule swamp near the bashers. That's not a city
> zone! How can I be bound there??
It's the newbie bind spot...obstensably to get you back into the action
quicker.
I know that for halflings you "start" the game in Rivervale, but if you die,
the
bind spot is in the Misty Thicket near the RV tunnel. Just one of those
things...
:-)

Gladimir

Mar 30, 2001, 12:18:20 PM3/30/01
I think it is a convenience to newbie characters. You'll probably be dying
a lot, so being bound in the newbie zone takes some of the sting out of it.

- Gladimir

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

Sergey Dashevskiy

Mar 30, 2001, 1:26:17 PM3/30/01
In article <wd3x6.136175$GV2.34...@typhoon.san.rr.com>,
glad...@san.rr.com says...

> I think it is a convenience to newbie characters. You'll probably be dying
> a lot, so being bound in the newbie zone takes some of the sting out of it.

It was rather a pride thing for me :) I moved my monk's bind point at
45. Until then he would pop into the newbie zone buck naked every now
and then and go to the pit to kick some newbie mobs in da bidness, to
save the day :)

--
Vedun Dazhbog/Rusich Smaks, 51 shamonk (mystiple?)
Strakh Smerti, 34 shadowknight

Bat Child (Sue M.)

Mar 31, 2001, 2:54:34 AM3/31/01
Iksar bind point is in Field of Bone near entrance and guards.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:15:01 GMT, Lokari <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net>
wrote:

http://www.primenet.com/~xenubat
http://scorsese.jumpmovies.com

Tim Smith

Apr 10, 2001, 2:33:02 AM4/10/01
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:16:05 -0500, jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>This was a "Hey! Wait a minute!" moment. My new troll's bind point is in
>the newbie area of Innothule swamp near the bashers. That's not a city
>zone! How can I be bound there??

The initial bind point is always in a newbie area close to where you are
first dumped into the game. For most races/classes, this will be an
area that people cannot get bound to, even though you start out bound
there:

Qeynos Hills, for races/classes that start in Surefall Glade
Tox, for good Erudites
Nektulos, for Dark Elves
Misty Thicket, for Halflings
Steamfont, for Gnomes
Butcherblock, for Dwarves
Everfrost, for Barbarians
Field of Bone, for Iksar
Innothule, for Trolls
Feerott, for Ogres

The Iksar one is kind of annoying. My first Iksar found his guild,
turned in his note, then stumbled around 'till he found a newbie area.
I didn't realize that there were *four* newbie areas around Cabilis, so
fought happily in Swamp of No Hope, and then died, expecting to respawn
in the Swamp. I think it would be nicer if each newbie zone had a
respawn point, and upon death in those zones, anyone whose bind point
has not been changed would respawn at that zone's bind point.

--Tim Smith