Camping for quest items

1 view

Gordon Chapman

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
that it might just pop up.
--

Software engineering is an ongoing battle between software
engineers constantly striving to create bigger and better

Right now the Universe is winning.

Gordon W. Chapman
--Lead Artist
--Climax Group
--gor...@climax.co.uk

Timothy J Parker

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
Gordon Chapman wrote:

> Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
> Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
> Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
> that it might just pop up.

Heheh, they never found the Holy Grail, did they? Maybe they should have
tried camping! ;-)

ScarFace

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
once they got it they would sell it on ebay. HOLY GRAIL: starting bid 5000
francs.

Timothy J Parker <tjpa...@4321ameritech.net> wrote in message

Shortest Barbarian On The Block

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
>Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
>Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
>Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
>that it might just pop up.

Probably because they weren't competing with 2,000 other people who knew
*exactly* where the Holy Grail would be and when. :>

"How many good omens involve things that come out of a chicken's butt?"
--Dogbert
"One is all that's needed." --Dilbert

John Henders

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
In <3814EE65...@4321ameritech.net> Timothy J Parker <tjpa...@4321ameritech.net> writes:

>Gordon Chapman wrote:
>>
>> Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
>> Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
>> Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
>> that it might just pop up.

>Heheh, they never found the Holy Grail, did they? Maybe they should have
>tried camping! ;-)

Or killed all the rabbits and squirrels in the forest in hopes the grail
would spawn.

--
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v

Victor

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

Timothy J Parker wrote:

> Gordon Chapman wrote:
> >
> > Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
> > Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
> > Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
> > that it might just pop up.
>
> Heheh, they never found the Holy Grail, did they? Maybe they should have
> tried camping! ;-)

They all died, too. Maybe they should have tried to find it as a group
instead of solo'ing.

dstep

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:57:19 GMT, gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman)
wrote:

>Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
>Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
>Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
>that it might just pop up.

No, only shamans do that in EQ since they have to if they want
to kill the glacier bear for the shaman armor helm.
Yes, I am bitter about that.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

You haven't seen the cleric quests then, 8 hours waiting for a bag to
appear on the floor of a cabin, on a tree stump, in a waterfall and
underwater.

Want to know the real kicker ?

Clerics have to kill your glacier bear ASWELL (he drops both your
quest item, and a quest item WE need)

You got it easy compared to us (with the possible exception of
Grizzleknot)

G.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:38:50 -0400, Victor <duke...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>They all died, too. Maybe they should have tried to find it as a group
>instead of solo'ing.

Great, then 6 people can sit around and get bored instead of just the
one =)

Jeff Hoppe

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

John Henders <jhen...@example.com> wrote in message
> >Gordon Chapman wrote:
> >>
> >> Just an observation, but I don't recall reading in any form of
> >> Arthurian legend, a Knight of the round table, questing for the Holy
> >> Grail, sitting around on the ground for 16 hours on the off chance
> >> that it might just pop up.
>

> >Heheh, they never found the Holy Grail, did they? Maybe they should have
> >tried camping! ;-)
>
> Or killed all the rabbits and squirrels in the forest in hopes the grail
> would spawn.

Except for that rare (every 7 hours) Uber-Rabbit Spawn...

Jeff

John Henders

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
In <ZSkR3.6545$nq3....@news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com> "Jeff Hoppe" <jhoppe1...@home.com> writes:

>Except for that rare (every 7 hours) Uber-Rabbit Spawn...

I think that's the mob that drops the grail.