A server with no ANON

1 view

Kirk Hanks

Aug 29, 2001, 6:37:43 AM8/29/01
I would love to see this. I am rarely anon as I like to help others in need
but as it is now it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
desperately needed. Flame on

Atomik

Aug 29, 2001, 6:56:32 AM8/29/01
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:37:43 GMT, "Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com>
wrote:

>I would love to see this. I am rarely anon as I like to help others in need
>but as it is now it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
>desperately needed. Flame on

For a long time, I left anon/roleplay off while playig my druid. I
didn't mind people requesting ports/sows etc. If I was busy, I'd reply
with a polite message saying I wasn't able to help.

However, eventually I got sick of all the idiots sending me tells
saying "I need a port" without so much as a "please". Also, I got sick
of people who wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I'd even port people,
and then have them hassle me to take them to their ultimate
destination.... often two or three zones away (which I'd happily do if
I had the time, but quite often I'd be busy, and would've taken time
out to help... and again, these people wouldn't take a polite 'no' for
an answer).

Like I said... I'm quite happy to receive polite requests for help
(I've often ported people to BB, and then taken them to the docks and
shown them where the shuttles are to get to Kunark), but dealing with
the idiots makes anon/roleplay almost essential. These days, I just
respond to nice requests that I see in /ooc.

Wayland Wolfeclaw
35th Level Druid
Company of Valor
Quellious Server

www.companyofvalor.org

ryouseika

Aug 29, 2001, 7:01:51 AM8/29/01
In article <XB3j7.33771$hT4.9180351
@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>, k.h...@home.com says...

> I would love to see this. I am rarely anon as I like to help others in need
> but as it is now it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
> desperately needed. Flame on

Well, I dunno about 'flaming' but... when do you
'desperately' need a sow or a clarity? I've had so many
people tell me they want a sow for a corpse run - if one
of my characters doesn't have sow, I run without it. If
it's a long run, I *might* shout out an offer to *pay*
for the SoW (always keep a bit of cash, a spare weapon,
food/drink, and a light-source in the bank) but if I
don't get it, I start running. As for clarity - c'mon,
I don't even *play* a chanter capable of giving out
breeze/clarity (okay, she's level *one*. hasn't even
killed anything yet. can you blame me, when I tell you
I'm an erudite chanter?) and I can't believe the amount
of people screaming for clarity. And in the most
assuming ways, too. "Clarity at orc 1 plz!" Uh... no?
I mean, once in awhile I'll hand out free
sows/binds/buffs at the gate if I'm playing my shaman,
but if *I* want a certain advantage, I'll play the
character that *gets* that advantage, or I'll offer some
kind of payback for the time/mana/HP involved.

--
Lelilali (still gotta start up a druid and a necro..)
19th level shaman

Judd Lee

Aug 29, 2001, 7:05:22 AM8/29/01
I would love it! And yes, I DO have a druid, I do have a cleric nearing Rez
capable lvls, I DO have a chanter that breezes, and my mage is constantly
asked to summon this or that, and I NEVER complain. I would so love it
"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote in message

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 7:07:19 AM8/29/01
I prefer the /Anon and /Roleplay functions, especially when I play a class
that people beg stuff from 24/7

I was playing my druid a few days ago, all of a sudden I got 5 tells within
30 seconds all saying something along the lines of "D00d SoW Plz!" and at
that I just turned on Anon and SoWed them.

I always played /roleplay as my Necromancer though, I'd sometimes get
messages from people to ask if they could come and summon a corpse for them,
and sometimes they were in the weirdest places. I was laying the smackdown
on some Spirocs in TD and there was a Wood Elf Warrior who was only about
level 10 (a complete twink mind you) and he asked me if I could summon his
corpse for him, it turned out he'd strayed into the Ogre camp near the
Bloated Belly docks and they killed him.

I just sighed and walked over to it and pulled it to him. Then went Anon
hehe.

/rant off :)

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 7:31:58 AM8/29/01
I hate people that dont take no for an answer, it's really frustrating,
especially when they begin to abuse you verbally if you tell them that you
can't help them.

Here's my plan to piss off these idiots:

Mr X tells you, 'Hey man, can I bum a port off you to Dreadlands please?
It's urgent.'
You tell Mr X, 'Sorry, I'm busy'
Mr X tells you, 'C'mon man don't be a prick, I really need this ride and
you're the only one around'
You tell Mr X, 'I'm really sorry man I'm busy'
Mr X tells you, 'I'll pay you!'
You tell Mr X, 'Listen to me man, I'm very busy, can you not try and find
someone else?'
Mr X tells you, 'FFS man come on take me to Dreadlands!'
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
You tell Mr X, 'Please stop that'
Mr X tells you, 'Make me!'
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
Mr X begins to inspect you...
You tell Mr X, 'Ok I'll take you if you stop bugging me'
Mr X tells you, 'Finally!!!'
You invite Mr X to join your group
Mr X joins the group
You begin to cast a spell
You create a mystic portal
Mr X creates a mystic portal

Welcome to Toxxulia Forest

Mr X tells the group, 'Hey asshole I said Dreadlands! What are you trying to
pull?'
You tell the group, 'I told you I was busy, believe me now?'
Mr X has been removed from the group
You begin to cast a spell
You create a mystic portal

Welcome to West Commonlands

You tell Mr B, 'Ok now where was I man?'

The moral of this story is: Don't piss off a druid cos they'll screw you if
you do :)

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

"Atomik" <stu_p...@excite.com> wrote in message

Wolfie

Aug 29, 2001, 7:38:18 AM8/29/01

"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote in message

Clarity and/or SoW (or any other spells you don't have access to
yourself) aren't "desperately needed." They might be "desperately
wanted," but that's an entirely different thing.

Jakugg

Aug 29, 2001, 7:56:12 AM8/29/01
Unforgiven Edge wrote:

> You tell Mr X, 'Ok I'll take you if you stop bugging me'
> Mr X tells you, 'Finally!!!'
> You invite Mr X to join your group
> Mr X joins the group
> You begin to cast a spell
> You create a mystic portal
> Mr X creates a mystic portal

> Welcome to Toxxulia Forest
>
> Mr X tells the group, 'Hey asshole I said Dreadlands! What are you trying to
> pull?'
> You tell the group, 'I told you I was busy, believe me now?'
> Mr X has been removed from the group

That might sound like fun, but if Mr. X has 1/10th of a brain in his head, he
knows that this trick is specifically laid out by Verant as a punishable
offense, will do a /report and /petition on you, and you'll get a warning or a
suspension, and he'll probably get a free port to DL.
--
Jakugg Blackheart, Troll Warrior of 45 Campaigns
a.k.a.

Bradmeister

Aug 29, 2001, 9:23:02 AM8/29/01
>>>SNIP<<<

>> Clarity and/or SoW (or any other spells you don't have access to
yourself) aren't "desperately needed." <<

<devils advocate>

There are certain times when a SoW could be considered "desperately needed".
Case in point (true story):

I'm fighting in LOIO. I die, but it's no biggie cause I'm bound in FV. (I'm
a warrior, BTW). So, I start running down the shoreline, then following the
river to the LOIO zone. Then I get jumped by a weblurker (silkskulker, or
whatever those drider looking things are). Mindset is to just keep running
to zone, right? Kinda hard to do when you're stunned. Or rooted. So I die.

Zone into FV docks. Decide to make the run again (like I have a choice).
Same thing happens. I did my best to avoid the driders, but there are a lot
of rocks to negotiate around that river, and normal running doesn't cut it.
I die. Again.

Now I've lost about two hard earned gold bubbles, so I ask for a SoW. I even
go to the bank first and withdraw some money to donate. A friendly druid
gives me a SoW, didn't even ask for a donation. (I gave it to him anyway).
Then I run like the wind for LOIO. This time I'm able to keep out of the
driders way, and even outrun the goblin that agroed me.

And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can see
invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50 friend
who's afraid of these things.

</devils advocate>

--
"Ever stop to think ... then forget to start again?"

Gortha Strongwill <Infinitus Vindicat>
Dwarven Warrior of 27 seasons
Prexus server

(remove "ao" to email any responses)

Wolfie

Aug 29, 2001, 10:03:50 AM8/29/01

"Bradmeister" <bradm...@hot.roar.com> wrote in message

Sorry, still not needed. Those spiders have very small agro ranges,
and -- here's the best part -- they're ranger-types. Yes, they *can*
and *do* SoW themselves. So getting by them doesn't require a
SoW, because they might be able to outrun it. And, even if they
don't, they can root you. SoW doesn't help a bit when you're
rooted. (Unless you consider standing in one place very quickly
while dying a help.)

You don't *need* a SoW; you *need* to be careful. A SoW can
substitute for being careful, or being careful can substitute for
a SoW. All classes get "Careful" at level 1, but it's amazing how
many people never prime it and never see any skill increases.

But, if you feel that you *need* SoW for CRs, bind near a bank
and *buy* a SoW potion: 10pp/dose. Keep it in the bank, and
you'll never have to bother anyone for a SoW again for a CR.
You'll find it's surprising how many "gotta have a SoW" situations
become manageable without using that potion....

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 10:31:37 AM8/29/01
"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote:

It would likely be about as populated as Test server...

Here's how you find clarity/SOW: "/ooc Could I get a <clarity/SOW>?
Will come to you". People who send me direct tells, especially while
I'm busy, asking for SOW get ignored. All being non-anon will allow is
for you to see who is capable, it won't increase your chances of
getting the service.

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Change "mindspring.com" to "knology.net" to email

I know what they'll find
It's in their mind
It's what they want to see...

Sean

Aug 29, 2001, 10:33:10 AM8/29/01
> And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can see
> invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50
friend
> who's afraid of these things.

They're around level 30 to 32.. ;) Now Vekis, that's a guy to be scared
of..

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 10:35:18 AM8/29/01
Jakugg <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>That might sound like fun, but if Mr. X has 1/10th of a brain in his head, he
>knows that this trick is specifically laid out by Verant as a punishable
>offense, will do a /report and /petition on you, and you'll get a warning or a
>suspension, and he'll probably get a free port to DL.

If Mr X has 2/10th of a brain in his head, he knows that he can get
/report and /petitioned himself for harassment and inspection
spamming, and wouldn't open himself up for such retaliation like that.

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 10:37:20 AM8/29/01
ryouseika <ha...@ha.ha> wrote:

>Well, I dunno about 'flaming' but... when do you
>'desperately' need a sow or a clarity?

I've occasionally ( when bored and medding ) picked on people over the
meaning of "need" when they /ooc "NEED A SOW/PORT/CLARITY!!!!". No,
you don't "need" those things. You can hunt and survive without them.
I do it all the time. Quite effectively. You "need" food, air, water,
etc. You "WANT" SOW/port/clarity.

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 10:40:05 AM8/29/01
"Bradmeister" <bradm...@hot.roar.com> wrote:

>There are certain times when a SoW could be considered "desperately needed".
>Case in point (true story):
>
>I'm fighting in LOIO. I die, but it's no biggie cause I'm bound in FV. (I'm
>a warrior, BTW). So, I start running down the shoreline, then following the
>river to the LOIO zone. Then I get jumped by a weblurker (silkskulker, or
>whatever those drider looking things are). Mindset is to just keep running
>to zone, right? Kinda hard to do when you're stunned. Or rooted. So I die.
>
>Zone into FV docks. Decide to make the run again (like I have a choice).
>Same thing happens. I did my best to avoid the driders, but there are a lot
>of rocks to negotiate around that river, and normal running doesn't cut it.
>I die. Again.
>
>Now I've lost about two hard earned gold bubbles, so I ask for a SoW. I even
>go to the bank first and withdraw some money to donate. A friendly druid
>gives me a SoW, didn't even ask for a donation. (I gave it to him anyway).
>Then I run like the wind for LOIO. This time I'm able to keep out of the
>driders way, and even outrun the goblin that agroed me.
>
>And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can see
>invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50 friend
>who's afraid of these things.

I've made the run many times without SOW. SOW is not "desperately
needed" or even non-desperately "needed". It's a convenience that
makes the run easier, but it certainly can be done without it.

By the way, only some of the DRACHNIDS (There are no "Driders" in EQ,
I don't care how similar Drachnids are) see through invis.

Dream King

Aug 29, 2001, 11:01:20 AM8/29/01
"Sean" <m...@here.com> wrote:

Vekis is a she. Just fyi and all that...

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 11:33:06 AM8/29/01
morp...@cent.com (Dream King) wrote:

Dunno why people have such a hard time telling...

Bad make-up, head crest, scrawny tail = female.
No head crest, dull colors, strong tail = male.

Ken

Aug 29, 2001, 12:02:31 PM8/29/01

"Dark Tyger" <dark...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Jakugg <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> If Mr X has 2/10th of a brain in his head, he knows that he can get
> /report and /petitioned himself for harassment and inspection
> spamming, and wouldn't open himself up for such retaliation like that.

Wrong, VI has already stated that they put the option to turn off the
inspection message in so people that are bothered by the message can turn it
off. This has been put to the test once already that I know of, where
someone kept inspecting another person, they reported it and the GM told
them to simply turn off the inspect message.
You see they have better things to do than to follow up on all the people
complaining about someone inspecting them.

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 12:00:16 PM8/29/01
It's not just the message that's annoying though, it also causes lag on your
end if someone inspects you over and over. I was in Karnors a few days ago
and there was a monk feigned at the live captain pull spot, he was getting
in the way and making it awkward for targetting and in the end we all walked
over to him and right clicked him like mad, he went LD after a few seconds
and we never saw him again.

I know it's a mean thing to do but the guy was afk there when we got there
and 5 hours later he still hadn't moved an inch and he was also making
pulling harder for the ranger because she kept running into him and almost
stopping.

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

"Ken" <hies...@home.com> wrote in message

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 12:04:45 PM8/29/01
If you have a level 50 friend who's afraid of the drachnids then he must be
highly misinformed about their level or a bit of a wuss since they're around
level 35!

Also, I've been in the same situation as you with those dracnids, they got
me a lot when I was around level 20. Once time I actually had SoW, 1
poisoned me and beat me down and I zoned into LOIO with a mere 100hp left, I
ended up getting stuck in a rock in the water and couldnt bandage myself up
to try and deterr the poison (I could bind about 20-25hp per bandage so it
would have saved my life, but crappy geography on Verant's part took my life
away for the second time.

I get used to it most of the time though, dying is a Halflings job :)

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 12:06:58 PM8/29/01
Or:

Has long red hair: Woman
Looks to be bald from a distance: Man

even easier:

Has breasts: Woman
Has no breasts: Man

hehe :D

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

"Dark Tyger" <dark...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Dan Harmon

Aug 29, 2001, 12:30:41 PM8/29/01

"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote in message

Wow, are you a troll or something? What makes you think it's your right to
go pestering sow or clarity givers? Want either? Group with them or
auction offering lots of money.

Dan Harmon

Aug 29, 2001, 12:32:49 PM8/29/01

"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote in message

Aw hell, I have more to say.

My 54 enchanter and 52 druid are almost never hiding. But people like you
are the reason I sometimes DO use /role.

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 12:32:58 PM8/29/01
"Unforgiven Edge" <unforgi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Or:
>
>Has long red hair: Woman
>Looks to be bald from a distance: Man
>
>even easier:
>
>Has breasts: Woman
>Has no breasts: Man
>
>hehe :D

*bonk* We're talking Iksar here. ;-p No hair, no breasts.

Rick Cortese

Aug 29, 2001, 12:47:00 PM8/29/01
"Bradmeister" <bradm...@hot.roar.com> wrote in message
> >> Clarity and/or SoW (or any other spells you don't have access to
> yourself) aren't "desperately needed." <<
>
> <devils advocate>
>
> There are certain times when a SoW could be considered "desperately
needed".
> Case in point (true story):
<snip>

Having suffered some deaths on mid level characters lately due to idiots
training high level monsters to the zone line, I have to say in almost every
case SoW is *NOT* the best solution.

I have never asked for a SoW for a corpse run. A SoW is inappropriate in a
lot of cases. To me, it<Selo's too> can often mean "I'm an idiot and I plan
on running in a straight line through every monster for 3 zones and the
train will be everyone elses problem."

It would be much better to be traveling invisible in almost every case.
There is a problem with invisibilty spells not lasting long enough, but that
is something VI should take care of. Do something like tie the duration of
invisibility to the weight you are carrying. Monks of couse would get the
bonus more often during regular game play, but really, who cares?

The only exception is undead and high level monsters that see through
invisibility, and once again if VI changed the code to allow for low weight
being carried => increased effectiveness, it wouldn't be a problem.

The current situation is you need a 9+ Shammy<who are out on the edges of
the game world> or a Druid that is at least level 14 that is standing around
your bind point when you happen to die. The situation I am talking about
would mean a level 4 enc or 5 druid or 8 magician would be added to the list
of people able to help you with corpse recovery.

I have noticed a lot of uninformed players, I am assuming 12 year old types,
that don't quite have our handle on the game. They see people yelling for
SoW's for corpse runs and think that is the best way to do one. Even simple
things that we take for granted like draging your corpse to a safe area,
they just don't get. Nothing funny then to have some poor kid you have just
SoW'd and camo'd try to loot his corpse at the feet of the mob that had just
killed him.

At some point it does become our responsibilty to educate them. It can be as
simple as changing "Need SoW for corpse run" to "Need SoW and/or camo for
corpse run".

The added benefit for me is I will die a bit less due to griffon and hill
giant trains if people are traveling invis.

Lokari

Aug 29, 2001, 1:33:39 PM8/29/01
"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote:

>it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
>desperately needed.

You're confusing "need" with "want". You don't need clarity or sow.
And your desire to have them is not more important than the desire of
the people who can provide them to not be bothered with direct tells.

When you want one of these buffs, /auction for it. Offer some money,
and agree to go to the provider.

--

www.lokari.net

Lokari

Aug 29, 2001, 1:36:48 PM8/29/01
"Bradmeister" <bradm...@hot.roar.com> wrote:

>There are certain times when a SoW could be considered "desperately needed".
>Case in point (true story):

What you describe doesn't demonstrate a case where you "need" a SoW.
It demonstrates a case where you need to be careful traveling through
a dangerous area.

SoW certainly makes it easier, but you don't *need* it to get through
there.

--

www.lokari.net

Jam

Aug 29, 2001, 2:18:35 PM8/29/01
> Well, I dunno about 'flaming' but... when do you
> 'desperately' need a sow or a clarity? I've had so many
> people tell me they want a sow for a corpse run - if one
> of my characters doesn't have sow, I run without it. If
> it's a long run, I *might* shout out an offer to *pay*
> for the SoW (always keep a bit of cash, a spare weapon,
> food/drink, and a light-source in the bank) but if I
> don't get it, I start running. As for clarity - c'mon,
> I don't even *play* a chanter capable of giving out
> breeze/clarity (okay, she's level *one*. hasn't even
> killed anything yet. can you blame me, when I tell you
> I'm an erudite chanter?) and I can't believe the amount
> of people screaming for clarity. And in the most
> assuming ways, too. "Clarity at orc 1 plz!" Uh... no?

I have found a good solution to the SOW problem. If people ask me nicely and are
in cast range they get sow. If someone beg for sow for a CR they get Scale of
Wolf. Its faster than sow, so theyll get their corpse faster, but if they lied
and just wanted a free sow theyre gonna get a hell of a surprise first time they
attack or try to cast a spell.

--
Hesten Gnyffa
Level 35 druid

Jam

Aug 29, 2001, 2:23:09 PM8/29/01
> And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can see
> invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50 friend
> who's afraid of these things.

Hmmm, i always invis myself before runing from IllOmen to FV, and i can go over
and burp at the spiders without being aggroed.

Wolfie

Aug 29, 2001, 3:00:51 PM8/29/01

"Jam" <j...@removethisline.jamspage.com> wrote in message

> > And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can
see
> > invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50
friend
> > who's afraid of these things.
>
> Hmmm, i always invis myself before runing from IllOmen to FV, and i can go
over
> and burp at the spiders without being aggroed.

They don't all see through invis. Some do, though. Just stand
around and /con them for a few minutes

NECP

Aug 29, 2001, 2:53:46 PM8/29/01
> > And in case you're thinking, "just ask for an invis", the driders can
see
> > invis. I don't know what level these things are, but I got a level 50
friend
> > who's afraid of these things.
>
> Hmmm, i always invis myself before runing from IllOmen to FV, and i can go
over
> and burp at the spiders without being aggroed.

It's like this:

The Drachnids do NOT natively see invis. However, some of the driders---er
drachnids---are casters which have "See Invisibility" and will cast it as
one of their buffs. They cast this on themselves... and their bretheren
will occassionally ask for it.

The result is drachnids which intermittantly see invis.

John McConn

Aug 29, 2001, 3:47:22 PM8/29/01
Let me guess you are a Mage or a Necro? Just try putting yourself in their
shoes Chanters get hounded to death for Clarity, Druids and Wizards are
hounded for ports, and Clerics for Rezzing. The real problem is people have
gotten to the point where they believe it is your responsibility to take
care of their needs, no please no offer of compensation just drop what ever
you are doing run over to them and provide your services. Wither you believe
it or not I have been flamed for being the only healer in a group in Lower
Guk and wont leave to perform a Res for some bozo.

Think about it

"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote in message
> I would love to see this. I am rarely anon as I like to help others in
need

> but as it is now it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
> desperately needed. Flame on

Serefin

Aug 29, 2001, 3:59:04 PM8/29/01
In article <pn2qotcio7ajfphsc...@4ax.com>,
dark...@mindspring.com says...

> morp...@cent.com (Dream King) wrote:

> >>friend
> >>>

> >>They're around level 30 to 32.. ;) Now Vekis, that's a guy to be scared
> >>of..
> >
> > Vekis is a she. Just fyi and all that...
>
> Dunno why people have such a hard time telling...
>
> Bad make-up, head crest, scrawny tail = female.
> No head crest, dull colors, strong tail = male.

Maybe cause I'm running my ass the other way as rapidly as possible.
Unless you count seeing her in the screen while waiting for the "Loading
please wait... " to wear off. :p

--
Serefin Schattenseite
Rogue of Bristlebane

Serapis Mithras
Warrior of Tribunal

Drinal

Serefin

Aug 29, 2001, 4:09:25 PM8/29/01
In article <3B8D330C...@removethisline.jamspage.com>,
j...@removethisline.jamspage.com says...
Might wanna be a little more careful around the casters.. they see invis
sometimes and just LOVE to root, dot and blast you to cinders.

Unforgiven Edge

Unforgiven Edge

Aug 29, 2001, 4:09:57 PM8/29/01
Hey man! I'm a Troll, what does that have to do with it? :P

--
Unforgiven Edge
"British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

"Dan Harmon" <deha...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Drake

Aug 29, 2001, 4:24:36 PM8/29/01
"NECP" <sp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Do they (the Drach's) get fed up with SoW begs too??

Dark Tyger

Aug 29, 2001, 4:28:32 PM8/29/01
Serefin <robar...@home.com> wrote:

How can you not notice as a glance the bright, gaudy facial colors as
opposed to the dull, washed-out colors of a male Iksar? Or the big
thing behind her head? It doesn't exactly take a close-up inspection
to see the difference, good god, people.

NECP

Aug 29, 2001, 4:38:33 PM8/29/01
> > The Drachnids do NOT natively see invis. However, some of the
> driders---er
> > drachnids---are casters which have "See Invisibility" and will cast it
as
> > one of their buffs. They cast this on themselves... and their bretheren
> > will occassionally ask for it.
>
> Do they (the Drach's) get fed up with SoW begs too??

I believe they DO eat their own young, yes.

Dan Harmon

Aug 29, 2001, 5:04:37 PM8/29/01

"Lokari" <lokari@_nospam_lokari.net> wrote in message

> When you want one of these buffs, /auction for it. Offer some money,
> and agree to go to the provider.

I deliver, but it costs about 10 times more than the going rate.

Ken

Aug 29, 2001, 7:50:52 PM8/29/01

"Unforgiven Edge" <unforgi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> It's not just the message that's annoying though, it also causes lag on
your
> end if someone inspects you over and over. I was in Karnors a few days ago
> and there was a monk feigned at the live captain pull spot, he was getting
> in the way and making it awkward for targetting and in the end we all
walked
> over to him and right clicked him like mad, he went LD after a few seconds
> and we never saw him again.
>
> I know it's a mean thing to do but the guy was afk there when we got there
> and 5 hours later he still hadn't moved an inch and he was also making
> pulling harder for the ranger because she kept running into him and almost
> stopping.
>
> --
> Unforgiven Edge
> "British people fight dragons so they dont get all fiery" - Perry Saturn
> The thrill of the hunt is nothing, the thrill of the kill is paramount.

It isn't the inspecting that makes you lag out, it is the message that you
recieve from the server that someone is inspecting you. So, if you turn off
the inspect message it will have no effect on you.

ryouseika

Aug 29, 2001, 9:16:50 PM8/29/01
In article <udvpot8oqh8tjaei5...@4ax.com>,
dark...@mindspring.com says...

> ryouseika <ha...@ha.ha> wrote:
>
> >Well, I dunno about 'flaming' but... when do you
> >'desperately' need a sow or a clarity?
>
> I've occasionally ( when bored and medding ) picked on people over the
> meaning of "need" when they /ooc "NEED A SOW/PORT/CLARITY!!!!". No,
> you don't "need" those things. You can hunt and survive without them.
> I do it all the time. Quite effectively. You "need" food, air, water,
> etc. You "WANT" SOW/port/clarity.

Hee. I do that too :) "Explain 'need'." "Fuk off u s0w
me man I ned it 4 CR!"

Tsk. Thing is, I keep getting called a 'snob'. Now how
can I be a snob when I have ONE character who is lucky
enough to have SoW all the time, and NINE characters who
NEVER have SoW unless somebody offers (and even then,
I'll offer a donation or apologize if I haven't got any
money).

--
Lelilali (guess WHY I started a shaman?)
19th level shaman

Dan Day

Aug 29, 2001, 9:05:45 PM8/29/01
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:53:46 -0400, "NECP" <sp...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Hmmm, i always invis myself before runing from IllOmen to FV, and i can go
>over
>> and burp at the spiders without being aggroed.
>
>It's like this:
>
>The Drachnids do NOT natively see invis. However, some of the driders---er
>drachnids---are casters which have "See Invisibility" and will cast it as
>one of their buffs. They cast this on themselves... and their bretheren
>will occassionally ask for it.

The funny part is that they didn't used to be able to do this.

But they're Rangers, and the same time that a patch gave PC
Rangers the ability to cast See Invis (or cast it at a lower
level, I forget), the FV drachnids got the ability as well.

Suddenly, post-patch, FV was full of /shouts of, "WTF??", from
people who used to invis nonchalantly past the drachnids
but got a rude awakening that things had changed.

ryouseika

Aug 29, 2001, 9:22:03 PM8/29/01
In article <3B8D31FB.997B6153
@removethisline.jamspage.com>,
j...@removethisline.jamspage.com says...

> I have found a good solution to the SOW problem. If people ask me nicely and are
> in cast range they get sow. If someone beg for sow for a CR they get Scale of
> Wolf. Its faster than sow, so theyll get their corpse faster, but if they lied
> and just wanted a free sow theyre gonna get a hell of a surprise first time they
> attack or try to cast a spell.

Dang! I've got to level up for that spell. *evil laugh*

After further thought, I'd like to *see* a non-anon
capable server. And see how long people last :D

--
Lelilali

Frank Long

Aug 29, 2001, 9:59:39 PM8/29/01

> Serefin <robar...@home.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <pn2qotcio7ajfphsc...@4ax.com>,
> >dark...@mindspring.com says...

snip

> How can you not notice as a glance the bright, gaudy facial colors as
> opposed to the dull, washed-out colors of a male Iksar? Or the big
> thing behind her head? It doesn't exactly take a close-up inspection
> to see the difference, good god, people.

This is actually the opposite of the way it occurs in nature. Look at many
species of birds and lizards; males are brightly colored to attract mates
and distract predators, while females are dully colored to blend in with the
background for protection. Verant should have made the male Iksars the ones
with brightly colored and patterned faces and elaborate head crests, not the
females.

Frank

Lokari

Aug 29, 2001, 11:22:50 PM8/29/01
"Dan Harmon" <deha...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>I deliver, but it costs about 10 times more than the going rate.

Dan, Dan, Dan, don't you understand? If you play a class that can cast
Sow or Clarity, you're *supposed* to give it to anyone who comes
along, for free.

It's your obligation. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have
chosen one of those classes.

And after all, mana is free.

Or words to that effect :)

--

www.lokari.net

Richard Burge

Aug 30, 2001, 6:39:29 AM8/30/01
NECP <sp...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Drachnids do NOT natively see invis. However, some of the driders---er
> drachnids---are casters which have "See Invisibility" and will cast it as
> one of their buffs. They cast this on themselves... and their bretheren
> will occassionally ask for it.

Silkspinner: /t Webmistress Hey dude, can you gimme see invis?
Webmistress: /r Sorry, I don't do deliveries
Silkspinner: /r OK, I'll come to j00... WRU?
Webmistress: /r Sorry, I'm busy now - I'm running around with my group
poisoning all the level 20 PCs on their way to Lake of Ill Manners
Silkspinner: /r WTF? Lameass! I'll pay
Webmistress: /r Alright, I'll stop what I'm doing to come see invis you,
but it'll cost you 50pp
Silkspinner: /r hahahaha 50pp, the going rate's 2pp asshole - it's only
mana!
Webmistress: /r I guess you don't really need it that much then. Have a
nice day (/ignore Silkspinner)

Richard

Aug 30, 2001, 10:40:35 AM8/30/01
"ryouseika" <ha...@ha.ha> wrote in message

I used to wander around anon or rp all the time, for the last two or three
levels now, I have not done so. I have not noticed any difference in the
number of requests for sow or buffing.

--
Graeme, Barbarian Shaman of 33 seasons, Erollisi Marr
Tainneal, Halfling Warrior of 22 seasons, Erollisi Marr

Drake

Aug 30, 2001, 1:53:31 PM8/30/01
"Richard" <rjrapier peakpeak com> wrote in message news:3b8e4f58.0@news...

I *was* running my 27 dru /roleplay for several levels now, but I've found
that in wolf form (duh! it's gotta be a druid with a lastname like
Thunderfoot) I get PORT requests all the time now. So instead of making
excuses why I can't give a SoW at that moment, I now have to explain that
I'm not appropriate level to port yet. As you can imagine I then get alot
of 'whatever asshole' kind of responses.

So, I'm back to being non anon or rp.

*sigh*

ryouseika

Aug 30, 2001, 11:33:43 PM8/30/01
In article <3b8e4f58.0@news>, "Richard" <rjrapier
peakpeak com> says...

Ditto. I suppose it's a lot different for porters and
rezzers (sp?) but not many people will ask for a SoW 3
zones away :) OTOH, I've also learned that I shouldn't
stand certain places if I want to keep my mana.
Freeport and G Fay gates/lifts being the obvious
examples *g* Idiotically, I started out practicing my
spells at Freeport so that if I felt like trade-skilling
for a change (this would be BEFORE the patch, can't
afford to switch off anymore :() I could, and I ended up
making a hotkey saying "Sorry, I don't have SoW
memorized right now."

--
Lelilali (and another saying "No, I will not sit down
and memorize it, I'm busy right now." :) )

dstep

Aug 31, 2001, 12:52:45 AM8/31/01
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:53:31 -0700, "Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote:

I notice way more requests as a 55 druid if I'm not anon. Rather than
saying you are not high enough to do so, just do like I do and say
"nope." It works amazingly well most of the time because people
simply don't know how to take it. I think many of those asking are
kids who have never heard no from their parents. I don't even argue.

<beggar> I see you are 25 zones away from me and not anon, can you
please help me and come port me and my friend to this other place and
sow/sln/babysit us?

<me> Nope.

<beggar> ...

>> I used to wander around anon or rp all the time, for the last two or three
>> levels now, I have not done so. I have not noticed any difference in the
>> number of requests for sow or buffing.
>
>I *was* running my 27 dru /roleplay for several levels now, but I've found
>that in wolf form (duh! it's gotta be a druid with a lastname like
>Thunderfoot) I get PORT requests all the time now. So instead of making
>excuses why I can't give a SoW at that moment, I now have to explain that
>I'm not appropriate level to port yet. As you can imagine I then get alot
>of 'whatever asshole' kind of responses.
>
>So, I'm back to being non anon or rp.
>
>*sigh*

ydst...@yhome.ycom remove y's

dstep

Aug 31, 2001, 12:55:46 AM8/31/01
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:33:43 GMT, ryouseika <ha...@ha.ha> wrote:

For some reason I also find it fun to stand around at cities as an
obvious druid and simply ignore buffing requests. I really don't care
what they think of me since if they are a beggar I really don't want
to be on their list. Sometimes I'll do the opposite and just sow
everyone I see, but the point is that its up to me which I do. Its a
bit like charity in real life, maybe I'd contribute to this
organization but if someone from it is waving a can under my nose I
sure as heck won't.

>In article <3b8e4f58.0@news>, "Richard" <rjrapier
>peakpeak com> says...
>> "ryouseika" <ha...@ha.ha> wrote in message

>> I used to wander around anon or rp all the time, for the last two or three

>> levels now, I have not done so. I have not noticed any difference in the
>> number of requests for sow or buffing.
>
>Ditto. I suppose it's a lot different for porters and
>rezzers (sp?) but not many people will ask for a SoW 3
>zones away :) OTOH, I've also learned that I shouldn't
>stand certain places if I want to keep my mana.
>Freeport and G Fay gates/lifts being the obvious
>examples *g* Idiotically, I started out practicing my
>spells at Freeport so that if I felt like trade-skilling
>for a change (this would be BEFORE the patch, can't
>afford to switch off anymore :() I could, and I ended up
>making a hotkey saying "Sorry, I don't have SoW
>memorized right now."

ydst...@yhome.ycom remove y's

David Navarro

Aug 31, 2001, 4:11:48 AM8/31/01
dstep wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:53:31 -0700, "Drake" <dr...@nospam.org> wrote:
>
> I notice way more requests as a 55 druid if I'm not anon. Rather than
> saying you are not high enough to do so, just do like I do and say
> "nope." It works amazingly well most of the time because people
> simply don't know how to take it. I think many of those asking are
> kids who have never heard no from their parents. I don't even argue.
>
> <beggar> I see you are 25 zones away from me and not anon, can you
> please help me and come port me and my friend to this other place and
> sow/sln/babysit us?
>
> <me> Nope.

Heh... I noticed that. Pretty strange feeling too. "Hey, this is the
first time this person has heard the word 'no' in their lives..."

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Druid |
Rhialto, Enchanter | Living and Dying in Fennin Ro

Serefin

Aug 31, 2001, 11:31:45 AM8/31/01

evilsofa

Aug 31, 2001, 6:10:24 PM8/31/01
In article <XB3j7.33771$hT4.9...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>,
"Kirk Hanks" <k.h...@home.com> wrote:

> I would love to see this. I am rarely anon as I like to help others in need
> but as it is now it is extremely hard to find that clarity sow etc so
> desperately needed. Flame on

What race is your warrior?

--
"Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all
who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no