Level 3 Blues.......getting bored help!!!

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Well what should I do? It would take a billion fire beetle eyes to get a
fishing pole. The prince and princess are easy now but everything else is
too hard. I could fight 1000 beetles and go to level four. I have not enough
money to buy even the weakest cloth or weapon.....any help

Payback_Time

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Get used to it. I didn't buy my first armor till level 5. I got a fishing
rod early on though.

--
Gamer's Review
Synopsis' of the latest games so you know whether to buy 'em or fry 'em.

Euler

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
First of all. WHAT CLASS ARE YOU. If you were a barbarian for example, other
pc's sell great patchwork armor at great prices in the halas and everfrost
area. Oh and one more thing, GROUP UP IF YOU WANT TO TAKE DOWN TOUGHER
MONSTERS.

Carthon

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Tell us where you are as well as what class and race. They all determine
what's available to you.

Mark S

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Not really sure what the problem is for you. I am currently lvl 4
(almost 5) and have not had too much difficulty earning cash. As a
dwarf in the butcherblock mtn i have made enough cash to buy several
pieces of armor (cloth pants, cloak, sleeves, sandals, and a wooden
shield) plus had 2 rusty weapons and had sold several more. I also had
2 belt pouches. All of this equip was either found on monsters or
purchased with loot sold from monsters (decaying skels often carry rusty
weapons which are worth quite a bit for a newbie). I though i was all
set, then last night I ventured off into an area new zone that i
shouldn't have, prompty got lost and killed losing all my stuff!! Auggh!

But, upon restarting, with no food, water or equip, I killed a decay
skel with my bare hands, gaining a rusty battle axe in the process! For
the next hour I slaughtered ever creature i could to make money to buy
food and such, and at the end of that hour I had 2 rusty battle axes, 1
rusty long sword, 1 rusty dagger, and well over 6 gold pieces. What a
comeback! Yes, good equipement is expensive, but this game is not
impossible by any means. Keep trying and start grouping!!

Mark S.

PS. There are at least 8 different creatures i can kill in the newbie
zones alone, of varying degrees of difficulty. Man, I remember when
Aviak Chicks would slaughter me...

Riprock

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Level 3?? You should be out in Qeynos hills looking for
stuff to kill.

-Ethril-

C wrote:

> Well what should I do? It would take a billion fire beetle eyes to get a
> fishing pole. The prince and princess are easy now but everything else is
> too hard. I could fight 1000 beetles and go to level four. I have not enough
> money to buy even the weakest cloth or weapon.....any help

--
Love Unconditionally, Live Sacrificially.

http://www2.southwind.net/~riprock/prayer.html

Kevin Drayson

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99

C wrote in message <7ac2o4$o1k$1...@remarQ.com>...
>Well what should I do? It would take a billion fire beetle eyes to get a
>fishing pole. The prince and princess are easy now but everything else is
>too hard. I could fight 1000 beetles and go to level four. I have not
enough
>money to buy even the weakest cloth or weapon.....any help

I generally leave the newbie zone after reaching 2nd level. It's a bit
risky, but you're fine as long as you watch your surroundings, and are fast
on your feet. Your best bet is to group, but make sure it's balanced- you
need a cleric, and maybe a wizard.

As for armour and weapons, my 10th level Paladin in phase 3 got her first
bit of leather armour around 6th or 7th. She was fully armoured by the end
of P3, and had scraped up enough to buy a regular sword (that was after
reaching 10th).

Kevin

ken

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
1) Beginner weapons are worth 2p typically, so until about level 9 or so
you don't really need another.... Though rusty 2h is better.

2) Level 1-4 are intentionally easy to get people addicted.... Amount of
ep you get from snake at level 4 is typically more than you get from
fighting even things on higher levels.