Emergency Patch Friday, March 8th

Richard Burge

Mar 8, 2002, 5:59:44 AM3/8/02
On Friday, March 8th, at 3AM PST, (11AM GMT), all servers will be brought
down for an emergency patch. The estimated downtime is 3 hours.

- The EverQuest Operations Team

Just in case you were wondering why you couldn't log in. I guess they
screwed up Cazic Thule just a bit too much...

Brian Hance

Mar 8, 2002, 6:11:20 AM3/8/02

Just went to Casters Realm (http://eq.castersrealm.com/) and saw this:

+++
EMERGENCY PATCH

This from the Network Status page:

On Friday, March 8th, at 3AM PST, (11AM GMT), all servers will be
brought down for an emergency patch. The estimated downtime is 3
hours.
- The EverQuest Operations Team

One of the reasons for this patch is to apparently correct a bug when
fighting King Tormax which causes the zone to crash.
In related patch news, yesterdays patch also enabled the necromancer
spell Levant to work at any time during the day or night.

+++
--
Brian Hance
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself.

Gizmoduck

Mar 8, 2002, 6:20:29 AM3/8/02
On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:59:44 GMT, Richard Burge
<rb_u...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

bah this is now...and i was just about to sign in

--

Gizmoduck

-
Everquest
Qaryil the wizard on the Xegony server

Dream King

Mar 8, 2002, 9:52:19 AM3/8/02
Richard Burge <rb_u...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Perhaps it also had something to do with the tremendous lag spikes. At
least in ToV it was pretty bad.

Brian

Mar 8, 2002, 10:34:40 AM3/8/02

"Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

What lag spikes ? i only went LD after 45 seconds od logging on 5 times =(

Richard

Mar 8, 2002, 11:38:36 AM3/8/02
"Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

Wasn't just there. I was in CoM last night, I went LD once, went way into
the red numerous times. Of course, lately this seems normal. Was not just
me, most, if not all, people playing there had the same problem. Our Rogue
went LD 3 times. I'm sure it's just my ISP though.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Shaman of 50 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

Jeremiah Kristal

Mar 8, 2002, 11:56:31 AM3/8/02
Richard <richar...@netscape.net> wrote:
> "Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

>> Perhaps it also had something to do with the tremendous lag spikes. At

>> least in ToV it was pretty bad.

> Wasn't just there. I was in CoM last night, I went LD once, went way into
> the red numerous times. Of course, lately this seems normal. Was not just
> me, most, if not all, people playing there had the same problem. Our Rogue
> went LD 3 times. I'm sure it's just my ISP though.

Oddly enough I saw fewer LDs than normal last night. Out of 30 of us in
VP, I think we had at most 2 LD at one time. We did see several lag
spikes, but certainly not like we were seeing Monday and Tuesday.

Arolpin

jaZZmanian Devil

Mar 8, 2002, 3:42:15 PM3/8/02
bizbee wrote:
> >Wasn't just there. I was in CoM last night, I went LD once, went way into
> >the red numerous times. Of course, lately this seems normal. Was not just
> >me, most, if not all, people playing there had the same problem. Our Rogue
> >went LD 3 times. I'm sure it's just my ISP though.
>
> Got the same thing in Skyfire for the last two days....

Speaking of Skyfire (and yes... I know I'm dragging this off onto a
completely unrelated issue) has anyone noticed something of a "bump" up
in the drop rates and quality in SF recently?

We were there the other night, granted not for long, and out of the
first five mobs we got three drops that included a 58 shammy and 57
druid spell. (Bonds of Tunare and whatever the 58 shammy "talisman of
something" spell is) and then a bunch more, though not of that level.
Seemed to be falling like rain. Yeah, could have just been a run of
REALLY good luck, but with VI's comments about improving certain drop
rates, balancing casters, etc. I was just curious if any of you regular
Skyfire hunters have noticed this?
--
jaZZ md
*******

Brian Cunningham

Mar 9, 2002, 2:56:57 PM3/9/02
> but with VI's comments about improving certain drop
> rates.

From patch message 17/2/2002 (or 2/17/2002 depending what side of the
Atlantic you live :))
"Increased the drop rate on some 55-60th level Kunark spells that were
overly rare. "

http://eq.castersrealm.com/archives.asp?Day=18&Month=2&Year=2002&ID=4110&Act
ion=View

Just Jekke

Mar 11, 2002, 3:00:29 AM3/11/02
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:56:57 -0000, "Brian Cunningham"
<bcunn...@globeflow.com> wrote:

>> but with VI's comments about improving certain drop
>> rates.
>
>From patch message 17/2/2002 (or 2/17/2002 depending what side of the
>Atlantic you live :))
>"Increased the drop rate on some 55-60th level Kunark spells that were
>overly rare. "

They improved them so much, we were afraid they were going to figure
out that they were TOO high and nerf them back down, so we took the
opportunity to do about 8 hours at Juggs in Sebilis with 3 groups and
got about 150 level 55+ spells.

--Jekke
=====================
Playing on Torvonilous
Moulin Khmer (Dark Elf Rogue, 56)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=87681
Qiin Dred (Iksar Necromancer, 55)
Sheava Ebonrezzor (Dark Elf Cleric, 40)
Greebeux Goodkitty (Iksar Warrior, 29)
Cattawompus (Vah Shir Bard, 11)
Persona (Dark Elf Enchanter, 9)

jaZZmanian Devil

Mar 11, 2002, 9:54:34 AM3/11/02
Newshound007 wrote:
> > They improved them so much, we were afraid they were going to figure
> > out that they were TOO high and nerf them back down, so we took the
> > opportunity to do about 8 hours at Juggs in Sebilis with 3 groups and
> > got about 150 level 55+ spells.
>
> What I find strange is the new drop rate for 55+ spells is better than the
> drop rate for research components for level 49 mag, wiz, enchanter, and
> necro spell research.

Not going to say they "re-nerfed it" because it's still all a random
crap shoot, but we were back in Skyfire yesterday for five hours and got
six spells. Most of them were crap, too. Pulling the same mobs as usual
(anything named or bigger than the normal wyverns, wurms and drakes).
--
jaZZ md
- - - -

James Grahame

Mar 11, 2002, 2:05:38 PM3/11/02

"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Newshound007 wrote:
> > > They improved them so much, we were afraid they were going to figure
> > > out that they were TOO high and nerf them back down, so we took the
> > > opportunity to do about 8 hours at Juggs in Sebilis with 3 groups and
> > > got about 150 level 55+ spells.
> >
> > What I find strange is the new drop rate for 55+ spells is better than
the
> > drop rate for research components for level 49 mag, wiz, enchanter, and
> > necro spell research.
>
> Not going to say they "re-nerfed it" because it's still all a random
> crap shoot, but we were back in Skyfire yesterday for five hours and got
> six spells. Most of them were crap, too. Pulling the same mobs as usual
> (anything named or bigger than the normal wyverns, wurms and drakes).

Last night a guildie was doing Juggs in Seb. The list of spells they
were getting sounded like a Who's Who of rare spells - Markar's Dislocation,
Girdle of Karana, Pox of Bertox.... I'd say that if anything, only Skyfire
was nerfed back. If you want spells go to Juggs.

James

Jeremiah Kristal

Mar 11, 2002, 2:43:03 PM3/11/02
James Grahame <jamesg...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> "jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

>> Not going to say they "re-nerfed it" because it's still all a random

>> crap shoot, but we were back in Skyfire yesterday for five hours and got
>> six spells. Most of them were crap, too. Pulling the same mobs as usual
>> (anything named or bigger than the normal wyverns, wurms and drakes).

> Last night a guildie was doing Juggs in Seb. The list of spells they
> were getting sounded like a Who's Who of rare spells - Markar's Dislocation,
> Girdle of Karana, Pox of Bertox.... I'd say that if anything, only Skyfire
> was nerfed back. If you want spells go to Juggs.

We had a guild crawl in Ssra Temple last night, and we were getting spell
dropping every couple kills. We got our group regen for the shammys, and
all of our mages now have the uber-modrods, and it seems that quite a few
other casters were getting spells too. I didn't see any bard songs drop,
but I know that our casters were pretty damn excited.

Arolpin
Virtouso-Methods of Madness

Handy Solo

Mar 11, 2002, 2:53:49 PM3/11/02

Was in Skyfire last two nights (fun being the youngest in zone!) and
we had a fair number of spells dropping. I got earthquake (sure, just
7 dings until I can use it...), druid got some cold / FR spell and a
Mage spell dropped all last night. Forget what the previous session
dropped.

--
Darkensolo Lightenhealer- 44th Dwarven Cleric
Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 28th Barbie BeastLord